LOST - Season 6 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 1122 Old 02-09-2010, 09:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I was in the shower this morning thinking about this., and I am surprised no one else has brought this up yet.

Remember when the “record player” was skipping, and Charlotte was getting worse and worse, and then dying? She said To Daniel that she had been on the island many years ago, when she was a little girl, and a man told her to get off the island and NEVER COME BACK. Well it turned out to be Daniel. And that “scene” was played out when he came back to the island in 77, right before he got shot by his mother. And then Miles said “has anyone considered that perhaps you always HAD set the bomb off? And that perhaps by changing our futures, we should do NOTHING?
#122 of 1122 Old 02-09-2010, 11:03 AM

subbing
#123 of 1122 Old 02-09-2010, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie64g View Post
So I was in the shower this morning thinking about this., and I am surprised no one else has brought this up yet.

Remember when the “record player” was skipping, and Charlotte was getting worse and worse, and then dying? She said To Daniel that she had been on the island many years ago, when she was a little girl, and a man told her to get off the island and NEVER COME BACK. Well it turned out to be Daniel. And that “scene” was played out when he came back to the island in 77, right before he got shot by his mother. And then Miles said “has anyone considered that perhaps you always HAD set the bomb off? And that perhaps by changing our futures, we should do NOTHING?
Exactly!!! People don't give Miles enough credit at all. There's no way, IMO, the parallel timeline was b/c of the bomb b/c obviously that's what was meant to happen and they created the "incident".

I am just so excited about watching the new episode! But I have to wait until tomorrow since I don't have cable.

Enhanced version? What do you mean? Any idea if it will be enhanced online on abc?

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#124 of 1122 Old 02-09-2010, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
Exactly!!! People don't give Miles enough credit at all. There's no way, IMO, the parallel timeline was b/c of the bomb b/c obviously that's what was meant to happen and they created the "incident".

I am just so excited about watching the new episode! But I have to wait until tomorrow since I don't have cable.

Enhanced version? What do you mean? Any idea if it will be enhanced online on abc?
Yea ... but the island looked different in 2007 then it did in 2004 ... it seemed that something had changed ...
#125 of 1122 Old 02-09-2010, 11:56 AM

Do you not have a TV? Becuase its a network station, so you should only need a converter to get it?
#126 of 1122 Old 02-09-2010, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsmama View Post
Yea ... but the island looked different in 2007 then it did in 2004 ... it seemed that something had changed ...
What do you mean it looked different? It looked the same to me....Do you mean the underwater scene? I remember the writers saying to remember that these are not "ALTERNATE" universes, but parrellels.
#127 of 1122 Old 02-09-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Do you not have a TV? Becuase its a network station, so you should only need a converter to get it?
Can you buy those at walmart? I've never owned one.

#128 of 1122 Old 02-09-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
What do you mean it looked different? It looked the same to me....Do you mean the underwater scene? I remember the writers saying to remember that these are not "ALTERNATE" universes, but parrellels.
No ... I mean that last season when Locke and everyone came back on flight 316 ... the Dharma Ville looked a lot different than when the left. I seem to remember bunch of stuff looking strange almost like it was an alternate time.
#129 of 1122 Old 02-09-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
usually the enhanced version has little popups that remind people of pertinent details they may have forgotten.
hulu.com usually has them, if abc.com doesnt

treehugger.gif *CPST*  mama to my three year old DS1 broc1.gif1.31.09 and wedded to angel 8.07  hola.gif

DS 2  waterbirth.jpg 8/18/12!!

#130 of 1122 Old 02-09-2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Can you buy those at walmart? I've never owned one.
Are you in the US? about a year ago, when they were talking about converting everything over to digital, they were offering coupns that would allow people to get a converter box for free. This is handy for people who only ever wanted basic cable, which usually only includes about 4 or 5 local stations. My parents got one for their motorhome. So no more bunny ears.

I tried looking up on walmart.com for you, but the website appears to be going a little kookoo cachoo right now. I believe you can buy them at walmart, and they should be between 25-50.
#131 of 1122 Old 02-09-2010, 02:12 PM

not to nitpick, but basic cable and free broadcast network tv are not the same.

treehugger.gif *CPST*  mama to my three year old DS1 broc1.gif1.31.09 and wedded to angel 8.07  hola.gif

#132 of 1122 Old 02-09-2010, 02:48 PM

ok ok, sorry, bad choice of words.

I get the full package, so I forget how anything OTHER then paid channels is worded.
#133 of 1122 Old 02-09-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle View Post
(Maybe, I don't remember what Ben was doing. I'm sure his eyes were bugging out)

As for no more bunny ears, I don't have cable on every tv I own. So I have a converter box but I still have to hook an antenna up to the converter box in order to get basic stations. And yes, you can buy them at Wal-Mart. Probably Target/Radio Shack/Fry's etc. as well. I don't know if they've gone down in price but when I bought mine they were about $40 each. Maybe $50. I just remember that I got two coupons, had a 10% discount, and ended up paying something like $10 out of pocket for two converters.

When Jack started pounding on Sayid and Kate was telling him to stop it reminded me of when he (at least I think it was Jack) was trying to save Charlie (again, fuzzy on the details, it was whoever was strung up on that tree). I wonder if that was intentional and if so, what it means?

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#134 of 1122 Old 02-09-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttix2 View Post

As for no more bunny ears, I don't have cable on every tv I own. So I have a converter box but I still have to hook an antenna up to the converter box in order to get basic stations. And yes, you can buy them at Wal-Mart. Probably Target/Radio Shack/Fry's etc. as well. I don't know if they've gone down in price but when I bought mine they were about $40 each. Maybe $50. I just remember that I got two coupons, had a 10% discount, and ended up paying something like $10 out of pocket for two converters.

When Jack started pounding on Sayid and Kate was telling him to stop it reminded me of when he (at least I think it was Jack) was trying to save Charlie (again, fuzzy on the details, it was whoever was strung up on that tree). I wonder if that was intentional and if so, what it means?
I thought the same thing about Jack & Kate... (it was Charlie that he saved that time)
#135 of 1122 Old 02-09-2010, 03:37 PM

I just looked it up and Fox is the only thing we even get a moderate signal for around here. So no converter for me.

Look at this post on losttalk.net about the blood/paint on Jack's neck in LA X (1): http://www.losttalk.net/69164-post14.html

And, possible SPOILERS of the preview for tonight's episode. You have been *warned*: http://www.sl-lost.com/2010/02/09/lo...onight-promos/

Good recap video-possible spoilers it said, but I didn't catch any. Watch carefully for some laughs, though: http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/02/09/‘t...-terry-oquinn/

#136 of 1122 Old 02-10-2010, 12:17 AM

Who was actor that played the mechanic who busted Kate's handcuffs? He looked so familiar to me but I just can't place him.

Rebecca, CPST, Navy wife to Chris, furmama to Fenway
#137 of 1122 Old 02-10-2010, 03:01 AM

what the what??? did claire recognize jin or not?

#138 of 1122 Old 02-10-2010, 09:36 AM

Did anyone else catch the little comment Ethan made about poking claire with needles? made me chuckle.
#139 of 1122 Old 02-10-2010, 10:15 AM

I was very happy to see more of Claire last night in the parallel! Also very neat to see the relationship between she & Kate. I was so happy that she lied to the police & helped Kate. I felt like their relationship was very significant, since Kate was the one who ended up caring for Arron. It was weird that Ethan was her doctor! I wonder if Kate & Claire will keep in touch. It might be hard since Kate is running. I'm not hating the parallel as much as I did last week. It is actually really intriguing me to see the parallel outcome. It is hard to wrap my mind around this whole idea but seeing this episode reminded me of the excitement of the flashbacks when we finally got to know each character's back grounds.

Does Kate want to get back with Sawyer? That is what I was feeling....Is Sawyer really not interested? I have a feeling he will come around. What are your thoughts?

Do you trust the new others? I don't know if we should, but I have a feeling that they know what they are talking about & that it was a mistake that Sawyer & Kate ran. What do you think?

It was weird seeing Claire on the island with the gun pointed at Jin. Now that we know that she is "infected" she has been presumably been chosen or whatever by smoky I'm assuming to be on that side which appears to be evil, but at this point that's mostly based on assumptions.

Also remind me, does Jack even know that Claire is his sister? I really want to go back & re-watch from the first season, because I can't remember all the details & things just keep coming up that I should remember. Time to dig out the box sets!

Have you looked at the easter eggs?

Now we have to wait a whole week. I'm going to be seriously depressed when this show is over.

Giving Love serves as a wonderful reminder that we already have an abundance of Love within, "it is in giving that we receive."
#140 of 1122 Old 02-10-2010, 10:35 AM

yes, jack knows. Claires mother showed up at Christians funeral.
#141 of 1122 Old 02-10-2010, 11:14 AM

I was reading a review and someone pointed out that the date on Claire's ultrasound was 10/22/04, which would be a whole month AFTER the plane would have landed in LA. Don't know if there's any signifigance to that, and I didn't notice the date myself. I may end up rewatching the episode to see what other differences there were.

Elizabeth wife to Matt , mom to Logan (2/21/01) , and little man Desmond (9/23/08)

Mourning the loss of her father: Robert Edward Dillon 5/31/52 - 01/03/2011

#142 of 1122 Old 02-10-2010, 12:25 PM

Yes I remember Claire's Mom showed up at the funeral, and is now taking care of Arron, but how did he actually find out that she was his sister? I can't for the life of me remember...

I did not notice the date. Very interesting and mind boggling!!!

Giving Love serves as a wonderful reminder that we already have an abundance of Love within, "it is in giving that we receive."
#143 of 1122 Old 02-10-2010, 12:28 PM

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

#144 of 1122 Old 02-10-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookiePie View Post
Yes I remember Claire's Mom showed up at the funeral, and is now taking care of Arron, but how did he actually find out that she was his sister? I can't for the life of me remember...
Claire's mom actually told Jack(at Christian's funeral) that Christian was in Australia to visit his daughter.

Elizabeth wife to Matt , mom to Logan (2/21/01) , and little man Desmond (9/23/08)

#145 of 1122 Old 02-10-2010, 12:58 PM

I found a screencap of the sonogram date. It does in fact say 10/22/04. You can check it out here

#146 of 1122 Old 02-10-2010, 02:42 PM

I don't know if he was on lost before, but he was in many episodes of Buffy. He was the vampire on her 18th birthday and in a handfull of episodes in the last few seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckC View Post
Who was actor that played the mechanic who busted Kate's handcuffs? He looked so familiar to me but I just can't place him.

, , , , , to DD1 (4.5 years old) and DD2 (7 months) and 2
#147 of 1122 Old 02-10-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naupakamama View Post
I don't know if he was on lost before, but he was in many episodes of Buffy. He was the vampire on her 18th birthday and in a handfull of episodes in the last few seasons.
His name is Jeff Kober and he was also on China Beach with Dana Delany. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0462116/
#148 of 1122 Old 02-10-2010, 03:50 PM

When the leader of the new others says "It happened to your sister". I like TOTALLY took for granted that he even knew WHO claire was, or that she was Jacks sister! Its like I said to myself, "Of course he knows, lol!"
#149 of 1122 Old 02-10-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcal View Post
His name is Jeff Kober and he was also on China Beach with Dana Delany. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0462116/
Thanks! I had to look all through his IMDB profile. I was remembering him from an episode of Charmed 10 years ago!

Rebecca, CPST, Navy wife to Chris, furmama to Fenway
#150 of 1122 Old 02-10-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
When the leader of the new others says "It happened to your sister". I like TOTALLY took for granted that he even knew WHO claire was, or that she was Jacks sister! Its like I said to myself, "Of course he knows, lol!"
Ooh, I missed this part. I was out of the room helping one of my kids with a potty incident. I need to go rewatch it.

Heather Mike Married 8/1/99 Mom to Charlotte Aug 04, Nov 06, and Katherine Oct 07

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page