Amazing Race is Back! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 02-16-2010, 09:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I didn't follow last season, but I'm back on the bandwagon.

Let me start by saying, I CAN NOT BELEIVE they got the former miss teen South Carolina. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww She made several points of saying how she wasn:t dumb but then did not really demonstrate that to be fact.

Right now I'm rooting for triathalon granny & her granddaughter. I also like the cowboys and the NJ cops are good comedic fodder for DH.

Who do yoou like?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 23 Old 02-16-2010, 10:09 PM

I personally don't get the big deal about miss teen america, so she made a mistake on national television.

I am rooting for Jeff and Jordan, and I'm also liking the cowboys, they really proved themselves in this first leg.

I'm excited for this season!

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)
~Attachment, co-sleeping parents to CJ (10/08)~ Mama to an angel baby born at 25.5 weeks Sophie (01/10)

#3 of 23 Old 02-16-2010, 10:35 PM

Love Jeff and Jordan...so sweet to see them still together...she cracks me up with how doey she is! But love them!

Mama to Jack (12/7/06) & Liam (4/3/08) & Iris Hope (10/6/10)
#4 of 23 Old 02-22-2010, 12:07 AM

Go Cowboys! Loving them!

Me afro.jpg reading.gif Wife and Mom to modifiedartist.gif cat.gifdog2.gif.
#5 of 23 Old 02-22-2010, 06:48 PM

I think it was a smart move on the teams part to take a bus and then a bus instead of a direct connect.

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)
~Attachment, co-sleeping parents to CJ (10/08)~ Mama to an angel baby born at 25.5 weeks Sophie (01/10)

#6 of 23 Old 02-22-2010, 09:52 PM - Thread Starter

Man, those cutie cowboys are kicking butt! Are they the new hippies?

I'm sad to see triathalon granny go, though. I thought she would have made it a few more legs.

And when will they learn? PEOPLE, IF YOU ARE GOING TO GO ON THE AMAZING RACE, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY, LEARN TO DRIVE A #@*&^(*#&)**@@! CLUTCH! DUH!
#7 of 23 Old 02-23-2010, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMommyNiceNice View Post
Man, those cutie cowboys are kicking butt! Are they the new hippies?

I'm sad to see triathalon granny go, though. I thought she would have made it a few more legs.

And when will they learn? PEOPLE, IF YOU ARE GOING TO GO ON THE AMAZING RACE, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY, LEARN TO DRIVE A #@*&^(*#&)**@@! CLUTCH! DUH!
Totally agree about the driving thing..also don't join if you are deathly afraid of water or heights...duh!

And ouch about granny's cow kick!

#8 of 23 Old 03-01-2010, 01:35 AM

Totally love Jeff and Jordan!

Best line ever..."We are so stupid...we shouldn't be allowed to reproduce!" Hysterical!

#9 of 23 Old 03-01-2010, 03:21 PM

didn't watch last night's show yet, but I've enjoyed the first two shows so far. I wish the granny had gotten further, they seemed like great people.

I LOVED it when the one team painted the inside of some random person's house, thinking that was the challenge! And at the end how the people had no idea what they were talking about when they asked for the clue!
#10 of 23 Old 03-01-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaken View Post
didn't watch last night's show yet, but I've enjoyed the first two shows so far. I wish the granny had gotten further, they seemed like great people.

I LOVED it when the one team painted the inside of some random person's house, thinking that was the challenge! And at the end how the people had no idea what they were talking about when they asked for the clue!
Yes that painting scene was hilarious!

#11 of 23 Old 03-02-2010, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueIrises View Post
Totally love Jeff and Jordan!

Best line ever..."We are so stupid...we shouldn't be allowed to reproduce!" Hysterical!
Totally agree, they are the funniest team this season, I love them!!!

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)

#12 of 23 Old 03-02-2010, 02:06 AM

Yes, the painting scene was awesome!

I'm thinking it's the cowboys all the way. Jeff and Jordan seem strong, too. I really thought the Grandma would make it further.
#13 of 23 Old 03-02-2010, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter

I'm loving the cowboys too. They are totally the new hippies. Remember BJ & what's his name a few seasons back? The Harvard Hippies? I loved them they were dear.

I am really disliking the lesbians, though. Mean, stuck-up, & coniving. I mean I know that some of it is editing & such, but they do seam sneaky. I mean, like the cowboys knew there was going to be a lasso challenge?

And again with the stick problems. Really, it's not that hard people.
#14 of 23 Old 03-16-2010, 11:58 PM

This is my first season watching. My niece made me watch with her while we were visiting and I really liked it. The cowboys are awesome. "We need to get a bagwette. What's a bagwette?" At least they had it right when they got to the bakery and asked for a 'baguette'. lol

I like the father/daughter team a lot also.

The brothers made me nuts before this last week, but this time they were cracking me up. "Will you PLEASE SHUT UP!" lol

What season are the 'hippies' you're talking about on? I may go back and watch it ...

Homesteading, unschooling mama of three.
#15 of 23 Old 03-17-2010, 12:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I like the two detectives, the cowboy brothers, and the father/daughter team.

The two lesbian team...their dynamic isn't so good.
The dating team that had to do the Speed Bump because they came in last (forgot their names)..boy is he a jerk or what? She can be whiney, but he's mean to her. I can't see them making it far. They don't have good teamwork. I've watched this show for many seasons. Teams who win have good teamwork. Teams who belittle each other don't get very far.

I don't remember BJ, but I remember TK and Rachel, the hippies. They were cool, calm and happy. They won the Amazing Race for their season which was Season 12.

Normal is just a setting on your dryer.
#16 of 23 Old 03-17-2010, 12:11 AM

DH and I love this show!! We're rooting for the cowboys as well.

And BJ and Tyler won season 9.

Looking at that link made me realize the only season we haven't watched was eight, and that was the season we wanted to apply for but we didn't have a family then.

ETA: BookGoddess, that team is Jeff and Jordana and they did a season of Big Brother together (did not know eachother beforehand), which she won.

Nicole, sewmachine.gif Mama to hearts.gif C (4/07) and whistling.gif Z (2/09).

#17 of 23 Old 03-17-2010, 12:31 AM - Thread Starter

Boy, the cowboys got a raw deal this time around. But the detectives are fun too. I'm betting for either the lesbians or the brothers to go out next. Those two young teams are d.u.m.b. Miss South Carolina isn't doing herself any favors.

BJ & Tyler were the best! I them! I've watched most of the seasons but last time. Too much football. Thanks, DH!
#18 of 23 Old 03-17-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookGoddess View Post
I like the two detectives, the cowboy brothers, and the father/daughter team.

The two lesbian team...their dynamic isn't so good.
The dating team that had to do the Speed Bump because they came in last (forgot their names)..boy is he a jerk or what? She can be whiney, but he's mean to her. I can't see them making it far. They don't have good teamwork. I've watched this show for many seasons. Teams who win have good teamwork. Teams who belittle each other don't get very far.

I don't remember BJ, but I remember TK and Rachel, the hippies. They were cool, calm and happy. They won the Amazing Race for their season which was Season 12.
He was totally not mean to her, and not to mention they had excellent team work on Big Brother, they are just newly dating and yes he was a bit harsh but he was trying to motivate her.

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)

#19 of 23 Old 04-05-2010, 07:49 PM

Yay cowboys! And the detectives. The brothers are ok too. That's my ideal final 3.

I'm wondering if the save they got last week was really predetermined, or if they were saved because the producers knew they'd be a popular team.

mom to DD 3/09
#20 of 23 Old 04-07-2010, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

I wonder that too...but they're back on top, and the cowboys & going to take the whole enchilada I think.
#21 of 23 Old 04-08-2010, 11:31 AM

I can only catch bits and pieces but I like the cops. The one show they said something like "this is nothing compared to our real jobs" something to do with staying up all night and sitting in a car.

Mom to DS, born fall 05 after ,,, wife/best friend to DH We have
#22 of 23 Old 04-08-2010, 01:12 PM

It'll be interesting to see how Caite does in pageants after this. I have a hard time believing her on stage about equality for all when the whole race she refers to Carol/ Brandy as "the lesbians". ALL THE TIME! I get that they made a comment about her past but not nearly as bad as the brother team. At least last seasons Miss American, was respectful to everyone and really never quit a task.

I think a lot of who wins this season will come down to the final leg. The detectives are good and probably run the best race IMO. But, if the last leg involves alot of running or cardio the shorter guy is going to have a hard time. If Carol/ Brandy get frustrated or feel overwhelmed I don't see them doing so hot either.

Anyone else think some of the challenges this time around or pretty lame? I mean smash coconuts and build a raft? Maybe they didn't show us enough to get a sense of how long it took teams to find the coconut with color inside but it didn't look that hard. Steve and Ali were interviewed and she said she smashed over 100. And they were at least 30 minutes behind the last team to check in.
#23 of 23 Old 04-10-2010, 05:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It was a mistake for Steve and Ally (Alli.?) to leave the cab. One thing I've learned from watching TAR over several seasons is never leave your cab. Sometimes the foreign cab drivers will say the distance isn't very far to some place, but the distance isn't as close as they say it is. It's probably due to language barriers or cultural differences.
Steve is in awesome shape. In the last task at Seychelles when he took his shirt off..wow..he had a six pack. Not bad at all.
I thought Ally should have given the flagpole balancing task a real go. It seemed like she gave up too easy. The Cowboys had it right. To really do that task well you have to move. The Cowboys were amazing on this leg. Even with the extra task they had to do, they still came out ahead.
I just love the "oh my gravy" comments they make. So cute.

I can't stand Caite. The guy she's with on this show isn't that great either. If they get eliminated tomorrow, I'm not shedding any tears for them.

I don't have any favorites this season. The Cowboys and the Detectives are the teams I like the best, but no team really grabs me.

Normal is just a setting on your dryer.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page