Grey's Anatomy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 201 Old 09-25-2009, 03:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Anyone watch?

I won't spoil it yet for those who haven't watched it but, gosh, that was a hard episode
#2 of 201 Old 09-25-2009, 06:05 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I forgot it was on (I know, What kind of fan am I?) until 10:15. I watched the last 45 minutes and will have to read the recap on television without pity (if it's a show they cover this season!). We are closing on our first house today and last night was a frenzy of packing and cleaning!

"Hey, mama!" to the fried dough lovin', monkey-boy.joy.gifI'm back and ready to chat!

#3 of 201 Old 09-25-2009, 07:43 AM

I watched it. spoiler:

Even though I knew George was the one who was leaving, it was really good. Emotional, sad but a great ending to George. The original remaining 4 laughing at the funeral was hilarious! I think the Mercy West thing will turn into a great hospital story rather than every story line being about someone's lovelife. Love Lexi and Clara and Lexi and Sloan. LoveMer and Derek all married and happy. Liked the Christina storyline but could not believe some of her offensice statements! she can be so mean!

anyone else? I already can't wait for next week!

Jackie, wife to the Hubster, homeschooling mom to 4 girls: Lala (9) , Lissie (7) and Lauren (3) and our newest arrival Addie Jane born 10-1-10!
#4 of 201 Old 09-25-2009, 12:54 PM

Subbing ... I enjoyed it over all, but I have mixed feelings on it. There were parts I thought were obnoxious (I usually love Christina, but really didn't like her last night, plus I couldn't get into the laughing stuff). My heart breaks for Bailey. Chief drove me nuts. I do like Lexi and Sloan, and Calli was pretty cool too. I'm curious where the season will go, how they will deal with Ellen Pompeo's maternity leave. Oh, and I could have done without Izzy surviving. Hopefully her surviving will mean that Alex will finally show some growth.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#5 of 201 Old 09-25-2009, 01:27 PM

Shonda has said that Ellen Pompeo will not be missing any episodes this season.
#6 of 201 Old 09-25-2009, 02:40 PM

Wow! I'm not sure I want to think about how much work she probably did at the end of her pregnancy to be able to take time off with the baby (or think about her not taking time off with the new baby). Fascinating!

#7 of 201 Old 09-25-2009, 06:16 PM

all of it.. george would donate all of it.
And the part where Bailey demands to know who.. gets... what...tears. sobbing..

Every donor is a hero.

My best friend is a double lung transplant patient. She is in the hospital right now, but has and will continue to be a 7 + year survivor. We were on the phone just crying last night.

I thank the person who was her donor and his family every day for another day with my friend. They are heros. Real heros. They saved her life. 90% of the time, its a great life, full of friends, family and loved ones.
#8 of 201 Old 09-25-2009, 06:20 PM

Yea, I didn't get the whole Calli thing about not knowing what to do about George's organs - if he was willing to throw himself in front of a bus, then I'd put a big bet on him wanting to donate his organs too. It, in my opinion, was just a stupid way to try and figure out how to write in Izzy finding out - an unbelievable way.

#9 of 201 Old 09-25-2009, 07:32 PM

i thought the writers must all have stopped being paid, because this was the ~worst show ever! seriously .. bad acting- and i know the acters rick, so i can only blame the writers!

mdcblog5.gif   Liz mama to DS 10, DSS 9, DD 6, DS 3, DD 2 , Aquila- dec 19th 2009 died at my homebirth, and....welcome Willow born 9-16-10 (9 weeks early)  nut.gif
#10 of 201 Old 09-27-2009, 01:01 AM

OMG! I cried my eyes out! It was a gut wrenching episode. I am going to miss George Really excited for the new season.
#11 of 201 Old 09-29-2009, 01:29 PM

Great episode. I loved how it was all about grief, considering I just got back from a grief seminar this weekend. I loved the funeral scene! The night of my brother's funeral, my family went out to grab a bit to eat and we ended up laughing our butts off for about 10 minutes straight. It might seem strange to other people, but I understood their reaction at the funeral.

Yay for Christina and Owen!!!

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#12 of 201 Old 10-03-2009, 05:03 AM

Christina and Own bug me for some reason.

I was hoping for more meat in the second episode, but still enjoyed it.
#13 of 201 Old 10-03-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchgrrl View Post
Great episode. I loved how it was all about grief, considering I just got back from a grief seminar this weekend. I loved the funeral scene! The night of my brother's funeral, my family went out to grab a bit to eat and we ended up laughing our butts off for about 10 minutes straight. It might seem strange to other people, but I understood their reaction at the funeral.

Yay for Christina and Owen!!!
My mother lost her brother less than 2yrs after her mother. The funeral director was a family friend and took his job VERY seriously. After the family viewing he was closing the casket lid and the other half slammed shut...we were in hysterics, including mom. The poor director was VERY embarrassed .

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#14 of 201 Old 10-06-2009, 07:51 PM

I actually LOVED the laughter at the funeral scene. It was soo natural and it just made perfect sense to me. but maybe, I'm just wierd.

Anyway, I'm not liking Callie a whole lot this time around. She's just rubbing me the wrong way with her nonchalant and bitchy attitude towards her sweet girlfriend.

Mama to a 3.5 yo dd
#15 of 201 Old 10-08-2009, 09:13 PM

I know a lot of people didn't get the laughter thing...but we laughed at my grandpa's funeral. The priest said something and then, all six of us granddaughters were just busting out with the giggles.

I'm still not sure about christina and owen and the whole Mercy West thing????

They're trying to make it ER. I haven't watched the latest episode-- keep meaning to...maybe I should do that now.

Welcome to the Real World she said to me, condescendingly, take a seat. Take your life; plot it out in black and white.
#16 of 201 Old 10-09-2009, 10:16 AM

I thought Lexie's monologue last night (when asking Meredith to donate to thier dad) was awesome.

Wife to an amazing man love.gif, mommy to 3 wild dudes: ds1 (5/23/05 @ 30 weeks), ds2 (3/5/09) hbac.gif, and ds3 (9/26/10) hbac.gif. Part time librarianread.gif, full time mommysupermod.gif, occasional chef and maid.

#17 of 201 Old 10-09-2009, 12:39 PM

I like Lexie more and more - I didn't like her at all in the beginning, but the way they have matured her character is really good. Meredith, on the other hand ... I can just say that if she did not make the decision she did last night, I might have had to have thrown something at the TV. I'm just done with the whiny "my life sucks" stuff. I thought she was finally past that. I really liked Christina's speech to the Chief at the end too.

#18 of 201 Old 10-09-2009, 01:13 PM

Oh dear, I need to make sure my dvr is recording this series.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#19 of 201 Old 10-09-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post

They're trying to make it ER. I haven't watched the latest episode-- keep meaning to...maybe I should do that now.
I was reading an article last week about this. They ARE trying for an ER. Basically said that they want a show that will last 15 (they actually said, like ER) or so years and in order to do that they are expanding the cast so that was the original cast leaves the show it won't matter because there will be other characters to fill the gap.

I hate long lasting shows. I'm a huge fan of the Office (the British one) because it only lasted 2 seasons. It told a story and ended it while the going was good. Extras did the same thing. These American shows that drag things on and on just ruin the show as they storylines seems to get crappier every season.

I can't stop watching because I'm invested in the original five but I don't think I can hold on for 15+ years!
#20 of 201 Old 10-11-2009, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter

I think this season, so far, is the most interesting in quite a while. I like where they're going.

I agree about Lexi. And Sloan as well. I'm so glad they're maturing the characters.

Dark and twisty is only watchable for so long. Bad behavior is only ok for so long. For a while you can look at the character and try to understand where they're coming from but, after a while, these behaviors became too annoying to watch anymore.

I'm so happy to see them mature the characters we love and bring in some new characters as well.
#21 of 201 Old 10-12-2009, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcal View Post
Dark and twisty is only watchable for so long. Bad behavior is only ok for so long. For a while you can look at the character and try to understand where they're coming from but, after a while, these behaviors became too annoying to watch anymore.
Amen.

Meredith Grey is the most annoying character on that show. Possibly the most annoying character anywhere, ever. I constantly want to slap her face.

I only watch the show for the likes of Christina and Alex.

--"Mama Bear" : to DD 8/06
Tree-hugging :, queer-loving , liberal, feminist hippie mom! :
#22 of 201 Old 10-15-2009, 11:48 PM

Does anyone else really really hate the Mercy West plot line? That and the way the Chief is acting.

obstruct livery vehicles

#23 of 201 Old 10-16-2009, 11:58 AM

I hate it. I didn't even watch last night because of it.
#24 of 201 Old 10-16-2009, 01:05 PM

Last night annoyed me. I doubt Bailey would have said that to Izzy!! "You killed her". Come on!!! And Christina's crying? I love her character but I almost laughed at that scene. She sounded like a man underwater. Her voice just did something weird. And Meredith in the bed? Way to mask the pregnancy, guys! It's so obvious, it's annoying!

But, poor Alex.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Arizona! Every time she opens her mouth, she's awesome!

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#25 of 201 Old 10-16-2009, 01:14 PM

I thought overall last night's episode was ridiculous. The only part I liked was when Callie went off on her father - she was awesome in that scene. The rest of it, eh, I could have done without.

#26 of 201 Old 10-16-2009, 01:25 PM

I loved the whole Torres/Arizona/father thing, and Alex after Izzy left was really heartwrenching - but the rest? Ugh. First, I can't believe that the board was about to fire the Chief and now they're letting him oversee a merger - what? huh? And I have a hard time with the fact that everyone from Mercy West is uniformly evil, and that they would even bring them over before they decided who they were letting go from Seattle Grace. It's just stupid.
#27 of 201 Old 10-16-2009, 01:36 PM

I think they are making a big mistake with this whole merger thing... especially the 'way' they are doing it like pp said. I think they will lose viewers because of it. I really didn't care for last night's show. (and I'm a huge fan)

All natural sahm to dd1(12yo) and dd2(6yo). Married 16 years.

Time for the Master Tonic! thumb.gif

#28 of 201 Old 10-16-2009, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

I LOVED the Christina thing! I love that we, every once in a great while, are reminded that she's human. To me, it's totally believable that she would break down about not getting to pursue her dream of being a cardiac surgeon. I totally believe that she would be devastated to go from learning from the best, being in on the best surgeries to having to fight for demeaning surgeries (in her eyes). Being a surgeon is her life and she's watching all hope of being a world class cardiac surgeon slip away. I love that she totally lost it for a few minutes over that.

The Mercy West thing isn't thrilling me. I too hate that they're making them all evil. It's ridiculous.

I do get why they did the merger and hopefully it will smooth out with time. But right now, I hate the constant chaos.
#29 of 201 Old 10-17-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcal View Post
I LOVED the Christina thing! I love that we, every once in a great while, are reminded that she's human. To me, it's totally believable that she would break down about not getting to pursue her dream of being a cardiac surgeon. I totally believe that she would be devastated to go from learning from the best, being in on the best surgeries to having to fight for demeaning surgeries (in her eyes). Being a surgeon is her life and she's watching all hope of being a world class cardiac surgeon slip away. I love that she totally lost it for a few minutes over that.

The Mercy West thing isn't thrilling me. I too hate that they're making them all evil. It's ridiculous.

I do get why they did the merger and hopefully it will smooth out with time. But right now, I hate the constant chaos.
I agree with you on almost everything you have said here.

let's see.. I cried during the Christina scene. I can completely understand fighting for your dream and failing... esp. after you have already tasted it.. with burke.

really lost it during Alex's scene..

cried during the Arizona scene. she's quickly becoming my favorite character btw. LOVE her!

Callie's interactions with her dad and Arizona really made the show last night.

HOwever, I do not hate the merger. glad to see some new faces..
but really really sad for Izzie
and Alex and Christina...

the chief is going through a lot. seems shaken and has lost some of his warmth and confidence. was blindsided that he went from being almost fired to the chief of TWO hospitals. um.. wow.

Mama to a 3.5 yo dd
#30 of 201 Old 10-17-2009, 11:27 PM

I'm wondering whats' going to happen with Izzie. Everything I've read says she'll be gone for a few episodes, but she'll be back. What's she going to do if she comes back? I mean can they unfire her?

obstruct livery vehicles

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page