Teen Mom - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 176 Old 01-12-2010, 04:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm curious - I assume MTV has to pay the moms to have them on the show. So I wonder why Amber can't afford to get her own place, or Maci needs to live with her mom, or Farrah needs to waitress to pay Sophia's hospital bills? I mean, not that I think MTV would be paying them a huge sum so they'd never have to work again, but I would think it would be a reasonable enough amount of money to not have to live in a motel for a week, or enough to cover hospital bills from a birth, ya know?

Of course, perhaps in some (all?) cases the girls are still under 18 so they don't have access to the money yet?

Gina, wife to DH, mama to my heart breaker Cecelia (10/13/07) and
welcoming our new baby boy Henry (03/08/10)
#62 of 176 Old 01-12-2010, 06:40 PM

I would assume that whatever they are getting paid they would have to be at least 18, if not older to receive.

On the plus side, not that I like watching them being miserable and making bad choices, I do feel like it shows accurately to other teenagers what it would be like. I think the thought of having a baby to some teenagers can seem all warm and fuzzy and for the most part that has not been what the show has been about. It might be a better reminder to be more careful to other teens. If they were receiving money now and the crew showed them shopping and not having to worry about things it wouldn't be very realistic.
#63 of 176 Old 01-12-2010, 06:52 PM

I've wondered about money too.

I think Maci is over 18, she's working as a bar tender isn't she?

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

#64 of 176 Old 01-13-2010, 04:55 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I was kinda of wondering if the money is being put into trusts or in the babies names or maybe they have to wait for majority?

But then they are all old enough to work...

Tonight's episode was good!

Farrah's mom just exnayed the watching of the baby and Farrah did it all herself!

Amber was whiney! And truth be told she isn't that clean herself... which really isn't a big deal but like someone said earlier about being a hypocrit. I kinda wish she and Gary would get back together but I also think they need some counselling AND she needs to get some help for her depression. I still want to know what is going on with the baby health problems. And this was about the age the babies were when they did the Follow up 16&Pregnant was it not? I thought her and gary were together at that time.

Catelynn and Tyler. Still love em! Next week looks exciting

Maci is awesome. And I love their parents. They are there but don't seem over bearing or stepping on toes but they are also telling it like it is. Ryan is getting picked on a little but he has really got to step up. I can understand not wanting to do the driving job but get out there and LOOK. Although it sounds like he is making quite a bit on UI... but still he should be trying to get off it.

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30***35****40**

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#65 of 176 Old 01-13-2010, 04:11 PM

I wonder if this thread would look different if people thought/knew that one of these teen moms is a member of this community.

its interesting to me the dynamic the anonymity of the internet/plus the scrutiny of reality television/plus opinion can play out.
------------------------------------------------
that being said, I find this show fairly interesting, I admire the couple that chose adoption for their mature selfless act, and for constantly reaffirming their choice and working on accepting it. I was impressed when she sought out a support group and went on the retreat-that was a very responsible, mature act and I am so glad to see that they have this resource available to them as birth parents. I dont remember seeing the birth parent role portrayed much beyond the handoff on tv, and i started watching this show for that.

I feel for farrah-i feel like there is an extensive amount of emotional manipulation and abuse there...it reminds me of aspects of my own upbringing, and i hope she gets out of there soon.

i wish all these mamas well-its not hard to be a parent unexpectedly, much less a teen parent who has the whole world to criticize your choices since they are aired on tv. (i know they did agree to that, but it still cant be easy)

peace to all of them

Heavily tattooed and Dready Mama to my girls. YES we are STILL NURSING! love to and
#66 of 176 Old 01-13-2010, 04:53 PM

I just watched last night's episode. I was so proud of Farrah! It seems like she is starting to get into to swing of things and feel less overwhelmed by Sophia being around. It was cute when she wore the baby to the library

I really think Maci is doing well. Ryan seems to be uncomfortable around the cameras- I wonder if he maybe talks more when they aren't around? I wish he'd step up to the plate for Maci and Bentley- I'm sure she would appreciate it! She really seems like she loves being a mama which I think is nice.

Something that I kept thinking about when they were showing Catelynn and Tyler is that they kept talking about how they are so glad Carly isn't there to be around all of that drama and the constant instability and how she deserves better- I wonder if they realize that THEY deserve better too? I hope they have adult mentors in their lives telling them that they deserve better than what they've been dealt. They are just kids too, kwim?
#67 of 176 Old 01-13-2010, 10:23 PM

I really liked the newest episode. It was so nice to see Farrah spending time with Sophia...especially at the library.
I so can't wait until next week to see Tyler propose!! The little sneak peak clip they have posted on mtv.com made me tear up.

Not momma yet, but momma to a ton of furry, scaly, slimy and feathery critters. whale.gifribbongreen.gif
#68 of 176 Old 01-14-2010, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper44 View Post
I think Maci is over 18, she's working as a bar tender isn't she?
I wondered about this. I thought you had to be 21 to serve alcohol? and if she can get a job doing that then why can't Ryan get a job?

I can't believe Farrah took Sophia to the library. She's brave! No way I would have done that when mine were that little.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedmamajama
I wonder if this thread would look different if people thought/knew that one of these teen moms is a member of this community.
if someone were on this community then they wouldn't likely share as much info as they do on the show. I think this show is meant to show just how hard it is to be a teen mom. But if any of these moms were on the boards I doubt they'd share their "stupid" moments with everyone and only the good ones.

Single (divorced), self-employed working, college student MOM to:

17 yr old

11 yr old 

4 yr old

#69 of 176 Old 01-14-2010, 08:22 PM

I was glad to see Farah spend time with Sophia but I really do not care for her at all. I hope she's not as awful as the editing suggests. The way she speaks to her parents is really horrible.

Maci is so well grounded and seems like such a good mother. I hope Ryan can be a great father and mate to her.
#70 of 176 Old 01-15-2010, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Did anyone else think it was odd that Tyler's mom let his dad stay at their house? I don't know when they divorced but I just thought it was strange. I feel so bad that Tyler has to deal with such an immature parent that makes such bad decisions.

Ok, I realize that she still lives in her parents home and she's young, but Farrah's parents treat her so strangely. For example, the birth control in the last episode. I mean, she has a baby for goodness sakes, do you think she is not sexually active?

I just feel like all the parents are adults now but some of them are treated like 8-year-olds.

treehugger.gifearth.gifribbonwhite.gif Anne (31), single WOHM to Karen (5)ribbonyellow.gifshamrocksmile.giffambedsingle1.gifjoy.gif
#71 of 176 Old 01-15-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia View Post
Ok, I realize that she still lives in her parents home and she's young, but Farrah's parents treat her so strangely. For example, the birth control in the last episode. I mean, she has a baby for goodness sakes, do you think she is not sexually active?
I believe she just wanted the BC just in case she meets someone and becomes sexually active. What I didn't understand is why she didn't just go on the pill or use something that didn't have to go in to the main refrigerator that everyone in the house would see? lol. That was extremely odd to me. But I can see where she would want to hide it from her parents. They have done nothing but give her a hard time about dating so soon.

Proud *single* mom to 3 amazing kiddos
#72 of 176 Old 01-16-2010, 03:07 AM

I love this show! I watch it every week.

Maci is hands down my favorite mom. She has her priorities in line, and Bentley seems very happy and well loved. Major kudos to her, especially since she's doing it alone pretty much. I think the fact that her family and Ryan's family are pretty well off and very supportive make a world of difference. She's a full-time mom, is going to college, and now is working. She is very level-headed and motivated, which is why I think she struggles so much with trying to make it work with Ryan.

I really sympathize with Farrah. I can't find it now, but I've heard that initially the baby daddy harassed her, and then died in a car crash while she was pregnant. She's said a few times that she doesn't want to be a single mom, she wants Sophia to have a father, and I think that's the guiding force behind her actions. Sure, she's immature and her parents enable her, but I think it's an all-around bad situation. She seems like an extremely motivated person, since she works, attends school and models, so if she continues to focus on Sophia, I think she'll be very successful, single mom or not.

Amber drives me a little crazy. Gary is lazy and immature, but he provides for them so that Amber can stay home, and I think she should be a little more grateful. It does seem that every scene has Leah crawling/laying around, with Amber texting or yelling at Gary.

I adore Catelynn. She and Tyler are so wise beyond their years, and I love that this whole situation has brought them closer. They have a very good relationship, very healthy. I wondered how successful they'd be, when they were living at home, but now that they're with Ty's mom (who is strict!) I think they'll get a more normal life, and be pushed to do things like go to college.

treehugger.gif NMY, uber-crunchy, college student, doula-in-training, health food store worker and future librarian read.gif

#73 of 176 Old 01-17-2010, 11:06 PM

I love Maci! Bentley is the cutest thing ever! I think Ryan is suffering from depression. I don't think he's really a bad guy, but he has some growing up to do. Maci needs to move on.

Amber makes me want to scream or hit the mute button. The whining... it drives me nutty! Gary seems a little lazy, but no lazier than Amber. I feel bad for Gary. He's really trying to be good to Amber and she keeps treating him like garbage.

I hope Farrah's behavior on the last episode lasts. Sophia needs a momma and not just a grandma to take care of her. Farrah's mom strikes me as odd. Something is not alright with her...

I really like Tyler. He seems like a really good guy. I'm not a big fan of Catelynn. She's a nice girl, but something about her just rubs me the wrong way. I think she may remind me of someone I know (and dislike) IRL.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#74 of 176 Old 01-19-2010, 02:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
can't wait for tonight's show!

treehugger.gifearth.gifribbonwhite.gif Anne (31), single WOHM to Karen (5)ribbonyellow.gifshamrocksmile.giffambedsingle1.gifjoy.gif
#75 of 176 Old 01-19-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia View Post
Not sure if I can mention it because its not on the show yet? It is in the news that Farrah's mom got arrested for choking and hitting Farrah in an argument on Saturday.

I really hope Farrah gets out of this abusive home. I could not believe my eyes when her mom slapped her on the first show of 16 and Pregnant.
That's horrible!! I've always thought something with her mom just seemed off.

(Based on what happened in the Duggar's thread, I'm not sure we're allowed to continue discussing this since it's not on the show?)

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

#76 of 176 Old 01-19-2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanHippie View Post
I love Maci! Bentley is the cutest thing ever! I think Ryan is suffering from depression. I don't think he's really a bad guy, but he has some growing up to do. Maci needs to move on.

Amber makes me want to scream or hit the mute button. The whining... it drives me nutty! Gary seems a little lazy, but no lazier than Amber. I feel bad for Gary. He's really trying to be good to Amber and she keeps treating him like garbage.

I hope Farrah's behavior on the last episode lasts. Sophia needs a momma and not just a grandma to take care of her. Farrah's mom strikes me as odd. Something is not alright with her...

I really like Tyler. He seems like a really good guy. I'm not a big fan of Catelynn. She's a nice girl, but something about her just rubs me the wrong way. I think she may remind me of someone I know (and dislike) IRL.
I agree with you on Amber. I can't stand her. She definitely rubs me the wrong way. She's too needy and dramatic.

I like Catelynn. She seems like the most mature on the show, besides Maci anyway.

#77 of 176 Old 01-19-2010, 03:55 PM

Yes, please stay on topic about the show.

Would you all mind editing out the gossip, so the thread can stay on the board?

Thanks!

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato
#78 of 176 Old 01-20-2010, 04:35 AM - Thread Starter

Farrah - I felt so bad for baby Sophia, when she woke up hungry and was reaching for her bottle. I like how Farrah asks her Mom NOT to come help her in the morning and then sleeps through getting up with Sophia I was really happy that she decided to go look at apartments and get a reality check! It was nice to see her and her mother have a nice moment.

Amber - I felt really bad for Gary. Amber needs to understand that he's not happy about her leaving and she can't just expect there relationship to instantly improve. Eventually I'm sure they'll be able to be in the same room and be civil, but right now, I think Gary needs a little space from her, so he can let the break up set in. On a side note anyone else catch baby Leah playing with a prescription medicine bottle?! What were they THINKING! I know it could be empty or have a REALLY secure child proof top, but 1) I wouldn't make it a habit to leave them where my young child could get period and 2) it's not something I want my kid to think is a toy and is okay to play with!

Tyler was so cute picking out the engagement ring

Poor Maci, she looked so sad leaving Bentley at daycare. He, however, looked excited to be there lol

I saw a preview for new 16 & Pregnant episodes! They're starting in Feb.

Hope this is coherent, It is way past my bed time and I am NAK!

SAHM to my baby girl Ella (12/09) wife to the love of my life practicing/believing in
#79 of 176 Old 01-20-2010, 02:15 PM

i felt bad for gary too ... amber jumped all over him when he was just asking her a question. not really fair. it seems like their baby spends a lot of time in the play pen

i wanted ryan and maci to work out, but he is not nice to her! i was so hoping when she called him from the daycare that he would step up to the plate and be supportive of her. and calling her #$%^ lazy wow.

the season finale looks good ~ i think tyler and catelynn are so cute together.

Midwifery student , Mama to my 4 amazing kids. treehugger.gif

#80 of 176 Old 01-20-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedmamajama View Post
I think it is awesome if one of the moms is a member here! If I opened my life on TV I would expect people to talk about it too... And the bad comes with the good.

Last night was good!

I like how Farrah looked at apartments. But I can say that DH mentioned that her mom was a combination of both of our own mothers (and both are very emotional abusive). She has a lot on her plate and it also looks like she is still trying to find herself. Finding herself and gaining a bit more of a better self image (yes I think she is a bit insecure, however it is not an age thing, it is how her relationship with her family has been thing) and I think she will really excel at the world!

Maci! Still love her. I felt horrible when Ryan was calling her lazy and putting her down and such for not just staying home and "playing all day". The conversation on the porch he just seemed "different" both DH and I noticed it. It just seemed mean and like there was something else going on there with him. I really hope Bently going to daycare will help her with collage.

Amber, it was good to see her go find a job and an apartment. I "get" her. Maybe because I see a lot of my self in her when I was trying to find myself in the early days of the young parenting role. Gary loves her and I really think she loves him. But they need to work together and that is the hardest part. Many non teen moms have this same sort of dynamic. I think if they both went to couselling it would make a world of difference.

Yay for Catelynn and Tyler making future plans. It is good to see them have some idea where they want to be in a few years. I still like how Tyler's mom seems so shocked at everything. I mean they did have a baby together and they got through the pregnancy and the adoption and are still together and she is shocked he wants to put marriage on the table?

I actually have a really hard time grasping this whole "young/teen" mom stigma. it has only been in the last 50 years or so that people really waited to get married. I think people are trying to keep kids "young" longer and I just don't get it. A 17/18/19 year old is an adult. Maybe a young adult but an adult. And nature dictates when we get our menses and hormones. And nature hasn't shifted that to a later date just because we live longer.

Sure there are challanges being a young mom, but there are challenges being an older mom and a single mom and a single dad and and and... Maybe that is why I like this show. It puts it out there.

It shows what it is like to be a MOM. I know just as many 30 somethings whom are trying to juggle childcare and school and work and a less than supportive husband.

And it also seems typical of the dads. Only one is out of the picture (and the reasons behind that are unknown), one is there but not really. One is wanting to be there but the relationship dynamic is having problems (and IME most do that first year of having a first baby) and the last is there and would be a FANTASTIC father, is a fantastic father and will be a fantastic father.

It just seems more like normal life and normal parenting dynamics rather than "teen" parenting.

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30***35****40**

#81 of 176 Old 01-20-2010, 04:47 PM

Farrah finally figured out that it's much easier at home than it would be out on her own I think. The way she told her mom not to bother her early in the morning was so rude. I'd love it if someone got my baby at 5am and fed her once in a while. lol.

Amber..ugh. She hasn't changed. Maybe if she would stop being so selfish and rude to Gary she would see that now that the baby is in daycare and she and Gary both have jobs that it just might be easier for her now. She's odd, very odd. She said she didn't want to have her daughter see them act the way her own parents did and she's not doing anything to prevent it herself.

Maci is crazy for staying with Ryan. He is such an a$$hat. I'm thinking parts of this show are rehearsed or else he is a real deadbeat of a father. He has no job and never takes care of his own son so his girlfriend can go to college and he had the gall to call HER lazy?? He's the laziest person I've ever seen, IF it's for real.

Catelynn and Tyler. I don't know if I agree with them getting engaged. I think Tyler is just afraid he is going to lose Catelynn so he is going to ask her to marry him. I think they should live their lives and what happens will happen. If it's meant to be then it will be.

I can't believe next week is the final episode for the season. I wonder if they will continue to show these girls once the new 16 and Pregnant airs in February?

17 yr old

11 yr old 

4 yr old

#82 of 176 Old 01-20-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brymommy View Post
I really hope Bently going to daycare will help her with collage.
But why didn't Ryan step up to the plate and offer to watch Bentley all day? He hasn't mentioned having a fulltime job or going to college. What the heck is he doing all day long that he can't watch his own child while Maci goes to school and work? I think it's sad quite frankly. He's so tired all the freaking time and lays around like a dork. Ryan seriously acts like most 13 yr old boys act. He needs to grow up. I can't believe his parents haven't beat that in to his head yet. But then again I have two neices that had babies quite young and their boyfriends also sit at home all day while they both work and they do nothing but sleep and hang out all night with friends. Kids just aren't mature these days like they used to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brymommy
I actually have a really hard time grasping this whole "young/teen" mom stigma. it has only been in the last 50 years or so that people really waited to get married. I think people are trying to keep kids "young" longer and I just don't get it. A 17/18/19 year old is an adult. Maybe a young adult but an adult. And nature dictates when we get our menses and hormones. And nature hasn't shifted that to a later date just because we live longer.
I disagree with you. I think some young mothers are still very immature just as some older moms can't hack parenting very well. I personally see young mothers all the time IRL that jerk their kids around and talk very mean to them in public (ex. stores, restaurants) and it bugs me to no end. They have very little patience and seem so stressed that the baby just won't do what they "want" it to when they want them to do it. Some young moms just don't get that a baby is a baby and totally needy. So I disagree that we are supposed to have kids at a young age just because we get our periods. That's just wrong. It takes a man and woman to make a baby and I feel two people should be involved in the raising of a child (especially a baby) and that's coming from someone who was a single mom with her first child.

17 yr old

11 yr old 

4 yr old

#83 of 176 Old 01-20-2010, 05:54 PM

I haven't seen last nights episode but I know the show where Amber brought Leah to daycare- don't get me wrong it IS hard to not be with them. But at the same time I was thinking good for Leah to be with adults who don't yell and play with other kids and get the stimulation. When they show her with Amber she is either playing on the bed or in a playpen. She looked excited to be somewhere new with toys and other little kids.
#84 of 176 Old 01-21-2010, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy68 View Post
But why didn't Ryan step up to the plate and offer to watch Bentley all day? He hasn't mentioned having a fulltime job or going to college. What the heck is he doing all day long that he can't watch his own child while Maci goes to school and work? I think it's sad quite frankly. He's so tired all the freaking time and lays around like a dork. Ryan seriously acts like most 13 yr old boys act. He needs to grow up. I can't believe his parents haven't beat that in to his head yet. But then again I have two neices that had babies quite young and their boyfriends also sit at home all day while they both work and they do nothing but sleep and hang out all night with friends. Kids just aren't mature these days like they used to be.
Oh I totally think he should have stepped up. Completely. It just doesn't look like it is going to. I just hope that somehow she is able to make collage work because she seems to want that very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy68 View Post
I disagree with you. I think some young mothers are still very immature just as some older moms can't hack parenting very well. I personally see young mothers all the time IRL that jerk their kids around and talk very mean to them in public (ex. stores, restaurants) and it bugs me to no end. They have very little patience and seem so stressed that the baby just won't do what they "want" it to when they want them to do it. Some young moms just don't get that a baby is a baby and totally needy. So I disagree that we are supposed to have kids at a young age just because we get our periods. That's just wrong. It takes a man and woman to make a baby and I feel two people should be involved in the raising of a child (especially a baby) and that's coming from someone who was a single mom with her first child.
I don't think that we are supposed to have kids at a young age just because we get our periods. But your last line in the previous quote "Kids just aren't mature these days like they used to be." is what I am getting at. Instead of raising our children to become capable adults we are "excusing" their behaviour because "they are young" "they don't know any better".

And I think it takes more than two people. I do think it takes a village. A couple (I don't think it needs to be man and woman) to take on the responsiblity of a baby/child together of course is ideal. But I think that is off the point. As I said in my first post the "men" are there. Are all of them acting how they "should", no maybe not, but if you go check out Parents as Partners there are just as many "grown adult" men whom take the same attitude.

Just as I have seen more "older" moms jerking their kids around and talking mean to them in public. In fact I have seen the "younger" moms be the more gentle and accomodating of the group. But maybe that is just different geography and societial norms.

But *MY* biggest problem is that society is stigmatising this whole "teen mom" thing. Mom's of all ages have the same problems. Woman of all ages consider abortion for unplanned pregnancies, woman of all ages choose adoption, woman of all ages have great partners in parenting and woman of all ages have horrible partners in parenting. The themes are the same. The only difference I see is the way younger moms are stigmatised. And I think it sucks. It is ageism at it's best. I think the biggest problem facing these moms (yes they all have their own stuff they have to work through but we all do) is that they have the added problem of being judged because of their age.

I was talking to a friend today and we were talking about violence and kids watching more violent tv or shows or sports and I said it seems sad but society seems more ok with violence than they do with sex/romance/love and that just seems backwards. And it made me think of this. I guess my whole point is kind of a tangent but I think it might help some of these parents on Teen Mom to not have that added judgement of age, if (in the example of Farrah) she stopped looking at what her idea of "teenage" should be doing and instead look at what a "mom" should be doing.

#85 of 176 Old 01-21-2010, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brymommy View Post
I was talking to a friend today and we were talking about violence and kids watching more violent tv or shows or sports and I said it seems sad but society seems more ok with violence than they do with sex/romance/love and that just seems backwards. And it made me think of this. I guess my whole point is kind of a tangent but I think it might help some of these parents on Teen Mom to not have that added judgement of age, if (in the example of Farrah) she stopped looking at what her idea of "teenage" should be doing and instead look at what a "mom" should be doing.
I agree with you on this.

I only watch MTV channel for Teen Mom. The rest of the stuff on that channel completely disturbs me and scares me that our children are watching some of the crap on there. I see more and more kids disrespecting their parents and other elders and there is a show on MTV that has parents picking dates for their children and it's really terrible how the kids disrespect their parents on that show.

#86 of 176 Old 01-21-2010, 03:34 PM

I just watche dthis weeks episode- a couple of things.

Why in the world would Amber get an apartment BEFORE she has a job? I mean she is going from not working at all and relying on Gary for everything to thinking she can handle rent, utilities, phone... and she had nothing lined up. It was lucky for her she got it but it would be interesting to see her in the next few months and how it all pans out. Alsoher and Gary could really benefit from counseling. She isn't doing him any favors when she tells him she loves him but doesn't want to be by him. I think its very confusing for him and he is tryinig to realize they are not together.

Maci is my favorite, she is such a mom. Ryan was acting very very strange on the porch during their convesation. Honestly I hope he isn't doing drugs because thats how he acted. Its so cute to see how big Bentley is and walking all over.

Farrah, I loved her looking at apartments? None of them were really apartemnts but more like roommates. I'm glad she realized that she does have a lot to be thankful for at her home. Not saying her mom is the greatest but it seems they pay for alot and take care of Sophia too.

It would be fun to switch the girls for like 3 days or something and make Farrah see what its like to be Amber and how she struggles for the basics. And then have Amber see how much help Farrah gets at her home. Also have Maci see what its like to have a guy like Tyler who is so mature.
#87 of 176 Old 01-21-2010, 07:13 PM

I feel like Ive been judging Amber harshly in my mind but then it dawned on me that she has very little help. Maci and Farrah have constant support and help from parents and get to live in really nice homes. Amber doesn't have that. We saw how her father lived. Maci may not get much help from Ryan but she does get tons from her parents and in laws.

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

#88 of 176 Old 01-21-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxintheSnow View Post
I feel like Ive been judging Amber harshly in my mind but then it dawned on me that she has very little help. Maci and Farrah have constant support and help from parents and get to live in really nice homes. Amber doesn't have that. We saw how her father lived. Maci may not get much help from Ryan but she does get tons from her parents and in laws.
That is true about Amber, I feel sorry for her since she has no support. Didn't she have a mom during the 16 and pregnant show? I'm confused about where everyone went.

The thing about Amber that I can't stand is her tone of voice. Like when she calls Gary to ask a simple question she is already raising the tone of her voice so she sounds like she's angry/hysterical/whining. If she could just talk in an even, calm tone of voice everything would be so much better!

I missed the part about Farrah looking at apartments, I have no idea how I missed it!

If my DH accused me of being lazy like Maci's boyfriend did, when he does absolutely nothing himself, I would have completely lost it. COMPLETELY. How can she just sit there and take that? I wanted to reach through the screen and throttle him myself! I also don't get why his parents don't force him to step up instead of enabling him, because they seem so interested in Maci and Ryan's relationship and they look like they absolutely love Bentley. I guess they're in a tough spot of leaving Maci and Bentley on their own or taking care of them since their son won't...

I didn't know there was a new season of 16 and Pregnant coming up! I wonder if they will continue with these moms in next season's Teen Mom. I would be sad if we never get to find out what happens with them.

#89 of 176 Old 01-21-2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcytrue View Post
I agree with you on this.

I only watch MTV channel for Teen Mom. The rest of the stuff on that channel completely disturbs me and scares me that our children are watching some of the crap on there. I see more and more kids disrespecting their parents and other elders and there is a show on MTV that has parents picking dates for their children and it's really terrible how the kids disrespect their parents on that show.
This show is the only one I watch on MTV too. The rest of the stuff on there is so terrible!

#90 of 176 Old 01-23-2010, 06:06 PM

Catelynn and Tyler compliment each other and I think they have a real chance of making it work. I really like how Tyler is so tuned in to everything she says and listens to what she is saying. I think there is a very old soul in that very young man.

I like True Life on MTV, too.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page