16 and Pregnant - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 209 Old 03-03-2010, 04:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
They reran last week's episode here before the new one and I watched the episode with Nikkole and that horrible father Josh again. I think it's great that they were on this show because she has it all captured for posterity, hopefully if she has doubts about not being with him, she can watch the episode to remind herself how badly he treated her. I could NOT believe how he acted when he was in labour "I want some Chinese food" "Ok, you just slapped my hand away, you're on your own now" he totally could not make anything about anyone but himself. I feel bad for that baby having a father like that. The breastfeeding at the end was great.

This week's episode wasn't nearly as bad, it struck me how sad it was that Valerie was so desperate for the boyfriend's attention and how rejecting he was of her before the baby was born, I was like "what is it with these boys??" ; at least he was trying to step up, get a job, etc. after the birth. Valerie is very lucky to have such supportive parents, can Tyler and Caitlin from last season get adoped by them?

Mama to DD 4/06 notes2.gif  new DS stork-boy.gif born 17/12/10 familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#62 of 209 Old 03-03-2010, 04:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was really impressed with Valerie. She's really stepping up and trying to be a good mom at such a young age! It seems like she's placing all her hope in this picture she has of one day being the perfect family and the boyfriend coming back and everything. I hope it works out for her and she's not completely crushed.

Elizabeth - Doing life with Scott partners.gif

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png
adoptionheart-1.gif  Follow our journey  mdcblog5.gif

#63 of 209 Old 03-03-2010, 06:06 PM

I really like Valerie and Matt(?) They seem like even if they aren't in it together for the baby that each of them separately wants what's best for the baby, I'm glad he's stepping up to the plate to be there for the baby.

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)
~Attachment, co-sleeping parents to CJ (10/08)~ Mama to an angel baby born at 25.5 weeks Sophie (01/10)

#64 of 209 Old 03-03-2010, 10:23 PM

I was very happy to see Valerie's episode because they both seemed to be trying really hard. She seems like she wants to be a good Mom and Matt did a great turn around in the end.

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

#65 of 209 Old 03-03-2010, 10:31 PM

Valeria is a good mom and when Matt was with their daughter he was good too. I hope whether or not they end up together he stays involved in his daughter's life.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#66 of 209 Old 03-06-2010, 02:52 AM

I don't understand why her baby was medavaced? It seemed like they "thought, MAYBE" Neveah had inhaled meconium, but it turned out she hadn't, at all, but they kept her 11 days anyways?

photosmile2.gifcavale treehugger.gif*wannabe radical doula*
*plotting with sammodifiedartist.gif until we have our own little ones*
planning to TTC in May '11 (just in time for my birthday!)
#67 of 209 Old 03-06-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbledumpster View Post
I don't understand why her baby was medavaced? It seemed like they "thought, MAYBE" Neveah had inhaled meconium, but it turned out she hadn't, at all, but they kept her 11 days anyways?
I'm with you on that one. I was confused too. It seemed like a lot of stress to put a new mom through that was completely unnecessary. I guess we shouldn't be all that surprised by a hospital overreacting and doing unnecessary interventions though to a baby since they love to do the same to mothers as well.

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png

#68 of 209 Old 03-06-2010, 12:42 PM

yeah, I was confused by that as well. Seemed like they over-reacted about the whole thing. They suctioned her when she came out right? My dd was born in the hospital with merconium and they deep suctioned her right away. I was assuming they would do that for Neveah as well.

Meghan : Kayla~ 10/19/04 Jack~ 5/27/07
Evelyn~ 10/9/10

#69 of 209 Old 03-06-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evie's Mama View Post
I'm with you on that one. I was confused too. It seemed like a lot of stress to put a new mom through that was completely unnecessary. I guess we shouldn't be all that surprised by a hospital overreacting and doing unnecessary interventions though to a baby since they love to do the same to mothers as well.
Well the doc was on TV--maybe he wanted to cover his butt just in case. I would be very angry if that happened with my baby.

Evelyn~ 10/9/10

#70 of 209 Old 03-06-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbledumpster View Post
They medivacced her because she started having trouble breathing and they couldn't get her breathing rythm's right. She said that right on the show. They made her stay 11 days because of breathing issues, not because of the meconium

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)
~Attachment, co-sleeping parents to CJ (10/08)~ Mama to an angel baby born at 25.5 weeks Sophie (01/10)

#71 of 209 Old 03-06-2010, 01:50 PM

Ahhh, I totally missed that part. It was so sad to watch Valerie when they had to take the baby away . What a hard thing to go through as a first time mom.

Evelyn~ 10/9/10

#72 of 209 Old 03-10-2010, 02:17 AM

OMGoodness I just watched the new episode. I continue to be horrified by what selfish people the boys are in most of these episodes. This guy was awful. I cried for poor Chelsea and Aubree.
#73 of 209 Old 03-10-2010, 11:48 AM

I was sad for Chelsea, but I think Aubree has a great mom and great grandparents. Chelsea has lots of support and that is awesome. It was so nice to see a teen mom who really wanted to be with her baby! She reminded me of Farrah in her speech- I wonder if they are from the same place.
#74 of 209 Old 03-10-2010, 12:44 PM

My jaw dropped when I saw that message from Adam! I hope Chelsea is able to get rid of Adam for good because she just seems so stuck and I think being away from him would be freeing. I also loved how much she loved Aubree and spending time with her. She was so sweet. I loved the look she gave Adam when he asked if they could go out and leave Aubree w/ Chelsea's mom the first night home from the hospital!
Next week's episode looks like it's going to be rough to watch.

Not momma yet, but momma to a ton of furry, scaly, slimy and feathery critters. whale.gifribbongreen.gif
#75 of 209 Old 03-10-2010, 03:12 PM

It was so nice to see such a good mom! She was so dedicated to her daughter and was even trying nursing. I feel like her efforts were a bit sabatoged by the NICU staff, but it was so nice to see her pumping and trying. I cried when she got that message from Adam, so, so sad.

#76 of 209 Old 03-10-2010, 06:43 PM

Wow that guy just makes my blood boil sooo sooo much, he reminds me of my son's sperm donor. SO NOT COOL! I'm so glad that Chelsea stepped up and wanted to be there for her baby. It seems like she was brought up really well.

Krys(29) DP to Ad (32)

#77 of 209 Old 03-10-2010, 08:40 PM

What a great Mama Chelsea was. I was so proud of her and she really seemed bonded with her daughter.

Her boyfriend though, blech! Are all the boyfriends this season going to be UA violations?

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

#78 of 209 Old 03-11-2010, 12:54 AM

Chelsea seems like she's a wonderful mom!

I can't figure out these boyfriends...why do they feel the need to be so hurtful??? Ugh. It's bad enough that they aren't interested in their own children, why do they go beyond that and say such terrible things?

Chelsea's dad was so loving and supportive, it made me...

Momma to Sweet Rosie 7/06, Lost Baby J 1/09 at 12 weeks pregnant, Spitfire Ada born 4/21/10, and Baby Boy due July/August 2013!
Aspiring urban homesteader, photographer, homeschooling momma! Blog link in my profile. 

#79 of 209 Old 03-11-2010, 03:17 AM

I loved Chelsea and her dad! He is so wonderfully supportive. And Adam is so cruel and heartless. I almost cried reading that hateful text he sent to her. His loss, big time. I'm glad she changed the baby's name back to her own and I hope she goes after child support and socks it to him for the next 18 years. If he's not going to step up and be the man he needs to be, he can at least help financially.

It was nice to see her give breastfeeding a try also. I know it didn't work out, but at least she *tried* -- that's more than most of them seem to do.

SAHM to my sweet girl born in fall 2009

#80 of 209 Old 03-11-2010, 02:01 PM

Another good mama, YAY!!! The boyfriend on the other hand.......I felt heartbroken for Chelsea when she got that awful text from him. She is much better off w/o him. I love how her own dad is very involved and caring. Her mom seemed to be too but perhaps didn't really want to be on camera.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#81 of 209 Old 03-11-2010, 04:17 PM

How does it work with minors for child support? Are the parents responsible?

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

#82 of 209 Old 03-11-2010, 06:18 PM

Yay for Chelsea and her wonderful Dad. It made me so happy to see how concerned he was for his daughter and little granddaughter!!!
When she got the text I was in tears. I *really* don't understand these young guys. That is really all I can say without being in UV! It just made me cry, and they weren't happy tears!!

I also thought it was great that she was pumping when the baby was in the hospital. She was so cute with her little one, you could tell she really adored her.

I thought it was fantastic when she left the dance early because she wanted to be with her baby. So sweet. I hope everything turns out great for Chelsea and Aubree.

Did anybody else notice her sister also had a baby?
#83 of 209 Old 03-13-2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmom View Post
Yay for Chelsea and her wonderful Dad. It made me so happy to see how concerned he was for his daughter and little granddaughter!!!

I also thought it was great that she was pumping when the baby was in the hospital. She was so cute with her little one, you could tell she really adored her.

I thought it was fantastic when she left the dance early because she wanted to be with her baby. So sweet. I hope everything turns out great for Chelsea and Aubree.
I was very impressed when she left the dance. And was really angry when her selfish boyfriend tried to guilt her for going out (and every other horrible thing he did) Glad she changed the baby's last name.

Mama to DD 4/06 notes2.gif  new DS stork-boy.gif born 17/12/10 familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
#84 of 209 Old 03-17-2010, 05:26 PM

Last night's episode bothered me. I felt bad for the mom. I feel like adoption is such a big and difficult decision even if your heart is completely in it (like Catelyn and Tyler last season) but to basically be forced into it, I can't imagine how much harder that would be on you emotionally. Though she seemed more positive about it at the end I couldn't help but wonder if she was faking it and trying to convince herself she did the right thing.

Madalyn military wife to Chris & proud momma to Jonas 5/17/09
#85 of 209 Old 03-18-2010, 01:39 AM

I cried so much during Lori's episode :-( I really felt like they were forced into the adoption.

SAHM to my baby girl Ella (12/09) wife to the love of my life practicing/believing in
#86 of 209 Old 03-18-2010, 02:59 AM

Lori's episode really bothered me as well. I almost felt like her dad could've gotten on board with keeping the baby but her mother was just really against it. They basically just told her she couldn't.

I felt bad for Cory too when he said "Well my family IS supportive and they are judging me for not keeping him" or something like that..

This is definitely the first episode this season where I felt bad for the baby's daddy!

I hope they are able to come to peace with the decision. I don't doubt the baby will have a wonderful life..I just hope for Lori and Cory, they will be ok.
#87 of 209 Old 03-18-2010, 12:04 PM

This episode really made me sad for the young parents and a bit angry with the mom's parents It isn't like they couldn't have chosen to be supportive in so many ways.

Mama to my tribe
#88 of 209 Old 03-18-2010, 02:16 PM

Ugh the last episode was not good at all. I felt bad for her but at the same time her "friends" were driving me nuts when they kept telling her "you HAVE to keep it" " WE'LL help you raise it" "But I want to throw a baby shower"... I get being supportive but they were driving me batty... Like this is not about YOU, let her decide. I felt the mom was really forcing her to decide when it appeared that financially they "could" have handled it and helped her parent.

Anyone else feel like the first couple backed out of the adoption because they felt she just wasn't sure about it? That was the impression I got it. ANd blech, the adoption ceremony made me want to puke- and this is coming from an adoptive mom. There is no way in he&* I would put somebody through that just so I had pictures for a scrapbppk or something. I also though it was odd she went to just meet and see them and left deciding to place the baby AND having a baby name picked out. I did feel bad for the dad, you could tell it was not something he wanted. I was suprised his family wasn't shown more or decided to raise the baby.
#89 of 209 Old 03-18-2010, 03:18 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Dh and I were throughly unimpressed with her parents. As far as I am concerned they were all kinds of UVA violations.

I thought Dad's could contest adoption? But either way it was sad to see her feel that adoption or moving in with the babies dad being her only option.

And kicking her out? Maybe it is just me but if I was forced into that situation and knew that my parents would kick me out... well I would probably be gone...

I am completely supportive of adoption, but I am furious when people are forced into it.

I told DH that that episode made me want to take in pregnant teens that much more and help support them to be able to make their own good choices and show them that there is support for them...

I really didn't think she would choose adoption... And I saw the friends differently.. more as in we know you and how this will affect you after...

I hope that se can feel at peace with her choices...

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30***35****40**

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#90 of 209 Old 03-18-2010, 04:35 PM

I hated Lori's episode I feel so bad for her & Cory. I wish Lori would have been in a supportive family situation so she could have kept her baby. The whole episode was just heartbreaking & felt so wrong.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page