LOST - Season 6 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1122 Old 01-27-2010, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Did anyone watch season 5's finale last night? It was good to see it, I needed some memory refreshment.
#2 of 1122 Old 01-27-2010, 04:13 PM

I honestly didnt even know it was on.

I actually have the entire season 5 dvred from A YEAR AGO, just incase I wanted to watch again before the final season started
#3 of 1122 Old 01-27-2010, 09:52 PM - Thread Starter

by the way, the title of the thread means to say that it's the last season of the series, not the previous season.
#4 of 1122 Old 01-27-2010, 10:19 PM

I really need to be refreshed on last season. Basically, all I remember is that there was a plane and it crashed on an island.
#5 of 1122 Old 01-28-2010, 09:15 PM

you can watch all of season 5 online for free w/ limited commercials on abc.com

Mom to Iris and Henry
#6 of 1122 Old 01-29-2010, 10:07 AM

I tuned into that episode the other night. It was so good to refresh. I still bawled over sawyer and juliette. Just breaks my heart.
#7 of 1122 Old 01-29-2010, 01:26 PM

I read the entire (56 or so pages..) of the season 5 thread to get ready to watch! (and i read it all in two sittings )
now I feel ready!
can't wait for feb 2! (feb 3, probably.. we normally watch on hulu)
isn't feb 2 groundhogs day? anyone remember that movie where Bill Murray re-lives his day over and over? funny day for lost to premier!

treehugger.gif *CPST*  mama to my three year old DS1 broc1.gif1.31.09 and wedded to angel 8.07  hola.gif

DS 2  waterbirth.jpg 8/18/12!!

#8 of 1122 Old 01-29-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadiMamacita View Post
I read the entire (56 or so pages..) of the season 5 thread to get ready to watch! (and i read it all in two sittings )
now I feel ready!
isn't feb 2 groundhogs day? anyone remember that movie where Bill Murray re-lives his day over and over? funny day for lost to premier!

You might be onto something MadiMama!!! That might not be a coincidence. I am going to go google Lost and Groundhogs day now.
#9 of 1122 Old 01-29-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie64g View Post
I am going to go google Lost and Groundhogs day now.
ok, report back when you find something!

treehugger.gif *CPST*  mama to my three year old DS1 broc1.gif1.31.09 and wedded to angel 8.07  hola.gif

#10 of 1122 Old 01-29-2010, 03:47 PM

Whoa, yeah I bet the date wasn't an accident! Good thinking! I'm also glad I re-watched the season 5 finale this week. I knew what was coming with Sawyer and Juliette and I still cried.

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#11 of 1122 Old 01-29-2010, 05:16 PM

three times now someone has asked if I can do something on Feb 2 and I know there is something important going on, but I can't remember what.. oh yeah, its the start of LOST!

#12 of 1122 Old 01-30-2010, 01:05 AM

I have all the previous seasons on blu ray and was debating watching last season over again in prep for the final one but never got around to it. Oh well. I guess I'll just watch the recap LOL
#13 of 1122 Old 01-30-2010, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadiMamacita View Post
now I feel ready!
I'll be watching it online as well. I know it will be hard to not check this thread the morning after though. I'm glad to know I won't be the only one that has to wait for the next day to watch it.

Did anyone find out if groundhog day is significant? It does kinda make sense because they were in 1977 trying to prevent an event from happening many years into the future..... and the island skips through time sometimes...... Good catch!

I just finished re-watching season 1. It had been so long and when I watched it the first time around I didn't realize that it was the type of show where you literally have to pay attention to every.single.thing. So I refreshed and to kill the time between now and 2/3 I am going to watch other old episodes. The tension is driving me nuts! All the teasers every time I go on abc.com!
#14 of 1122 Old 01-31-2010, 12:34 PM

I really hated Juliette until the last episode. That one episode erased all my bad feelings towards the character. Or... I realized she was going to die and I felt I could be generous and like her. I hope that she stays dead so I can continue liking her, but I'm betting she won't.

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#15 of 1122 Old 01-31-2010, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttix2 View Post
I really hated Juliette until the last episode. That one episode erased all my bad feelings towards the character. Or... I realized she was going to die and I felt I could be generous and like her. I hope that she stays dead so I can continue liking her, but I'm betting she won't.
I am hoping that she is alive again so that her and sawyer can get together. They just have to have the perfect ending together.
#16 of 1122 Old 01-31-2010, 05:19 PM

yay, just got to watch 1/2 of the finale last night and knew there would be a thread here! I had forgotten so much, I really needed the refresher! Looking forward to talking about it with you all!
#17 of 1122 Old 02-01-2010, 03:07 PM

I have been a Lost fan since it first started and in prep for the first episode of the last season I have spent the last 2 wks watching the ENTIRE series (seasons 1-5) on hulu. I am ready baby!

Even though I didn't miss previous eps, I still felt kind of fuzzy about some stuff but now I think I know what's going on.

I also teared up when Juliet died watching it the second time. It was so sad, and I felt like Sawyer's reaction was so raw and genuine. Despite how he felt/still feels about Kate, he really loved Juliet. Now I am wondering if the season will start out where he thinks she's dead (bc I doubt it will have erased everything yk?) and then he starts falling for Kate again, but then Juliet comes back?

I didn't dislike Juliet in previous episodes but I feel bad for her bc she's been second choice for both Jack and Sawyer. I can understand the attraction of Kate (and I really like her), for Jack bc she is so damaged and needs rescuing and for Sawyer bc he identifies w/her and feels like he doesn't need to pretend.

Interestingly enough, I also feel like Sawyer's relationship w/Juliet and his new life w/the Dharma Initiative may have allowed him some personal growth that make him an even better match for Kate and would allow him to love her like he wanted to the first time.

I can't wait to find out about what happened to Claire. It wasn't really addressed, and she better have a darn good reason why she left Aaron behind w/no food (how did they feed him by the way????).

Very, very intersting altogether. Although I am sad for it to end, I am excited about finally getting some answers to all the questions.

What are your most burning questions?

Sorry for the novel, I am excited!

Wife to dh, Mommy to ds1 12/2002, ds2 9/2005, and ds3 9/2008.
#18 of 1122 Old 02-01-2010, 03:43 PM

I've always like Juliette. Her character is more complicated than Kate's. I don't think she's dead. I mean, if the blast kills her then it kills everyone, right? She survived the fall. Maybe she has a broken leg or something, but I don't think she's dead.

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#19 of 1122 Old 02-01-2010, 08:29 PM

My oldest daughters and I have recently became hooked on Lost, too. We are hoping to finish up the 5th season before the 3rd of this month, when we hope to watch the 6th season premiere on Hulu.

We've got about 8 episodes left of Season 5 to watch...hmmmm, I am wondering how to manage a Lost marathon, and still get meals and laundry done!

Do you think the kids can take care of themselves for the day!! J/K
#20 of 1122 Old 02-01-2010, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyam926 View Post

What are your most burning questions?

Sorry for the novel, I am excited!
i'm in the middle of making dinner, but I'm coming back to work through your post!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchgrrl View Post
I mean, if the blast kills her then it kills everyone, right? She survived the fall.

why didn't i think of that?

#21 of 1122 Old 02-01-2010, 11:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I have more to post later, but dh is waiting for me on here so we can watch the last few episodes of season 5.

Can you watch it immediately on abc or netflix? I think you can with Heroes, but we usually watch on Netflix and don't have cable and I can NOT wait for the first episode! I've spent like 2 hours today watching spoiler clips of the first episode and reading interviews...

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#22 of 1122 Old 02-01-2010, 11:56 PM

Hello! I've just watched all 5 seasons of Lost in the past 3 weeks for the first time. Needless to say, I am hooked. I can't wait for tomorrow! Is it supposed to be 2 or 3 hours long?
#23 of 1122 Old 02-01-2010, 11:59 PM

Quote:

I also teared up when Juliet died watching it the second time. It was so sad, and I felt like Sawyer's reaction was so raw and genuine. Despite how he felt/still feels about Kate, he really loved Juliet. Now I am wondering if the season will start out where he thinks she's dead (bc I doubt it will have erased everything yk?) and then he starts falling for Kate again, but then Juliet comes back?
I don't think we know if Juliet is dead! I don't think she is!
#24 of 1122 Old 02-02-2010, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
I have more to post later, but dh is waiting for me on here so we can watch the last few episodes of season 5.

Can you watch it immediately on abc or netflix? I think you can with Heroes, but we usually watch on Netflix and don't have cable and I can NOT wait for the first episode! I've spent like 2 hours today watching spoiler clips of the first episode and reading interviews...
You can watch the entire series on Netflix watch it now.
#25 of 1122 Old 02-02-2010, 12:06 AM

Couldn't the bomb have just killed Juliet and not the rest of the people bc she was right next to the bomb? I know it's a hydrogen (right?) bomb but she could have just been killed by the explosives I think?????

I just don't see how they can keep Juliet alive right off the bat and then have Sawyer and Kate get complicated again w/out making Sawyer look like a jerk. The love triangle, or quandrangle when you throw in Jack, is much too interesting a story line for the writers to not include it in the last season.

I think Sawyer is my fave character bc of how complicated and wounded he is. His vulnerability makes him compelling. The sexiness doesn't hurt either!

Wife to dh, Mommy to ds1 12/2002, ds2 9/2005, and ds3 9/2008.
#26 of 1122 Old 02-02-2010, 01:28 AM

subbing again for the last season!

I LOVE Richard. He is my fav. Hot as H*ll and very interesting. Like many of you, I'll be watching on the internet as we don't have a tv. Its going to be so tempting to check this thread tomorrow after it airs.

I'm super excited!!!!!
#27 of 1122 Old 02-02-2010, 02:00 AM

You should be able to watch the premiere on Wednesday on either Hulu.com or ABC.com. That's how I'll be watching because we don't have cable either.

Elizabeth wife to Matt , mom to Logan (2/21/01) , and little man Desmond (9/23/08)

Mourning the loss of her father: Robert Edward Dillon 5/31/52 - 01/03/2011

#28 of 1122 Old 02-02-2010, 02:11 AM

This thread makes me glad there is a recap epi before the season premiere tomorrow night. I've forgotten so much!

Wife to a great DH, SAHM to 3 great kids
#29 of 1122 Old 02-02-2010, 10:15 AM

Tonight is the night!!!
The kids are going to bed early and dh and I are popping popcorn. I think there should be some yummy cake too. Oh no, I will make chocolate chip cookies to go with it. I wish all you Losties lived nearby, I would invite you all over for a party.
#30 of 1122 Old 02-02-2010, 12:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
I think they are starting over-over from the first minute of episode 1 they released. But I have a feeling Juliet will keep popping up in his mind somehow. They were so perfect and happy together! At this point, I don't like Kate anymore with how she teases both Jack and Sawyer. It's so maddening. Just let Sawyer be happy dang it!

Quote:
I didn't dislike Juliet in previous episodes but I feel bad for her bc she's been second choice for both Jack and Sawyer. I can understand the attraction of Kate (and I really like her), for Jack bc she is so damaged and needs rescuing and for Sawyer bc he identifies w/her and feels like he doesn't need to pretend.
I actually have always liked her. She seems down to earth and real, but somehow sad and broken at the same time. She's the one female character from the show I feel the most connected to. I just hope she becomes happy in the next season.

Quote:
I can't wait to find out about what happened to Claire. It wasn't really addressed, and she better have a darn good reason why she left Aaron behind w/no food (how did they feed him by the way????).
OMG, me too! That poor baby. The first thing I thought when she ran off was "What about baby Aaron's nursies?" I wonder if she's dead because I can't see her just leaving him. And they are bringing her back next season, so I hope they explain that.

On the 12 days of Lostmas special they gave away some clues. One was that Sayid might die and I LOVE Sayid, so they can't kill him.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ply&p=15014126
We watched all 5 seasons on netflix so far, I forgot to add a few words in there-anyone know if you can watch the *new* episodes on netflix (without the dreaded commercials) instead of ABC? The quality and watching is better on netflix without the ads and such. Heroes you can watch this season on netflix-but I don't know if right away (I always forget for a day or two).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post
Tonight is the night!!!
The kids are going to bed early and dh and I are popping popcorn. I think there should be some yummy cake too. Oh no, I will make chocolate chip cookies to go with it. I wish all you Losties lived nearby, I would invite you all over for a party.
A LOST party sounds awesome! If you're in Southern IL, give me a pm. I don't have any Lostie friends to share my obsession with besides dh and I am such a dork I have all these LOST t-shirts on my wish list and such and no one knows what I'm talking about.

I think I'll put a movie on for the kids or put them to bed early so we can watch tonight, too. I'll probably be sitting like thisclose to the computer, too, so I can catch all the nuances.

Did anyone see these: (no guarantees about spoilers!)

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Statue_of_Taweret
The statue is Taweret-Egyptian goddess of protection, birth, and fertility. Does the fact that women on the island can't have babies/die have to do with the destruction of the statue? She's also connected with the Northern Sky-any correlation to North not pointing to True North on the island for Sayid & everyone?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taweret
"When Set fell from grace in the Egyptian pantheon, as a result of being favoured by the unpopular Hyksos rulers, he gradually took over the position of Apep, as the god of evil. With this change away from Apep, Taweret became seen only as the concubine of Set. She was seen as concubine rather than wife, as Set already was married to the extremely different goddess, Nephthys, to whom no parallels could be drawn. It then was said that Taweret had been an evil goddess, but changed her ways and held Set back on a chain."

http://www.approachinglost.com/files...dQuestions.pdf

http://www.cracked.com/article_15838...they-wont.html

And I took this quiz and got Ben. Yikes! http://www.buddytv.com/closedquiz/cl...z.aspx?quiz=33

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page