16 and Pregnant - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 209 Old 04-15-2010, 11:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think this was the best episode yet. Lizzie and Skylar are great kids. I loved how much they accepted the pregnancy. It just wasn't the life-ending catastrophe that it often appeared to be for the other kids. Lizzie said she wanted to have 4 kids anyway, so she was just going to MAKE it work, by golly! I liked that they each had specific interests: Lizzie with her flute, and Skylar with glass blowing. Most of the other teen parents (or what was shown of them) just liked hanging out with friends, shopping, maybe going to school.
RFM, will we get to see Lizzie, Skylar, and Summer on Teen Mom? Are they doing OK now?
About the dropping out of college thing, she is so, so young. I want to tell her (and Macie too) that they have plenty of time, and to just be there for your baby for now. Heck, I'm 33 and I just figured out what I want to go to school for. It'll be there when they're ready.

Me bfinfant.gifDP caffix.gif one silly 5 year old  boy blahblah.gif and a brand new babyboy.gifcd.gif  signcirc1.gifgoorganic.jpg
#182 of 209 Old 04-15-2010, 01:24 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
This was definately a good episode! I watched it a couple times!

I too wanna know more! It it definately neat having someone know them!

If you are allowed I think we are all interested in hearing more about them. How did they decide to do the show?

Have you steered Lizzie towards MDC mama?

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#183 of 209 Old 04-15-2010, 02:42 PM

I really liked this episode too. I loved how accepting they were of becoming parents. It seemed like his cheating was done very early on in their relationship (is that right?) and although he messed up I'm glad they seemed to be working passed it.
I wish she would have (or someone would have told her) to contact LLL or a lactation consultant. I think with some help and encouragement she might have breastfed longer.
Also I wish I could tell her to just be with her daughter and that she has plenty of time to reach her other goals. I don't see her dropping out of college as a bad thing, her priorities totally shifted and her focus is elsewhere for now.
Is it just me or were they some of the most laid back people in the world! I wish I could harness some of that.

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#184 of 209 Old 04-15-2010, 02:49 PM

I should have read the other posts before I commented. lol It's really nice to have an inside scoop. I hope they are doing well.

#185 of 209 Old 04-15-2010, 04:32 PM

I just watched it. RFM . . . WOW. I can totally tell that Skylar has MDC roots . What an amazing young man. I like how he encouraged Lizzie to breastfeed. They seem like such a nice, levelheaded, mature couple. And absolutely adorable. Summer is a lucky little girl!

Your parents seem awesome too, so supportive, and have a lovely house . Your mom is beautiful and I love her hair.
#186 of 209 Old 04-15-2010, 10:52 PM

Amanda, wife to Ed mama to Logan, Phoenix, Indigo and snuggle bunny EZRA RAIN has arrived
#187 of 209 Old 04-20-2010, 11:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Is anyone watching tonight?

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#188 of 209 Old 04-20-2010, 11:26 PM

Yes. This one is pretty sad. Poor girl, her own mom doesn't even have it together enough to have her own child live with her. The boyfriend is just a usual irresponsible teenager. I feel bad for her, but it does seem like his parents are there for her.
#189 of 209 Old 04-20-2010, 11:31 PM

Ummmm....ok, her dad locks his refrigerator?
#190 of 209 Old 04-20-2010, 11:35 PM

Yeah, this one is really sad. At the very least, the boyfriends' parents are really supportive. Without them I have no idea what this poor girl would do.
#191 of 209 Old 04-20-2010, 11:51 PM

It's so sad when she's asking her mom to stop by after work and her mom says that it's not on the way.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#192 of 209 Old 04-21-2010, 12:11 AM

This episode is so sad. This poor girl.
#193 of 209 Old 04-21-2010, 12:16 AM

Ugh. This is breaking my heart. This girl just needs a parent to love and care for her!
#194 of 209 Old 04-21-2010, 09:02 AM

That poor girl, this was the saddest one by far. Her mom is a piece of work. At first, I couldn't figure out why his parents would allow her to move in, but seeing as she had nobody else, I understand. I did think the relationship she had with his parents was sweet.
#195 of 209 Old 04-21-2010, 10:20 AM

I wonder about the editting in this one too. Did anybody else catch that she was actually at her dad's for the week, but all we saw was just that one scene and then it was never discussed again?
#196 of 209 Old 04-21-2010, 11:38 AM

Her mom reminded me of my own. But his parents are fantastic! I love how supportive they are of her. I was really happy to see their relationship improving too. The whole thing with her visiting her dad was odd. I did notice that she stayed a whole week yet none of it was shown except her arriving.
I think her mother is UAV for rubbing it her face about her dad too. I am so glad she has his parents.

#197 of 209 Old 04-21-2010, 01:31 PM

This show always makes me cry, but this time I really felt for her. What a sad situation, to have no support from your own family at all. How alone she must feel, even with the other set of grandparents being much kinder and supportive people. I cried during the conversation at the community college with the other girl--how great for her to have that person to talk to, right when she was getting ready to have the baby. What a shot of hope. And I cried when she said that she loved her boyfriends parents. Waah. We all find mothers where we can.
#198 of 209 Old 04-21-2010, 02:26 PM

I caught that she was at her dad's the whole week. I watched the reunion show, too, and even with editing her situation is the saddest ever. I just want to take her home with me. It's almost as though she's got to be with the boyfriend no matter how he treats her because his family is all she's got. Really hope they are happy and he treats her well.
#199 of 209 Old 04-21-2010, 04:27 PM

I do think he started treating her better and I hope he continues to improve. I can really relate to her on a personal experience level although I've never had anyone remotely as supportive as his parents are.
Nola79, your comment really hit a nerve with me, you are very right I think. And I hope for her that he is a good person who will not mistreat her (anymore).

#200 of 209 Old 04-22-2010, 02:51 PM

This week's episode was definitely super sad. His parents were awesome though!!! I thought his mom was so supportive! Now her mom on the other hand..oh I felt for Kailyn. Her dad, I don't know. There was so much editing out, who knows. I think she went in there with high hopes for her dad that probably just weren't ever going to be reached. I mean, the guy hasn't talked to you for 16 yrs..your entire life..and now you are suddenly talking about maybe going there permenantly if you end up liking him? I think she thought it was going to be something it just wasn't and she was really disappointed. I was so glad the girl at the college really encouraged her too. Poor Kailyn was just so down on herself. The way she was so embarrassed for anyone to know. It was sad/funny when she kept saying "I don't look pregnant yet" but she really did. I thought it was good her friends encouraged her to just tell everybody because she DID look it.

I just hope she is able to really keep herself together, because I don't know if Joe will be around. I think his parents want him to. Poor girl. I can't imagine what would have happened if his parents had not been willing to take her in and help with the entire situation. They were amazing.
#201 of 209 Old 04-22-2010, 03:15 PM

Does anybody else dislike Dr. Drew? I don't know what it is about him but he always rubs me the wrong way. I wish somebody else did the reunion shows.

Also my dvr cut it off was there any preview for the new season of Teen Mom?

Madalyn military wife to Chris & proud momma to Jonas 5/17/09
#202 of 209 Old 04-22-2010, 05:04 PM

I'm with ya. Dr. Drew annoys me.

SAHM to my sweet girl born in fall 2009

#203 of 209 Old 04-22-2010, 10:02 PM

That mother annoyed me! It killed me how she spent the whole time talking about how horrible the dad was, but she was just as bad and ended up abandoning her as well!

The reunion show wasn't that great I didn't think. Dr. Drew annoys me too. He doesn't seem to have my knowledge of labor, birth, breastfeeding, etc. and gives out horrible advice and really weird reactions to them discussing those things. I'm not sure why they picked him to be the host.

Elizabeth - Doing life with Scott partners.gif

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png
adoptionheart-1.gif  Follow our journey  mdcblog5.gif

#204 of 209 Old 04-22-2010, 10:39 PM

Yeah, Dr. Drew is the wrong guy for that show. I don't really dislike him in other venues but he doesn't seem the best choice for this group. That being said, I haven't watched that one yet.
#205 of 209 Old 04-22-2010, 10:39 PM

I think Ricki Lake would be a good host.

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

#206 of 209 Old 04-22-2010, 10:44 PM

The reunion show made me cry. I felt bad for the several girls that are in emotionally abusive relationships and just can't see it and have those boys as role models for their babies. I also felt bad for Janell's mom, as she is raising the baby and Janell just totally disrespects her and seems very unappreciative. Maybe I'm just feeling hormomal but it made me sad. The only couple who didn't was Lizzy and Skylar, they seem happy and have it together.
I do remember at the reunion show Dr Drew was advocating for breastfeeding but he didn't this year. He doesn't bother so much on this show, but I don't like some of his celebrity rehab shows, they annoy me.
#207 of 209 Old 04-23-2010, 05:32 PM

I watched the reunion show last night, and ugh. it definitely made me sad. I was very disappointed especially that Nikkole seemed to be trying to still be with Josh. I felt bad for her mom actually.

I was glad that Lori seems really okay with her decision to give her baby up for adoption.

I was happy that Matt came back and was helping out.

It was interesting that most of the girls did not have their bio dads.

I think somehow I didn't have part of it recorded or something, because I didn't see Tyler and Nichole on there?!? Were they there and I missed it, or just not there? I was hoping to see how they were doing, if they finally had a permanent home for themselves & their baby, etc.

And yes, Dr. Drew is annoying in this venue. I used to like him way back when he had that show with Adam Carolla. But I definitely think they need someone different to host this show. Ricki Lake would be awesome, I agree! : )
#208 of 209 Old 04-23-2010, 11:51 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I didn't see Tyler and Nicole either. I saw a preview of him looking like he was going to propose and then nothing in the show... I watched it online and was a bit distracted but I didn't think I was that distracted!

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#209 of 209 Old 04-24-2010, 12:02 AM

I saw Tyler and Nichole. They are living between his grandma's house and her mom's house. He did propose and she said yes but it seemed awkward to me.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page