Is anyone watching the new Project Runway? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 75 Old 04-10-2010, 10:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was confused and a little disappointed by the challenge. I guess it's just me- not the show- personally I have no interest in the circus, hate stripes, polka dots, black and white, glitter, and over-the-top costumey stuff. So the whole inspiration for the designs just didn't excite me at all, and it seemed really basic for a final challenge to get into fashion week! It was so weird to me that they were all like "WOW! The circus is soooooo awesome, it has so much great inspiration!!!" And isn't Ringling Brothers notorious for animal cruelty? You'd think a show like that would be more aware (even though they didn't show any animals).

Anyhow- I think it was justified that Anthony went, and I knew Mila and Jay would stay and make collections, they both should be there for different reasons. I agree with the judges that I don't really know who Jay is as a designer- I really can't put my finger on what his style actually is.

I thought the collar on Seth Aaron's shirt looked absolutely comical!!
#62 of 75 Old 04-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Banned

It seems like EVERYONE (Tim, the other designers) have said Emilio really was obnoxious. I'm not sure he was TERRIBLE but not all that nice either.

I think they should have talked more about Jay... he made that same kind of bottom where he plays with volume. Just this time it worked. I was waiting to see how it would turn out and what they would say when he went after the clown pants! I was thinking, uh oh, making a girl's butt/hips look huge again! But it was like he finally got it right. He doesn't get much screen time so he's sort of a mystery but I don't really care for him or Mila, so who cares. Emilio's dress was awesome, but I still prefer Seth Aaron by far.
#63 of 75 Old 04-11-2010, 10:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just don't understand Jay's pants. He has done those before. Trust me, I don't need anymore "volume" on my thighs. I guess they are for thin people only? Other than that, I love Jay. I think he is adorable and I love most of his designs.

Seth Aaron, ugh. Can he do anything else than that same coat? The collar and sleeves were laughable.

Mila and her black/white with neon pants and top. What, is it 1987 again? She was set up to get to the finals. I am sure the producers would not let 3 men be the top 3 so they had to throw her a bone. Boo.

treehugger.gifearth.gifribbonwhite.gif Anne (31), single WOHM to Karen (5)ribbonyellow.gifshamrocksmile.giffambedsingle1.gifjoy.gif
#64 of 75 Old 04-16-2010, 01:48 PM

RE: last night's episode: OMG, Mila's 3 pc collection was such a snooze fest. Jay showed so much more inspiration throughout the season!!!
#65 of 75 Old 04-16-2010, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyshoppinghabit View Post
RE: last night's episode: OMG, Mila's 3 pc collection was such a snooze fest. Jay showed so much more inspiration throughout the season!!!
I agree! I really want to see Jay's full collection. His look with the silver shirt and leg gators (sp?) was HOT!

But I've read reports that Mila's runway collection was pretty great, so I'm looking forward to seeing it, too. I just want to see Jay's! I wonder if they will put all the collections on the website later, since 10 designers showed collections.

I've been reading Tim Gunn's blog (on mylifetime.com). What he has to say about Emilio this week is very entertaining. Emilio sounds pretty obnoxious.
#66 of 75 Old 04-16-2010, 11:27 PM

slightly OT but the scenes from next week's models of the runway looks interesting!

too bad that myla's in. jay's stuff definitely stuff definitely looked more intriguing than hers.

wife to dh, mama to dd1   june 2007, dd2 march 2009 and dd3 april 2011
#67 of 75 Old 04-17-2010, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyshoppinghabit View Post
I agree! I've been rooting for Mila all this time, but have to honestly say I would have chosen Jay based on what was shown. Mila's looked well made, but boring. Jay's was a bit overdone, but at least it was interesting and I was curious to see more.

Why do they have 10 designers make collections?

Off to read Tim's blog- I can tell that Emilio does not appreciate Tim's input!!
#68 of 75 Old 04-18-2010, 02:51 PM

#69 of 75 Old 04-19-2010, 11:05 AM
Banned

You can see all of Jay's collection here.

I agree, I kind of liked Mila but mostly b/c Jay never really was anyone or did anything besides the garbage bag thing... but this was pretty shocking.
#70 of 75 Old 04-23-2010, 04:29 PM

I thought the winner should have won. I loved that collection the best, by far!

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#71 of 75 Old 04-23-2010, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchgrrl View Post
I thought the winner should have won. I loved that collection the best, by far!
Totally agree! Blew the others right out of the water.
#72 of 75 Old 04-23-2010, 10:48 PM

very VERY happy with the winner

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#73 of 75 Old 04-24-2010, 12:15 AM - Thread Starter

I'm happy with the winner, but to be honest I think if the winner of this season was put up against even some of those who came in second or third of some past seasons it would have been a different story.
#74 of 75 Old 04-24-2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquesce View Post
I'm happy with the winner, but to be honest I think if the winner of this season was put up against even some of those who came in second or third of some past seasons it would have been a different story.
I agree. They were all "good", but I wasn't blown away by any of them. The winner's was the most creative and interesting, but IMO the least wearable.
#75 of 75 Old 04-25-2010, 03:30 PM

I'm happy and shocked with the winner. I was sure that it would be someone else. Yay! I love it when I get my way on these things.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page