D.W.T.S. Starts tonight, 3/22 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 44 Old 03-22-2010, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I cannot be the only one here excited about this! Can I?

I looooooove me some Dancing with the Stars. I am uber excited. Marked my calender weeeeeeeks ago!

I expect some will do really well, and some will do waay bad. My partner is actually excited bout watching one particular person dance, any guesses?
#2 of 44 Old 03-22-2010, 09:03 PM

I'm excited for this. I don't know if I want to cheer for people so much as cheer against people lol.

obstruct livery vehicles

#3 of 44 Old 03-22-2010, 09:06 PM - Thread Starter

ITA!!!!

And so it has begun.
#4 of 44 Old 03-22-2010, 09:10 PM

I've barely ever heard of many of the celebreties. I must live in a hole or something.

I miss Samantha!

Pregnant and/or Breastfeeding since 2005
Mama to two girls: 5/06 and 3/09
#5 of 44 Old 03-23-2010, 01:19 AM

It already started? No! I missed it!

How was it?

... and does anyone know if I can watch it online somewhere?
#6 of 44 Old 03-23-2010, 12:52 PM

Yikes, there are some bad dancers this season. Ok Buzz, you're old and sweet but DANG it was painful to watch you dance. And I'm sorry, but I'm already sick of the "he's a hero and a legend, vote for him" thing.

I thought Evan Lycacek (sp?) was fabulous. I usually don't care for watching the guy stars because they're moves are usually just boring to me, but I could watch him waltz all day! It was beautiful. And I just LOVE Niecy Nash's attitude. She's hilarious!

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#7 of 44 Old 03-23-2010, 02:16 PM

I think it's going to be a fun season.

Kate Gosselin seemed very humbled after her performance. I don't predict a long tenure for her.

And how hot was Pam Anderson! It will be interesting to see if she can develop her technique for the less sexy dances.

My early prediction for next week? Buh-bye, Buzz.

wild.gif  kickin' it old school
#8 of 44 Old 03-23-2010, 04:07 PM

I thought Kate's dance was awful. She looked so stiff and unhappy the whole time. I really think she's doing it more as a PR move than b/c she wants to.

obstruct livery vehicles

#9 of 44 Old 03-23-2010, 04:11 PM

1ht

I am thrilled to see samantha harris gone and replaced with brooke b!

Kate g's routine was incredibly easy, technically speaking. i think shes capable of more. fun to watch her, tho.

buzz needs to go! i like the cast this season -- lots of good ppl to watch, not just 1 or 2.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#10 of 44 Old 03-23-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey693 View Post
I thought Kate's dance was awful. She looked so stiff and unhappy the whole time. I really think she's doing it more as a PR move than b/c she wants to.

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#11 of 44 Old 03-23-2010, 07:44 PM

I this show. I've watched it since the first season and I have a standing date with DD to watch it every week.

I recently changed my username, but I still say "Hello" to all those who know me in real life! Hi P, S, T and K!
#12 of 44 Old 03-24-2010, 03:59 PM

Loved it! Can't wait to see Kate go. I'm disappointed that the judges were easy on her and wonder if they'll keep giving her free passes just because "she's nervous" and "not a performer." I feel bad for Buzz and I'm sure he will be the first one voted off. Loved Evan and the chick (Nicole?) from Pussycat Dolls.

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

#13 of 44 Old 03-25-2010, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandcastle View Post
I this show. I've watched it since the first season and I have a standing date with DD to watch it every week.
I have also.... funny part, I have a standing date with DH to watch it every week, however, he does not seem to agree.

I think Buzz will last at least a couple weeks... just because of the "vote for your American hero"

95% of them are REALLLLY bad the first few dances. I am not sure who my favorites are yet, but I know there are a few I do not care for!
#14 of 44 Old 03-25-2010, 09:32 PM

I wasn't able to watch it. Did they have an elimination on Tuesday? I looked ahead on the schedule and my TiVo says that they have 2 dancing shows - 1 on Monday, 1 on Wed and the elimination is on Friday? Does that sound right? Sounds weird.

How was Brooke on her first night hosting? I won't miss Samantha Harris at all.
#15 of 44 Old 03-28-2010, 07:40 AM

Rooting for Evan L.!!! May change my mind next week though as it usually goes.
#16 of 44 Old 03-28-2010, 03:38 PM

Well, this season's cast is slightly better than the last one!

Several of them actually seem like they can dance pretty well!

I also think Buzz should go, but predict he will not be first!

I didn't like Pam Anderson's at ALL; she seemed totally drunk or something, and out of it. I was hoping to see "the real her" and not just a typical caricature, but that didn't happen. Maybe as the season progresses.

So, I guess Ana, the new pro from last season who the viewers voted on, didn't get hired for this season?

I like Brooke B. but do miss Samantha!
#17 of 44 Old 03-30-2010, 01:00 PM

So last night.

I thought Pamela Anderson looked amazing! I'm a little tired of the sexual acting when she's not dancing though. It was over the top last night. I thought she did well, though.

I loved Evan L.'s performance!!

I thought Nicole did a great job. Her mouth annoyed me though. She had it in an "O" the entire dance. I actually thought it was unfair and pigeon-holing that they made her dance to a contemporary song. I didn't like that. She had on the same type of outfit as the cha-cha numbers. I thought it would have been great to see her in a cute fifties outfit doing a fun dance instead of something sexy. But, of course, they gotta keep her in something sexy and revealing to get the watchers interested. I felt bad for her.

Oh Buzz...time to go. Really, the American flag and saluting was SO over the top. I threw up in my mouth a little. I think for an 80 yr old whose never danced, he's doing ok and it'd be great if he inspired other seniors to learn, but we got it. You're a legend. You're a hero. Now go home and dance with your wife.

Chad 85, you could be good. Keep trying. Loosen up, man!

Kate. Oh Kate! Time to go. I'd almost be happier with her leaving before buzz. At least he got the steps right and doesn't look like he's in pain the entire time.

#18 of 44 Old 03-30-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchgrrl View Post
I thought Nicole did a great job. I thought it would have been great to see her in a cute fifties outfit doing a fun dance instead of something sexy. But, of course, they gotta keep her in something sexy and revealing to get the watchers interested. I felt bad for her.
They all have to do the same dances eventually, though perhaps they had her do the dances with sexy costumes first.

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#19 of 44 Old 03-30-2010, 04:44 PM

Emmeline- no this was the same dance that half the dancers did last night- the Jive. It's usually very 50's, swing, fun, silly dance. Her's was the only one with a contemporary song and sexy outfit, but still doing the Jive life the other dancers last night. I dunno, but there are still plenty of dances that require sexy dances to come- The Rumba, Cha Cha, Samba, etc.

#20 of 44 Old 03-30-2010, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchgrrl View Post
So last night.

I thought Pamela Anderson looked amazing! I'm a little tired of the sexual acting when she's not dancing though. It was over the top last night. I thought she did well, though.

Oh Buzz...time to go. Really, the American flag and saluting was SO over the top. I threw up in my mouth a little. I think for an 80 yr old whose never danced, he's doing ok and it'd be great if he inspired other seniors to learn, but we got it. You're a legend. You're a hero. Now go home and dance with your wife.

Kate. Oh Kate! Time to go. I'd almost be happier with her leaving before buzz. At least he got the steps right and doesn't look like he's in pain the entire time.
I totally agree!!!

Pam was totally over the top, with all the simpering and cutesy acting.

It's annoying how they are pigeonholing people with the song choices- Jake and the rose song, Nicole with the contemporary/sexy jive, Kate Gosselin with I'm Still Standing. Buzz with the flag. It's all so obvious.

Kate, yikes!!!! that was probably one of the worst performances I've EVER seen on the show, probably equal with Master P, if anyone remembers poor Ashly trying to get him to dance on ?season 2 I think. Although I do hate to make fun of someone, since she is doing her best, and I know I wouldn't be able to dance very well in front of millions!

Brooke said a lot of funny things by accident last night!
#21 of 44 Old 03-31-2010, 12:17 AM

Really? Wow.

That's all I'll say so I don't spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet.

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

#22 of 44 Old 03-31-2010, 11:12 AM

I'm so disappointed!!!! Is it still too early to give a spoiler?
#23 of 44 Old 03-31-2010, 12:52 PM

I'm disappointed, too!

#24 of 44 Old 04-01-2010, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaken View Post
Brooke said a lot of funny things by accident last night!
Yes loved it!

Glad the star got sent home but would have loved to see her partner more.

Like the jokes about Buz's t-shirts?
#25 of 44 Old 04-01-2010, 03:27 PM

Adam Carrolla's jokes were really funny! And you know it's something when even Buzz says that he made it through because of his flag salute.

#26 of 44 Old 04-06-2010, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

I am kinda disappointed.

How the hell is Kate still on there? After watching her 'attempt' at dancing last night I will be if she does not get voted off! Really, she *did* look as if she was just walking around the dance floor, there was nothing graceful about her performance IMO.
#27 of 44 Old 04-06-2010, 01:12 PM

I agree, Tummy!! She better be going this week!

Last night-
Ahhh, Buzz saluted again. Good grief!

I thought it was not smart of Nicole and partner (forgot his name) to break two rules so early on! It was a great performance, though.

What was up with the singers last night? I think they usually sound like crud but the guy was singing "Soul Sister" and couldn't hit the high notes and his voice kept cracking off key. It was so painful to listen to!!

I wish they would have show more Charo! I would be thrilled if she was the musical guest this week playing the guitar while the dancers did a Paso!

#28 of 44 Old 04-06-2010, 03:14 PM

I missed the first half hour of the show. Anyone know if there is a spot to watch it online?

I'm glad the football player dude did better last night. I felt so bad for him last week. Loved Erin and Maks with the blindfold - very sweet. Kate - please go! It is literally painful to watch her. Absolutely nothing to that dance resembled a paso doble. I'm almost feeling like Len has something against Nicole. I missed her dance here and there because I was distracted, but I really enjoyed what I saw.

I agree that the music was off. I heard those cracks in that guys voice and the woman was pretty flat during "Paparazzi."

#29 of 44 Old 04-07-2010, 01:09 PM

I won't spoil it but I'm glad about who went home.

But I gotta say...who keeps voting for Kate? Is it her kids? Her staff? I just don't get it!

I really loved the Paso last night by Chelsea and blond guy (why can't I ever remember his name? I know his last name is Hough).

#30 of 44 Old 04-07-2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey693 View Post
PR & $$, probably! I say more power to her for making a boatload in just a 10 week show, where she's only away from her family 3 days a week (Sunday-Tuesday). How many fathers leave their families for longer than that for work?

I think it's really hard for her since as they said, she has no athletic or performing ability at all. At least she's trying, though!!

Wife to DH (10/2004) ~ Mama to DS (1/2009) ~ belly.gif (11/2011)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page