Forum Jump: 

#91 of 116 Old 05-19-2010, 02:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessMommy View Post
*spoiler here*

I made a little spreadsheet based on tonight's results. It is so close.... any of them could win. If I guess at 8% weight loss between week 18 and the final show:

.........................current percent wt loss......predicted wt. ...... predicted %
.................................................. ............ next week
KOLI..........6'1" 45.9%...........................201............... .......50.2%
MICHAEL....6'3" 43.2%...........................275............... .......47.7%
DARIS.......5'10" 43.1%...........................181............... ........47.6%
ASHLEY.....5'5" 43.0%...........................196............... .......47.6%

put it another way, Michael and Ashley have the most work to do to get to bmi of 25. Daris has a tougher job, he is almost there.

................current bmi.............. weight loss needed for bmi of 25
MICHAEL..... 37.4 ....................... 99 (pounds)
ASHLEY.......35.4 .......................... 63
KOLI........... 28.8............................ 28
DARIS..........28.3.............................. 23

Hopefully I did this math right ... past my bed time. I put spaces in neatly to make things line up, the spaces disappeared.
Wow! That was quite a lot of work! Great job!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 116 Old 05-19-2010, 03:12 PM

I'm rooting for Koli, and my DH voted for him. I was doubting Koli's headspace, but he seems more determined, whereas I thought Daris was in a good headspace, but not so much now. Really, I want all of them to do well, and who cares about who wins.

Come ponder with me about food!
#93 of 116 Old 05-19-2010, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleslaw View Post
Wow! That was quite a lot of work! Great job!
excel makes it easy :-)

I voted for Koli... though just once and by computer. I am horrified that anyone would pay 99-cents to vote by cell phone.

Looking at my chart, Koli is 3 percentage points higher than Michael... if he can keep shedding weight at the same rate as Michael AND if he gets voted in, then he wins. Otherwise it could be Ashley, Daris or Michael - whoever drops highest percent of weight.
#94 of 116 Old 05-19-2010, 06:28 PM

I don't know who to vote for.

Daris is struggling being at home but Koli isn't even at home, he fled.

That's hard.

Not all those who wander are lost 
#95 of 116 Old 05-20-2010, 11:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I voted multiple times for Daris. :

I liked his attitude throughout the entire season. He worked hard, didn't game play, and he treated everyone well. I can't say the same for Koli. He was all about keeping Sam there even though Sam could have left several episodes earlier. Also, going to Vegas isn't a good way to find out if one can maintain one's weight loss. It seems to me Koli is more concerned about winning the $250k than really having a healthy lifestyle.

I didn't think much of the 2 pound weight gain by Daris. Daris is at a weight that's right for his body and people who train for marathons often eat quite a bit. He ran that marathon in such a great time. He should be so proud of himself. I think that totally deserves a

What concerns me about Daris is that he is so focused on having a girlfriend. I worry that when he finds a girl that he'll turn to food when the relationship hits a rough spot. He still has to do a lot of mental work so that he doesn't backslide.

Normal is just a setting on your dryer.
#96 of 116 Old 05-25-2010, 03:38 PM

Are you ready for tonight's show?

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

#97 of 116 Old 05-25-2010, 06:46 PM

I'm so excited!! Can't wait to see everyone. I wonder how the green team did. I'm going to assume that the daughter didn't get much done. Hopefully, I'm pleasantly surprised. And the brown team...crossing all fingers and toes for them.
#98 of 116 Old 05-25-2010, 07:34 PM

wait... I"m totally confused by how the game works? Why did they spend so much time talking about 'final four' just to narrow it down to 3 last night? And what is the voting for?

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#99 of 116 Old 05-26-2010, 08:34 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookGoddess View Post
I voted multiple times for Daris. :

I liked his attitude throughout the entire season. He worked hard, didn't game play, and he treated everyone well. I can't say the same for Koli. He was all about keeping Sam there even though Sam could have left several episodes earlier. Also, going to Vegas isn't a good way to find out if one can maintain one's weight loss. It seems to me Koli is more concerned about winning the $250k than really having a healthy lifestyle.

I didn't think much of the 2 pound weight gain by Daris. Daris is at a weight that's right for his body and people who train for marathons often eat quite a bit. He ran that marathon in such a great time. He should be so proud of himself. I think that totally deserves a

What concerns me about Daris is that he is so focused on having a girlfriend. I worry that when he finds a girl that he'll turn to food when the relationship hits a rough spot. He still has to do a lot of mental work so that he doesn't backslide.
i agree with most of this. i didn't vote but yeah koli is annoying!!

mama to one '07 and one '09
#100 of 116 Old 05-26-2010, 10:54 AM

final results: (% wt loss and BMI)

KOLI 53.3%24.8
MICHAEL50.2%32.7
ASHLEY48.9%31.8
DARIS48.6%25.5

If you did not watch it, Koli lost the vote and was not in the final 3, so Michael won it. They all looked great!
#101 of 116 Old 05-26-2010, 11:54 AM

Thanks! I was wondering if Koli would have won it. I never caught his percentage. Bummer for Koli though.
#102 of 116 Old 05-26-2010, 12:47 PM

I think Koli has a better chance of keeping the weight off than Micheal, though... Koli is now doing mixed martial arts and he may be able to compete or even go pro? This will keep him in shape.

Michael is a DJ and while he has lost weight, how sure are we that he has made a permanent change in his life?
#103 of 116 Old 05-26-2010, 01:05 PM

So the more you have lose, the higher chance you have of winning it seems. Some people aren't fat enough to lose more than 50% of their body weight so they have no chance.

I read something on msn last week with lots of befores and afters of past contestants. Lots if not most gain the weight back. Not all of it, but about 50% of it. It's probably because they lose weight so quickly which has been proven to not be effective long term. Also they need to give them counseling I think.

Anyway, kinda depressing.

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

#104 of 116 Old 05-26-2010, 07:30 PM

Ashley had to have had surgery or something done. Her boobs were way TOO small in comparison to what they were when she first started.
#105 of 116 Old 05-26-2010, 07:50 PM

Ugh why did I read? I assumed that if you were posting a spoiler that you would warn us that you were going to.
#106 of 116 Old 05-26-2010, 07:57 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I can't believe I missed it. I limped through this whole season of boring people and bad acting just to forget the finale. UUUUUUGH!
#107 of 116 Old 05-26-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMF View Post
Ashley had to have had surgery or something done. Her boobs were way TOO small in comparison to what they were when she first started.
There was definitely something off about her body.

Also, how much time took place between the last episode and last nights? She lost that remaining weight very very quickly.

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

#108 of 116 Old 05-28-2010, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMF View Post
When I put on weight, I put a lot of weight in my boobs so when I lose weight, it comes off the boobs pretty fast. I wonder if she's like that as well.

Ashley looked so cute in her pink and red outfit. I was hoping she would win and her mom would win the at home prize. But Darrell (Black Team dad) lost an amazing amount of weight at home so he deserved the at home prize.

I was ok if Ashely, Michael or Daris had won. Michael lost a lot of weight. However, his outfit at the finale was..erm...interesting.

Drea (Black Team) didn't seem to have lost that much after she went home. Same for Migdalia.

One thing I learned from this season is if you ever go on the Biggest Loser don't ever complain about never having had a boyfriend or girlfriend. They will use that clip over and over and over again.

#109 of 116 Old 05-28-2010, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessMommy View Post
I think Koli has a better chance of keeping the weight off than Micheal, though... Koli is now doing mixed martial arts and he may be able to compete or even go pro? This will keep him in shape.

Michael is a DJ and while he has lost weight, how sure are we that he has made a permanent change in his life?
Koli's motivation to lose the weight seemed monetary, but I hope I'm wrong. He seemed really off at the finale. He seemed jittery and fidgety and when Allison asked him some questions, he seemed terse in his response. Did anyone else get that impression?

In an earlier part of this thread, someone who lives in Michael's town mentioned that she saw him exercise at the gym for quite a bit of time. It sounds like so far he's sticking to his active lifestyle habits.

#110 of 116 Old 05-28-2010, 12:44 PM

I think Koli was very disappointed in not getting the votes. He had the confetti thing in his head. If you watch the finale interviews on nbc.com, he talked about feeling mixed since he actually lost the highest percentage of everyone, but becasue he wasn't voted in, he didn't get the grand prize, but he won the at home prize and he can go home. He also said it wasn't about the money and that he would probably just put the money away.
#111 of 116 Old 05-28-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
When I put on weight, I put a lot of weight in my boobs so when I lose weight, it comes off the boobs pretty fast. I wonder if she's like that as well.
I agree. I don't think Ashley had a reduction or anything. Lots of women gain and lose weight very easily in their breasts.

I recall gaining just 10 lbs. and also gaining a cup size!

dog2.gifcrochetsmilie.gif Lovin' my sweetheart, pregnant with #1 (EDD Feb.2013) stork-suprise.gif

#112 of 116 Old 05-28-2010, 04:28 PM

coleslaw--that was my impression as well. I really do think Koli is a good guy.

Come ponder with me about food!
#113 of 116 Old 05-29-2010, 01:48 AM

Quote:

One thing I learned from this season is if you ever go on the Biggest Loser don't ever complain about never having had a boyfriend or girlfriend. They will use that clip over and over and over again.

Not all those who wander are lost 
#114 of 116 Old 05-29-2010, 06:57 PM

Quote:
That was ALOT of boob to lose though. Yes she lost alot of weight, but her breasts were smaller than Alison's. I didn't notice it as much in her dress, but after she changed into her weighing in outfit.

Quote:
He seemed really off at the finale. He seemed jittery and fidgety and when Allison asked him some questions, he seemed terse in his response. Did anyone else get that impression?
I think it was nerves. There were alot of people there, it was live & he was hoping to be in the top 3. At the ranch when he first got there he was jittery, fidgety & slouched bad. As he started to lose the weight & gain self-confidence he didn't do those things as much, especially the slouching. At the finale he was back to how he was when he first got there. After he didn't get the votes to be in the final 3 he probably lost some self-confidence. I think he really wanted to just go home & get away from the crowds, cameras & people for a while.
#115 of 116 Old 06-09-2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxintheSnow View Post
I read something on msn last week with lots of befores and afters of past contestants. Lots if not most gain the weight back. Not all of it, but about 50% of it. It's probably because they lose weight so quickly which has been proven to not be effective long term. Also they need to give them counseling I think.
Anyway, kinda depressing.
Hah! I was digging up this thread just to ask this very question. That is: what is up w/all the past contestants. Are they back to being obese? Links to articles about the past contestants and their life now?
I firmly believe that obesity is never just about exercise and diet. Even counseling, if it only skims the surface but doesn't dig deep, isn't going to be more than a short-term band-aid.
#116 of 116 Old 06-09-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyshoppinghabit View Post
Hah! I was digging up this thread just to ask this very question. That is: what is up w/all the past contestants. Are they back to being obese? Links to articles about the past contestants and their life now?
You can see it here "Where Are They Now?" from the Today Show's website.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/28239000

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page