Parenthood - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 166 Old 04-20-2011, 11:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yeah I’ve pondered the kid’s names…. Adam and Sarah are the oldest and their names are very traditional and biblical. Julia and Crosby have less traditional, but Crosby is quite alternative. I could see him being named after David Crosby LOL

And I love their family name Braverman and how they struggle/strive to live up to the Braveness.

Last nights episode was on the best! I almost cried with Amber.

Rhianna

#152 of 166 Old 04-20-2011, 04:08 PM

OMG...just watched the last episode.....SO GOOD!  It was so sweet when Max apologized to Sarah.  I was surprised to see Jasmine make an effort with Crosby.  

Lisa   L&D RN mama to DS#1 (4-01) DS#2 (9-03) DD (10-05) vbac.gifX2,  ribbonpb.gif 10-2011

#153 of 166 Old 04-20-2011, 05:59 PM

My post has a spoiler to a spoiler. Apologies for being that annoying!

My DH and I cry through every episode. We love this show. Now with Mad Men delayed till 2012, we'll have to make due with reruns of No Reservations while Parenthood is on break. So not the same!

Spoiler Alert:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Are you sure you didn't have a sneak preview before you wrote  these predictions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

As for the preview, I think it's Christina that is the one that is pregnant. I just don't think it's Haddie but of course that will be Adam's first thought. And can Adam please get a new job. I can't believe he hasn't gone postal yet with the new boss.

Lovin' my four-pack: M, S, a different M, and sleepytime.gif me.

#154 of 166 Old 04-20-2011, 06:58 PM

My sneak preview was last weeks episodes preview at the end of the show where Adam found the test in the trash. The rest of my prediction was just based on too many years of watching TV, this show is very mainstream Hollywood in it's storylines other than the aspergers story. 

I have to say YEA! to grandpa, it was about time someone told Amber to knock it off already.

#155 of 166 Old 04-21-2011, 09:51 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

We finally watched it last night. Excellent show. 

Do we still have to cover the spoilers?  I figured it was Kristina who was pregnant because of the movie. Her character was pregnant in the Steve Martin movie.

The TV show periodically references plot points from the movie. Hence Max's lost retainer, Adam getting fired, Adam having a cow and searching through the garbage for the retainer. Only at least it was home garbage, not Chuck E. Cheese garbage.  sick.gif  

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#156 of 166 Old 04-21-2011, 06:29 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeymom View Post

We finally watched it last night. Excellent show. 

Do we still have to cover the spoilers?  I figured it was Kristina who was pregnant because of the movie. Her character was pregnant in the Steve Martin movie.

The TV show periodically references plot points from the movie. Hence Max's lost retainer, Adam getting fired, Adam having a cow and searching through the garbage for the retainer. Only at least it was home garbage, not Chuck E. Cheese garbage.  sick.gif  

Sometimes people don't watch right away but click on the thread forgetting ;) I have done it many times....

The show totally references the movie! And if you hadn't of said that the Chuck E Cheese part was in the movie then I would have sat here continuing to sratch my head at how Max had lost his retainer AGAIN. lol.gif

I had actually said to DH during the show "Didn't he just lose his retainer at the restaurant?" Totally didn't remember it was from the movie!

And I am happy that Jasmine came around... Actually I dislike her immensly. What Crosby did was NOT right... but I really dislike 99% of her behaviour from the get go... I won't say what I want to as it would violate the UA... But if he makes her happy then I am glad she came around...

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#157 of 166 Old 04-22-2011, 12:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I know i come back and say this after every episode, but I love this show.This episode was a little cheezy, but there are still so many small touches that make it realistic for me-- the way that sarah cried harder when adam showed up in the hospital, or the way that julia was still holding her purse in the hospital.

What did ya'll think of kristina's announcement? I thought it was a bit out of character for her to be apologizing... something just didn't ring true for me there.

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#158 of 166 Old 04-22-2011, 12:56 PM

Yeah, I noticed her apologizing too, and I don't know what to think about it. What was she apologizing for?  For being pregnant? Or for Adam learning about it accidentally like that? For Adam losing his job?  For Hattie having sex? For Max losing his retainer?  I can see myself doing that in the face of a bellowing, totally frazzled husband. 

I know that I say "I'm sorry" to my husband and kids all the time, but I'm not apologizing, I'm sympathizing. "I'm so sorry your friend said that to you" -type of thing.

#159 of 166 Old 04-22-2011, 02:45 PM

I took her apologizing as a "I'm sorry you found out this way and that I didn't tell you instead," just based on how she seemed to want to tell him when he came home until he told her he lost his job.

Overall, a good show. I think I love Zeke more and more. He reminds me a lot of how my dad would be, so I think that influences my feelings for him. But, for his rough and gruff exterior, he absolutely loves his family and will support them all. His scene with Amber was so very touching, and needed to be said. 

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#160 of 166 Old 04-22-2011, 08:01 PM

Totally agreed, the scene with Zeke and Amber was priceless!

#161 of 166 Old 04-23-2011, 04:47 AM

I wept the entire episode, 'cuz that's how I am. I wasn't really surprised by anything but I though the whole series has been done really well. I also can't express how pleased I am that the positive pregnancy test wasn't a cliffhanger where we were set up to think it could have been any woman of childbearing age in the whole extended family. When I saw the preview last week, I was so worried it would be some awful curve ball (like Max's aide was back and maybe she tested there or Julia had stopped by to POAS because she didn't want to test at home and get Joel's hopes up, etc) so I'm glad it's Christina. It'll be interesting to see how they announce and how Julia & Joel handle it and all. Have we met Christina's parents?

I've adored Richard Dryfus. He's been lovely and I hope he sticks around a bit.

Mae Whitman is an amazing actress. I hope she gets an Emmy nomination.

I'm a morning person.  We actually do exist.
#162 of 166 Old 04-25-2011, 11:39 AM

It's the music!  If there's one thing I don't like about the show, it's the music. Actually it's a love-hate relationship, because the music is lovely but it seems sooooo...manipulative and archly hip.  I mean, I like it in small doses but they layer it on in every potentially touching scene.

Crosby, earnestly:   "Jasmine, I just want you to look at this house! This house that I put my heart into! Picture Jabar and you and me, making our own Eden, right here!"

[Queue music, writers sing to the audience] "Here's where we want you to feel bitter-sweet emotions.  Look at his desperate face! Now look at Jasmine...]

Jasmine:  "Crosby, you broke my heart! I just...can't...do this... again!  How can you ask this of me??"

[Guy's voice in the song sings hesitantly, 'la la la laaa, this is an important moment everyone pay attention here"]

Queue my tears.  Grr.  I can feel it happening, I know it's happening, I know I'm being manipulated and I hate it and eat it up all at once. orngtongue.gif

#163 of 166 Old 04-25-2011, 03:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

wow... I'm such a sucker for the music-- I've been singing 'hard times come again no more' so much after the last episode, that my 19 month old has started walking around saying 'hahdties, hahdties".

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#164 of 166 Old 04-25-2011, 04:27 PM

That's so cute, texmati!

alsoSarah

I just happen to like apples, and I am not afraid of snakes. ~Ani d.
These dolls and toys confuse me so; Confound it all, I love it, though!~J. Skellington
#165 of 166 Old 04-25-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texmati View Post

wow... I'm such a sucker for the music-- I've been singing 'hard times come again no more' so much after the last episode, that my 19 month old has started walking around saying 'hahdties, hahdties".

That's adorable!  

Using Hard Times was a stroke of brilliance. I'm a sucker for the music, too. I'm also a curmudgeon sometimes. blush.gif LOL!

#166 of 166 Old 04-26-2011, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texmati View Post

Awe! That's soo cute!  Well, I looove this show but I always fall asleep halfway through but I am finally caught up.  I have one of those old-fashioned gizmos called a vcr so I taped the last couple.  I also got the first season on dvd so watched that, and it was buy one get one free so I also got the first season of Gilmore Girls so lots of Lauren Graham lol. 

I'm thinking Kristina being pregnant is going to cause some major tension with Julia....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page