Real Housewives of NJ? Season 2? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 50 Old 05-03-2010, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone? These crazy ladies are my favorite. Can't wait for the premiere tonight!
#2 of 50 Old 05-03-2010, 11:24 PM

NJ is my least favorite but I watch b/c it is like a train wreck. The premise of this group is really off-putting to me...there is way too much insinuating but not enough answers. I felt with the season ender/recap Caroline's vagueness or the editting was annoying...just spit it out if it is the truth...what evil things has Danielle done...I find it so annoying to say she has done really rotten things and then not back it up with an example b/c then it just like maybe she really didn't do anything. I also don't like that 4 of them are related...of course anyone else is going to be an outsider. I just feel like I am watching a bad Sopranos knock-off. I still can't get past the whole shopping spree in which the one wife bought a gazillion dollars worth of furniture with cash and her reason for why she was paying cash...it just bothers me...hasn't stopped me from watching it...but I don't enjoy this series as much as I do the others...OC is my fave, followed by NY (which was too catty for me this season...sad to see grown women act like high schoolers)

The one perk about NJ is they are/were all actually housewives...a HUGE pet peeve of mine about OC and NY is that Gretchen and Bethanny are on the show...they are single girls not housewives

Mama to Jack (12/7/06) & Liam (4/3/08) & Iris Hope (10/6/10)
#3 of 50 Old 05-04-2010, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

I don't know why I like them so much, but I do. Caroline really bugs me, for the same reasons you mentioned. I like Jacqueline, she seems the realest of the bunch of all the series. I take the show for what it is, which is pure entertainment, and NJ defintiely brings the drama.
#4 of 50 Old 05-05-2010, 02:42 PM

Sadly I watch. Its amazing how by season 2, it always just ends up into a cat fight.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#5 of 50 Old 05-06-2010, 12:10 AM

it's like a train wreck...i just can't look away! lol

i felt soooo bad for danielle's daughters in the premiere when she almost drove to the sheriff's charity party just "to see" & they were trying to talk her out of it. thank god she listened!

Stephanie~hippie.gifwife to Dov, mama to Ella Irie (9/24/07) & Kaya Raine (2/1/10)~our vbac.gifbaby, born 45 hours after PROM!!!
#6 of 50 Old 05-09-2010, 05:01 PM

I love this show. I felt so bad for Danielle's daughters. They seem mortified by their mothers behavior. Why would she want to crash Caroline's party? They aren't friends. It's so sad how she wants to be a part of a group of people who clearly want nothing to do with her. I don't like that she talks to her daughters like they are her friends. They are always pulling her off the ledge of doing something silly. I thought Danielle's comments about Jacqueline's daughter on the Bravo blogs was so mean spirited and unnecessary.

Is Dina still married? I know how husband doesn't want to be on the show but she never mentioned him so far.
#7 of 50 Old 05-11-2010, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbailey View Post
I love this show. I felt so bad for Danielle's daughters. They seem mortified by their mothers behavior. Why would she want to crash Caroline's party? They aren't friends. It's so sad how she wants to be a part of a group of people who clearly want nothing to do with her. I don't like that she talks to her daughters like they are her friends. They are always pulling her off the ledge of doing something silly. I thought Danielle's comments about Jacqueline's daughter on the Bravo blogs was so mean spirited and unnecessary.

Is Dina still married? I know how husband doesn't want to be on the show but she never mentioned him so far.
He was never on the other season as well. But her daughter is not on this season. I guess her Dad would not sign the ok for it. Also, I read that there was some vadualism, nasty phone calls etc after the first season aired so she is wise to keep her daughter out of it. Of course she might be better off just not being in this type of thing but too late for that.

Also Danielle, what a hard time she is going thru and what a mess she is making. Hopefully letting her daughter get into the super model thing is ok, that could be a dangerous industry as she knows. No doubt she will be her manager....

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#8 of 50 Old 05-11-2010, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter

Did anyone else find it strange that Danielle threw a luncheon to celebrate her daughter's success but didn't invite her daughter? wierd. Like she just wanted to brag, which is understandable, but a little over the top.
#9 of 50 Old 05-18-2010, 08:28 PM

So who watched this week? The girl who was the model as an 8 yr old. I literally wanted to slam something at her Dad saying she was going to walk on the ugly walk because she was so ugly. The kid was crying and they were trying to make it like it was no big deal. That kid will have problems...

#10 of 50 Old 05-18-2010, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, the dad's a jerk. I thought Danielle's daughter looked great walking the runway. I do think Teresa is jealous although she wouldn't admit it.
#11 of 50 Old 05-18-2010, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, and Caroline gets on my nerves. Anyone else?
#12 of 50 Old 05-20-2010, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nola79 View Post
Oh, and Caroline gets on my nerves. Anyone else?
Yes. She gets on my nerves and is super annoying. Her Godfather, head of the family thing is getting old. She talks to Jacqueline like she's her child.

Danielle is certifiable. I think she's trying to live vicariously through her daughter. She is a terribly toxic person. But the way the others harp on what she does and doesn't do is a pain too.
#13 of 50 Old 05-20-2010, 10:07 PM

I just caught the first two episodes. I didn't even realize a new season had started until I saw this thread.

I have to say I prefer the OC and NYC to NJ, but I still watch : I agree with PP that the balance seems off since three of them are related and the forth is super close to the other three. However, Danielle is so "out there" I don't know how you could even stand to be around her. She seems really, really fake.

I can't find the third episode online yet, but I am interested in seeing Danielle's daughter at Fashion Week. That spread she did looked great, she looks like a natural. I hope her mom doesn't mess it up for her.

Mom to DS1, DS2, DD1 and DD2! h20homebirth.gif
#14 of 50 Old 05-20-2010, 11:17 PM

I watch because I want to see how long it takes Bravo to realize the show sucks.

It's boring and for the first time, I have a moral conflict about supporting a show that seems to be taking advantage of Danielle's mental illness. I mean, I get she wants to do it, but that doesn't make it right.

They need to get away from this Danielle vs. Everyone dynamic if the show is to survive.

V

Happy Momma to DD (almost 3) Fall Coleslaw -- Simple Italian Stuffed Peppers -- - Fall Toddler Activities.- We Made a Play Kitchen Selling gently used books on all topics here.
#15 of 50 Old 05-21-2010, 12:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet2 View Post
They need to get away from this Danielle vs. Everyone dynamic if the show is to survive.

V
Yep. It's so old.
#16 of 50 Old 06-22-2010, 09:53 PM

Can someone fill me in about Danielle? I do not watch the show but I always watch Andy Cohen's Watch What Happens Live and she was on performing a song. I know she is known for being the crazy one but I don't understand the deal w/that song. Is she saying that she is a lesbian now (not that I think there is anything unnatural about lesbians, just her and the drama that swirls around her and that pulled-back plastic surgery-ed face, combined w/the insinuation of lesbianism on top of it.
#17 of 50 Old 06-23-2010, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyshoppinghabit View Post
Can someone fill me in about Danielle? I do not watch the show but I always watch Andy Cohen's Watch What Happens Live and she was on performing a song. I know she is known for being the crazy one but I don't understand the deal w/that song. Is she saying that she is a lesbian now (not that I think there is anything unnatural about lesbians, just her and the drama that swirls around her and that pulled-back plastic surgery-ed face, combined w/the insinuation of lesbianism on top of it.
no telling, I've been watching bits and pieces of the shows but there's never been anything on the show regarding her being a lesbian or not. She's just nuts.
#18 of 50 Old 06-23-2010, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

Oh, and why is it reality stars think they can sing just because they're on tv?!?
#19 of 50 Old 06-23-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyshoppinghabit View Post

I'm not sure about the song because I missed most of the last episode but last year Danielle and Jacqueline were really close even though Dina and Caroline didn't want her to be. Jacqueline and Danielle seemed to enjoy a close friendship then it turned out Danielle was once arrested for kidnapping, being involved with the Columbian Drug cartel and was a former prostitute. A book was written by her exboyfriend about their involvement. Danielle blamed Dina for showing the book to everyone in Franklin Lakes. To make a long story short, it seems Danielle isn't operating with a full deck and is no longer friends with anyone including Jacqueline.
#20 of 50 Old 06-24-2010, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Oh, and why is it reality stars think they can sing just because they're on tv?!?
ort be authors for that matter. Several of the NY cast have books or are on books tours.

#21 of 50 Old 08-15-2010, 11:14 PM

Anyone still watching? I love Jacqueline and her husband but press mute when their daughter Ashley is on. I can't believe how irresponsible Teresa is with money. I felt bad for her husband on the Italy trip.
#22 of 50 Old 08-15-2010, 11:39 PM - Thread Starter

I'm half watching. I mean, it's on but I'm not totally into it, more of backround noise. I find Jacqueline to be very immature. I think her daughter is a reflection of her. I've noticed she says and does things that egg her daughter on, then when her daughter behaves badly, she acts shocked and appalled.
Teresa is irresponsible with money, for sure. But Joe is partly to blame, he puts up with it.

OT, but have you seen the D.C. Housewives?
#23 of 50 Old 08-16-2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:
I'm half watching. I mean, it's on but I'm not totally into it, more of backround noise. I find Jacqueline to be very immature. I think her daughter is a reflection of her. I've noticed she says and does things that egg her daughter on, then when her daughter behaves badly, she acts shocked and appalled.
Teresa is irresponsible with money, for sure. But Joe is partly to blame, he puts up with it.

I only saw one episode and I just can't take it. I find the women really boring and have no substance. I hated that the model agency woman telling the stylist about Michaele's alleged eating disoder when she should have just confronted her directly. I thought it was very cowardly and I found Stacie annoying too. I liked Cat the most so far. What are your thoughts?

I agree about Teresa and Joe. He should have been more upfront about the finances but as a woman, I think you should know what's happening in your household even if you aren't contributing financially. She keeps telling interviewers she had no idea the financial trouble they were in. On the reunion special, I'd love for Andy to ask her if she's ever heard of a clearance sale. LOL
#24 of 50 Old 08-16-2010, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I only saw one episode and I just can't take it. I find the women really boring and have no substance. I hated that the model agency woman telling the stylist about Michaele's alleged eating disoder when she should have just confronted her directly. I thought it was very cowardly and I found Stacie annoying too. I liked Cat the most so far. What are your thoughts?

I agree about Teresa and Joe. He should have been more upfront about the finances but as a woman, I think you should know what's happening in your household even if you aren't contributing financially. She keeps telling interviewers she had no idea the financial trouble they were in. On the reunion special, I'd love for Andy to ask her if she's ever heard of a clearance sale. LOL
As for DC, I like Mary and Stacie. I respect Cat for having her own opinons, even when they differ from others. She didn't back down when she was saying how she did like George Bush and everyone was freaking out. She did seem a little rude to Mary's daughter and the waiter, though, when she and Mary were out to lunch in episode 2.
I think Teresa is full of it when she says she didn't know what was going on in the household finances. I mean, how do you not know? I just think it takes two to get to where they are, financially.
I wish Andy would ask a lot of questions like that, really say what's on eveyones mind!
#25 of 50 Old 08-17-2010, 12:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Jacqueline just keeps trying to make her daughter feel bad for the whole hair pulling thing and it's just not working. She doesn't feel bad, she doesn't feel guilty! You've lectured her, she's paying her lawyer fees and whatnot, she's in trouble with the court system. Let it go.

I can easily see how the money thing gets out of control. My dh and I ran into issues early in our marriage where he was the gatekeeper and I just bought what I wanted. He felt bad telling me to cut back and I had no clue we were running as tight as we were. Things are very different now!
#26 of 50 Old 08-17-2010, 11:55 PM

Quote:
As for DC, I like Mary and Stacie. I respect Cat for having her own opinons, even when they differ from others. She didn't back down when she was saying how she did like George Bush and everyone was freaking out. She did seem a little rude to Mary's daughter and the waiter, though, when she and Mary were out to lunch in episode 2.
I think Teresa is full of it when she says she didn't know what was going on in the household finances. I mean, how do you not know? I just think it takes two to get to where they are, financially.
I wish Andy would ask a lot of questions like that, really say what's on eveyones mind!
Maybe I will watch the other episodes. I'd like to see what you're talking about in regards to Cat being rude to Mary's daughter.

I agree with you about Teresa. I think she knew and just chose to gloss over it so she could continue her shopping sprees.

Mamalisa, I agree with your comments about Jacqueline and her daughter. She should let it go.

Does anyone else get the impression that Caroline doesn't like Ashley?
#27 of 50 Old 08-18-2010, 12:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Does anyone else get the impression that Caroline doesn't like Ashley?
I do.
#28 of 50 Old 08-18-2010, 10:51 AM

Quote:
I do.
Some of her comments this season bothered me. My husband doesn't watch the show regularly but one day he tuned in and said it's obvious Caroline doesn't like her. Ashley's been around their family since she was 5 and one episode recently Caroline said something like, "I don't know why Ashley behaves the way she deos. I've never been around the girl" or something like that. The more she talks it gives more insight as to why Jacqueline has had issues with her in laws in the past.

I'll be watching the DC episodes I missed when DD takes a nap.
#29 of 50 Old 08-18-2010, 11:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I watched the latest one and I can't figure something out. They go all the way to Italy, with the WHOLE family, to visit right? Then they get to their hometown and they leave the baby at the bottom of the hill with the other grandparents and make a huge production out of Milania meeting Joe's grandma for the first time? Huh? It was so weird to me.

I can't even believe I'm posting about this. Loser
#30 of 50 Old 08-22-2010, 06:54 PM

I can't wait for the Caroline/Danielle showdown tomorrow. Danielle's ex husband is suing for custody of their younger daughter Jillian.

Mamalisa, I must have missed the part about them leaving the baby with the grandparents at the bottom of the hill. There was so much going on in the last episode. The reunion show should be juicy. Danille and Teresa had to be seperated by producers. I shouldn't be entertained by two grown women who are mothers fighting but I am looking forward to seeing it

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page