desperate housewives!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 206 Old 09-27-2009, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
okay so the new season doesn't start yet for another 1/2 hour but i hope that it is better than last year! still, i'm looking forward to seeing who marries mike tonite ...

Midwifery student , Mama to my 4 amazing kids. treehugger.gif

#2 of 206 Old 09-28-2009, 02:18 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I had to laugh when Lynette was telling the expecting mother about the joys of parenthood. But for some reason the sound cut out during part of it, even though I could hear the theme music.
#3 of 206 Old 09-28-2009, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

the ending was a little surprising with julie ... and the scar on the new woman's back- i wonder what that's about!

#4 of 206 Old 09-29-2009, 09:43 AM

I also laughed hysterically during the Lynette rant. My favorite part was when the lady said her husband was really hands-on and would be really helpful and Lynette goes: "Oh really? Does he have boobs? cause get what, YOU are the all night milk bar! " or something like that hahahha

I usually get annoyed at anti-baby/pregnancy stuff on shows, but this was actually really funny and kind of right on! lol. I love the description of her boobs too when the lady said she looked good for having four kids and then Lynetee said she hadn't seen her naked and her boobs looklike two old balloons you found behind the couch a week after the party. hahahahahha

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#5 of 206 Old 09-29-2009, 10:32 AM

I was surprised about Julie, too. Also, who's house did those people buy? They talked about a suicide -- was wondering who's house that was? Was it from something way back ... we've watched all but the 1st season, I think.
#6 of 206 Old 09-29-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsmama View Post
I was surprised about Julie, too. Also, who's house did those people buy? They talked about a suicide -- was wondering who's house that was? Was it from something way back ... we've watched all but the 1st season, I think.
Yes in the very first season. The woman who does the "voice" sort of behind the scenes during the show...like the narrator person (kwim?) she committed suicide in that house.

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#7 of 206 Old 10-02-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollytheteacher View Post
I also laughed hysterically during the Lynette rant. My favorite part was when the lady said her husband was really hands-on and would be really helpful and Lynette goes: "Oh really? Does he have boobs? cause get what, YOU are the all night milk bar! " or something like that hahahha

I usually get annoyed at anti-baby/pregnancy stuff on shows, but this was actually really funny and kind of right on! lol. I love the description of her boobs too when the lady said she looked good for having four kids and then Lynetee said she hadn't seen her naked and her boobs looklike two old balloons you found behind the couch a week after the party. hahahahahha
I did like Lynette's rant, but later, during her ultrasound, her stomach does NOT look like spanish stucco (or whatever she said) Could they at least have NOT shown me her killer flat tummy?
#8 of 206 Old 10-03-2009, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cersha View Post
I did like Lynette's rant, but later, during her ultrasound, her stomach does NOT look like spanish stucco (or whatever she said) Could they at least have NOT shown me her killer flat tummy?
I know. she totally lied.

Mama to a 3.5 yo dd
#9 of 206 Old 10-04-2009, 07:48 PM

Subbing. I knew she was going to make that poor new mommy cry.
#10 of 206 Old 10-04-2009, 09:28 PM

And she did not look big enough to be, what did they say? three or four months pregnant with twins. After 4 kids? I wish my body looked as "bad" as hers

I love D.H. It's my favorite show and I was so looking forward to this!
#11 of 206 Old 10-04-2009, 09:47 PM

And, what makes it worse, is that Felicity (the actress that plays Lynette) has had two kids. Desperate Housewives, please don't show me her tummy again.
#12 of 206 Old 10-05-2009, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter

yeah, she's almost 12 weeks pregnant! i wonder who went after julie ...

#13 of 206 Old 10-05-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandib50 View Post
yeah, she's almost 12 weeks pregnant! i wonder who went after julie ...
Well, I sure got the feeling that they want us to think it's the new neighbor kid. Although, I can't figure out WHY he would want to strangle her.
#14 of 206 Old 10-06-2009, 03:38 PM

subbing!
#15 of 206 Old 10-06-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Life Time plays over the D.H series, but it had already started. Not sure when they going to start it over again. The play the old series of D.H. for two hours every day.
#16 of 206 Old 10-06-2009, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cersha View Post
Well, I sure got the feeling that they want us to think it's the new neighbor kid. Although, I can't figure out WHY he would want to strangle her.
I was thinking that they want us to believe it is the new kid, but how knows maybe it is Carlos neice or Katerine, I would like to know. And wonder who Julie baby could have been for..
#17 of 206 Old 10-06-2009, 09:21 PM

My gut is telling me it's the husband of the new family. Didn't Julie have a relationship with an older man before? After she was done tutoring Danny she gave the Dad a look that stood out to me. Maybe she and him had an affair and when he found out she was "pregnant" he tried to kill her?

SAHM to my baby girl Ella (12/09) wife to the love of my life practicing/believing in
#18 of 206 Old 10-06-2009, 10:13 PM

ooh, good eye.

I thought it was more of a, "hey are you really hitting on me, that's so gross" look. That would be "complicated" though. Have they been living there long enough for her to have gotten pregnant already?
#19 of 206 Old 10-06-2009, 11:48 PM

I'm not sure of the time line :-)

SAHM to my baby girl Ella (12/09) wife to the love of my life practicing/believing in
#20 of 206 Old 10-07-2009, 04:38 AM

Can someone remind me of Bree's situation with her husband? I remember that he's blackmailing her but I forget why...
I really didn't think she'd start the affair! I was surprised at the end of the wedding episode.
I can see that ... shoot, I forget everyone's name.. The husband who just re-married his ex wife... His ex-fiance, the redhead (sorry!).. she's going to get loopier and loopier! It'll be fun to watch, but I really hope she doesn't cause too much trouble for the married couple..
#21 of 206 Old 10-07-2009, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticklemegreen View Post
My gut is telling me it's the husband of the new family. Didn't Julie have a relationship with an older man before? After she was done tutoring Danny she gave the Dad a look that stood out to me. Maybe she and him had an affair and when he found out she was "pregnant" he tried to kill her?
Well -- I thought it might be the dad, too, but I didn't even think about the pregnancy part. I just thought he seemed like he did it. Could be, though.
#22 of 206 Old 10-07-2009, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinestarr View Post
Can someone remind me of Bree's situation with her husband? I remember that he's blackmailing her but I forget why...
I really didn't think she'd start the affair! I was surprised at the end of the wedding episode.
I can see that ... shoot, I forget everyone's name.. The husband who just re-married his ex wife... His ex-fiance, the redhead (sorry!).. she's going to get loopier and loopier! It'll be fun to watch, but I really hope she doesn't cause too much trouble for the married couple..
Bree's husband was blackmailing her because she faked a robbery and took a bunch of hist stuff which he called his insurance about and that could be considered fraud.
#23 of 206 Old 10-07-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticklemegreen View Post
Almost forgot about that look...

That would be a kicker if she had an affair with him, knowing what her mother went through with her dad.
#24 of 206 Old 10-07-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Bree's husband was blackmailing her because she faked a robbery and took a bunch of hist stuff which he called his insurance about and that could be considered fraud.
TY! But why'd she fake the robbery? I am wondering why their relationship went downhill... Maybe wikipedia can tell me, too..
#25 of 206 Old 10-07-2009, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

i missed the look between julie and the dad ... good point!

i don't really remember why the whole insurance thing came along but i think it was because bree's lawyer recommended it because bree didn't want to have to give orson his half of the marital assets that she had worked so hard to obtain while he was in jail.

#26 of 206 Old 10-07-2009, 05:10 PM

[QUOTE=mandib50;14493702]i missed the look between julie and the dad ... good point!

i don't really remember why the whole insurance thing came along but i think it was because bree's lawyer recommended it because bree didn't want to have to give orson his half of the marital assets that she had worked so hard to obtain while he was in jail.[/QUOTE]

Orson started stealing things to teach people a lesson to people who upset him. Also he wanted Bree to sell/get rid of her cooking company because he wanted her to go back to being the housewife she was as her business was taking up too much of her time. A few other small things lead to her wanting a divorce. So she did what the above poster said.
#27 of 206 Old 10-07-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinestarr View Post
TY! But why'd she fake the robbery? I am wondering why their relationship went downhill... Maybe wikipedia can tell me, too..
She faked the robbery because....

1) Orson was stealing things because it made him feel like he was in control. And he broke into friend's houses and stole things. Brie found out and called it unnacceptable and took him to therapy. He stopped to save his marriage-- but started up again and lied to Brie.
2) When Orson started robbing again, he was running across the road (he had just stolen something) and he was the reason Edie Brit swerved her car and ran into a pole and die. The person Orson was robbing ID'd him, but she was old, and he got her sent away to a home.
3) Brie found out and wanted to divorce him, but when she consulted with Carl, the divorce lawyer, he said that Orson would get half of Brie's fortune.
4) So Brie staged the robbery so that she could divorce Orson and he wouldn't get half.
5) BUT THEN... Orson found out about the staged robbery, insert bribery, control battles and an affair.

SCANDALOUS! haha I love this show!

It's just good music if you can feel it in your soul. - Tim McGraw
#28 of 206 Old 10-08-2009, 04:23 AM

Thanks so much, GreenKnit! I appreciate the recap!!!
#29 of 206 Old 10-20-2009, 01:07 AM

Wow, no one has posted?!

So Julie's married boyfriend is Dominic, the dad of the new family?! I wonder what the mom will do when she finds out. And you just know that it will come to light eventually. Will she take her feelings out on her cheating husband or on Julie?

Katherine is going over the edge. I wonder where her storyline will end up.

I loved the way Gaby told Carlos that her life is small, and that she loved it.

I really appreciate Desperate Housewives. I only watch two shows on TV. And I really needed a little escapism over the weekend.

Ann-Marita. I deleted my usual signature due to, oh, wait, if I say why, that might give too much away. 

#30 of 206 Old 10-20-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann-Marita View Post
Wow, no one has posted?!
I loved the way Gaby told Carlos that her life is small, and that she loved it.
I loved that too! I was soooo afraid she was going to go back to John, ugh! So cute!

Yeah the Mom (Dominic's wife) is going to beat someone down--- and the son knows now too, right? It's the perfect escape show!

It's just good music if you can feel it in your soul. - Tim McGraw

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page