Did anyone watch this past season of Real Housewives of Orange county? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 03-23-2010, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is the show that I'm embarassed to admit I watch. I actually went to middle and high school with Alexis so I started dvring the show because of that. Then I got totally sucked in and dvr'd the whole season. I just got caught up and watched the reunion show.

What did you think?

I really disliked Simon and think splitting was the best outcome.

The whole show in general seems so...parody like. lol But so juicy and fun to watch. Total guilty pleasure of mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 03-24-2010, 12:00 AM - Thread Starter

Oh man. How embarrassing.
#3 of 12 Old 03-24-2010, 01:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You're not alone, it's ok! I love those crazy women.
#4 of 12 Old 03-24-2010, 02:46 PM

not alone! I watched as well.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#5 of 12 Old 03-24-2010, 03:02 PM

I was made to watch a show for work (its actually true lol) and I don't understand the women or the show. The show we watched was all of them fighting and talking crap about each other. And they all basically looked alike with different haircolor & different surgeries but same style of appearance. I was prepared to feel maybe a little jealous of the cool opportunities they get with that lifestyle, but ended up embarrassed FOR those women. It'd be great if a show like that showed all of the amazing things that the women can DO with their money.

I don't know, maybe its a "train-wreck" type of show?? That the women are so awful to each other that you HAVE to watch.

"When the external begins to define the internal, instead of the internal defining the external, one begins living as a mortal rather than as a universal being." ~ unknown
#6 of 12 Old 03-24-2010, 04:56 PM

You are not alone. I watch the NYC show, too, but Orange County is my favorite. It's a train wreck. These women are so detached from reality. It looks painful just to be in their skin with all the make-up, surgery, botox and God-knows-what injected into them. I agree that it's good that Simon is gone, but I'm miffed that he was the one to file and not Tamra. Once again, he gets control.

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

#7 of 12 Old 03-24-2010, 05:04 PM

Hahahahaha! You went to school with Alexis? Was she even recognizable to you now, after all of her surgeries? Comparing the before/after pics, I don't even think she looks like the same person, but it can be hard to tell with just one pic.

My favorite is now Gretchen. And Jeana.
#8 of 12 Old 03-24-2010, 05:14 PM

I watched every episode and this past season and Simon really irritated me. He seems so controlling and nasty. I have never cared for Tamra but I felt bad for her.

I also think Slade is kind of gross and hope Gretchen knows what she's getting into with him. I don't think it will end well.
#9 of 12 Old 03-25-2010, 12:12 PM

Dont be embarassed. I watch every season of that show!

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

#10 of 12 Old 03-25-2010, 05:54 PM

i discovered this show in january and i think i've seen every episode from this season. plus, i've actually checked out the blogs

they are an interesting mix of women. i can't say that i care for tamra either, and there is something about how her hair is styled that seems strange. but i am glad that she and simon split up, he really wasn't nice to her at all.

do they have a new season coming up?

Midwifery student , Mama to my 4 amazing kids. treehugger.gif

#11 of 12 Old 03-25-2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandib50 View Post
i can't say that i care for tamra either, and there is something about how her hair is styled that seems strange.
Maybe it's the extensions?

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

#12 of 12 Old 03-25-2010, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

You know, a lot of people, classmates included, have said that Alexis seemed unrecognizable to them. I see the changes but it didn't seem that drastic to me. However, I see pics of her regularly on Facebook and whatnot so I was prepared. She does look a lot different, though. I thought she was so pretty in high school that I was surprised she's had so much work done.

I think the whole Gretchen/Slade thing is really going to end badly. does anyone else think he's just looking for a sugar mama?

I don't even know what to say about Vicki.

I want to like Tamra but sometimes she's a bit too spacey and just pitiful acting. I hope next season shows her getting some strength.

Lynn. Ah lynn, lynn, lynn. Why on earth would anyone purposefully do that to their face? She was pretty but now her face looks frozen.

And as far as Alexis, in a lot of ways, she's kind of the same.

I also wanted to add that I agree with the poster who said she felt more sorry for them than anything. Me too. I expected to maybe be a little (lightly) envious but there is NOTHING about their lives that is tempting to me. It all seems so fake. How could you ever trust anyone?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page