Walking in a Winter Dugger-land... PLEASE REVIEW FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 156 Old 01-25-2010, 02:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
According to the commercial the baby was born at 25 weeks.

It dosnt come on unitl the 31st no new shows until after that according to my dvr search.

For those of you with dvr to search the show is now called 19 KIDS AND COUNTING.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#62 of 156 Old 01-25-2010, 10:59 AM

I saw a commercial that it airs sunday at 8 (31st).

Mom to Ds1 (8 1/2) Ds2 (6) Dd (2 1/2)!!!!
#63 of 156 Old 01-26-2010, 04:03 PM

I'm looking forward to next weeks show. I can't believe they had the cameras there but I guess they didn't realize it would turn out the way it did or maybe they did, who knows. I'm sure it will be very emotional.

Proud *single* mom to 3 amazing kiddos
#64 of 156 Old 01-26-2010, 04:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Me too, darcytrue. I just can't imagine how it would feel to have cameras catch all the emotions involved. I guess you get used to the cameras being there and just be yourself?

I really hope Josie is doing ok, and the rest of the family too.

I just got DVR so I am going to look for 19 Kids and Counting. Not sure if the guide goes out farther than a week at a time, but I will check.

Can't wait to see the show.

treehugger.gifearth.gifribbonwhite.gif Anne (31), single WOHM to Karen (5)ribbonyellow.gifshamrocksmile.giffambedsingle1.gifjoy.gif
#65 of 156 Old 01-26-2010, 04:10 PM

I'll have to set it to record. In a way I'm not that surprised they filmed it after having seen the episode where grandpa Duggar died. I know personally I couldn't believe they aired something so intimate in that one.

Madalyn military wife to Chris & proud momma to Jonas 5/17/09
#66 of 156 Old 01-26-2010, 04:21 PM

I think it is different because the crew is so close with the family, and it is always the same people on the crew. I am sure it was also very emotional and tough for the family. But as she was born what 7 weeks ago? Maybe they've been holding this until they knew more about how she would do long term. I am sure this has been so hard for their family.
#67 of 156 Old 01-30-2010, 10:31 PM

I just saw the commercial :cry:

check your dvr- it is called 19 kids and counting on my dvr. I'm sure I'll need tons of tissues tomorrow.
#68 of 156 Old 01-31-2010, 10:11 PM

It hasnt even been on 1 min and I am already near tears She is just barly 25 weeks.

Her situration was truely life threatening from the description so far.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#69 of 156 Old 01-31-2010, 10:41 PM

I'm watching right now too and I'm totally expecting to cry before it's over.

I just saw the preview for the next one coming on Tue. too.

I didn't realize until I first saw the preview for tonight's show that Josie had been born after the gallstone news.

Kristy, wife to Josh proud mama to Katie: since 3/08 and Emma since 8/12.

#70 of 156 Old 01-31-2010, 10:43 PM

Episode #2 comes on Tuesday night. Titled 19 kids and counting.

#71 of 156 Old 01-31-2010, 11:39 PM

Location: back in the GREAT state of Minnesota! oh how i have missed you!
i just got done watching the Dugger Special Delivery and i was just amazed at how small little Josie was! she looked perfect in every way. so cute and WELCOME little Josie!

Michelle was so calm throughout the whole thing. she just amazes me!

i thought it was cool that they kept it 'life as normal' for the other dugger kids.

for me Josh has really growen up! he use to kinda creep me out, but he really seems to be more laid back now and i like that!

i cant wait to watch Tuesday! it will be little Josie's first christmas!

Your life doesnât change by the man whos elected. If your loved by someone you can't be rejected... decide what to be and go be it! If your a caged bird brake in and demand that somebody free it.
#72 of 156 Old 02-01-2010, 12:23 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I cried for most of the episode - you could feel Michelle and Jim Bob's fear through the tv. I hope Josie is doing well today and will be home in the upcoming weeks.
#73 of 156 Old 02-01-2010, 05:13 AM

Weird question, but why did Jill have to take charge? Was Jana already in El Salvador? Did I miss something they said?

I loved this episode! It was nice to see Jim-Bob caring so much about his wife (although I would smack my husband if he hovered so much lol), and it was also so sweet when Michelle finally got to see all her kids for the first time in so long. I really hope Josie continues to do okay.
#74 of 156 Old 02-01-2010, 10:34 AM

I just re-programmed the DVR. 19 Kids & Counting. I didn't even think of that. Thanks for the heads up!
#75 of 156 Old 02-01-2010, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
There is a picture on the TLC website of Michelle and Josie doing kangaroo care - absolutely adorable!
#76 of 156 Old 02-01-2010, 12:39 PM

I watched it. I was hoping they'd just be able to quit the show completely. But since they haven't....I thought the special was respectfully done and explained a lot of things that people have been wondering about. I do think that the film crew may have become like part of the family to them, so having them come along for what they thought was a minor, fixable problem isn't so odd.

I think it's awesome that JB was able to stay with Michelle, but while they were still thinking it was just gallbladder stuff, he felt comfortable letting his older kids go on their long awaited trip. They probably all felt bad when things took a turn for the worse right after they left. It was so beautiful to see how deeply everybody cared for Michelle and the baby. Even Josh was *sooo* toned down when he got the call from his dad that Josie had been born.
#77 of 156 Old 02-01-2010, 03:39 PM

Oh man. I warned my bf a WEEK in advance that i was claiming the tv at 8 Pm last night, and I pretty much cried off and on through the whole thing. her baby was due just a couple weeks I think before our dd is due, and even he was shocked at how tiny she was. But she was beautiful! You could just feel how worried they were. I totally cried when I saw the kids' reactions when they finally got to see her.

I'm still in awe at how their family and even the kids pulled together during a crisis. They have done such a good job raising them.

Very blessed mama to one bouncin' boy bouncy.gif (12/07) one angel3.gif who didn't get to stay (6/09), one potty learning, mess making divaenergy.gif(4/10), and one cheerful milk monster. aabfwoman.gif (12/11) Happy partner to the love of my lifedp_malesling.GIF.  

#78 of 156 Old 02-01-2010, 04:24 PM

I can't remember which of the older girls it was, bit she was talking about how they are usually so aware of and involved in Michell's labors that it was weird to just get a phone call when and hear that Josie had been born. It occurred to me that those girls have probably seen more natural births than many OBs.

I could not believe how absolutely tiny Josie was. It was terrifying watching such a tiny, perfect baby gasping so hard and knowing that she should still be safe and comfy inside her mom. I was glad that I already knew she had survived.

Kristy, wife to Josh proud mama to Katie: since 3/08 and Emma since 8/12.

#79 of 156 Old 02-01-2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinosmom View Post
Even Josh was *sooo* toned down when he got the call from his dad that Josie had been born.
I loved how he said "how about you mommy, are you ok?"
#80 of 156 Old 02-01-2010, 04:49 PM

I saw the episode this morning of the birth of Josie. What a tearful show. I felt so sorry for the other children that they had to live through it as well. I really hope this opens their eyes that maybe it's not a good idea to keep having children at this point. Imagine if they would have lost Michelle? Jim Bob would have all those children to raise. Thank goodness they were both okay!!

Single (divorced), self-employed working, college student MOM to:

17 yr old

11 yr old 

4 yr old

#81 of 156 Old 02-01-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting2bemommy View Post
I'm still in awe at how their family and even the kids pulled together during a crisis. They have done such a good job raising them.
I agree. And how about the older kids going to El Salvador and doing what they were doing so selflessly. They're amazing! I'm not so sure I could have done something like that as a teen. I was more self-absorbed than that. I did stuff for church occasionally but nothing like what they do and they always have smiles on their faces and truly seem to enjoy what they are doing.

Single (divorced), self-employed working, college student MOM to:

17 yr old

11 yr old 

4 yr old

#82 of 156 Old 02-01-2010, 05:43 PM

1p 6oz is impossible for me to comprehend how tiny that is. I am thankful that medical science has come so far that they can save babies that tiny. I am praying that she makes it thourgh without any complications and is home before her due date.

#83 of 156 Old 02-02-2010, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiandmoi View Post

I know! I think it was the first time I actually liked him. Now I am going to try and be more open-minded when I watch his part of the show... maybe he is so (can't think of the right word so we will just have to use this one) pushy and salesman-like because he has had to adapt to that role to be the big brother and then to provide for his new family.
#84 of 156 Old 02-02-2010, 01:09 AM

I'm only halfway through the episode on my DVR, but I have to say..... those short snippets they show going into- and out-of the commercial breaks, where the family is posed to look like a picture and they all rotate their heads from one side to the other in unison..... CREEPY!!! Every time it came on I did a double take because it just looked so strange to me!!!

I have to admit, I like the credits for the older season better.

Sleepy mama to Colin Theodore 8-12-08 and Trevor Arthur 7-17-12.

#85 of 156 Old 02-02-2010, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxi View Post
Weird question, but why did Jill have to take charge? Was Jana already in El Salvador? Did I miss something they said?

I loved this episode! It was nice to see Jim-Bob caring so much about his wife (although I would smack my husband if he hovered so much lol), and it was also so sweet when Michelle finally got to see all her kids for the first time in so long. I really hope Josie continues to do okay.
I noticed that too, about Jill taking charge. I wondered if maybe Jana wasn't feeling well or just had some other obligation? I think they all went on the same flight to El Salvador, didn't they?

Also, I loved how sweet Jim Bob was too and Michelle seeing the kids. I said to DH, I bet she wondered if she might never see them again.

It does also make me wonder if this will be their last baby..but who knows?
#86 of 156 Old 02-02-2010, 01:33 AM

Quote:
where the family is posed to look like a picture and they all rotate their heads from one side to the other in unison..... CREEPY!!!
My sister said the same thing when she saw it.
#87 of 156 Old 02-02-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiandmoi View Post
I cried at that. Actually I cried through most of it, especially after the baby was born, I had a preemie (though not that little) and it was like little flashbacks. And when Jim Bob got choked up right before going into the OR with Michell... Okay, I'm tearing up again...

Bubba (9) bikenew.gifLukey (5) jog.gif  Fat Baby (2) babyf.gif  Me faint.gif

#88 of 156 Old 02-02-2010, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeMommy View Post
I cried at that. Actually I cried through most of it, especially after the baby was born, I had a preemie (though not that little) and it was like little flashbacks. And when Jim Bob got choked up right before going into the OR with Michell... Okay, I'm tearing up again...
My dd1 loves the show. When we heard in Dec that Michelle had her beautiful baby early, we felt it hit home.

dd2 was 16 weeks early well, right on 24/25 weeks so this ENTIRE show was like reliving what we went thru.

We saw the special delivery special and I dvr'd it. DH said on Sunday, it might be a good idea to preview the episode first before we let dd see it. Wow, glad we did. We cried the entire show. Literally all the questions they asked, etc and Jim Bob saying what he did. It was like seeing DH that same day when My dd2 came early. So the grammys upstaged this episode thankfully and dd will watch the new episode tonight.

When all the kids got to crowd around the baby, seeing the older ones knowing what was happening was heart wrenching. Esp since the parents had to put on a happy face for them. I am totally in touch with that feeling.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#89 of 156 Old 02-02-2010, 05:49 PM

so so tiny

Mom to Ds1 (8 1/2) Ds2 (6) Dd (2 1/2)!!!!
#90 of 156 Old 02-03-2010, 01:13 AM

Anyone catch tonight episode #2 Josie's first Christmas?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page