Dexter-season 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 172 Old 09-28-2009, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Did anyone watch? I need to know that someone else is going to be with me all week, waiting for the next episode! Why do I do this to myself? I just love this show.
#2 of 172 Old 09-28-2009, 04:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
we LOVE dexter-i think its one of the best shows on TV and im really peeved that michael c hall did not win for best actor emmy this year!

i loved the new episode, but i have to say i saw the end coming a mile away...that was a bit of a bummer-i dont usually find this show predictable

Heavily tattooed and Dready Mama to my girls. YES we are STILL NURSING! love to and
#3 of 172 Old 09-28-2009, 05:15 PM

I LOVE this show.

Debra always has the best lines, "why don't we step outside and let the geeks get their geek on" lol!

"F*** off and die. and die again"

Really creeped out about the trinity killer. omg. what a monster. dexter, like he said, is a different kind of monster. but still one, I guess.

Sleep deprivation is the devil. next week, we'll definitely see Harry teaching Dexter how to "uncomplicate his life"

Loving the fact that Lundy is back on leaving Debra speechless for once. lol.

But also shocked about Maria and Bautista. did anyone see that coming? I want to see more of Debra and Maria, though....

Mama to a 3.5 yo dd
#4 of 172 Old 09-29-2009, 05:41 AM

I'm here waiting with you. I've watched the first three seasons on demand over and over. I'm so excited that there's a new season starting.
#5 of 172 Old 09-29-2009, 12:44 PM

We LOVE Dexter!!! SO glad it's back on. Also glad Lundy is back. This season is looking to be a good one.

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#6 of 172 Old 09-29-2009, 01:22 PM

i cant stand debra...to the point that i was rooting for her character to get killed off the various times she has come close...am i the only one?

shes so needy and ASSUMING! i think thats why i cant stand her.

( though im pretty sure she wont get killed off, especially since the actress married michael c hall last year)

Heavily tattooed and Dready Mama to my girls. YES we are STILL NURSING! love to and
#7 of 172 Old 09-29-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedmamajama View Post

( though im pretty sure she wont get killed off, especially since the actress married michael c hall last year)

really? Why didn't I know this! marrying her brother

#8 of 172 Old 09-29-2009, 02:06 PM

She gets on my nerves too! OMG that episode was well worth the wait. This season looks like it is going to be so much better than last.

And no, I did not see Bautista and Maria hooking up!
#9 of 172 Old 09-29-2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by les7699 View Post
She gets on my nerves too! OMG that episode was well worth the wait. This season looks like it is going to be so much better than last.

And no, I did not see Bautista and Maria hooking up!
but it was inevitable right? she used to hit on dexter ALL THE TIME, she got with jimmy smits character, and stokes, she is being painted as the lady who does all the work partners.

#10 of 172 Old 09-29-2009, 05:47 PM

Ak! I can't stand it. We don't have showtime. Usually we wait until the season ends or almost ends, then subscribe to showtime for a month and watch all the episodes on in-demand. Anything to save a buck. Delayed gratification sux!

Jen, mom of  two amazing girls, b. 2/16/06  and 1/29/10 hbac.gif

#11 of 172 Old 09-29-2009, 07:28 PM

I'm going to have to follow along here just for spoilers! DH got rid of our cable today! Now don't get me wrong, I've been suggesting it for months because of how high the bill is, but you take it away from me now, after I've gotten to watch the first episode of Dexter this season! That's just not cool.

I love Lundy -- I'm so glad he's back! I think John Lithgow is going to be perfect for this season, too.

.:*~*:.Sarah.:*~*:.
Married to my best friend SAHM to ds1(1/04) and ds2 (5/10)
#12 of 172 Old 09-29-2009, 08:10 PM

Hey, we are cable-less, too. We watched it last night via YouTube (using the wii browser so it could be on the big screen TV). The first episode is available in multiple places for free online. If you dig enough, I'm sure you will be able to find the rest of the season once each show has aired. We watched Weeds every time it was on - just that it usually had to be the following day. Someone, somewhere uploads that stuff to the web.

#13 of 172 Old 09-29-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer's Wife View Post
Hey, we are cable-less, too. We watched it last night via YouTube (using the wii browser so it could be on the big screen TV). The first episode is available in multiple places for free online. If you dig enough, I'm sure you will be able to find the rest of the season once each show has aired. We watched Weeds every time it was on - just that it usually had to be the following day. Someone, somewhere uploads that stuff to the web.
how do you use the wii browser to do this? family members bought us a wii for our 'family bday present' (3 out of the 5 of us have bdays in two days in june) and i would love to use it for that!

#14 of 172 Old 09-29-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
how do you use the wii browser to do this? family members bought us a wii for our 'family bday present' (3 out of the 5 of us have bdays in two days in june) and i would love to use it for that!
Do you have a wireless router already? Or, if your wii is in the same room as your PC you could connect them.

The problem is that the browser is not so great (won't let you update to newer versions of flash, for example) and it's such that it only works with certain websites (like Youtube) so you can't surf the web as you do from a regular computer. I can go to Amazon, though Hopefully Nintendo develops better software soon.

We have also used a netbook/laptop connected to the TV to watch shows/movies that are available online - it just requires a cord and a new(ish) TV.

#15 of 172 Old 09-29-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:

You're kidding -- I must have been looking in the wrong places all last season. I could not for the life of me find old episodes. Hopefully I'll have better luck this time! Thanks!

#16 of 172 Old 09-29-2009, 08:31 PM

yeah for Dexter!

Glad there is a creepy new villian. But, jeez, am I going to have to see John Lithgow's ass all season long? I mean, three times in one episode is a bit much!

Sad to see there was no breastfeeding going on, but that's always bothering me.

Oh, does he find the body bags? Does he!?
#17 of 172 Old 09-29-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical View Post
You're kidding -- I must have been looking in the wrong places all last season. I could not for the life of me find old episodes. Hopefully I'll have better luck this time! Thanks!
You can probably even watch it right on showtime. That's how DH was watching weeds before we got showtime back. Thank you free promotional offer on Direct TV!
#18 of 172 Old 09-29-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMommyNiceNice View Post
much!

Sad to see there was no breastfeeding going on, but that's always bothering me.
This was bugging me, too. I was thinking, maybe he wouldn't be so sleep deprived if the baby was in bed with them quietly nursing all night.

#19 of 172 Old 09-29-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Do you have a wireless router already? Or, if your wii is in the same room as your PC you could connect them.

The problem is that the browser is not so great (won't let you update to newer versions of flash, for example) and it's such that it only works with certain websites (like Youtube) so you can't surf the web as you do from a regular computer. I can go to Amazon, though Hopefully Nintendo develops better software soon.

We have also used a netbook/laptop connected to the TV to watch shows/movies that are available online - it just requires a cord and a new(ish) TV.
yeah we have a wireless router and the wii is already hooked up there-how do i use the browser? or is that one of those pay features? like you need to purchase that ability from the wii store?

#20 of 172 Old 09-29-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
yeah we have a wireless router and the wii is already hooked up there-how do i use the browser? or is that one of those pay features? like you need to purchase that ability from the wii store?
oh, I wasn't sure if you had the wii yet.

I'm pretty sure it's free now (it did cost so many wii points before) if you go to the wii channel there should be directions to download it.

sorry if this isn't very helpful. My DH does all the tech stuff for me - and he's not home yet.

To connect your router you have to enter the network key as you do for other wireless stuff (unless yours isn't protected, I think).

#21 of 172 Old 09-29-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:
This was bugging me, too. I was thinking, maybe he wouldn't be so sleep deprived if the baby was in bed with them quietly nursing all night.
i agree!
rita has always made me crazy, but she is just really self-absorbed on this one.
DH and i like to pretend that every time we see a bottle it's pumped milk.
#22 of 172 Old 09-30-2009, 09:47 AM

Quote:
i cant stand debra...to the point that i was rooting for her character to get killed off the various times she has come close...am i the only one?

shes so needy and ASSUMING! i think thats why i cant stand her.

Deb really bugs me as well. She's such a damn whiner. Sooo insecure and needy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogamonkeyjo View Post
i agree!
rita has always made me crazy, but she is just really self-absorbed on this one.
DH and i like to pretend that every time we see a bottle it's pumped milk.
Seriously!! She has no job, her big kids are in school all day, there's NO reason Dexter should be handling night duty. Get over yourself and let your husband get some sleep! Get over yourself.
#23 of 172 Old 09-30-2009, 04:51 PM

I guess I'm in the minority but Deb is one of my favorite characters on the show. I laugh every time she talks. such a potty mouth! love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalisa View Post

Seriously!! She has no job, her big kids are in school all day, there's NO reason Dexter should be handling night duty. Get over yourself and let your husband get some sleep! Get over yourself.
a big fat

and... she could have easily gone to the pharmacy herself. my baby loved car rides at that age and it looks like little Harry does as well (as Dexter was driving him around to get him to sleep)..

Mama to a 3.5 yo dd
#24 of 172 Old 10-03-2009, 10:08 PM

#25 of 172 Old 10-05-2009, 01:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Soooo.... is there anywhere to find episode 2 online?
#26 of 172 Old 10-05-2009, 12:13 PM

PMing you...not sure if it's OK to put the link up on here or not.

#27 of 172 Old 10-05-2009, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmalizz View Post
I really didn't get why DEXTER was the one up all night feeding the baby. I mean, I guess it was important for the plot, but seriously? What working dad does that? ESPECIALLY when Rita's a SAHM now...this just irked me to no end.
last night's epi was amazing. but I can't help feeling really for dexter but also, I want to slap him for letting Rita get away with the above AGAIN>

my friend said there's no way he would have to get up after an accident and a day of work? but it sure didn't look like Rita was gonna get up.

Mama to a 3.5 yo dd
#28 of 172 Old 10-06-2009, 12:19 PM

#29 of 172 Old 10-06-2009, 04:19 PM

Sent!

#30 of 172 Old 10-07-2009, 12:55 AM

I loved this weeks episode! Can't wait until the next one.

John Lithgow is really creeping me the heck out. I just read he is going to be in all 12 episodes this season, though, so I guess I'll have to get used to him.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page