Grey's Anatomy - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

#61 of 201 Old 11-13-2009, 07:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsmama View Post
I know -- I thought that was crazy -- and sort of a cool ending. Did anyone else get why the bartender asked him if he was going home or going back to the hospital? I thought that was an odd question. Was it because he had to drive home but not to the hospital? Even if that is the reason -- he shouldn't be going to the hospital drunk.
The bartender can't get sued for him choosing to walk across the road and sleep it off at the hospital but can get sued for him getting in a car and killing someone. I loved the ending also - very creative. I think Merideth definitely figured things out but maybe no one else?

Jackie, wife to the Hubster, homeschooling mom to 4 girls: Lala (9) , Lissie (7) and Lauren (3) and our newest arrival Addie Jane born 10-1-10!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 201 Old 11-13-2009, 07:58 PM

I loved the storyline with the Chief- in an odd I'm happy he's an alcoholic way. It finally makes everything fall into place for the past season. Finally! And here I thought the writers had just gone soft. If you read the Greys Writers Blog the director says that yes Meredith finally clicks it all together when she sees the Chief at the end but that it will what she does with that information that will keep us on our toes.

I did not like however the way Bailey behaved in this episode. She is basically conceiling and covering his mistake? It seems very out of character for her. I dunno I wish she would have confronted him about it and not I'll take care of this.
#63 of 201 Old 11-13-2009, 08:14 PM

see, i think the bailey story line plays into it perfectly. in essence, she is an enabler. she is covering for him and wasn't that her issue with the interns way back....wanting to fix fix fix, do do do and realizing that she needed to let them fall down in order to improve. just my take anyway.

Happy Mommy to one amazing girl (6y) and one sweet boy (2y), and wife to DH since 7/03 : :
#64 of 201 Old 11-13-2009, 08:27 PM

I think Bailey is an enabler also. She doesn't like it when people cross her but if she can keep "hers" from getting into trouble, she will. Can we say L-VAT wire?? (or however you spell that!)

Jackie, wife to the Hubster, homeschooling mom to 4 girls: Lala (9) , Lissie (7) and Lauren (3) and our newest arrival Addie Jane born 10-1-10!
#65 of 201 Old 11-13-2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsjtc View Post
The bartender can't get sued for him choosing to walk across the road and sleep it off at the hospital but can get sued for him getting in a car and killing someone. I loved the ending also - very creative. I think Merideth definitely figured things out but maybe no one else?
Right. The hospital is across the street from Joe's bar. Speaking of, I'd like to see an update on Joe, his partner and their child...children? were there twins? I can't remember that part exactly.

Interesting thoughts about Bailey. I don't think she realizes he is drinking, but she is certainly codependent. I loved Torres suggesting Derek as a stand-in work husband and Bailey saying "too much hair". She has ALWAYS had that beef about him. I love it when they remember little details like that about the characters.
#66 of 201 Old 11-20-2009, 12:37 AM

Ok, that episode was horrible!! Anyone else think so too?? They just totally rushed it into 1 hour.

Grey's won't be back with new episodes now until mid January.
#67 of 201 Old 11-20-2009, 01:00 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I DVR'd it and couldn't even watch it. It was so choppy and boring.
#68 of 201 Old 11-20-2009, 09:01 AM

The choppiness was really a disservice to the story line. It was so underdeveloped and rushed!! That whole 'Sloan' thing could have been multiple episodes. And the heart patient? Same. I am happy that Yang/Hunt are getting their acts together!

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

#69 of 201 Old 11-20-2009, 01:32 PM

I agree. When they made the first *huge* leap from Thanksgiving to Christmas, I didn't really believe that was what had happened. Very poorly done, in my opinion.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#70 of 201 Old 11-20-2009, 07:33 PM

Although it might have been a little choppy, I think it was a pretty interesting way of telling the story. It was like each of the story lines had developed between the holidays. They didn't focus on the Mercy West people too much this time either.

I actually like Hunt and the heart goddess more than him and Yang. I just don't feel the chemistry between those two.

Lisa ~ Homeschooling mama to 9yo ds and 7yo dd both born at home and expecting #3 in November!
#71 of 201 Old 11-21-2009, 04:14 AM

I don't get the Hunt/Yang duo either. Just doesn't work for me.
#72 of 201 Old 11-21-2009, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisalee2 View Post
Although it might have been a little choppy, I think it was a pretty interesting way of telling the story. It was like each of the story lines had developed between the holidays. They didn't focus on the Mercy West people too much this time either.

I actually like Hunt and the heart goddess more than him and Yang. I just don't feel the chemistry between those two.
I agree. I think it was an interesting way of telling the story but DH didn't like it and felt it was rushed.

I don't like Hunt with Yang, either. I actually want Yang to be with the Mercy guy.
#73 of 201 Old 11-21-2009, 03:19 PM

Quote:
I agree. I think it was an interesting way of telling the story but DH didn't like it and felt it was rushed.

I don't like Hunt with Yang, either. I actually want Yang to be with the Mercy guy.
There was more chemistry in that brief moment between Hunt and Teddy then there has been in the entire history of the relationship between Hunt and Yang. I feel the same way about the Mercy guy and Yang.
#74 of 201 Old 01-16-2010, 10:56 PM

Did anyone watch on Thursday???
#75 of 201 Old 01-17-2010, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Did anyone watch on Thursday???
yep! Loved it. I was SO glad that Mer finally told Derek what's up with the Chief.

What did everyone think of Lexie and Mark breaking up?

#76 of 201 Old 01-17-2010, 08:49 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsjtc View Post
yep! Loved it. I was SO glad that Mer finally told Derek what's up with the Chief.

What did everyone think of Lexie and Mark breaking up?
I'm kinda glad they broke up. I just don't see them as a couple.

Mama, Painter, Special Needs Coordinator
#77 of 201 Old 01-17-2010, 09:52 AM

I thought they were cute together but kinda mismatched.

Christina really crossed a line wen se told Teddy that she could have Owen! Her career is more important to her than her relationship. I thought she looked shocked after she said it.

Sloan Sloane is a little annoying and I'm ready for that story line to go away. Alex cheating on Izzie with Lexie makes me sad too. He really loves Izzie and just used Lexie, it's just going to be bad.

#78 of 201 Old 01-17-2010, 10:12 AM

I think Christina just realized what it was that is most important to her.

#79 of 201 Old 01-17-2010, 12:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I thought Christina didn't realize what she said. And I wonder how Christinas man (forget his name) really feels about it.
#80 of 201 Old 01-17-2010, 12:29 PM

I so knew that Sloan was going to hook up with Addison. I could cut the air around them with a knife. But I fell asleep before I could see much more of Private Practice. Did they become a couple?

Sloans daughter looks too old for him to have. And lexi is good to leave. She looks younger than the dd. Would be weird.

What was alex thinking?! I was not at all surprised. He seems very impulsive when it comes to the bedroom.
#81 of 201 Old 01-22-2010, 02:32 AM

Did anyone get mad at Mark for freaking out on Lexie? Yes, she dumped him, but he made life altering decisions without asking her and flat out said I'd choose my adult kid, who I've known a few months, over you. I was so annoyed with him.

obstruct livery vehicles

#82 of 201 Old 01-22-2010, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_R View Post
Did anyone get mad at Mark for freaking out on Lexie? Yes, she dumped him, but he made life altering decisions without asking her and flat out said I'd choose my adult kid, who I've known a few months, over you. I was so annoyed with him.
Yeah, that really pissed me off.
#83 of 201 Old 01-22-2010, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_R View Post
yea -- that made me mad but I was really angry with Alex with how he treated Izzy. That speech was just weird!!!
#84 of 201 Old 01-22-2010, 09:06 AM

Quote:
yea -- that made me mad but I was really angry with Alex with how he treated Izzy. That speech was just weird!!!
ITA - both Mark and Alex were way off in that episode. I think Alex is just going into self-preservation mode. He's too afraid of being hurt again and is using the "I'm too good for you" thing to get out of his marriage. Maybe? He's been so mixed up since they got married. I think the singer's partner was pathetic to Alex and he didn't want to be that way. Pathetically waiting for the other person to keep hurting him.

Loved, loved Mer and Der. They are SO cute. I really appreciated that Derek waited and respected his wife before talking to the board. The Chief really had to go. Sad for him but I think he'll be back around.

Christina and Owen are awesome. I hope they stay together.

#85 of 201 Old 01-22-2010, 10:48 AM

I didn't really enjoy this episode. Hope the next one is better.

#86 of 201 Old 01-22-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
I didn't really enjoy this episode. Hope the next one is better.

praying.gif Angela married to DHsuperhero.gif......DDguitar.gif age 7 , DDblowkiss.gif age 5 ,  DSsleepytime.gif age 4 and sadly 2 angel.gif  in heaven, Catholic and ribbonwhite.gif with a dash of crunch: hang.gif    chicken3.gif  homeschool.gif

#87 of 201 Old 01-22-2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
I disagree. I was thrilled with Alex's speach. Izzy has been treating him like crap, and he didn't deserve it. He's standing up for himself and seeing that he really is worth something. If my husband left me with no warning and refused to talk to me for months, I wouldn't be thrilled if he came back just expecting everything to be just fine, only because someone else told him I was going on with my life. He deserves to go on with his life without being on her string to play with when she feels like it.
#88 of 201 Old 01-22-2010, 09:54 PM - Thread Starter

I'm super irritated with how they're trying to force us to watch Private Practice. I dont' like Private Practice and I don't want to be forced to watch it. What the heck was up with sticking that sceen from Private Practice in the middle of Grey's? And the constant "Major TV Crossover Event!!!!" where they force us to watch Private Practice to get the rest of the Grey's Anatomy story line is super irritating.

We were having major weather here last night so my recorded copy of Grey's is constantly interrupted by weather updates. I was going to watch it online but, it doesn't seem like I missed much.
#89 of 201 Old 01-23-2010, 05:02 PM

what was the PP scene in the middle? I don't even remember that... I may have fast forwarded if it was during a commercial....

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#90 of 201 Old 01-24-2010, 12:15 AM

I guess Alex and Izzy have to break up so KH can leave the show...

I don't get Mark. Seriously, he made those decisions and Lexi is fairly young, and he did sleep with his ex, so why the freakout???

I wonder what happens to Mer & Derrick. I think their relationship did get hurt a little there. But I didn't understand Mer at all. The chief drank, made bad decisions and nearly killed a guy in surgery... That's just not responsible to let that happen.

What about PP? I didn't catch that either.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page