desperate housewives!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
First ... 3  4  5 6  7 
Television > desperate housewives!!
katiedidbug's Avatar katiedidbug 01:48 AM 01-08-2010
Felicity Huffman is an amazing actress, for sure. Has anyone seen her in TransAmerica? She did an amazing job in that, too.

GreenKnitPocket's Avatar GreenKnitPocket 07:15 PM 01-08-2010
I thought that Susan's "fat suit" was really bad. I'm surprised the show/ ABC didn't get more flack for that. She looked healthy- minus the ridiculous amount of chin fat they gave her. She just looked awful because she wore *ahem* revealing clothes. I was disappointed with that because I love a good fat suit on TV.

The episode was really good though. I like how they played out the scenarios, but not for nothing, it helped the characters make choices.

I agree with all of y'all that Felicity Huffman has been amazing in these episodes. While so much of this show is ridiculous and frivelous, her character and acting continues to bring it down to our level helping us relate to the issues she's going through.

I can't wait for Sunday's episode. It looks fun!
hollytheteacher's Avatar hollytheteacher 12:03 PM 02-01-2010
This thread is kind of dying....better bump it up!

Did you guys watch last night? I thought it was okaaay. It is kind of one of those middle-ish episodes where not a lot happens. The whole therapist theater thing was dumb but at least now maybe they are done with the therapy? It was kind of a boring story line.
DaughterOfKali's Avatar DaughterOfKali 12:08 PM 02-01-2010
It was a boring episode.
sunshinestarr's Avatar sunshinestarr 04:54 PM 02-01-2010
Yawn. I don't know. The whole saving the earth thing seems kind of contrived. "What, I should just sit and watch her defile our earth?" It just wasn't convincing, although I like her character otherwise. But I do believe that she's the one who strangled those two women - the first was her husband's lover and the second, she saw flirting with her husband (sorry, I don't remember any names at all!)
Bree (there's one name, heehee) and her husband, yawn..
You could tell in the beginning that that stripper was going to end up living with what's-her-name..
Meh. After a week off last week, I was hoping for some more excitement!
amcal's Avatar amcal 07:17 PM 02-01-2010
Pretty boring episode but, some freaking hilarious lines

"why don't we just crack a bottle of champagne across her pelvis and wish him a bon voyage?" That cracked me up!
pixiekisses's Avatar pixiekisses 05:11 PM 02-02-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcal View Post
Pretty boring episode but, some freaking hilarious lines

"why don't we just crack a bottle of champagne across her pelvis and wish him a bon voyage?" That cracked me up!
Yup.
mandib50's Avatar mandib50 03:23 AM 03-22-2010
so whatever happened to the strangling storyline? or was that just to make that kid seem bad? i hate when they leave loose ends like that.
sunshinestarr's Avatar sunshinestarr 04:18 PM 04-21-2010
This episode gave me the creeps.
delightedbutterfly's Avatar delightedbutterfly 06:45 PM 04-21-2010
Ok so I saw previews for the next show...

But here's a question... Is the friend who strangled the ex finance the same one that possibly strangled Susan's daughter?

There seem to be a lot of loose ends and nothing being wrapped up!
sunshinestarr's Avatar sunshinestarr 06:05 PM 04-26-2010
Ugh, my gosh, why do I keep watching this show? And right before bedtime. I've got the creeps again. I'm starting to hate this show!
Adamsmama's Avatar Adamsmama 06:27 PM 04-26-2010
I found it very disturbing.
coleslaw's Avatar coleslaw 06:31 PM 04-26-2010
That episode was so incredibly depressing and draining to watch.
mandib50's Avatar mandib50 11:21 PM 04-27-2010
not only which, i felt it was irrelevant really to anything and more of a dark filler than developing characters or storylines.
JustSo's Avatar JustSo 04:48 AM 05-01-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandib50 View Post
not only which, i felt it was irrelevant really to anything and more of a dark filler than developing characters or storylines.
finally caught up online. totally depressing episode. "how are monsters created? by other monsters."

for some wack reason, i do feel sorry for eddie. I have this vision of the 4-yr-old version of him getting caught and being dragged off in a paddywagon with a sad puppy dog look on his face.
nola79's Avatar nola79 11:50 PM 05-03-2010
That was the worst episode ever. I don't even know why I kept watching it!
Last nights was ok, it seems like they're going a bit overboard? I mean, a terrorist, a serial killer, and now insinuating something with Mike of all characters? Like the show is just grabbing at straws now, but I'm still watching....
sunshinestarr's Avatar sunshinestarr 04:17 PM 05-05-2010
After last week's dark episode I told myself that I was done, but I'm still watching too. Sigh. Ho hum!
mandib50's Avatar mandib50 12:15 AM 05-07-2010
i felt the same. i'll keep watching but i am really disappointed in this season.
JustSo's Avatar JustSo 03:35 AM 05-11-2010
I must be the only one really truly enjoying it still! Last night's was a cliffhanger. I'm dying to see the finale!
Adamsmama's Avatar Adamsmama 08:30 AM 05-11-2010
We are watching it still. Yes -- the cliffhanger sort of freaked me out with Lynette. I don't get the deal with Mike -- was there a mystery around him or was it just that people hadn't paid him back...
coleslaw's Avatar coleslaw 12:24 PM 05-11-2010
I'm still enjoying it. I like all of the danger in Wysteria... (insert creepy music) I wonder how Lynette is going to get out of there. I'm guessing labor, young male freaking out, feeling maternal love for Lynette and letting her go and turning himself in to get the help she convinces him that he needs. Gabby is going to have to save Angie and Danny somehow, but I don't know how that is going to happen, unless she just tells Nick and he somehow escapes the hospital. I love chessy shows like this!
AFWife's Avatar AFWife 02:13 PM 05-11-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by coleslaw View Post
I'm still enjoying it. I like all of the danger in Wysteria... (insert creepy music) I wonder how Lynette is going to get out of there. I'm guessing labor, young male freaking out, feeling maternal love for Lynette and letting her go and turning himself in to get the help she convinces him that he needs.
Either this or Lynette is going to fight back (pregnant and all!) She's a bad@$$ like that.
mandib50's Avatar mandib50 02:04 AM 05-13-2010
very creepy ending with lynette. i'm a little disappointed how the storyline came about ... something that sinister you'd think they would have built up the killer's character a little bit more over the season.
delightedbutterfly's Avatar delightedbutterfly 03:07 PM 05-17-2010
Ohhhh I just finished watching it!

That was GOOOOOOD! Best episode they have had in a while I think...

I wonder what will happen between Bree and Gabby!

I am REALLY hoping next season picks up from *rightthere* no breaks or pauses!And MaryEllen's Husband is back!? How is that going to work?

And who do you think had their child switched at the hospital... and why would someone do that... I mean why?
AFWife's Avatar AFWife 03:10 PM 05-17-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by brymommy View Post
And who do you think had their child switched at the hospital... and why would someone do that... I mean why?
Maybe someone paid her off...
LiLStar's Avatar LiLStar 03:43 PM 05-17-2010
My guess is that it was Gabby's daughter Celia who was switched. I always thought she was poorly cast because she doesn't look like she could pass as a member of their family. Whenever her and Juanita are in the same scene I'm like, wtf was the casting director thinking? They don't look like sisters at all. So maybe it was intentional because this story line was planned.
nola79's Avatar nola79 12:59 AM 05-18-2010
I was thinking Bree at first, like Sam is really her son and not Andrew. But, I don't know if their dates of birth are the same. Maybe MJ or Celia if not the Sam/Andrew switch.
milosmomma's Avatar milosmomma 01:16 AM 05-18-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by nola79 View Post
I was thinking Bree at first, like Sam is really her son and not Andrew. But, I don't know if their dates of birth are the same.
Oooooh, that would have been good. Except that I believe Sam is older. He'd been conceived when Rex left to start his life with Bree, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nola79 View Post
Maybe MJ or Celia if not the Sam/Andrew switch.
I'm thinking it's MJ...then Susan & Mike will get a settlement from the hospital, which will bring them back to Wisteria Ln.

So, I haven't watched from the beginning of the series. Can somebody give me a quick run-down of Mary Alice's husband and why it's a big deal that he's back? Thanks.
delightedbutterfly's Avatar delightedbutterfly 08:27 PM 05-18-2010
BlueIrises's Avatar BlueIrises 09:26 PM 05-18-2010
I think it is MJ...and why would you let a murderer hold your newborn. I forget the storyline of MaryAlice's hubby...I will have to read the wiki...I kinda think Gabby shouldn't/won't be mad b/c she hated Carlos' mother and her death was a real favor...now Carlos on the otherhand will be devastated
First ... 3  4  5 6  7 

Up