Doctor Who: end of time (spoilers) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 04-26-2010, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ok, dd got the specials on dvd a few weeks ago and we watched (me for the first time, dd and ds#1 for the third time. lol) "the end of time"

i was pretty disappointed in the episode.
i didn't like that the master was cannibal like (i know he is an alien so really it isn't cannibalism, but still yuck!), i did how ever love that everyone turned into the master, that was pretty funny... BUT i didn't like how the masters all called the master "sir" that was weird, it was like he was calling himself sir.
and the doctor's whole regeneration thing. please, what a mess. him roaming around time boohooing and saying good bye to everyone. take it like christopher esckelson... just regenerate!
plus he never smiled at anyone, just looking all gloomy. it didn't seem to fit. like when he saves sarah janes son... give her a wink and a smile, it isn't like the doctor hasn't seen her when he was another face. and don't give jack some dudes name, give him a big old kiss! and the whole thing with martha chapped my butt! what on earth is she doing with micky? she was engaged to that other doctor. i think it would have been nicer for her to have a happy ending, you know maybe married to that other doctor and pregnant, and completely over "the doctor" having made her self a good and happy life. not doing urban warfare with micky and the rhino guys. blaa hated it!
and then how about give a salute to donna's grandfather, or a smile or something. the old guy loved him. irritating! i mean the doctor does take his granddaughter shows her a few good times and then leaves her with a half ass mind sweep that if she ever sees him will destroy her mind. the least he could do was give the old guy a hug. yuck!

ok all done complaining.

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#2 of 8 Old 04-26-2010, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
and the doctor's whole regeneration thing. please, what a mess. him roaming around time boohooing and saying good bye to everyone. take it like christopher esckelson... just regenerate!
I took this as David Tennent being emotional about leaving the show. He was saying goodbye to the show that was his childhood dream job, and was a big boost to his career. I think it was also his way and the producers/writers way of acknowledging that David Tennent has been an exceptionally successful and popular Doctor and was very popular with viewers. It wasn't just a regeneration, it was a death. That particular doctor is dead now.

They certainly do portray the Doctor as a jerk. Like I said in the other thread, I'm getting the idea this is way the Doctor is supposed to be. Donna Noble was best at taking him down a notch. What did she call him, Doctor Skinny Pants or some such?

Edited, I know what it was: Well, don't just stand there you skinny boys in suits! Get to work!

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#3 of 8 Old 04-28-2010, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
what on earth is she doing with micky? she was engaged to that other doctor. i think it would have been nicer for her to have a happy ending, you know maybe married to that other doctor and pregnant, and completely over "the doctor" having made her self a good and happy life. not doing urban warfare with micky and the rhino guys. blaa hated it!
After what Martha and her family went through while the Master possessed earth, how could she go back to her fiance? Even if he kind of knew what she was involved in, Mickey is in a better position to really understand.

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#4 of 8 Old 04-29-2010, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter

well first Micky is in an alternate universe with rose, so how does he get to be in our universe, OR how is martha in his. doesn't jive. also she was engaged to the man she met while in that whole master takes over the world episode. she re-met him after things got back to normal. they talk about her being engaged when we meet the potato people with donna.
also it just doesn't make since how they would even be together. my daughter thinks it is really a way to say "goodbye" to russel t davies characters since he is no longer writing on the show. which makes the most since... but still really?

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#5 of 8 Old 04-29-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
well first Micky is in an alternate universe with rose, so how does he get to be in our universe, OR how is martha in his. doesn't jive. also she was engaged to the man she met while in that whole master takes over the world episode. she re-met him after things got back to normal. they talk about her being engaged when we meet the potato people with donna.
They did an episode where he came back from the parallel universe. It may have actually been the one where all the companions come together. I think the Doctor offers to take Mickey back before he closes the rift, but Mickey wants to stay; the TARDIS lands in a park.

I don't know if there is an explanation about what happened to the fiance though; I may be mixing some things up.

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#6 of 8 Old 04-29-2010, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

hmmm. i don't remember that. although it does make since that he would stay as rose is with that 1/2 doctor 1/2 human doctor person. which pissed me off, get over him! lol the guy he drops off for her isn't him. i think it sort of devalues roses love for the doctor. silly! like women just need someone who looks like the guy they love to be happy. BUT micky was a hero in the other universe, so why come here. i think RTD has no idea what he is doing half the time. lol

personally i think he put martha and micky together just to wrap them up and say goodbye to his characters. it apparently doesn't have to jive at all. lol

h

#7 of 8 Old 04-30-2010, 12:03 AM

Quote:
hmmm. i don't remember that. although it does make since that he would stay as rose is with that 1/2 doctor 1/2 human doctor person. which pissed me off, get over him! lol the guy he drops off for her isn't him. i think it sort of devalues roses love for the doctor. silly! like women just need someone who looks like the guy they love to be happy. BUT micky was a hero in the other universe, so why come here. i think RTD has no idea what he is doing half the time. lol

personally i think he put martha and micky together just to wrap them up and say goodbye to his characters. it apparently doesn't have to jive at all. lol

h
Yeah, I did not like Rose and the pseudo Dr. either, but her mom and the parallel universe dad was OK.

I think Martha and Mickey work if the fiance was appropriately explained away.

Mickey may have been a hero but he did step into someone else's life...well, his but not his .

#8 of 8 Old 05-17-2010, 08:36 PM

Mickey came back to his Universe in Journey's End. The Doctor was dropping off Jack and Mickey got out of the TARDIS and went after him so I assume he wanted to work for Torchwood ( or ....heh )

And the Doctor was *slowly* dying from radiation so he couldn't *just* regenerate.

I think that it was a way for *everyone* to say goodbye, Rose, Donna, Mickey, Martha, Sarah Jane...they probably won't be in this season and it gave everyone a bit of time.

I think they just wanted everything completely wrapped up before moving on to a new Doctor since there was some of the same people with Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant. They shared a writer and some of the cast so they probably just wanted a clean break.

I also found the extra Doctor a bit strange but it didn't bug me too badly. (actually what I thought was "yikes! I bet that generated a lot of fanfiction )

Not all those who wander are lost 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page