Walking in a Winter Dugger-land... PLEASE REVIEW FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 156 Old 12-07-2009, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
A review of the thread guidelines:
This is the television forum. The purpose of the television forum is to discuss 18, 19, 20, Whatever Kids and Counting, the television show.

All posts must both adhere to the forum's purpose (see above) and the User Agreement, specifically
Quote:
Do not post in a disrespectful, defamatory, adversarial, baiting, harassing, offensive, insultingly sarcastic or otherwise improper manner, toward a member or other individual, including casting of suspicion upon a person, invasion of privacy, humiliation, demeaning criticism, name-calling, personal attack, or in any way which violates the law.
Defamatory = purposely harmful and/or untrue with the intention to malign. MDC is no longer hosting celebrity gossip, which should cover most of it, but we will also not host speculation of a harmful or overly personal nature, including allegations of abuse or armchair mental health diagnoses. This is also covered under "casting suspicion". If you can't prove it with a reliable source, don't post it as fact.

Baiting = trying to make end runs around the User Agreement and hinting that members posting to this thread on either "side" are somehow morally deficient. It will not be tolerated, and is not the purpose of this forum. Discuss the show, not the members who discuss the show.

Offensive/disrespectful: You can discuss your thoughts on their religious beliefs as they pertain to the show. But please, mind your language. We don't host any form of religious bigotry on MDC. Don't use words that would offend you if someone turned them around and used them to describe your own beliefs. Certainly, words like "cult" are NEVER appropriate when describing someone's religious beliefs.

Invasion of Privacy = tell-all blogs, aerial shots of private properties, etc.

Personal attack and namecalling: To clarify, you may state how you feel or how something makes you feel. You may feel certain actions are selfish, careless, or mean. You may not call someone selfish, careless, or mean.

This isn't the place to debate religion, family planning/fertility, discipline techniques, etc. If you want to have an extended conversation on those topics, please start a thread in the proper forum. Nor is this a "Duggar-lovin'" or "Dugger-hating" thread. It is JUST to discuss the television show.

This thread will be opened tonight and will be actively moderated. The plan is to start a new thread every few months. Posts that violate these guidelines will be removed and alerted. Jim-Bob and Michelle and their brood are certainly not core to MDC's purpose, and if these guidelines can't be adhered to, the thread will be removed.

As always, feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns.

Signed,
Modzilla

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#2 of 156 Old 12-07-2009, 04:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#3 of 156 Old 12-07-2009, 05:02 PM

Duggers through the snow, on their merry merry way, to bring us joy and cheer, and laughs along the way

Proud Catholic (30) and mama to V (10)
#4 of 156 Old 12-07-2009, 06:00 PM

Last night I had a dream about the Duggars (that Jana was getting married to a Bates boy, and I was in on the wedding planning). Me thinks I've watched too many TLC shows.
#5 of 156 Old 12-07-2009, 09:39 PM

I love the Duggars.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#6 of 156 Old 12-09-2009, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

Please ONLY discuss the show. I know this seems didactic, but MDC no longer hosts celebrity gossip, chit chat, or news. This includes Michelle Duggar's gallstones. Sorry, and thank you for cooperating.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#7 of 156 Old 12-09-2009, 04:22 PM

subbing

Jackie, wife to the Hubster, homeschooling mom to 4 girls: Lala (9) , Lissie (7) and Lauren (3) and our newest arrival Addie Jane born 10-1-10!
#8 of 156 Old 12-09-2009, 05:16 PM

I loved last night's show.

I can't wait to see what they do with the Bate's house.
#9 of 156 Old 12-09-2009, 05:31 PM

The Bates live 45 minutes from me. I go over there quiet a bit since dh works just down the road from Lake City so maybe someday I will get to see the Duggars in person

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#10 of 156 Old 12-09-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCatLvrMom2A&X View Post
The Bates live 45 minutes from me. I go over there quiet a bit since dh works just down the road from Lake City so maybe someday I will get to see the Duggars in person
I doubt you will miss them! MY dd1 would love to see them IRL. She loves that show!

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#11 of 156 Old 12-09-2009, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Wow! That's pretty cool! The Bates seem like a really high-moral value family too, and I like to learn about them and their life too.

Akie, single mom to M (02/18/06), E (08/04/07) and Z (06/22/09)
#12 of 156 Old 12-10-2009, 09:12 AM

Quote:
cool! I live in NC and didn't even realize they came to Asheville for the episode they did recently at the Biltmore house. I live about 45 minutes away. I would have loved to have seen the family.

Single (divorced), self-employed working, college student MOM to:

17 yr old

11 yr old 

4 yr old

#13 of 156 Old 12-10-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
thats cool!!!

I missed Tues nights episode was that the one with the fire??

Mom to Ds1 (8 1/2) Ds2 (6) Dd (2 1/2)!!!!
#14 of 156 Old 12-11-2009, 01:10 AM

SAHM to my baby girl Ella (12/09) wife to the love of my life practicing/believing in
#15 of 156 Old 12-11-2009, 01:20 AM

Location: back in the GREAT state of Minnesota! oh how i have missed you!
YAY we have a new thread... i hate when they get so long. its hard to follow

the one thing that i love about this show is how its filled with kindness. what they are doing for the Bates is just awesome. it still shocks me how handy the kiddos are! i guess if I build a house from the ground up, I would be handy too

Your life doesnât change by the man whos elected. If your loved by someone you can't be rejected... decide what to be and go be it! If your a caged bird brake in and demand that somebody free it.
#16 of 156 Old 12-11-2009, 05:43 AM

FINALLY saw the episode with the Bates' house. Sooooo excited!
And I cannot wait to see the house all finished.

Proud Catholic (30) and mama to V (10)
#17 of 156 Old 12-11-2009, 08:59 AM

Great episode. I loved how relaxed Kelly Bates was during birth. She didn't even looks strained or in pain when she said "Here she comes" and out with the baby. Wow. That is awesome to watch.

Jackie, wife to the Hubster, homeschooling mom to 4 girls: Lala (9) , Lissie (7) and Lauren (3) and our newest arrival Addie Jane born 10-1-10!
#18 of 156 Old 12-11-2009, 12:59 PM

Does anybody know if the Duggars are on DVD? (Earlier episodes)?

Mom to DS(8), DS(6), DD(4), and DS(1).  "Kids do as well as they can."

#19 of 156 Old 12-11-2009, 01:10 PM

How far ahead do the tape the dugger shows?

Jeana Christian momma to 4 sons Logan 18, Connor 15, Nathan 6, and bonus baby Jack 1
#20 of 156 Old 12-11-2009, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mamas, this thread will be closed if we cannot refrain from celebrity news, gossip, and speculation. We don't allow it on MDC for any other celebrities, and we can't make an exception for the Duggars. Please stop.

#21 of 156 Old 12-11-2009, 03:37 PM

Does anyone else worry about the long-term affect the television show will have on the kids' lives? They all seem really grounded (although I haven't seen some of the more recent episodes), and I would hate to see anything bad happen to them.

I don't mean to speculate, just wondering about the long-term consequence of exposing yourself and your family to the public so intimately....

#22 of 156 Old 12-11-2009, 03:58 PM

Can someone tell me what happened on the episode where there was some type of fire? I missed that...

I think it was on this past week.
#23 of 156 Old 12-11-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSuz View Post
Can someone tell me what happened on the episode where there was some type of fire? I missed that...

I think it was on this past week.
It was a training fire. The Duggar boys got to go to a fire training day.
#24 of 156 Old 12-11-2009, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justKate View Post
Does anyone else worry about the long-term affect the television show will have on the kids' lives? They all seem really grounded (although I haven't seen some of the more recent episodes), and I would hate to see anything bad happen to them.

I don't mean to speculate, just wondering about the long-term consequence of exposing yourself and your family to the public so intimately....
I don't think it will really be a problem for them. JB and M work very hard to teach them strong morals, and they really aren't that recognizable to the general public when they aren't all out together. As the older children go out and make their own lives, I am sure they will be able to control their exposure as Josh and Anna have.
#25 of 156 Old 12-11-2009, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

Thread closed due to a general inability to stick to discussing the television show only.

#26 of 156 Old 12-14-2009, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

I am going to reopen this and am asking one last time that you limit discussion ONLY to what is on the Duggar's television show on TLC. MDC no longer hosts celebrity news, gossip, or speculation. You may think it's petty, you may think it's stupid, but it's a slippery slope from Michelle Duggar's gallstones and emergency c-section to Britney's liposuction or the latest Gosselin saga, and we're just. not. hosting. that.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me. I am really not trying to be mean; I am trying to keep this thread on the boards. I promise.

#27 of 156 Old 12-15-2009, 01:07 PM

My bad.

I'm eager to see their reunion with the Bateses today. Obviously it's not real-time, but I love seeing those families together.
#28 of 156 Old 12-15-2009, 01:48 PM

I like the Bates family too. I like it when the two families are together.

I just realized that I can download full episodes on iTunes. Yippee.

Mom to DS(8), DS(6), DD(4), and DS(1).  "Kids do as well as they can."

#29 of 156 Old 12-15-2009, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
I am going to reopen this and am asking one last time that you limit discussion ONLY to what is on the Duggar's television show on TLC. MDC no longer hosts celebrity news, gossip, or speculation. You may think it's petty, you may think it's stupid, but it's a slippery slope from Michelle Duggar's gallstones and emergency c-section to Britney's liposuction or the latest Gosselin saga, and we're just. not. hosting. that.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me. I am really not trying to be mean; I am trying to keep this thread on the boards. I promise.
Annette: Thanks for re-opening this thread---- I know I'm guilty of "celebrity gossip" It's hard but I'll try my best-----Duggar show topics only

Samantha:: love.gif {Waldorf Doll Maker} broc1.gif{Organic Farmer}knit.gif{crafter} computergeek2.gif {blogger}  and crunchy mama to 4 boys under 5! run.gif

#30 of 156 Old 12-15-2009, 04:13 PM

Have there been any previews for today's show? I really want to see the Bates reno, but with everything else, I wonder if they will feel pressured to address all of that.

Do they ever show Mrs. Wilson?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page