I'm Pregnant and.... - Mothering Forums

#1 of 8 Old 03-21-2010, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone watch this? I just watched 2 of them. "I'm Pregnant and have an eating disorder." "I'm pregnant and an addict" and now watching "I'm pregnant and homeless". Just wondering what other people think of this?

Wife to Chiro DH, TTC #1 since May 07 Hoping for a after many losses
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 03-21-2010, 07:43 PM

I just caught the last few minutes of the addict one.... I don't know the "backstory" but was so sad for the little baby.
The whole series looks interesting.
~maddymama
#3 of 8 Old 03-21-2010, 11:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddymama View Post
I just caught the last few minutes of the addict one.... I don't know the "backstory" but was so sad for the little baby.
The whole series looks interesting.
~maddymama
Mom was an addict and was on Methadone. She was told it was safer to stay on Methadone then go off for her baby and her. So there was a chance baby would be born and go through withdrawl which is what happened and they put the baby on morphine for 5 weeks for pain. I know next to nothing on methadone. I was wondering if it is better for mom to go off or stay on during pregnancy.

#4 of 8 Old 03-22-2010, 04:57 PM

Methadone is one of those drugs where it is BETTER for the mom to stay on it. Withdrawal is harsh on a baby & worse on an unborn baby.
#5 of 8 Old 03-22-2010, 06:10 PM

One of my kiddos got sick so I missed the end of the show... what happened to the family that was homeless and living in a tent?
~maddymama
#6 of 8 Old 03-22-2010, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddymama View Post
One of my kiddos got sick so I missed the end of the show... what happened to the family that was homeless and living in a tent?
~maddymama
The found temporary housing by bartering the husband's working 20 hrs a week for housing. At the very end they got the other child back (never said where he was) and they were still in temp. housing. The dad found a pt job at a restaurant.

#7 of 8 Old 03-22-2010, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMF View Post
Methadone is one of those drugs where it is BETTER for the mom to stay on it. Withdrawal is harsh on a baby & worse on an unborn baby.
Thanks. I didn't know either way. It seemed bad when baby went through withdrawl after it was born too.

#8 of 8 Old 03-22-2010, 07:22 PM

that's why they wait until after the baby is born to do withdrawal. Imagine an unborn baby going through that. They can manage the symptoms better.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page