Dexter-season 4 - Page 6 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#151 of 172 Old 12-15-2009, 01:38 PM
 
Drummer's Wife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Land of Enchantment
Posts: 11,823
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
so, I kept seeing the final scene in my head last night every time I would wake up -- and first thing this morning. That should teach me not to watch things like this late at night. The night before we watched Food Inc. at midnight, and it is also giving me nightmares.

anyway, I still think Dexter is one of my all time favorite series. I had no idea I would like it this much -- when DH first started watching season 1 on netflix, I figured I would not get into anything that has to do with serial killing -- I don't even like crime type of shows that aren't near this twisted, but I really do love Dexter. shock and all.

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
Drummer's Wife is offline  
#152 of 172 Old 12-15-2009, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter
 
Toolip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,715
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelsea View Post
What was the point, early in the season, of revealing that Rita was married to someone before Paul? Was that just a storyline they abandoned, or does it still have legs? I've been waiting on that all season, and it seems like they just let it go.


Does anyone else think that Rita's character will continue on in a role like Harry's? Only she'll be trying to turn Dexter away from his darker side?
A agree with the PP who said (about Rita's previous marriage) it was part of the demonstration that her character had flaws and secretes too.

I really don't think that Rita could be like Harry. Harry had figured out who Dex was and was a real mentor to him. Rita never figured it out. Who know though, these people sure keep me guessing!!! I heard that they aren't going to start brainstorming for season 5 until February, ugh, the wait! Anything could happen!
Toolip is offline  
#153 of 172 Old 12-15-2009, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter
 
Toolip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,715
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer's Wife View Post
anyway, I still think Dexter is one of my all time favorite series. I had no idea I would like it this much -- when DH first started watching season 1 on netflix, I figured I would not get into anything that has to do with serial killing -- I don't even like crime type of shows that aren't near this twisted, but I really do love Dexter. shock and all.
I was dragged into watching the first episode of Dexter. DP wanted to watch it and I thought it sounded awful. It didn't realize it was a TV show, I thought it was a movie. I completely hooked after 10 minutes! I thought we were still watching a movie then suddenly the episode ended, without resolution!!! I screamed and I've been completely hooked since then. Hands down my favorite tv show ever.
Toolip is offline  
#154 of 172 Old 12-15-2009, 04:32 PM
 
DanelleB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Jefferson County, MO
Posts: 724
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the link!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolip View Post
I was dragged into watching the first episode of Dexter. DP wanted to watch it and I thought it sounded awful. It didn't realize it was a TV show, I thought it was a movie. I completely hooked after 10 minutes! I thought we were still watching a movie then suddenly the episode ended, without resolution!!! I screamed and I've been completely hooked since then. Hands down my favorite tv show ever.
Hubby also made me watch it. He said that since he watched True Blood with me, then I could watch Dexter with him. What's funny is that he quit watching halfway through this season and I kept on watching it.

~Danelle~ Mama to four wonderful, intact kiddos ~~ Cami (10), Jimmy (5), Ella & Alex (2/09), and Newbie due 8/11 
DanelleB is offline  
#155 of 172 Old 12-15-2009, 05:45 PM
 
Drummer's Wife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Land of Enchantment
Posts: 11,823
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do we really have to wait until next Sept for season 5 to start? I can't handle that. We'll have to watch the series from the beginning again to tide ourselves over.

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
Drummer's Wife is offline  
#156 of 172 Old 12-15-2009, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter
 
Toolip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,715
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer's Wife View Post
Do we really have to wait until next Sept for season 5 to start? I can't handle that. We'll have to watch the series from the beginning again to tide ourselves over.
That's what I'm going to do! I'm trying to decide if I should space it out and just watch one episode a week, that would get me to august, but I might just indulge and watch them all at once!
Toolip is offline  
#157 of 172 Old 12-15-2009, 06:14 PM
 
emelsea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer's Wife View Post
Do we really have to wait until next Sept for season 5 to start? I can't handle that. We'll have to watch the series from the beginning again to tide ourselves over.
Won't Lost be starting again, soon? And Big Love? And The Tudors? (Mmmm...Jonathan Rhys Meyers!)

What about Nurse Jackie and United States of Tara. I wonder when they start again.
emelsea is offline  
#158 of 172 Old 12-15-2009, 06:27 PM
 
MissMommyNiceNice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Where the grass is greener
Posts: 4,922
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Gah! Big Love! I was hoping to save the $15 a month...maybe I can figure out how to talk direct tv into giving me HBO for free for 3 months....hmm...
MissMommyNiceNice is offline  
#159 of 172 Old 12-15-2009, 07:05 PM
 
inkedmamajama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,323
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i feel like they made ritas character more 'saintly and ideal' this season to accommodate for all the ridiculous risks that Dexter took this season, he really pushed the envelope, and i think to really make us grieve after the season finale.

Heavily tattooed and Dready Mama to my girls. YES we are STILL NURSING! love to and
inkedmamajama is offline  
#160 of 172 Old 12-15-2009, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter
 
Toolip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,715
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Did we ever find out who the other people were in the quadruple homicide in the shipping crate, where Dexter's mom was killed?
Toolip is offline  
#161 of 172 Old 12-15-2009, 09:22 PM
 
MissMommyNiceNice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Where the grass is greener
Posts: 4,922
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought it was her BF/Dex's Dad & 2 drug dealers. I remember it being during the time when the older clerk lady was dying from cancer...early this season or late last?
MissMommyNiceNice is offline  
#162 of 172 Old 12-16-2009, 11:15 AM
 
~Charlie's~Angel~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelsea View Post
Won't Lost be starting again, soon? And Big Love? And The Tudors? (Mmmm...Jonathan Rhys Meyers!)

What about Nurse Jackie and United States of Tara. I wonder when they start again.
He he, you just named off all of my fav shows. I have it all written down.

Big Love-1/10/10
Lost-2/2/10
Nurse jackie and US of Tara-3/22/10 (for those who go back and forth between Sho and HBO, like me, Big love and Nurse jackie/Tara will overlap by about 1 week. So you can finish up Big Love, then catch up on Nurse jackie/Tara using On Demand. I do that alot!)
Tudors-4/11/2010

After that you will have True Blood wont be to far away. So I think atleast I am covered for the year.
~Charlie's~Angel~ is offline  
#163 of 172 Old 12-16-2009, 04:51 PM
 
emelsea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie64g View Post
He he, you just named off all of my fav shows. I have it all written down.

Big Love-1/10/10
Lost-2/2/10
Nurse jackie and US of Tara-3/22/10 (for those who go back and forth between Sho and HBO, like me, Big love and Nurse jackie/Tara will overlap by about 1 week. So you can finish up Big Love, then catch up on Nurse jackie/Tara using On Demand. I do that alot!)
Tudors-4/11/2010

After that you will have True Blood wont be to far away. So I think atleast I am covered for the year.
Does anyone know where I can rewatch the first 2 seasons of Big Love online?
emelsea is offline  
#164 of 172 Old 12-16-2009, 05:07 PM
 
AFWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelsea View Post
Does anyone know where I can rewatch the first 2 seasons of Big Love online?
Have you tried surfthechannel.com?

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
AFWife is offline  
#165 of 172 Old 12-21-2009, 06:21 AM
 
domesticzookeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: southern Maine
Posts: 968
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMommyNiceNice View Post
I thought it was her BF/Dex's Dad & 2 drug dealers. I remember it being during the time when the older clerk lady was dying from cancer...early this season or late last?
Can't have been Dex's dad - he died as an older man during the first season.
domesticzookeeper is offline  
#166 of 172 Old 12-21-2009, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter
 
Toolip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,715
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So, I just started re-watching season 1 on Netflix. Wow, all the characters have changed SO much! Laguerda was so sleazy back then! And Rita was so homely, they sure sexed her up! The kids were so tiny too.

Dexter was so much creepier! It's fun to watch but I feel like a real nerd, I've never re-watched a TV show before
Toolip is offline  
#167 of 172 Old 12-22-2009, 03:41 AM
 
domesticzookeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: southern Maine
Posts: 968
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just started re-watching the first season, too. It's really interesting to see how far the characters have come in just four seasons - especially Dexter.
domesticzookeeper is offline  
#168 of 172 Old 01-13-2010, 11:21 PM
 
DarkHorseMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Viva Nashvegas!
Posts: 4,204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Michael C. Hall being treated for Hodgkin's lymphoma.

http://www.people.com/people/article...336663,00.html

Wonder if that partially explained his appearance on the post-season interview where he looked rather different than usual? Healing vibes to him.

An Official, Approved Signatureâ¢
DarkHorseMama is offline  
#169 of 172 Old 01-14-2010, 06:14 PM
 
AFWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorseMama View Post
Michael C. Hall being treated for Hodgkin's lymphoma.

http://www.people.com/people/article...336663,00.html

Wonder if that partially explained his appearance on the post-season interview where he looked rather different than usual? Healing vibes to him.
Oh wow. Poor guy. It seems that he's recovering well though.

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
AFWife is offline  
#170 of 172 Old 01-14-2010, 07:58 PM
 
chezlyryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ontario
Posts: 336
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorseMama View Post
Michael C. Hall being treated for Hodgkin's lymphoma.

http://www.people.com/people/article...336663,00.html

Wonder if that partially explained his appearance on the post-season interview where he looked rather different than usual? Healing vibes to him.
Oh no. Hope every thing goes well with his treatment.
chezlyryan is offline  
#171 of 172 Old 01-27-2010, 03:45 PM
 
ACsMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Coastal NC
Posts: 1,121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hodgkin's is way curable now - he should be fine especially since he's young.

My brother thinks Rita is not really dead. I'm pretty sure he's wrong. Can't believe we have to wait till September for season 5. I guess I'll join you guys in going back and starting at season 1. I've forgotten a lot of it, anyway!

Jen, mom of  two amazing girls, b. 2/16/06  and 1/29/10 hbac.gif

ACsMom is offline  
#172 of 172 Old 01-27-2010, 04:19 PM
 
~Charlie's~Angel~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,520
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACsMom View Post
Hodgkin's is way curable now - he should be fine especially since he's young.

My brother thinks Rita is not really dead. I'm pretty sure he's wrong. Can't believe we have to wait till September for season 5. I guess I'll join you guys in going back and starting at season 1. I've forgotten a lot of it, anyway!

Im hoping it was a dream sequence.
~Charlie's~Angel~ is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off