Survivor: Favorites vs Villians - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 116 Old 02-11-2010, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm so excited for this new survivor! I went into labor during Survivor's first season, and I was so in love with the show that I refused to go to the hospital until it was over. This was back in August 2000.

Russell, Cirie, Sugar, James and Rupert are my favorites to win.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 116 Old 02-11-2010, 01:26 PM

I'm excited too.

Live and love with your whole being.
#3 of 116 Old 02-11-2010, 09:09 PM

I am excited for tonight! And for once I actually knew the start date ahead of time and set the DVR! usually i don't know it's coming, and miss the first show until i see a thread here!

That is funny about being in labor during Survivor! I just had a baby 8 weeks ago and dh and i watched the first all-stars season on dvd while i labored!
#4 of 116 Old 02-12-2010, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

I'm really surprised at how much Boston Rob has changed! Being married and having a baby has changed him for the better. I actually like him now. he was awesome starting the fire from scratch. James still looks smokin' hot. Should be an interesting season. I thought Richard Hatch was supposed to be on it?
#5 of 116 Old 02-12-2010, 02:16 PM

i'm here, liked the first episode...
#6 of 116 Old 02-12-2010, 03:04 PM

I thought it was a pretty good show last night. I'm confused as to how Sugar was chosen to be on the show. It's great to see Stephanie and James and Cirie and the others again. Boston Rob is hilarious.

wild.gif  kickin' it old school
#7 of 116 Old 02-12-2010, 03:56 PM

I saw it too - it was great!!

Anybody know what happens to Rob? It looks pretty serious from the previews.
#8 of 116 Old 02-12-2010, 11:48 PM

it was a good show! for once a show lived up to my expectations!

Sugar was super annoying! although I was laughing about poor Colby being chased around the shelter by her and her keeping everyone up at night! Colby was chased after by Jerri the first time, now Sugar! And he put up with Shii Ann in the all stars season. He is always having to put up with crazy women and he hides his annoyance so well!

Jerri and Coach!!! Never would have seen that coming! That would be cute if something came of it!

I am so curious how it's going to play out with all the alpha males- esp. Russell and Rob- they are both leader of the pack types who aren't going to bow to anyone. I think Rob's being good at everything is going to infuriate Russell, and I wonder how it will affect his game.

Some of those players, I have no idea why they're there- Candice, Danielle, and Sandra are completely not memorable! And I wouldn't exactly classify Coach and Tyson as villians...but oh well, I'm glad they're back because they're hilarious! Tyson's comment about Colby should just give up and become a woman after Coach dragged him in the challenge!
#9 of 116 Old 02-13-2010, 02:57 PM

I thought it was a great first episode. On a few seasons it was hard for me to get into it because the first episodes were uneventful, but not this one.
I heart Rupert!

Desert Dyeworks Hey, we like color and silk!
Check out our 10% multiple items discount!
#10 of 116 Old 02-13-2010, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter

I wonder what's up with Boston Rob next week? I agree about Candice, Danielle, and Sandra, I remember the names but that's all. I also don't remember some of those who won the million already! I also thought that Richard Hatch was supposed to be on the show. And, did they tape this right after Russells survivor? Do they maybe have no idea who he is or how he plays?
#11 of 116 Old 02-13-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandasMom View Post
I wonder what's up with Boston Rob next week? I agree about Candice, Danielle, and Sandra, I remember the names but that's all. I also don't remember some of those who won the million already! I also thought that Richard Hatch was supposed to be on the show. And, did they tape this right after Russells survivor? Do they maybe have no idea who he is or how he plays?
I feel like I heard something along the way about his legal trouble preventing him from playing. Of course, that is speculation on my part.

As far as Russell goes, Parvarti made a comment after he approached her about an alliance that she knew he was talking to everybody else.

Desert Dyeworks Hey, we like color and silk!
Check out our 10% multiple items discount!
#12 of 116 Old 02-13-2010, 11:19 PM

I'm excited for the season and honestly glad Sugar is gone. She was starting to annoy me already! I"m anxious to see how the Boston Rob thing rolls out...

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

#13 of 116 Old 02-15-2010, 09:52 PM

SO glad that Sugar went home. It was funny, because at the first challenge when she was all "Who needs a bikini top?" I lol'ed and was like "Yes! Good for you!" But by the time she was stalking Colby around the shelter, and then the crying when they lost the second challenge...I was so annoyed by her!

According to Television Without Pity, this season started production before last season aired, so no one has seen Russell play. But considering most of the players have been around the island a couple times, I don't expect them to be taken in by his game.

DH 2006, DS 1995, DD 2000, One Shih Tzu and one very cranky cat
#14 of 116 Old 02-16-2010, 10:20 AM

I DVRed Survivor and finally got around to watching it yesterday. I'm excited for this season. I can't believe it's #20! I missed several seasons here and there so I don't recognize all the players this time. Colby was one of my all time favorites and I even kinda like Jerri too (the Austrailian Outback was my favorite season ever). I loved Sugar in whichever season she was one before, but she did seem completely annoying this time. Rupert of course I love but there's no way he's ever going to win. Tom is going to go far, no doubt. I didn't see Russell's season; can't say I'm crazy about him but he'll be interesting to watch. Wonder what happens to Boston Rob?? I remember when he and Amber were on together- I love when players hook up, lol. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with Coach and Jerri. I must have missed Coach's season too, I don't remember him at all. Is he really such a dork or was that just because he was trying to impress Jerri? lol
#15 of 116 Old 02-16-2010, 01:15 PM

Coach really is a dork like that. I can't remember what season he was on, but he was SO annoying. I wouldn't call him a villain either - just clueless and full of himself.
#16 of 116 Old 02-16-2010, 08:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaken View Post
Tyson's comment about Colby should just give up and become a woman after Coach dragged him in the challenge!
Loved it! I didn't like tyson when he was on past season, but I am actually glad to see him. Is it cause he is so mean?
#17 of 116 Old 02-16-2010, 09:54 PM

I am so excited for this season! They have some great characters back (and a few unmemorable ones--Danielle? Amanda? Blond girl on villains tribe?) But I, too, am confused about Russell--how was he voted one of the greatest villains of all time, as Jeff Probst said, if his season hadn't aired yet? Maybe the producers just recognized his villainous charisma? Anyway, good times ahead.

AP mama to two boys (5 , 3) fencing.gifand one sweet girl baby energy.gif
#18 of 116 Old 02-17-2010, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starry-eyedMom View Post
I am so excited for this season! They have some great characters back (and a few unmemorable ones--Danielle? Amanda? Blond girl on villains tribe?) But I, too, am confused about Russell--how was he voted one of the greatest villains of all time, as Jeff Probst said, if his season hadn't aired yet? Maybe the producers just recognized his villainous charisma? Anyway, good times ahead.
Russell was on last season.
#19 of 116 Old 03-09-2010, 04:00 PM

I'm joining in! I can't believe Cirie was voted off - but it was definitely a good call by all the guys, she's so manipulative and so good at the game! I loved how everyone was so surprised at Tribal Council, I love it when people get blindsided like that!

Russell is hilarious, and soooo jealous that Boston Rob is inc ontrol of the Villians. I also LOVE that Coach is on the Villian side and claiming that he is the only noble and honest person left!
#20 of 116 Old 03-09-2010, 08:30 PM

OMG, I love Coach even more this season! He is hilarious. I was hoping they'd show more of him and Jerri. I want to know more about his life, how he splits his time between orchestra conducting and soccer coaching and all his crazy adventures on the Amazon!

I love it that Russell seems like a little fish in a big pond, compared to when he was such a big guy and controlling the game last season. Interesting to see so many strong players, espl. Boston Rob, not getting taken in by him, and how frustrated he gets!

I love blindsides! It was kind of boring last week when Randy went, that was a really obvious vote.

I don't understand why Colby and Tom are on the outside of the tribe? They seemed like such cool, and strong guys on their seasons. Why would they be disliked?

I also find it interesting how time and age has affected the players- esp. Colby and Rob. Seeing them several years older, and Rob as a husband and dad, adds another dynamic.
#21 of 116 Old 03-10-2010, 01:49 PM

I really liked Cirie in the fans faves season, but I was so glad to see her gone this time around.

I am rooting for JT and hope he goes far. He is just a really nice guy.
#22 of 116 Old 03-25-2010, 07:53 AM

Last nights episode was great. I so thought that James was staying.

And I thought that Russell was going and was jumping off the couch when he gave the idol to Parvati. Smart move though. I missed who the 3 votes were that voted Tyson out. Parv, Russell, and ???
#23 of 116 Old 03-25-2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post
Last nights episode was great. I so thought that James was staying.

And I thought that Russell was going and was jumping off the couch when he gave the idol to Parvati. Smart move though. I missed who the 3 votes were that voted Tyson out. Parv, Russell, and ???
Danielle

Live and love with your whole being.
#24 of 116 Old 03-25-2010, 11:15 AM

I don't know how anyone could align themselves with parvati...or russell for that matter. They will be double crossed at some point.

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

#25 of 116 Old 03-25-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxintheSnow View Post
I don't know how anyone could align themselves with poverty/parvati...or russell for that matter. They will be double crossed at some point.
I caught that misspelling before you changed it and dh and I got a good laugh from it.
Unusual name.
#26 of 116 Old 03-25-2010, 11:32 AM

Well if Russell has Parv, Coach and Danielle, he may do well at getting grid of Boston Rob. I am loving the drama between them though. They may both make it to the merge and end up being best friends in the end and them as a villain thing, stabbing each other in the back for the million.
#27 of 116 Old 03-25-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post
I caught that misspelling before you changed it and dh and I got a good laugh from it.
Unusual name.
LOL! After I typed it, I was like wait a minute, that's not right!

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

#28 of 116 Old 03-25-2010, 01:02 PM

I'm loving it too. Why did Tyson vote the way that he did rather than just split the vote as they had planned? He sealed his own fate.

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.
#29 of 116 Old 03-25-2010, 01:20 PM

Tyson voted Parvati because Russell pulled him aside right before council and convinced Tyson that he was going to vote out Parvati. Tyson wanted Parvati gone and if they had split the votes there was a small chance that if Parvati had the idol Russell would be the one going home after the second vote. Tyson thought he could eliminate the whole second vote and seal Parvati going home if Russel voted for her also.

The look on Rob's face was priceless. I will say as much as personality wise I dislike Rob and Russell they are hands down the best strategical players on Survivor ever. Its actually sort of fun watching them on the same team trying to outwit eachother. My biggest complaint is I hate when they only do one challenge and combine reward and immunity- it makes the show drag on. I like when they have two seperate events.
#30 of 116 Old 03-25-2010, 06:32 PM

That's c r a z y that Tyson trusted Russell's word. The look on Rob's face was priceless. I was so hoping that both Rob and Russell stick around. Their dynamic is awesome to watch.

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page