Survivor: Favorites vs Villians - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 116 Old 04-09-2010, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wish they'd bring back an exile island and keep the hidden idols in the game also. I do not like Rupurt this season. I loved him before, but his voice is annoying me. Maybe PMS or something I'm looking forward to a new survivor season with new people.
#62 of 116 Old 04-09-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaken View Post
Well, a lot of the life of the game has gone out of it for me, with Rob and Coach gone. In the past I just could not STAND Rob, but this season I was rooting for him! I guess against Russell, anyone looks like a good guy! And Coach was annoying in his season, but he really did seem like a hero this time! The rivalry between the alpha males kept it interesting, and now we're left with some not-so-interesting characters, Sandra, Courtney, Danielle- Blah. Parvati- ugh. Of course I'll keep watching, though!

Do you think they'll merge next week, or not at all like they did one season?
I really miss Boston Rob and will miss Coach too. I'll be watching though----and rooting AGAINST Russell.

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.
#63 of 116 Old 04-09-2010, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandasMom View Post
I can't belive russell fell for Sandra's BS.
She got his # big time. Played him like a fiddle! I can't wait for him to GO.

#64 of 116 Old 04-09-2010, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

I love Russell
#65 of 116 Old 04-09-2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandasMom View Post
I can't belive russell fell for Sandra's BS.
Except he didn't, ultimately. If you look at the scene of the votes at the end, Russell voted for Courtney, NOT Coach.

Just wanted to post this paragraph from MSNBC's wrap-up. The last line had me cracking up.

Quote:
The Villains still have a chance, because Hero JT's sexist assumption was that Boston Rob's exit was orchestrated by the women on the Villains tribe. He believes that means he might confide in and trust Russell, who, as we all know, is controlling the tribe, the game, the tides and solar system.
#66 of 116 Old 04-09-2010, 11:26 PM

I think Coach leaving will actually benefit Russell if he makes it to the merge. I think it will further reinforce the idea the Heroes have that there's a female alliance. It looks to them like all the women are banding together and knocking off the guys one by one, from strongest to weakest.
#67 of 116 Old 04-23-2010, 04:37 PM

Did anyone watch last night? That was GOOD! I was laughing when she gave the first idol to Sandra and it showed the Heros and they were all smiling thinking it was in the bag and then she pulled out the second one and their faces just fell... It was PRICELESS!! Even Jerri was speechless. I think Parvati just showed people why she is a threat she makes bold moves- remember way back when she played and she was the one to vote out Ozzy? That was a huge deal then.

Amanda pretty much ruined it for the heroes. She is not a good poker player and completely ruined it when she was so adamant that she play the idol that night on herself. Parvati called her bluff right away. Next week looks good. Russell is pissed! And the Heroes have been taken down several notches- not to mention Sandra and Jerri now feel obligated to help Parvati. I really hope the final 2 end up being Parvati and Russell! They have playe dthe game the best so far.
#68 of 116 Old 04-23-2010, 05:39 PM

Parvati is one baaad beyotch. Love her. And the look on Russell's face was priceless. That sure put him in his place for a minute. One of the best Tribal Councils ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr View Post
Did anyone watch last night? That was GOOD! I was laughing when she gave the first idol to Sandra and it showed the Heros and they were all smiling thinking it was in the bag and then she pulled out the second one and their faces just fell... It was PRICELESS!! Even Jerri was speechless. I think Parvati just showed people why she is a threat she makes bold moves- remember way back when she played and she was the one to vote out Ozzy? That was a huge deal then.

Amanda pretty much ruined it for the heroes. She is not a good poker player and completely ruined it when she was so adamant that she play the idol that night on herself. Parvati called her bluff right away. Next week looks good. Russell is pissed! And the Heroes have been taken down several notches- not to mention Sandra and Jerri now feel obligated to help Parvati. I really hope the final 2 end up being Parvati and Russell! They have playe dthe game the best so far.

#69 of 116 Old 04-23-2010, 06:28 PM

Best episode EVER last night!!!

I wonder if Sandra was genuine by "warning" the heroes cause it did lead to them loosing a player?

I thought we heard the end of the banana thing.

Any predictions on who will be voted out next week?
#70 of 116 Old 04-23-2010, 07:54 PM

I couldn't believe what Parvati did last night! Though, she's really going to need to watch her back now. The Heroes and Russell are both going to be gunning for her. It was a huge, bold move but if she's not careful it could be the thing that takes her out of the game.

Elizabeth wife to Matt , mom to Logan (2/21/01) , and little man Desmond (9/23/08)

Mourning the loss of her father: Robert Edward Dillon 5/31/52 - 01/03/2011

#71 of 116 Old 04-23-2010, 10:09 PM

yes it was bold. Either Russel will like what she did or go after her. I hope Jerri & Sandra don't side with her just becuase she did that. If they hadn't merged Sandra & Jerri were the next 2 to go & they should remember that.

I don't understand why JT still thought it was okay to trust Russel. I can't figure out where his mind went.

I wish they had put Russel's name down instead. After the merge it's smarter to get rid of the physically stronger people asap.
#72 of 116 Old 04-24-2010, 12:33 AM

I have been thoroughly enjoying this season. While Russell is a snake, I enjoy watching him play the game. I think he has soured enough people against him that he doesn't stand a chance of winning in the end even if he makes it to the final two, though. I get the feeling he doesn't think about that enough - he just assumes that everyone will respect how he has played and vote for him but I think he makes too many enemies.

I loved the last tribal, though. That was the best!
#73 of 116 Old 04-24-2010, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMF View Post
I don't understand why JT still thought it was okay to trust Russel. I can't figure out where his mind went.
What was it JT said, "we can trust him, he is a good country boy."
#74 of 116 Old 04-24-2010, 08:03 PM

That was a great episode!! I love it that this show can still be exciting after so many seasons!

Ok so let me get this straight- how did Parvati know that she didn't need her idols, and that she wasn't going to get voted out? What did Amanda say that convinced her? She gave them to Sandra and Jerri to increase the villians odds that whoever the heroes had voted for, the villians votes would be greater and a hero would go home. right? it makes my head spin.

I agree, I think now she will be a huge target and Russell will hate her for not telling him about her idol and for planning moves without her, and she will also win over Jerri and Sandra, and possibly others will want to side with her because they see she's in control!

And duh, JT, the lack of food must have really gotten to him because I don't know WHY he would make such huge assumptions, about the all female alliance, and then about Parvati having and playing an idol! Not smart!!
#75 of 116 Old 04-27-2010, 04:40 PM

Parvati went to Amanda to feel her out as see what the Heroes were thinking. Amanda knew Parvati had (1) idol but not 2. They were going to try and flush it out and get her to play it. Amanda not so subtely AT ALL told Parvati play your idol like 3 times, just in case. Parvati later told the cameras that talking to Amanda taught her 2 things. 1. they want to flush her idol and 2. They were not going to vote for her. So Parvati knew they were testing Russell in a sense and that they weren't going to vote for her so that left Sandra and Jerri. By giving her idols away she both earned their trust and now the Heroes are down in numbers and the Villains can pick them off one by one.
#76 of 116 Old 05-06-2010, 10:05 PM

This episode was the best! Rupert is the best with his fake idol. I really hope that parv gets voted out next week.

Go Heroes!!
#77 of 116 Old 05-07-2010, 08:48 AM

This has really been a great season! Every episode we're on the edge or our seats!

The whole Danielle thing came out of no where!

They all think Russell is so evil now, WHY does it never come up to vote him out of there?!?! how long are they going to let this go on? It's like it's inevitable that he wins and they aren't even going to fight it- I want to see a big move pulled! Heck, at this point I want to see Parvati pull one over on him, and she is one of my least favorite players of all time!

Poor Colby, he just seems so blah, not the old Colby we knew! And Jerri is so laid back as well, not scheming. I'm getting more respect for Sandra!
#78 of 116 Old 05-07-2010, 01:09 PM

i want parvati to take russell out! i would actually like to see her win again. i don't need to see rupert or colby win... no one really has the numbers now... every episode keep me guessing.
#79 of 116 Old 05-07-2010, 02:53 PM

I think if Russell didn't have immunity he would have been gone. Parvati is smart and Russel just took away her #2 so I think she will make a move next week. Honestly Parvati is a good player. She makes strategical moves and is very smart so I would love to see her win- again.

Colby can just go- blah. What a waste of a Hero on the roster... I think the only reason he is still here is because he sucks at challenges and isn't smart enough to make a move.

I wouldn't be suprised if next week Sandra and Parvati team up and try to oust Russell. Not sure if I want to see him leave though because I think it will be boring without him. I really thought Danielle had a good chance at final 3.
#80 of 116 Old 05-07-2010, 04:46 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I usually hate the Russel like villans but I just love that guy!

I totally think he should have won last season and I totally think he should win again... Although his idol finding this season is sucking a bit... I wonder if he is still out looking (sandra didn't really do a good job of rehiding on the fly) and they just aren't showing it.

I think that is my least favorite part of survivor... The game is Outwit, Outlast, Outplay... not who do you like the best in the end... I know that "riding coat tails" seems to be the best way to play because you don't often ruffle feathers but they often don't DO anything.

I seriously think Russel deserves to win.

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#81 of 116 Old 05-08-2010, 09:50 AM

glad to see it here. I wondered about why JT so blindly trusted Russell too, given how Russell plays... then I found out that this season, Heroes vs Villians was taped immediately following last season. So no one had seen Russell play yet. I was glad to know that cuz I thought they were all stupid, but now it makes sense. At first, I thought maybe JT and Russell had a secret alliance worked out before taping began, but that probably can't happen. The way Sugar acted on the first show I think was an act to get off the show. Maybe the first one voted off gets a prize or something, but I am pretty sure she was being annoying on purpose. Maybe she just wanted to get her other 15 min of fame. I too can't believe Russell makes it so far. I want to say something and hope no one is offended... but I think he must have it going on IYKWIM. He must be hung and the ladies are having their way with him. That is the best I can figure. I wonder why this show doesn't show that sort of thing (I don't mean graphically of course) but some sort of coupling has to be going on, right? I really wondered at the state of the world when Jerri was talking a few weeks ago about how people were split up into rob's camp and russell's. I don't remember the exact quote, but it somehow made me feel the women on the villians tribe felt they needed a male to be the 'leader'. I was thinking at that time they should make a female alliance... and what do the ladies do when AF shows up? Jerri must have a brush cuz her hair is gorgeous. I still want Rupert to win because he does good work with the money as far as I have heard. He helps people with it. Plus I would like it if someone called a 'Hero' would win just to say something about society. sorry if I am jumbled, my 17 mo gets mad when I type, took me hours to get this out without hurting her feelings... looking forward to next week when parvati and sandra band with colby and rupert to oust russell. that would be my hope anyway, i dont have any inside info or anything... if we are basing the winner on who plays the best game, i think i would have to say parvati, she is much smarter than russell and proved it when she gave the idols to jerri and sandra that night. she has really played the game from day one.

To begin to save the world, we must first nurture the children. Read "The Continuum Concept: In Search of Happiness Lost"    saynovax.gifgoorganic.jpgintactlact.gifMe-hippie.gifreading.gifhelp.gif10.5 yo dd1- nut.gifreading.gifblahblah.gif ; 5 yo dd2- angel.gifhearts.gifbouncy.gif
#82 of 116 Old 05-08-2010, 04:42 PM

Can someone explain to me how pretending to have an idol helped rupert? Wouldnt that just make him a target?

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

#83 of 116 Old 05-08-2010, 05:32 PM

It did make Rupert a target, but the Villains thought they would get around it by splitting their votes (3 for Rupert, 3 Candice). If they were smart they would have split them between Rupert and Colby and then it would have worked, but the girls started pushing for it to be Candice instead thinking they could somehow control Colby easier (huh???).

Anyway, Rupert and Colby either figured this might happen, or Colby heard them planning it - I'm not positive on that part. So those two voted for Candice and it ended up being her that went home. I was so thrilled to finally see a Hero plan work out!

read.gif mama to 2 dust.gifhomeschool.giftreehugger.gifsaynovax.gifRainbow.gif
#84 of 116 Old 05-08-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
the girls started pushing for it to be Candice instead thinking they could somehow control Colby easier (huh???).
They couldn't trust Candice because she flipped so easily & quickly against Rupert & Coby.

The way they showed it, it seemed Coby overheard them(can't remember if it was just the girls) talking about splitting the votes between Rupert & Candice.
#85 of 116 Old 05-08-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxintheSnow View Post
Can someone explain to me how pretending to have an idol helped rupert? Wouldnt that just make him a target?
It helped him because the villians would not all vote for him if they thought he had the idol, because then the only votes that counted would be the ones placed by Rupert and Colby. I'm sure Rupert knew it easily could have been Colby that left instead of Candice, but he had to take a shot at saving himself either way!

Somebody refresh my memory- Didn't someone make a fake idol once and give to another person who actually tried to play it? Who was that??

I never did like Russell very much, though I do appreciate the fact that he's kept things interesting. I think he's starting to lose his grip now, seems like he's getting really desperate- Whereas Parvati stills seems very cool and collected. He's definately not in as much control as he thought he was. I do think his days are numbered!

It should be interesting to see how Sandra's idol plays out, hmm?

I actually find myself rooting for Jerri to win this time (funny cause I hated her so much way back then! lol)
#86 of 116 Old 05-08-2010, 09:40 PM

Jerri and Colby are kinda under the radar right now it seems. It's hard to trust their conversations as shown to us because they probably have 10x the conversations we see. I mean what else do they have to do but sit around and blab?

#87 of 116 Old 05-08-2010, 09:50 PM

I'm hoping Jerri & Sandra will side with Colby & Rupert and get rid of Russell & Parvati. It is funny for me too because I hated Jerri back in the day too. She's just been pretty blah this time and content to follow where anyone will lead her. I've hated Russell from the start of the previous season, so I will be very glad to see him go (hopefully next).

read.gif mama to 2 dust.gifhomeschool.giftreehugger.gifsaynovax.gifRainbow.gif
#88 of 116 Old 05-08-2010, 11:51 PM

I hope Rupert is the next to go. He grates my nerves! I'm a big Russell fan. He's a slimy man, but he plays the game!

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#89 of 116 Old 05-10-2010, 06:09 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I can't remember who asked but Russel is happily married... I don't think he is "having his way with the ladies" I just think he is someone who truely knows how to play the game...

Jerri won't leave Russel... she pledged her alligence to him. And that's why Coach ended up having to side with Russel because he was with Jerri and the two of them are all "we stand by our word"... And why Coach threw away his vote at the end so that he could keep his word.

Both DH and I really like Rupert the last season but this one he just is annoying.

Colby just seems to have given up. So who knows what is happening with him...

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#90 of 116 Old 05-10-2010, 07:50 PM

I know, my mom is always complaining about how stupid they are and what stupid moves they make, but then she hates Russell. Go figure!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page