Jamie Oliver's New Show? - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-13-2010, 11:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah! Did you have your kids with you while you were talking? Did you really mean you were babywearing (like, at the time of the interview)? That's be double (triply?) awesome!

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2010, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessjgh1 View Post
Yeah! Did you have your kids with you while you were talking? Did you really mean you were babywearing (like, at the time of the interview)? That's be double (triply?) awesome!

Jessica
My big kids were at home w/ my parents because the Boot Camp started before they got home from school. I was wearing Thomas before I spoke up and before they interviewed me. (He was very hot and played at my feet most of the time.) If there is bwing seen on air, it's me - there was no other bwing until a mother w/ a baby girl in a Bjorn came along later.

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

Old 04-14-2010, 09:53 AM

I'm quoted!!!

http://www.dailyindependent.com/loca...103230225.html

Quote:
His program is in 15 of the 26 Cabell schools, but Oliver worries about plans for Fast Food Fridays when junk food returns.

No way, Carrie Cooling told her two Martha Elementary School students. “You eat Jamie’s menu.”
DH is in the local paper, too! He's in the 8th or 9th picture in, wearing a black dress shirt.

Just saw this on another article:

Quote:
The boot camp was taped as a final segment for Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution seen on ABC.

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

Old 04-14-2010, 12:48 PM

HarperRose thanks for sharing your pics and telling us about it! Lucky you, jealous me!

What were the proportions in the salad dressing with the honey, dijon mustard, vinegar and oil? Or does it matter?

Here's another link where the show is aired, but it does have commercials.

http://abc.go.com/shows/jamie-olivers-food-revolution

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato
Old 04-14-2010, 01:50 PM

Looked to be no more than a tbsp each of the vinegar and oil plus a squirt each of honey and mustard.

Old 04-14-2010, 03:21 PM

Usually he does 3xmore oil to vinegar. Thats what he usually comments his salad dressings to be...and that seems to be the common ratio

mommy daddy son daughter = our family
Old 04-14-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caiesmommy View Post
Usually he does 3xmore oil to vinegar. Thats what he usually comments his salad dressings to be...and that seems to be the common ratio
Oh, good to know! I missed what was said about the recipe.

Old 04-14-2010, 05:00 PM

catching up on your updates HarperRose! Wow that sounds like an amazing experience!!

I'm pretty sure I'd just swoon over it. Also I'd be fighting with caismommy about trying to jump in front of him or on him... shamlessly!

That salad dressing sounds exactly like the one I make... its sooo good and very verstile. I liked to use it on fish too (salmon, tilapa etc.) when I was living on my own.

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

Old 04-14-2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarperRose View Post
Looked to be no more than a tbsp each of the vinegar and oil plus a squirt each of honey and mustard.
Quote:
Thanks!

Old 04-16-2010, 12:07 PM

I feel very nervous today. HAHAHA I guess I'm afraid I might be on TV tonight, for previews. :P

Old 04-17-2010, 08:30 AM

ARG! I missed it again!

I need to write myself a NOTE on Friday nights to remember to watch this!

Old 04-17-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinybutterfly View Post
ARG! I missed it again!

I need to write myself a NOTE on Friday nights to remember to watch this!
Check to see if it re-airs this afternoon. Maybe not the most convenient time if you have kids that don't nap....

Heather-- I'm a <>< SAHM of two fabulous boys 8/05 and 2/07
Old 04-17-2010, 12:11 PM

I'll be watching it online..I start getting really antsy around this time during the week...WAITING WAITING WAITING for it to post!

Old 04-17-2010, 01:04 PM

It's on Hulu.com. Well, it should be.

We weren't in this episode. The hospital, though, is the one I took my 3 yr old cousin to when he had RSV last month.

Old 04-17-2010, 05:04 PM

Yea IM in canada so no Hulu for me..it should be posted tonight...YAY

Old 04-17-2010, 06:21 PM

AHHHH! I'm so jealous! I lived in that area until I was 10. My BF lives just down the road from that church and I can't believe she didn't go!

Jamie Oliver swoon.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:41 PM

Quote:
How did you not jump him in front of everyone?

Yes, I know he's married...yes I'm married but that's ok...he's on my list Let's be honest he's on dh's list too
I'm starting to feel a bit as well. Wonder if I should move him to my list..but who to bump?

Quote:
I feel very nervous today. HAHAHA I guess I'm afraid I might be on TV tonight, for previews. :P
I'm going to be watching for you, mama! It will probably be a few weeks before that stuff will air. DH isn't home (he's my go-to for film editing questions) but I'm pretty sure the post-production is way longer than one would estimate, at least how long I think it should be.

Kara: on a journey with DH, Mama to DS 2/2010
Old 04-17-2010, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammaarah View Post
I think this show is way too much about "OMGZ fat" and not enough about the other detriments to health that can occur from eating a rotten diet. Obesity CAN suck on its own, but the skinny little kids guzzling pink milk and eating fries twice a day aren't going to be the picture of health either, even if they wear slim jeans, not huskies.
totally! that is my kids too - they are super skinny and hardly eat anything at all & when they do eat it's only carbs. we have had many talks about & nothing helps. we are watching the show together and *I* tell them that everything he is saying goes for underweight kids too - need to eat healthy/well rounded diets... but I wish HE'D say it too

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

Old 04-18-2010, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambystoma View Post
I'm going to be watching for you, mama! It will probably be a few weeks before that stuff will air. DH isn't home (he's my go-to for film editing questions) but I'm pretty sure the post-production is way longer than one would estimate, at least how long I think it should be.
Thanks!

I think you're right -- it will probably air in the next couple of weeks. One of the guys helping out told me that they're rushing tapes to editors that same day. I also heard & read that it's a finale to the show, and the last episode, according to Wiki, is set to air April 30th. I watch it weekly anyway.

Old 04-18-2010, 02:43 AM

I am so so so thankful for Jamie Oliver doing this, at an expense to his family (wife and kids), for coming to this country and helping our kids to be able to get better nutrition at school. This is so important and makes me happy to see the progress. It has been such a struggle for him personally getting flack from the people in the city and not having a huge support team there and I thank him for taking on that struggle for a good cause. I wish more people would take this stand. I fully support what he is doing.

I did not realize things had gotten so out of hand at our public schools. But I should have, as the school food at my school always was horrible and the big fast food chains were offered right in the cafeteria daily, which many students choose day after day with soda drinks and dessert of prepackaged white donuts or some other artificially sweetened high fat type thing.

I remember drinking cans of soda and several bags of artificially flavored chips as lunch several days a week in 6th or 7th grade. I hear many schools no longer even offer recess or gym. Stopping the mainstream trend of out of control junk food and a 100% sedentary day for children is a good step IMO.

happy family!joy.gif we winner.jpgfemalesling.GIFnocirc.gif

Old 04-18-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flminivanmama View Post
totally! that is my kids too - they are super skinny and hardly eat anything at all & when they do eat it's only carbs. we have had many talks about & nothing helps. we are watching the show together and *I* tell them that everything he is saying goes for underweight kids too - need to eat healthy/well rounded diets... but I wish HE'D say it too
He did say that on Oprah, if it helps... "There's just as many, if not more, unhealthy skinny people as obese" were his almost-exact words, I believe.

Postpartum doula & certified breastfeeding educator, mama to an amazing girl (11/05) and a wee little boy (3/13).

Old 04-18-2010, 05:51 PM

thanks! I'll see if it's on hulu for them!!

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

Old 04-19-2010, 05:37 PM

I finally got ot watch fridays episode! I really can't get enough of Jaime! I loved him talking about making HEALTHY nachos...it reminded me of having my 16 y old cousin over for dinner and I made a huge dinner of unsalted chips, refried bean and veggie nachos and he said they were the best he'd ever had.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spughy View Post
He did say that on Oprah, if it helps... "There's just as many, if not more, unhealthy skinny people as obese" were his almost-exact words, I believe.
He did a show in England called something like "Eat to Save Your Life", and one of the things they did was to do complete medical work-ups of 16 "average" Brits--some very overweight, some very skinny. One of the things he pointed out was that even the people who were thin, but ate largely junk food diets, had serious health effects already--fatty livers, etc. The show is up on YouTube, btw--that's where I saw it.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:12 AM

I'm not seeing ads or clips for Jamie's Boot Camp.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:46 AM

is tonight really the last episode?? i'm not ready for that at all! why are there only 6 episodes??

treehugger.gif *CPST*  mama to my three year old DS1 broc1.gif1.31.09 and wedded to angel 8.07  hola.gif

DS 2  waterbirth.jpg 8/18/12!!

Old 04-23-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadiMamacita View Post
is tonight really the last episode?? i'm not ready for that at all! why are there only 6 episodes??
I know! I couldn't believe it is the finale already. I wonder if it was intended to be so short lived.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:44 PM

I thought there was something about April 30th being the last episode, but I guess not. I wonder if there will be an update to the show.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:43 PM

OMG It's ON!!!

Old 04-23-2010, 11:45 PM

Quote:
OMG It's ON!!!
I SAW YOU!!

User Tag List