Teen Mom - Page 6 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#151 of 176 Old 03-08-2010, 12:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay so now I am done with the season.

I kind of hope Gary and Amber get back together, but I still think Amber is verbally abusive

Maci and Ryan- I am glad they broke up because I don't think he is interested in being a partner or a parent.

Farrah- it was awesome that she turned things around. I was happy to see that

Catelynn- I think they are both mature beyond their years, it was nice to see him propose at the end

Is this it for the show or will there be another season of it?

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

#152 of 176 Old 03-08-2010, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnyflakes View Post
Okay so now I am done with the season.

I kind of hope Gary and Amber get back together, but I still think Amber is verbally abusive

Maci and Ryan- I am glad they broke up because I don't think he is interested in being a partner or a parent.

Farrah- it was awesome that she turned things around. I was happy to see that

Catelynn- I think they are both mature beyond their years, it was nice to see him propose at the end

Is this it for the show or will there be another season of it?
They have a new season of 16 and pregnant out now.

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)
~Attachment, co-sleeping parents to CJ (10/08)~ Mama to an angel baby born at 25.5 weeks Sophie (01/10)

#153 of 176 Old 03-08-2010, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcytrue View Post
Plus, I'm sure her family is a bit embarrassed of her considering she got pregnant and the father has never been in the picture at all.
I'm still working my way through the thread, so I don't know if anyone else has mentioned that Sophia's Dad isn't in the picture because he died?

ETA yep, I should have waited until I got to the end, lol.

Also - Amber isn't pregnant again, I saw somewhere that she updated her FB to say she's definitely not.
#154 of 176 Old 03-11-2010, 12:58 AM

I saw online that there will be a second season of Teen Mom starting this summer, but nothing is clear whether it will be Maci and the other girls from the first season of Teen Mom, or the girls from the current season of 16 and pregnant.

I really hope it's an actual second season of what's going on with everyone from the first Teen Mom!!

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

#155 of 176 Old 03-18-2010, 07:52 PM

I just watched the last show this morning. I can't remember the girls name but she was adopted and her parents kept urging her to also give her baby up for adoption. God her parents irritated the he** outta me. They weren't her real parents so they could care less about her child. I can't believe they pushed her in to that. I just hope she made the right decision in the end.

Proud *single* mom to 3 amazing kiddos
#156 of 176 Old 03-18-2010, 08:24 PM

Oops! Meant to post this in the 16 and pregnant thread!

But while I'm here, I'm still anxiously waiting to find out if the next season of Teen Mom is going to be about the last season's moms or the new ones from 16 and pregnant...

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

#157 of 176 Old 07-05-2011, 08:21 PM

Time to revive the thread!  The original Teen Mom is back!  thumb.gif  What did everyone think of the premiere?

Maci:  I really wish she would have had Kyle meet Ryan when they first started dating seriously.  I can understand why Ryan is mad.  He deserves to know who his kid spends the majority of his time with.  Ryan's comment about Kyle being "slow" though was such a slime bag thing to say.  He really dug low that time.

Farrah:  Getting fake boobs?  Really?  I hope it does help her get more modeling jobs because I just don't think it was a wise decision overall.  I'm glad to see her a little nicer to her mom though.  That was a change from last season for sure.  I thought it was very responsible on her mom's part to have Farrah make out a will.  She was spot on when she said that no one thought anything was going to happen to Derek either.

Catelynn:  I totally think the break in was drug related.  Like come on, they didn't steal anything???  Totally reeks of a drug issue.  I think her moving out would be quite impossible.  No one is going to rent a place out to two teens that haven't graduated high school and have no jobs.  Tyler's mom was totally on the mark saying they're rushing things.

Amber:  Oh what a mess she is.  I really wish she would just end it with Gary for good for Leah's sake.  When they went to see a "life coach," I was cringing the entire time.  It's pretty obvious that they are toxic together.  This season should be interesting with the whole arrest and CPS visit etc.  I think she went to rehab too if I'm not mistaken.  I'll have to google that to be sure though.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#158 of 176 Old 07-06-2011, 02:05 PM

Maci- I remember when Ryan dropped off Bentley once and had his gf wait in the truck, and she made a huge point of saying that if she is spending time with her son the least she can do is introduce herself. Well, now I think Kyle needs to step up. I'm not sure if Kyle is camera shy but he is very quiet. I'm also not sure why she forwarded him Ryan's text knowing that would upset him. It will be interesting to see how the seasons goes for her. I do think out of all the girls she is the most stable.

Farrah- Implants really? I can see how she would be self concious but really knowing you are going to filmed and having it aired during the first episode? The timing just seemed a little too coincidental for me. I dunno... I also felt like it gave her mother a reason to force Farrah into making a will and naming her for custody. I don't understand why she still isn't getting Derek's social security after the blood test came back? But I am glad she is still doing counseling, or at least it shows her in the previews.

Amber- Blah. Not my favorite. Her and Gary together are VERY toxic. Last night I got the impression she just liked being chased after two different guys. She really could use some time to just be single, get her GED, and parent. The previews for her looked awful and there was some pretty serious stuff with her in the news about 2 weeks ago.

Catelynn- I feel bad for her since her home life sucks. I LOVE Tyler's mom and how she nails exactly what he is thinking and feeling. I am suprised she didn't offer to let Catelynn move in with them instead of her and Tyler living together. But the last time they all lived together it didn't work out well either. I feel really bad for her little brother. And is Butch still in jail? They never really said. I am hoping she can graduate and get a job and do college and get away from her mother. I don't understand how they think they can afford an apartment when neither of them work and I don't think they have a car.

#159 of 176 Old 07-06-2011, 02:05 PM

Maci- I remember when Ryan dropped off Bentley once and had his gf wait in the truck, and she made a huge point of saying that if she is spending time with her son the least she can do is introduce herself. Well, now I think Kyle needs to step up. I'm not sure if Kyle is camera shy but he is very quiet. I'm also not sure why she forwarded him Ryan's text knowing that would upset him. It will be interesting to see how the seasons goes for her. I do think out of all the girls she is the most stable.

Farrah- Implants really? I can see how she would be self concious but really knowing you are going to filmed and having it aired during the first episode? The timing just seemed a little too coincidental for me. I dunno... I also felt like it gave her mother a reason to force Farrah into making a will and naming her for custody. I don't understand why she still isn't getting Derek's social security after the blood test came back? But I am glad she is still doing counseling, or at least it shows her in the previews.

Amber- Blah. Not my favorite. Her and Gary together are VERY toxic. Last night I got the impression she just liked being chased after two different guys. She really could use some time to just be single, get her GED, and parent. The previews for her looked awful and there was some pretty serious stuff with her in the news about 2 weeks ago.

Catelynn- I feel bad for her since her home life sucks. I LOVE Tyler's mom and how she nails exactly what he is thinking and feeling. I am suprised she didn't offer to let Catelynn move in with them instead of her and Tyler living together. But the last time they all lived together it didn't work out well either. I feel really bad for her little brother. And is Butch still in jail? They never really said. I am hoping she can graduate and get a job and do college and get away from her mother. I don't understand how they think they can afford an apartment when neither of them work and I don't think they have a car.

#160 of 176 Old 07-06-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
I remember when Ryan dropped off Bentley once and had his gf wait in the truck, and she made a huge point of saying that if she is spending time with her son the least she can do is introduce herself.

Yup, now that the tables are turned she should have had Ryan & Kyle meet a long time ago.

#161 of 176 Old 07-07-2011, 06:35 AM

Tyler has a car- Caitlyn does not. They do get paid for the show, so they have some income. Amber rents and she didn't graduate either. I think someone will rent to them. While they don't need the stress of bills, etc, Caitlyn's home life is awful. I would love to have adopted both of them!

Amber- This girl is a mess- just a mess. She and Gary are NOT good together. I feel so bad for Leah.

I was suprised Farrah was getting boobs as well. So many other things she needs to be dealing with.

Maci is still the best mom IMO of all of them. But yeah, she should have introduced Ryan and Kyle.

#162 of 176 Old 07-07-2011, 12:44 PM

Amber - Wow, I think her and Gary are just so up and down.  I believe they are toxic for each other and the back and forth isn't good for Leah.  But I believe Amber said her parents had that relationship for a long time, sometimes history repeats itself unless you recognize it for what it is and get out of the situation.  Easier said then done when emotions are involved though.  I just feel bad for the rocky road she's putting Leah through.

Caitlynn - I feel bad about their living situation.  It seems like her mother never has a good handle on what's going on and there's been a lot of instability, however Caitlynn herself is trying her best to get out of the cycle.  I don't think it's the worst thing in the world if she has money saved towards getting her own place.  

Farrah - Breast implants probably weren't the best idea but hey, whatever floats her boat I suppose.  Sometimes I like her because I think she's trying to do her best.  But other times, when she's snarking at her father especially...I just roll my eyes.  Obviously he's trying to help her.  I think getting the will done was probably a good idea though.

Quote:
I remember when Ryan dropped off Bentley once and had his gf wait in the truck, and she made a huge point of saying that if she is spending time with her son the least she can do is introduce herself. Well, now I think Kyle needs to step up. I'm not sure if Kyle is camera shy but he is very quiet. I'm also not sure why she forwarded him Ryan's text knowing that would upset him.

I totally agree, this is exactly what I was thinking when I watched this.  I don't know what good could come out of telling Kyle that Ryan called him slow though...But I suppose he would have eventually found out because it was on t.v.

#163 of 176 Old 07-07-2011, 04:47 PM

This season is going to be kind of hard to watch, I think. As bad as I have felt for Amber in the past, she seems to feed on drama and craziness and have no desire to change that, even for her child. I would hate to see her lose her child but she realllllllly needs to get it together. She is still very immature.

Yes, Maci should have introduced Kyle and Ryan. But then again with an ex like that, and after the "slow" comment......I can't blame her for not feeling warm and fuzzy about that introduction. Plus, I kept thinking to myself, "if he's that curious why doesn't he just watch the show?" lol

Farrah getting a loan for a $5,700 boob job is so incredibly over the top. She mentioned treating herself. If you want a treat, buy yourself a pint of Ben and Jerry's and get a freaking pedicure. That is selfish, unecessary and irresponsible. And I have come to like and respect Farrah because she came a long way last season. But seriously the floppy boobs are part of the whole motherhood thing. What if she has another baby at some point? How will she breastfeed? Did anyone mention that to her? And anyway why on earth would you take out a loan just so you can have nice boobs?????? Loans are for houses, college, medical emergencies and possibly a car. Someone needs to clue her in.

Caitlyn and Tyler I love as always. I hope they are able to stay afloat financially in their own place. I remember when I first moved out on my own, I had been working and paying bills in my parents' house for a few years already, but I still struggled at first. There were just so many little things I hadn't thought of that added up. It can be done but I hope the stress ofit doesn't push them apart. They seem very self-aware, though, so I think they will handle it maturely.

Very blessed mama to one bouncin' boy bouncy.gif (12/07) one angel3.gif who didn't get to stay (6/09), one potty learning, mess making divaenergy.gif(4/10), and one cheerful milk monster. aabfwoman.gif (12/11) Happy partner to the love of my lifedp_malesling.GIF.  

#164 of 176 Old 07-07-2011, 09:32 PM

Quote:
 As bad as I have felt for Amber in the past, she seems to feed on drama and craziness and have no desire to change that, even for her child. I would hate to see her lose her child but she realllllllly needs to get it together. She is still very immature.

I agree with this.  I think she wants attention but I feel bad for her because I think her childhood was pretty bad.  I don't know that she knows how to have a stable relationship or family or do the right things.  But I think her process of figuring it out may lead her down some dark places.  Every news article about her recently has been pretty negative.  The fame and the positions she gets herself into seems to be making her life hell.

I think it's funny when she blames her pregnancy entirely on Gary to the therapist though, as if she was in the other room or something when it happened.

Quote:
Farrah getting a loan for a $5,700 boob job is so incredibly over the top. She mentioned treating herself. If you want a treat, buy yourself a pint of Ben and Jerry's and get a freaking pedicure.

I agree with this too but these girls get paid like $5,000 an episode, not to mention magazines and everything else they do promotionally wise.  So in theory she shouldn't have to borrow the money.

http://www.thefrisky.com/post/246-how-much-do-the-teen-moms-make-compared-to-other-reality-tv-stars/

#165 of 176 Old 07-10-2011, 05:55 PM

I HOPE those girls make some money on this show...that would be about the only way new breasts for Farrah could be rationalized! 

Happy at Home Mama to DD 4/95 DS 4/98 and DS#2 8/10  femalesling.GIF        h20homebirth.gif       sewmachine.gif

http://www.etsy.com/shop/motherhendoula

#166 of 176 Old 07-13-2011, 05:24 AM

I have read many times in the past that they get paid; it has actually been one of the criticisms of the show- that by paying them, MTV is taking away one of the real downsides of being a teen mom. Watching this season makes me wonder  if MTV has encouraged the girls to talk up money problems; it seems to be in every episode now.I know the whole time I am watching it, I am wondering where the checks from the show have gone.

#167 of 176 Old 07-13-2011, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Watching this season makes me wonder  if MTV has encouraged the girls to talk up money problems; it seems to be in every episode now.

I don't think so.  I haven't really seen them talk about money problems other than Maci, but I have seen them talk about having money put away.   Last season there was alot of talk about money with Farrah, especially after she moved out of her mom's house & had to pay her own bills.  She had to get a full time job to help pay for daycare & then she got scammed with the car.  I can't see that house she's living in being cheap on utilities.  Whether she gets a discount from her mom I don't know.  She spends alot of her money to keep up her lifestyle she was used to before she got pregnant.

Maci is just stupid for moving away to begin with.  Wasn't she living with her parents before?  Then she quit her job &  moved 2 hours away, has to drive back & forth for visitation.  She did not get another job when she moved there so I'm not sure how she thought she was going to pay her bills.  She has alot of nice furniture that had to be purchased somehow.

Caitlyn has obviously been saving her money, she does not have alot of new stuff, no vehicle, etc & was living in a dump with her mom(I really hope she wasn't giving her mom money, but I can see her mom demanding that she contribute).

Amber was living in a dump too, though it looks like they perhaps got some new stuff(sheets at least) when they moved.

#168 of 176 Old 07-13-2011, 08:52 AM

I just meant because they are suddenly having to get jobs- if they are making the 60K a year they are reportedly being paid, plus extras for being on magazine covers, they shouldn't need jobs.

#169 of 176 Old 07-13-2011, 12:08 PM

I think the only ones who are suddenly having to get jobs is Tyler & Catelyn.  They seem to be more mature than the rest of them & I can imagine if she never gave her mom money that she probably put alot of her money away for the future.  I can see her putting it away for college if she ever graduates high school.

if they did get $60,000 then I can't see why Farrah would have had a hard time getting a loan unless she spent alot of that, but she said she had money in savings & didn't want to use that.

#170 of 176 Old 07-13-2011, 02:44 PM

I thought that they didn't have access to all that money? I don't know why I thought that, but I thought I remembered hearing somewhere that the money was inaccessible to them for a certain amount of time, or at least some of the money was. 60K is more than enough to support a mom and baby. If they really have used up all that money and are still struggling, then a lot of my support/respect is out the window.

Very blessed mama to one bouncin' boy bouncy.gif (12/07) one angel3.gif who didn't get to stay (6/09), one potty learning, mess making divaenergy.gif(4/10), and one cheerful milk monster. aabfwoman.gif (12/11) Happy partner to the love of my lifedp_malesling.GIF.  

#171 of 176 Old 07-13-2011, 04:46 PM

Amber reportedly made $280K last year from MTV so the "money problems" that they all seem to have are most likely fake for the show. 

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#172 of 176 Old 07-14-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuburbanHippie View Post

Amber reportedly made $280K last year from MTV

Where do I sign up? lol.

That is ridiculous. and with that kind of money she ought to have gotten her s*** together by now. Farrah did a major turnaround which shows that it's possible to learn to be a good mom. I was so pleased to see how much she missed her dd and how excited sophia was to see her when she came home. What a difference from when she first gave birth! For a long time I've been on Amber's side that she has a lot of issues  etc., but with that kiond of money all the resources she needs are available to her. So I really just.don't. get. it.

#173 of 176 Old 07-15-2011, 02:42 PM

Amber appears to be a HORRIBLE mother IMO and I feel so very sad for poor little Leah. Gary should get custody of her and say to hell with that psycho b**** Amber! I just muted my television on their scenes, I can't stand to watch it.. I feel so sorry for that little girl especially seeing how she responds to their arguing and yelling.

lovingmommyhood likes this.

treehugger.gifMama to a beautiful baby girl diaper.gif.. Ava,   born 8/21/10!  saynovax.gif

#174 of 176 Old 07-17-2011, 04:39 PM

I thought I remember them not getting the money for a period of time.. because honestly, how else would they stay living the same lifestyle, I mean look at Caitlyn and Tyler.. I really doubt there's anyway they'd live the way they do if they were both making 60k a year, or more.

creative crunchy christian wife to J stillheart.gif, Mama to three boys and one baby on the way!  chicken3.gif  doula in training love.gif

#175 of 176 Old 07-17-2011, 04:43 PM

Amber is from (near) my hubby's hometown.... yeah.. I've heard that they totally stage stuff, and have her redo stuff, say certain things, etc. Suffice to say, the town of Anderson IN is NOT happy with how their town is portrayed.

However, here's me.. in front of the three pigs (where Amber and sleeze ball just got out of jail now ex boyfriend went on their first date)

creative crunchy christian wife to J stillheart.gif, Mama to three boys and one baby on the way!  chicken3.gif  doula in training love.gif

#176 of 176 Old 08-03-2011, 12:19 AM

Oh my goodness, Amber is just a mess. I can't believe Gary puts up with that. He could take care of Leah and keep her out of the house.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page