Okay, I can't keep silent anymore. Let's talk about "V" - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 45 Old 05-06-2010, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow, Anna is really evil.

If anyone is interested here is a preview for next week.
Obligatory warning! Spoilers!
http://www.hulu.com/watch/147351/v-assault#s-p1-sr-i1

Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
It looks like Lisa is going along with Anna's plan for now. She looked genuinely terrified when Anna struck her and when Erika came in to comfort her. I wonder what she might do when Anna isn't looking.

I think it bears repeating. Anna is so evil. The look on her face when she saw Erika's shock at her "comforting" her was priceless.

Heather Mike Married 8/1/99 Mom to Charlotte Aug 04, Nov 06, and Katherine Oct 07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 45 Old 05-06-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen Griswold View Post
Yes, but I'm really worried that they are going to create sexual tension between him and Erika. The boxing thing was headed in that direction.
I think that's definitely coming. I see a triangle happening b/w Erika, jack and that other hunky guywho they cajoled into joining them.
#33 of 45 Old 05-06-2010, 11:44 PM

I agree about the triangle... But I don't care that much about that storyline either way, and it wouldn't bug me either way (whether it's hunk or the priest - hey the poor guy is just a man after all).

I think Lisa will take our side next season. There are only 2 episodes left in season 1, and the way she looked at Anna when she hit her and then told the soldier to break her legs... And she knows that Tyler and his mom really love each other, and after just finding out about emotions, it's gonna take her a while to understand. Plus look at Ryan, he killed John MAy still and only after that understood his "empathy side"... Kwim? Sort of hard to explain!
#34 of 45 Old 05-19-2010, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

Last night was the season finale, anybody watch?

I was disappointed that we didn't get a good shot of Alien Baby.

I thought Joshua's idea that Erika shoot him to put her in Anna's confidence was great. That they brought Joshua back from the dead, not so much. Not that I don't like the character, but now they'll be able to torture his memories out of him. Bad.

It was a great revelation that Joshua refered to Lisa as "My queen". I could go on and on about the implications of this.

Anna's first display of emotion was the loss of her soldier eggs. I think she was more mortified by her own emotion than the loss of the eggs. Notice how she felt more remorse from the loss of the eggs than by assaulting her daughter. I figured both Lisa and the eggs were a means to and end but she actually cared about them.

What kind of ending was that? Scary red clouds? I think they could have done better.

Heather Mike Married 8/1/99 Mom to Charlotte Aug 04, Nov 06, and Katherine Oct 07
#35 of 45 Old 05-19-2010, 01:54 PM

I love Anna's dresses. That was my take-away from last night's epidsode.
#36 of 45 Old 05-19-2010, 03:49 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I still think that Markus is a very cautious 5th column member. And I think that is why he was brought back... I really really like Joshua and hope that he can stick around for the good.

LOVE LOVE LOVE how Lisa switched sides... And I too thought the "my Queen" line was incredible.

I definately wanted to see alien baby. Totally disappointed in them for killing the mom.

I wonder what will happen to Chad Decker.

Poor priest though.. can't he see that the priest above him is a V? I mean I called that on the first episode.

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
#37 of 45 Old 05-19-2010, 04:03 PM

I think Markus will be Fifth Column, too.
#38 of 45 Old 05-19-2010, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate42 View Post
I've always kind of thought that too. Did he and Lisa exchange a look when Anna mourned the eggs or was that just in my imagination? I'll have to go rewatch it.

#39 of 45 Old 05-19-2010, 04:39 PM

I'll have to rewatch, too, as I was fighting sleep at that point! Pretty sure Lisa smirked while Anna was howling.
#40 of 45 Old 05-19-2010, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I'll have to rewatch, too, as I was fighting sleep at that point! Pretty sure Lisa smirked while Anna was howling.
Here's a clip of just that momemt. http://www.hulu.com/watch/150606/v-loss#s-p1-sr-i1 Lisa did smirk but she and Markus did not exhange a look. Markus did have knowing look though.

#41 of 45 Old 05-19-2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brymommy View Post

Poor priest though.. can't he see that the priest above him is a V? I mean I called that on the first episode.
No kidding. That one has been obvious for forever.
#42 of 45 Old 05-20-2010, 01:01 PM

I agree that the old priest is a V, like totally. I also think that Marcus is a 5th column member. They will just revive Joshua, hide him on the ship or take him to the ground, who knows!
I disliked that Val was killed off and that we didn't get to see the hybrid baby. Oh well, next season...
I loved how Lisa switched sides, finally. And I also loved how Anna was all overwhelmed by her first emotion. Wasn't it Marcus who pointed out that she was feeling an emotion?
So what is Anna bringing on with the red skies? Attack, weapon, who knows?
#43 of 45 Old 05-20-2010, 11:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm so glad Joshua is alive. He and Lisa have such good chemistry together. I practically swooned when he called her "My Queen".
There should be more scenes between the two of them.

The ship is so huge but Ericka and Chad don't have problems finding their way around even though there aren't signs in English. Also, isn't there any security on this ship for important places like the torture rooms, the room where the soldier eggs are located, the medical lab, etc. It seems like anyone, even a human, can go anywhere in this huge ship without much problem. What about locked doors, motion sensors, or even guards? For such an advanced race, they sure have a curious lack of security. Heck, we have more security in my building than on this ship!

Quote:
I hope so! I worry that he is like Hobbes. He will sell his loyalty to whatever side suits him and his interests best. Right now, Markus could be on the side of the Fifth Column because he wants to get rid of Anna so that he can be the almighty leader.

Normal is just a setting on your dryer.
#44 of 45 Old 05-21-2010, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookGoddess View Post
The ship is so huge but Ericka and Chad don't have problems finding their way around even though there aren't signs in English. Also, isn't there any security on this ship for important places like the torture rooms, the room where the soldier eggs are located, the medical lab, etc. It seems like anyone, even a human, can go anywhere in this huge ship without much problem. What about locked doors, motion sensors, or even guards? For such an advanced race, they sure have a curious lack of security. Heck, we have more security in my building than on this ship!
I think a lot of it is because obedience has never been an issue with their race, with the small exception of the 5th column. Not to mention, both places (the incubation pool and the torture chamber) were both pretty secluded and out of the way, you'd have to know something was there to go so far out of the way. Chad and Ericka both had to get specific directions, and both places were pretty hidden.

I LOVED the season finale, and I cannot WAIT for next season. I'm Facebook friends with Logan Huffman (Tyler) so I'm hoping he accidentally spills a few things

treehugger.gif NMY, uber-crunchy, college student, doula-in-training, health food store worker and future librarian read.gif

#45 of 45 Old 05-21-2010, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookGoddess View Post
Right now, Markus could be on the side of the Fifth Column because he wants to get rid of Anna so that he can be the almighty leader.
I don't think so. I think in the V society only certain individuals can be the leader (queen). Kind of like bees. I think that Lisa is his candidate for queen. I think it was him that revived Joshua and Joshua called Lisa "my queen"

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page