Walking in a Winter Dugger-land... PLEASE REVIEW FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 156 Old 03-17-2010, 11:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know the older kids use SOS for school, but anyone know what the little ones were watching/doing on last week's episode? It looks like it'd be just up my preschooler's alley. We really limit TV time, but she learns so much so easily that way. I mean, one episode of Ni-Hao Kai Lan and she can count to 3 in Chinese!
Anyone know?

Raising our babies: 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, and 2012
#152 of 156 Old 03-19-2010, 01:12 AM

I freaking love this show! :0) I'll admit, I used to be a Duggar critic but this show has really changed my opinion. I am so glad that baby Josie is getting bigger and stronger--I hope she continues improving. I cry every time they show her!

And I'm excited to see the Chicken Etti recipe here. I'm going to have to try it!

SAHM to my sweet girl born in fall 2009

#153 of 156 Old 03-24-2010, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymama1+1 View Post
Just in case anyone has seen the latest episode and was wondering how to make Chicken Etti, this is what I've figured out from the watching the show in slow-mo and some internet research (their actual recipe isn't out there that I can tell)...

Chicken Etti:

1 pkg spaghetti noodles (16 oz?)
3 c. cooked chicken
1/4 c. green pepper
1 c. chicken broth
1 lb cheese
1 can diced tomatoes (Ro-Tel?)
1 can cream chicken soup

Boil spaghetti noodles
Melt together tomatoes, soup and cheese
Pour over noodles

From what I've seen from other (different) Chicken Etti recipes, you put it in a greased casserole and bake at 350* from 30-60 minutes (depending on the recipe).

Sounds sinfully delicious... I must be PMSing
I saw this episode last night. I definitely heard Anna say she used a can of Rotel. I liked how they poked fun at Josh for gaining some weight since they've been married. Anyone else think he looks better after gaining some weight... in that episode I thought he was looking very attractive!

Tonight I'm actually cooking something very similar to the Chicken-etti.... PioneerWoman's Chicken Spaghetti.

dog2.gifcrochetsmilie.gif Lovin' my sweetheart, pregnant with #1 (EDD Feb.2013) stork-suprise.gif

#154 of 156 Old 03-24-2010, 02:09 PM

SophieAnn, I think I am going to make that too. I have most of the ingredients and if we dont eat it, I can feed it to the freezer for another time. Once I make it a few times, I can tweak it to my family's likes.

I saw more canned stuff going into the etti recipe.

I also think Josh looks better with a bit of weight. He looks more like a man, which he is!

Its good to see this young couple pitching in and helping when its needed. Their baby is adorable!

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#155 of 156 Old 03-25-2010, 02:31 PM

Just in case no one knows, there are several episodes up (first one through 7) on TLC, or you can go through Hulu.com to see them as well.

Mother to a crazy wonderful son born 7-11-09 and A very determined amazing daughter born 5-3-12!
#156 of 156 Old 03-25-2010, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
OK, mamas, I'm going to close this and start the spring thread. And I really want a moment to thank you all soooooooo much for following the "Duggar rules" here on MDC. I'm very happy we were able to continue the thread in a civilized manner and keep it on the boards. Remember, we don't require that everyone agrees but we do ask that everyone be respectful, and you all have done an excellent job on that front. Thank you so much!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page