Okay, I can't keep silent anymore. Let's talk about "V" - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-15-2010, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've tried several times to find the "V" thread from last fall but searching for something called "V" is all but impossible.

Thoughts from the last few episodes. Super creepy alien mating scene and subsequent post-coital snack.

Anna having a waterbirth.

Revelation that Ryan killed John Mays.

Ryan's girlfriend (Sorry, her name escapes me) freaking out over her actual ultrasound picture. I wonder what she's going to do or where she'll go. Its not like she can go to any old OB to have a routine hospital birth with her lizard baby.

Heather Mike Married 8/1/99 Mom to Charlotte Aug 04, Nov 06, and Katherine Oct 07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2010, 09:39 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I think Anna is putting her eggs in the water. Lizards wouldn't have live births... which is why the human lady is in trouble. Lizard baby will probably munch on her insides.

This show is kind of a train wreck.. I love/hate it but I can't stop watching.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by philomom View Post
I think Anna is putting her eggs in the water. Lizards wouldn't have live births... which is why the human lady is in trouble. Lizard baby will probably munch on her insides. .
Yes, I saw the eggs. Still its a water egg laying. I think reptiles lay eggs on land, don't they? Wouldn't that make Vs amphibians?
Quote:
Yep, The only reason I tune in is because I'm already watching Lost anyway. It doesn't have as the cheese that made the original show so watchable. Its trying for suspense but failing miserably.

I noticed when Ryan was on the V ship in the last episode that they were playing the theme song from the original show. It wasn't as creepy on the new show as it used to be. Their green screen scenes in the ship are laughable too.

Heather Mike Married 8/1/99 Mom to Charlotte Aug 04, Nov 06, and Katherine Oct 07
Old 04-15-2010, 09:52 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My teenage son is always pointing out the shots that were green screened. He thinks there's quite a few.

Hmm, maybe Anna is putting tiny babies into the water? Not eggs? I'm not sure they showed us that very clearly. And yes, the water part make them amphibious as opposed to lizard like... which was more the theme from the original show.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:30 AM

Quote:

Yeah exactly. I watch it on hulu during the day because I won't admit to my dh that I'm actually interested.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:40 PM

My 10 yr old was watching a few minutes of it one night when he was supposed to be getting ready for bed (dh and I don't really follow it) and I said to him, "I'll let you watch the original one. This one is stupid." (We have to get him to watch Back to the Future, too!)

But I find myself sucked in, somehow.

upsidedown.gif  Please see my Community Profile! energy.gif blogging.jpg about Asperger's Syndrome!

Old 04-17-2010, 10:48 PM

I watch it and like it so far. They did a few changes, like now they said they will make major revelations in each episode, which I like. I hate waiting for a whole season for something to happen!

I barely remember the old version, I do remember outrageous makeup and hair, lol (those 80ies!).

I'm sure Ryan's gf will return and soon she'll birth the hybrid baby since he's growing so fast... I wonder what the "plan" is with Tyler, since Anna and Lisa keep repeating he's the one... For what???? Their own little hybrid plan? Oh and what about the bloodwork... Is there maybe something special about Tyler since his bloodwork showed he's not his dad's son (even though he is, maybe he's a chimera?)?

Did anyone notice that the main gal's ex hubbie is Alex from the XFiles?
Old 04-18-2010, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nia82 View Post
Did anyone notice that the main gal's ex hubbie is Alex from the XFiles?
Yup. That's why I'm still watching it. I loved Krycek.

And what's with the story that Tyler may not be his dad's son because of a bad blood typing test? That's not very creative!
Old 04-18-2010, 12:23 AM

And all the hexagonal panels on the underside of the ships still remind me of the spaceship in Chicken Little.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate42 View Post
And all the hexagonal panels on the underside of the ships still remind me of the spaceship in Chicken Little.
Yep. The sky is falling!

Old 04-21-2010, 02:51 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Interesting twist with Anna's daughter failing her empathy test... I want to see how that pans out...

I love/hate this show as well... I find the green screen cheesy but the storyline isn't completely horrible and I want to see how it turns out.

When do the new ships arrive and what is it they want again? Water or hydrogen? Or won't that end badly for the human race...

Now wouldn't that be weird if there were already alien like creatures designed as humans walking this earth... Hmmmm...

Oh and Anna's right hand man is he 5th colum or not? Sometimes he has this aura about him like he is in on it as well...

Mom to two beautiful girls and  ****5****10****15****20****25****30****35******

Come check out MDC's Updated User Agreement  
Old 04-23-2010, 08:19 AM

I was just thinking, I need to start a V thread!

DH and I agree that the green screen tech. they are using is very low budget.

We love all of the actors who have played in something else. We are big sci-fi fans, and this show has a ton of people from various other sci-fi shows. Sometimes I think they are doing it to suck fans in.

What's up with Chad? I thought he was going to join the resistance. Is this just a game of his with Anna?
Old 04-23-2010, 04:35 PM

Yeah, isn't this a reunion of Stargate, BSG and the X-Files?

I think it's an interesting twist that Lisa failed the test, and I think she and Tyler will eventually join the fight...

I think Chad is just trying to schmooze his way into Anna's confidence, he's a reporter, and looking for a story, and he doesn't trust Anna (see nightmare), I bet he will dig deeper and eventually help out.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen Griswold View Post

Yeah exactly. I watch it on hulu during the day because I won't admit to my dh that I'm actually interested.
Me too. My dh makes fun of it so much that I am actually embarrassed to watch it in front of him.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:41 PM

Why don't they ask Ryan what the V culture is like?! Drives me nuts that no one has natural curiosity about the V world. Have they been to other planets? Have they met other alien life forms? What is V society like? What are they here? I realize Ryan may not know exactly why the Vs are here because he has been out of commission for a while, but he could at least give some clues about why he thinks the Vs are here.

Also, how does an FBI agent, a Catholic priest, and a stockbroker find the time to go around fighting aliens? It seems like those three are never at their jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate42 View Post
Yup. That's why I'm still watching it. I loved Krycek.

And what's with the story that Tyler may not be his dad's son because of a bad blood typing test? That's not very creative!
Tyler was in an accident (I think) and as a result of his injuries the hospital tested both parents and it turned out that he and the father don't share the same DNA. At least I think that's what happened. There wasn't any explanation of whether they repeated the tests again to confirm the result.

Normal is just a setting on your dryer.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I think it's an interesting twist that Lisa failed the test, and I think she and Tyler will eventually join the fight...
Yeah, I was thinking that too when Lisa stipped off their "big brother" jackets and had sex with Tyler. Of course, she could have just done that because she thought her mother was going to kill her once she found out the results of her empathy test and she wanted to go out with a (well, I can't call it a bang since we're talking about Tyler, maybe we'll just call it a loud noise)

Old 04-25-2010, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookGoddess View Post
Tyler was in an accident (I think) and as a result of his injuries the hospital tested both parents and it turned out that he and the father don't share the same DNA. At least I think that's what happened. There wasn't any explanation of whether they repeated the tests again to confirm the result.
I'm pretty sure it was just a blood test - the parents were being testing to donate blood to Tyler and they typing didn't match up. IIRC they never mentioned doing a DNA test. Easier to just get divorced than request one I guess .
Old 04-25-2010, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookGoddess View Post
Why don't they ask Ryan what the V culture is like?! Drives me nuts that no one has natural curiosity about the V world. Have they been to other planets? Have they met other alien life forms? What is V society like? What are they here? I realize Ryan may not know exactly why the Vs are here because he has been out of commission for a while, but he could at least give some clues about why he thinks the Vs are here.
I never thought about that before, but now I am obsessing

I am absolutely hooked by this show. I know I have the potential to be a huge sci-fi geek, but I'm not yet, so this show is completely amazing to me.

I also wonder what is so special about Tyler. I will say though, boy is pretty hot. I definitely added him on Facebook.

treehugger.gif NMY, uber-crunchy, college student, doula-in-training, health food store worker and future librarian read.gif

Old 04-25-2010, 12:17 PM

I think they will slowly reveal more and more about their culture and objective.... Cause if they tell it all at once, no suspense

Yup, Tyler's blood type just didn't match up with Dad, and I don't think it's too crazy that the dad just freaks out about it and gets a divorce... I would insist on a DNA test, cause there are people who are genetic chimeras, it has happened, but that would ruin the story I guess

If they just came to occupy the planet, why schmoozing up with humankind? I think they want something besides our planet... We shall see....

And in the preview Anna tells the soldiers that there is a hybrid baby out there that might put their society/race at risk... Why? One baby? Do they adapt quickly to genetic changes and it would mean the new hybrid race can destroy the Vs? I mean why such a fuss kwim?
Old 04-26-2010, 06:35 PM

think the upset over the hybrid baby is because it might not look human. V's don't naturally look human they look like lizards and are given a human skin... So a baby would look different and possibly expose them...

Old 04-26-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
I think they will slowly reveal more and more about their culture and objective.... Cause if they tell it all at once, no suspense
I agree if they reveal everything at once there is no suspense.

But then we're expected to believe Ericka is this great FBI agent. What FBI agent wouldn't quiz Ryan about his people and why they're here? That would be the first thing any law enforcement person would do. Why try to kidnap a V in the last episode to get answers? They have Ryan right there! Can't he give answers?

If they actually showed a tiny clip of maybe the end of a converation between Ericka and Ryan where she indicates he has told them about the V culture and why he thinks they are on Earth, I can live with waiting for the show to reveal itself. However, it doesn't even seem like Ericka has had such a conversation with Ryan and that makes it hard to buy into the fact she's some super agent.

Normal is just a setting on your dryer.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

I'm not surprised that Val left Ryan.

What's up with Lisa? Is she really trying to get Tyler on the ship (because it looks like what's she's doing is working) or does she really care about him and want him off the ship. I really don't know what to make of what she's doing.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle View Post
I'm not surprised that Val left Ryan.

What's up with Lisa? Is she really trying to get Tyler on the ship (because it looks like what's she's doing is working) or does she really care about him and want him off the ship. I really don't know what to make of what she's doing.

Since she failed the empathy test and was noticeably bothered when Anna said they'd kill Tyler after they used him, I'm guessing she wants to protect him.

Awesome episode last night! Though I was upset about the warrior, I wanted something big and lizard-like and scary.

treehugger.gif NMY, uber-crunchy, college student, doula-in-training, health food store worker and future librarian read.gif

Old 04-28-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaBeanie View Post
Awesome episode last night! Though I was upset about the warrior, I wanted something big and lizard-like and scary.
Me TOO! And I want to know how to kill them... Obviously they are not fast though or he would have just run after the car... But then how did he follow them so fast... Do they have some weird way of going really fast but only if they have the R6 to follow?

Did anyone else see the previews for the orginal V coming this summer?

Old 04-29-2010, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaBeanie View Post
I was reminded of the Terminator. They even played Terminator-knock off music while he was doing that heartbeat thing.

If Anna wants Ryan and Val alive for disection purposes why send the Terminator after them?

Quote:
Since she failed the empathy test and was noticeably bothered when Anna said they'd kill Tyler after they used him, I'm guessing she wants to protect him.
Except when she told Tyler that she didn't think he should come aboard the ship it had the opposite effect. Tyler went into a rage at his mother and was determined to live on the ship.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:57 PM

I have trouble with people on this show with "Too-Stupid-To-Live" Syndrome. What got me most was Val. They just escaped a very scary dude that was doing just fine with an ax in his chest and then in the very next scene she's leaving Ryan because "it's ok, they won't find us." I realize that she was given some shot but, come on, really?

And it also bugged me that the doctor didn't use gloves when giving her the shot.

I'll be surprised if they renew the show for another season...I figure we'll never get the answers to a lot of questions.

....but I'll probably keep watching in the meantime.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:52 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen Griswold View Post
I have trouble with people on this show with "Too-Stupid-To-Live" Syndrome. What got me most was Val. They just escaped a very scary dude that was doing just fine with an ax in his chest and then in the very next scene she's leaving Ryan because "it's ok, they won't find us." I realize that she was given some shot but, come on, really?

And it also bugged me that the doctor didn't use gloves when giving her the shot.

I'll be surprised if they renew the show for another season...I figure we'll never get the answers to a lot of questions.

....but I'll probably keep watching in the meantime.

I think she is just too angry with him for not telling the truth and she does not trust him.

The doc is a V, maybe they can't get human illnesses, so she is not worried about bloodborne pathogens.

They are tagging the humans, and they want them aboard the ship. Maybe what they want is the people. To Serve Man is a cookbook, oops, wrong show.

Wife to M , Mommy to DS aka Captain Obvious  (06/06) and DD aka Lissalot  (03/09, anoxic brain injury)
Old 05-05-2010, 03:04 AM

I really liked the episode today. I wonder what Lisa is going to do, sooner or later she better join our side
Old 05-05-2010, 10:20 AM

I'm iffy on the show. It's a little....hokey? But I still watch.

I think Lisa is headed towards 5th column, definitely.

One thing I noted is that I appreciate their treatment of the priest. Priests don't always fare well in Hollywood. He's in good company as an underground resister, as historically priests and monastic communities have often either been active in resistance or provided shelter (regardless of the Church's official position). I like that he's human but not sleezy or hate-able.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinosmom View Post
I'm iffy on the show. It's a little....hokey? But I still watch.

I think Lisa is headed towards 5th column, definitely.

One thing I noted is that I appreciate their treatment of the priest. Priests don't always fare well in Hollywood. He's in good company as an underground resister, as historically priests and monastic communities have often either been active in resistance or provided shelter (regardless of the Church's official position). I like that he's human but not sleezy or hate-able.
Yes, but I'm really worried that they are going to create sexual tension between him and Erika. The boxing thing was headed in that direction.

User Tag List