Dexter-season 4 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#61 of 172 Old 11-03-2009, 10:09 AM
 
AFWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by an_aurora View Post



I was really thinking (ok, hoping) that she would find his "kit" and he'd have to kill her.

I thought last night's episode with the counseling was crap. Get rid of her ass already!
Or maybe somewhere deep inside she's as twisted as he is and will love him even more...

*sighs* I keep hoping that either A) She'll become cool and stop being annoying or B) She'll "leave" (whatever that means to the writers)

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
AFWife is offline  
#62 of 172 Old 11-03-2009, 10:23 AM
 
~Charlie's~Angel~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,505
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else TOTALLY see what Trinity's cycle was all about before Dexter figured it out? But what exactly was the looking at her face in the mirror while she died all about? Did he kill her, or did she kill herself and he had to watch her die? The mothers suicide is totally obvious. And the fathers bludgening death? Obvious too. Unless of course the writers are trying to throw a curve ball at us. I have a feeling Dexter is going to end up wanting to befriend trinity after a while, just because they are almost like kin.

Rita is going to end up being some sort of freak or something, that will be turned on by his "dark passenger" OR dead.

ANyone remember back to when the show first started, and she was SOOOO wounded? I liked her then. Her character had more depth to it. Dexter was also much more black and white. There is so much grey area now, but I can see they are trying to bring that back. WIth his emotionlessness. (woops, is that a word?)
~Charlie's~Angel~ is offline  
#63 of 172 Old 11-09-2009, 01:55 PM
 
~Charlie's~Angel~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,505
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey ladies. ANyone else feel like last nights episdoe was a total filler and time waster/builder upper to something bigger next week with Trinity?

FYI, all the women in this show are seriously starting to wear on me. From Rita, to Deb, to Maria. OYE!! ALl of you SHUT THE F UP and quit wining! Especially Rita. That whole, "Well I was hoping he would change after we got married" BS last week, I mean SERIOUSLY? NO ONE is that Dumb, or even dumb enough to ADMIT they are that dumb, you know? Even that Chirstine Hill is bugging me, BIG TIME.
~Charlie's~Angel~ is offline  
#64 of 172 Old 11-09-2009, 03:23 PM
 
emelsea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie64g View Post
FYI, all the women in this show are seriously starting to wear on me. From Rita, to Deb, to Maria. OYE!! ALl of you SHUT THE F UP and quit wining! Especially Rita. That whole, "Well I was hoping he would change after we got married" BS last week, I mean SERIOUSLY? NO ONE is that Dumb, or even dumb enough to ADMIT they are that dumb, you know? Even that Chirstine Hill is bugging me, BIG TIME.

I couldn't agree more. Do the writers of Dexter hate women in general? Because the only woman (other than one of the women Dexter has killed) who ever showed some backbone or whose storyline didn't center around the quest to find a man (Ellen Wolf) ended up dead.
emelsea is offline  
#65 of 172 Old 11-09-2009, 07:50 PM
 
Labbemama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,356
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can anyone pm me where I can find the last two episodes online? Cable shut off. It's tragic.
Labbemama is offline  
#66 of 172 Old 11-10-2009, 02:12 PM
 
Drummer's Wife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Land of Enchantment
Posts: 11,793
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labbemama View Post
Can anyone pm me where I can find the last two episodes online? Cable shut off. It's tragic.

We watched this week's episode on youtube. I'll see if i can find you a link to the first part.

Here it is.
---------------------

so, WOW. I still love you, Dex. Huge mistake and all. You rushed this one.

Hey, it's the thought that counts, right? (That sounds bad talking about serial killing. )


and yes about the women being annoying and weak. wtf?!

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
Drummer's Wife is offline  
#67 of 172 Old 11-11-2009, 12:48 AM
 
crittersmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: half mad and behind the palms
Posts: 1,695
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think the guy was still guilty.He babbled about how he had made them immortal and stuff.His assistant just takes care of everything probably right down to disposal.
Rita needs to see what a husband who really is no help is like.Dexter is always there for her and the kids, did she forget why he fell asleep at the wheel??She ticks me off and her house is too clean.
Its pretty neat how Dexter is trying to learn how to blend his "dark passenger" and family life by asking Trinity questions.Trinity still scares the bejeebers out of me.I wonder if he has to start his cycle again.

joy.gifme, herding 5 critters a cat and a dog. DS 11/01, DS 10/04, DD 2/06, DS 5/07 and DD 9/10

crittersmom is offline  
#68 of 172 Old 11-11-2009, 11:47 PM
 
rambunctiouscurls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: pacific northwest
Posts: 1,682
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersmom View Post
I think the guy was still guilty.He babbled about how he had made them immortal and stuff.His assistant just takes care of everything probably right down to disposal.
Rita needs to see what a husband who really is no help is like.Dexter is always there for her and the kids, did she forget why he fell asleep at the wheel??She ticks me off and her house is too clean.
Its pretty neat how Dexter is trying to learn how to blend his "dark passenger" and family life by asking Trinity questions.Trinity still scares the bejeebers out of me.I wonder if he has to start his cycle again.
yeah he did admit guilt. he also said, he didn't kill any of those women. so, at best he's the master mind of the whole thing. however, dexter didn't do his research because he has Rita walking all over him. and he had to rush it.
NICE.

I blame him for not realizing what a pushover he has been with her.

Mama to a 3.5 yo dd
rambunctiouscurls is offline  
#69 of 172 Old 11-12-2009, 08:34 PM
 
mamalisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Germantown WI
Posts: 8,434
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wholewheatmama View Post
Dear Trinity,

Please kill Rita next.

Thank you.
Seriously!! He should have never lied about the drug thing, because she brings it up and has the upper hand. Really she's such a freakin' whiner, do this, no you did it wrong, be present, who talks like that to their spouse? Everything he does it wrong or not good enough, if he wasn't a psycho killer before that could be enough to turn him that way.
mamalisa is offline  
#70 of 172 Old 11-13-2009, 05:33 PM
 
~Charlie's~Angel~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,505
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalisa View Post
Seriously!! He should have never lied about the drug thing, because she brings it up and has the upper hand. Really she's such a freakin' whiner, do this, no you did it wrong, be present, who talks like that to their spouse? Everything he does it wrong or not good enough, if he wasn't a psycho killer before that could be enough to turn him that way.

I liked her character much more when she was damanged and insecure. I actually am not even sure who this new Rita is supposed to be? Its like she did a complete 180 the moment she got pregnant! (I am fuzzy on the whole drug addict part, I was going through pre labor around then I think?)

But seriously, the writers changed her character big time, and I don't think its working.

And BTW, she never used to look so put together. All of a sudden shes June freaking Cleaver?!?!? With perfect hair and sundresses?
~Charlie's~Angel~ is offline  
#71 of 172 Old 11-13-2009, 06:39 PM
 
Drummer's Wife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Land of Enchantment
Posts: 11,793
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie64g View Post

And BTW, she never used to look so put together. All of a sudden shes June freaking Cleaver?!?!? With perfect hair and sundresses?
That's what I have been thinking! She looks so pretty now; her whole demeanor has changed drastically, where she walks confidently and is very well dressed. I guess getting married and feeling secure with Dexter did all that? I dunno, but she played a good victim earlier on in the series. I still like her, if she can butt out a bit and let Dexter do his thing.




I'm glad people think the last kill was guilty even though his assistant was arrested. That makes me feel better about it. Hopefully we find out this next episode. I can't wait for all the Trinity scenes... (as much as he creeps me out!)

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
Drummer's Wife is offline  
#72 of 172 Old 11-16-2009, 01:10 PM
 
~Charlie's~Angel~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,505
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
WTH!?!?!?! That SOO wasnt the episode I thought it was going to be. They are getting really good at making their trailers appear to look like one thing, and then it ends up being not so dramamtic. DARN THEM!

Rita is going to cheat on Dex? Wow! That will be very interesting when he walks in on them, because you KNOW that is what will prolly happen. Might she finally see his dark side?
~Charlie's~Angel~ is offline  
#73 of 172 Old 11-17-2009, 01:56 PM
 
Drummer's Wife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Land of Enchantment
Posts: 11,793
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I didn't think it was very exciting, either. and yeah, Rita and the neighbor - perfect twist!

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
Drummer's Wife is offline  
#74 of 172 Old 11-17-2009, 07:12 PM
 
TheBluebird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 728
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalisa View Post
Seriously!! He should have never lied about the drug thing, because she brings it up and has the upper hand. Really she's such a freakin' whiner, do this, no you did it wrong, be present, who talks like that to their spouse? Everything he does it wrong or not good enough, if he wasn't a psycho killer before that could be enough to turn him that way.
Am I the only one who thought the whole "drug user" thing was hilarious. Mostly because they never said what kind of drugs did they? It was always, "I'm an addict! I'm on drugs!" and I'm just like... really? What drug, exactly?

Like when my DD is acting crazy and I ask her if she's on "the drugs". It doesn't make sense, that's why it's funny...

--"Mama Bear" : to DD 8/06
Tree-hugging :, queer-loving , liberal, feminist hippie mom! :
TheBluebird is offline  
#75 of 172 Old 11-17-2009, 07:46 PM
 
Drummer's Wife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Land of Enchantment
Posts: 11,793
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBluebird View Post
Am I the only one who thought the whole "drug user" thing was hilarious. Mostly because they never said what kind of drugs did they? It was always, "I'm an addict! I'm on drugs!" and I'm just like... really? What drug, exactly?

Like when my DD is acting crazy and I ask her if she's on "the drugs". It doesn't make sense, that's why it's funny...
For some reason I was thinking he was supposed to be a heroin user - but I could have totally made that up. If so, surely she would know how sick he would have been while quitting, instead of just going to meetings...

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
Drummer's Wife is offline  
#76 of 172 Old 11-17-2009, 08:52 PM
 
emelsea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer's Wife View Post
For some reason I was thinking he was supposed to be a heroin user - but I could have totally made that up. If so, surely she would know how sick he would have been while quitting, instead of just going to meetings...

I think it's just an example of Rita believing what she wants to believe, which is very necessary for her character. If she were the kind to google "heroin withdrawal", eventually she might put two and two together and realize Dexter has other issues.
emelsea is offline  
#77 of 172 Old 11-17-2009, 09:12 PM
 
MissMommyNiceNice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Where the grass is greener
Posts: 4,917
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My husband always says that Dexter has the most misleading trailers! Besides Madmen, that is.

I agree that the whole Rita thing is getting annoying. I think the writers have done it to make her unlikeable and the supposed affair upcoming may just give Dexter his out...we'll see. I can't beleive that Dexter caught Trinity, though! Jeez, he could have been dead already!

I also saw the whole thing (the cycle) ahead of time. Duh. Obviously he was the kid in all three original deaths. And can I just say, I really really don't want to see any more of John Lithgow's ass! : It looks like next episode we'll see some real insight into how he is with his family, though. Interesting.
MissMommyNiceNice is offline  
#78 of 172 Old 11-17-2009, 11:14 PM
 
emelsea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMommyNiceNice View Post
My husband always says that Dexter has the most misleading trailers! Besides Madmen, that is.

I agree that the whole Rita thing is getting annoying. I think the writers have done it to make her unlikeable and the supposed affair upcoming may just give Dexter his out...we'll see. I can't beleive that Dexter caught Trinity, though! Jeez, he could have been dead already!

I also saw the whole thing (the cycle) ahead of time. Duh. Obviously he was the kid in all three original deaths. And can I just say, I really really don't want to see any more of John Lithgow's ass! : It looks like next episode we'll see some real insight into how he is with his family, though. Interesting.

I found it much more interesting in the beginning when they were giving us the impression that Trinity was a loving family man, who had a normal life outside his compulsions. Him being all creepy and mean to his family is just too predictable.

I really hope that the direction they are taking Rita will end with them divorcing.
emelsea is offline  
#79 of 172 Old 11-18-2009, 03:20 PM
 
mamalisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Germantown WI
Posts: 8,434
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I agree that making Trinity a creepy bad dad ends the simularities between him and Dexter end. I think it will mess up Dexter's thinking now...can he be a good family man with his "dark passenger"? Or will he eventually end up like Trinity?
mamalisa is offline  
#80 of 172 Old 11-23-2009, 10:23 AM
 
DarkHorseMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Viva Nashvegas!
Posts: 4,199
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh, snap! I did NOT see that one coming last night!

And I always love Masuka, but he really got to step out of his typical character a bit this episode too. Dug his wholly uncomfortable vibe after he saw what he did, especially after Dexter came home. Great expression on his face.

An Official, Approved Signatureâ¢
DarkHorseMama is offline  
#81 of 172 Old 11-23-2009, 04:14 PM
 
AFWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This episode is really hard for me to watch...the abuse angle and all. Ugh, poor family


Just finished it and....

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH that's his daughter???

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
AFWife is offline  
#82 of 172 Old 11-24-2009, 02:47 PM
 
Drummer's Wife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Land of Enchantment
Posts: 11,793
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
crazy!! so she shot Deb and Lundy and is Trinity's daugher?

and Masuka with Rita's DD - "are you the one my mom told me not to talk to?"

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
Drummer's Wife is offline  
#83 of 172 Old 11-24-2009, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter
 
Toolip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,715
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer's Wife View Post
crazy!! so she shot Deb and Lundy and is Trinity's daugher?
I know!!!! Wow!
Toolip is offline  
#84 of 172 Old 11-25-2009, 09:01 PM
 
MissMommyNiceNice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Where the grass is greener
Posts: 4,917
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh, man! A fourth victim! I cannot wait to see next week! it's counting down, I wonder if they will resolve it before the season ends or leave a big cliff-hanger until next season? Well, at least when it's over, I can save $15 a month on Showtime!
MissMommyNiceNice is offline  
#85 of 172 Old 11-25-2009, 09:18 PM
 
inkedmamajama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,323
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMommyNiceNice View Post
Oh, man! A fourth victim! I cannot wait to see next week! it's counting down, I wonder if they will resolve it before the season ends or leave a big cliff-hanger until next season? Well, at least when it's over, I can save $15 a month on Showtime!
is lundy the fourth victim in the cycle? and somehow the daughter is a part of that?

Heavily tattooed and Dready Mama to my girls. YES we are STILL NURSING! love to and
inkedmamajama is offline  
#86 of 172 Old 11-27-2009, 04:37 PM
 
MissMommyNiceNice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Where the grass is greener
Posts: 4,917
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedmamajama View Post
is lundy the fourth victim in the cycle? and somehow the daughter is a part of that?
I don't think so...the previews showed some sort of hidden door in the woods to some underground thing...all very creepy looking!
MissMommyNiceNice is offline  
#87 of 172 Old 11-29-2009, 05:32 AM
 
Petronella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Metro Vancouver
Posts: 283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was very upset when Masuka threw his delicious chocolate lava cakes in the garbage. I choose to believe that he went and got them out again later and they were still okay for the family to have for dessert...and if there was a little bit of garbage or baby poop on them, it only got on the cakes served to Rita and boring Elliot!
Petronella is offline  
#88 of 172 Old 11-29-2009, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter
 
Toolip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,715
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronella View Post
I was very upset when Masuka threw his delicious chocolate lava cakes in the garbage. I choose to believe that he went and got them out again later and they were still okay for the family to have for dessert...and if there was a little bit of garbage or baby poop on them, it only got on the cakes served to Rita and boring Elliot!
Yeah, that part made me feel bad too!!
Toolip is offline  
#89 of 172 Old 11-30-2009, 10:48 AM
 
~Charlie's~Angel~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,505
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK, that entire episode was VERY hard for me to watch. And the thought of ALL THOSE BOYS who were burried alive in cement over the years seriously makes me want to HURL. I know, I know, its fake. BUT LORD! Twisted writers!

The opening scene also made me want to vomit. please see siggy for details. It actually kinda pissed me off, but thats just me.

If I wasnt such an avid Dexter fan, I prolly would have turned the TV after the first 5 minutes of this episode. It effected me that negativly. Im glad its over. lol No more crimes against small children please?!?!?!!?

ETA, I think they will finalize Trinity, but leave the whole Rita thing as a cliffhanger for next season. They are usually pretty good at buttoning things up on dexter from season to season.
~Charlie's~Angel~ is offline  
#90 of 172 Old 11-30-2009, 11:55 AM
 
inkedmamajama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,323
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie64g View Post
OK, that entire episode was VERY hard for me to watch. And the thought of ALL THOSE BOYS who were burried alive in cement over the years seriously makes me want to HURL. I know, I know, its fake. BUT LORD! Twisted writers!

The opening scene also made me want to vomit. please see siggy for details. It actually kinda pissed me off, but thats just me.

If I wasnt such an avid Dexter fan, I prolly would have turned the TV after the first 5 minutes of this episode. It effected me that negativly. Im glad its over. lol No more crimes against small children please?!?!?!!?

ETA, I think they will finalize Trinity, but leave the whole Rita thing as a cliffhanger for next season. They are usually pretty good at buttoning things up on dexter from season to season.


I felt the exact same way. I completely choked back the gagging reflex in those scenes with the boy...the cement made me audibly moan, my husband kept holding my hand...if I wasn't a huge longtime dexter fan, i would not watch that show again. ugh.

Heavily tattooed and Dready Mama to my girls. YES we are STILL NURSING! love to and
inkedmamajama is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off