Bachelorette w/ ALI (commit to stay away from spoilers here or not) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-19-2010, 07:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, WHAT DOES THAT MEAN, "Guard and protect her heart"????? It sounds all noble but I have no idea what it's supposed to mean!

After all that trouble with getting the tatoo, and he doesn't show her?! duh. what's the point then? Just to impress the guys? I think (hope) that will convince her that he's over the top and send him home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatoablessing View Post
Did anyone see The Soup over the weekend? Joel McHale shows the video of Justin trudging up the road to see Ali. In one scene he's walking on his left foot holding his right foot up and in the next scene, it's the opposite! Is he faking (or are the producers asking him to fake) this whole broken foot thing?
yes! I saw it! So interesting! It definitely did look as if it were a different foot! But how could they be that careless if it WERE a set-up? So maybe it's Justin who's the plant, there to create drama?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsmama View Post
Who is that one guy that she kept tonight ... Chris something. I've literally NEVER scene him before -- DH and I were like, who is he and where did he come from? I don't remember him having any dates or conversations with her.
LOL, I know!!! Who is Chris N??? I always wonder if she does spend time with him, but it's so boring they edit it out, or she really never does have any conversations or time with him yet she keeps him just because she wants to let others go more? Last episode was the first time they showed her talking to Craig (lawyer)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogWife View Post
I think she likes Kirk for kissing, but I don't think he's "husband" material. I think Chris L is "husband material" but not that fun for kissing.
I totally agree. I didn't see physical sparks there with Chris L, but he seems like an awesome guy. I think he's going to get his heart broken b/c I'm sure he'll have a hometown date Lots of sparks with Kirk, but not a lot of substance. Roberto seems like the perfect combo of physical chemistry (as they love to say on this show!) and good personality and having lots to talk about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2010, 04:13 PM

ahahahHSHAHHAHAhahahh

i LAUGHED really hard when she was with Chris N (who they finally showed her talking to for like the FIRST time ever) and she asks:

"Tell me your guilty pleasure"

and he answers "ummm...I like mexican food....*chrip* *chirp*" and that was like immediately after telling her that what she doesn't know about hiim is that he is "really funny"....and we never hear him say a silly funny thing!! LOL

Seriously who is/was that guy? it's like he randomly showed up one day hahaha

****ETA: aawww shoot. I just read the spoilers...couldn't keep away...I'm not going to say anything except *yawn* and *eye roll*

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
Old 06-22-2010, 06:22 PM

That was interesting last night. Totally agree with the above.

DH and I really thought that Kirk's hidden secret was that he was in prison or had some sort of dark secret that he was ashamed of ... he had mold poisioning???? That was interesting...
Old 06-22-2010, 07:13 PM

Yeah I thought it was divorced or prison. Poor guy. I like him a lot!

Yeah, so funny about Chris N. I knew he was a gonner from a while ago. How boring!

So glad Casey is gone!

Next week's looks GOOD! So, shall we place bets on who has a girlfriend (oooh the drama!) and is being booted next week? I say it's Justin. And all the guys will have been right!

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

Old 06-22-2010, 08:15 PM

I watched through my fingers with lots of "oooch!"s and "ouuuuch!"s as Kasey revealed his tattoo to Ali. I think that really did a number on her, I felt really bad that she had to deal with all that in such freezing weather, I lol'd at her speech "alright, this sucks guys...meh, I'm giving it to Justin" and then she went in meltdown mode with Chris Harrison, and I can see why she would have found comic relief in the lawyer's fake tattoo, but I still thought it was mean-spirited on the lawyer's part.

I'm a LOSER and read the spoilers. I'll still watch, but it's true, it's not as fun. I'm accustomed to reading Big Brother spoilers, but the show is live and they sort of encourage the online interaction, but reading the Bachelorette spoilers was sort of dumb.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:33 AM

It was painful to watch that one Chris guy talk to her. I wonder how she kept him around this long?

I like Frank. His poem was really good.

She is very lucky, at any rate

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

Old 06-23-2010, 12:40 AM

Mid catch-up right now and popping in for a quick post...

Love poems... some of them a bit tough to watch (thank you editing!) and I'm with her I liked Frank's and Kirk's the best.

1:1 date Kirk - ok.... life altering experience with your health. that could make sense about priorities. I want to like him.. but gah there's something I can't put my finger on.

be back in a bit... watching Kasey... oh boy.

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

Old 06-24-2010, 01:41 AM

I thought Kirk's poem was way better than Mr. Lovepoem himself. I like Frank, but it drives me nuts when he comes off as this literary genius yet he's always botching up the objective-case thing: "It's just Ali and I!" "A wonderful experience for Ali and I!" NO! I wonder if some editor is doing it on purpose, showing all of his inept English because they think he's a tool.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:36 AM

Ok, I am committed to no spoilers, but I just happened to read People magazine from 6/14 and it gave away all the info about who has girlfriends back home! I wasn't expecting that, since the issue was from a couple weeks ago! I didn't think they put spoilers in the mainstream media way ahead of time.

Anyway, I'm surprised at one of the guys, and not surprised at the other. And I think it's pretty ridiculous to think that the producers didn't know- the article says the contestants have lots of interviews to ensure this doesn't happen! I think it would have easily come out if they did thorough interviews if someone is actively "dating" someone!
Old 06-25-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaken View Post
Ok, I am committed to no spoilers, but I just happened to read People magazine from 6/14 and it gave away all the info about who has girlfriends back home! I wasn't expecting that, since the issue was from a couple weeks ago! I didn't think they put spoilers in the mainstream media way ahead of time.

Anyway, I'm surprised at one of the guys, and not surprised at the other. And I think it's pretty ridiculous to think that the producers didn't know- the article says the contestants have lots of interviews to ensure this doesn't happen! I think it would have easily come out if they did thorough interviews if someone is actively "dating" someone!
Oh wow there is more than 1?

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

Old 06-25-2010, 03:29 PM

Yeah, I think I know one that has a girlfriend from seeing it on tv as I was passing by. Why do they spoil it before the show shows it?? But I didn't there were two!? Geez!

And I think next week Jake and Vienna are going head to head on the show. I know we're not supposed to talk about gossip, only what's on the show, but it's supposed to be shown on there next week or soon. I'm not surprised they broke up at all! He should have listened to the other girls on the show. I'm looking forward to seeing them on there, though.

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

Old 06-25-2010, 06:15 PM

wow, Jake and Vienna broke up? I hadn't heard!!
Old 06-25-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
wow, Jake and Vienna broke up? I hadn't heard!!
Yep, and she sold her story to one of the gossip rags. Check out any of the gossip online sites or any magazine at the grocery store. They're getting a bit ugly (and very personal!) about what they're saying about each other.

Old 06-25-2010, 07:24 PM

Jake & Vienna - Thank goodness I did watch that season!!

Ok so for those of us not checking out spoilers - who do you think has the gf?

my gut say... maybe Justin? I get the feeling he's being put into a villian like light. Especially with all 1 step for Justin and a bigger step for Rated-R???!!!

Also who's excited that Ali going to get angry about it (at least from what they've showed from the previews!!)

I just hope she doesn't get too sad and mope-y about. Searching for love (despite me watching it and yes love it) shouldn't be on national TV.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:53 PM

oh, I can't believe I didn't know about jake and Vienna! And the stories I just read said you have to be living under a rock or have no tv or internet access at all for days in order not to know!

And 2 days later they filmed a "breakup special"! Hmmmmm Can't wait to see that one! That really sounds like a setup!
Old 06-27-2010, 09:38 AM

Omg, the checkout counter yesterday was ALL about J&V, as though they had nothing else to "report," and it looks like a big he-said-she-said. A "breakup special" a la Melissa and Jason? I really wish that show would break up with Chris Harrison, I couldn't be-lieeeeeve they had him analyzing Ali last week, I'm a) completely sure he doesn't care, and b) throwing up. I don't think I have the stomach for another Chris Harrison breakup special.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:21 AM

I read the spoilers but it didn't say who had the girlfriends. Just told who the final two are.

I'm assuming Justin is one of them (even though I was pretty convinced he was "there for the right reasons") and i can't figure out who i think the other one is. Kirk maybe? I dunno.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:33 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I like Chris Harrison and was happy that he actually had more to do on the episode. And I've read a lot of spoilers and "know" all of it. Or most of it, at least.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:39 PM

I used to not care about Chris Harrison until I heard him on a radio show saying that Lorenzo was the "worst bachelor they every had," I thought it sounded unprofessional, and he started talking trash about the overnight dates/how many girls go "all the way," how many people don't get picked because of STDs and drug abuse--the stuff he chose to reveal was a real turn-off, and the Rozlyn issue...I just know I wouldn't want to be his friend, or enemy!

I did read a spoiler about who had the gf, I also saw the promo indicating that Justin has a gf.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:43 PM

Quote:
I'm a) completely sure he doesn't care, and b) throwing up. I don't think I have the stomach for another Chris Harrison breakup special.

Quote:
how many people don't get picked because of STDs and drug abuse--the stuff he chose to reveal was a real turn-off, and the Rozlyn issue...I just know I wouldn't want to be his friend, or enemy!
You mean, not picked to be on the show, not "not picked" at the end to get engaged?
Old 06-29-2010, 12:43 AM

I was not surprised at who went home tonight. I was also not surprised about who had the girlfriend.

I think they showed a lot in the promo for the rest of the season. It is pretty obvious now who is having a meet the parents date. I wonder what drama is up with Frank? Didn't someone say that two guys had girlfriends? I have not seen the spoilers.

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

Old 06-29-2010, 12:17 PM

Even DH was not surprised with who had the GF. I couldn't believe that ABC got ahold of the voicemails from Justin to his GF and played them on the air.

When the camera panned around the room, did anyone else notice Chris L looking a bit uncomfortable? I'm going to be sad if he's the other guy with a gf.

I didn't see the end this week and quickly going to hulu to check it out. I'll be back to comment on the rest shortly.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:42 PM

I think the promos for the rest of the season made it quite clear what happens in the next few episodes. Who's staying and who's leaving. I was surprised that they showed as much as they did.

Those voicemail tapes were eerie. I had goosebumps on my arms. Which never happens during a show like this. LOL.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polliwog View Post
I think the promos for the rest of the season made it quite clear what happens in the next few episodes. Who's staying and who's leaving. I was surprised that they showed as much as they did.

Those voicemail tapes were eerie. I had goosebumps on my arms. Which never happens during a show like this. LOL.
I wish they didn't show so much about the last few episodes!

I thought it was so funny that Justin looked like he was (for once) telling the truth about not calling Jessica all the time while on the show. He looked shocked and then all those voicemail messages were played. Too funny! I thought the way it all went down last night was hilarious, with him climbing over ledges and running away with a broken leg! What a UAV!

Old 06-29-2010, 06:25 PM

The whole thing seemed like a really bad regular (non-"reality") show with all the climbing over things with the camera following and then ther voicemail messages playing.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:14 AM

For those complaining about how they showed sooo much of the end stuff...don't worry. Remember they did the same thing with the Jason /Melissa thing (you could see her pinky ring and everyone was like why did they give it away, but then there was a giant "twist" and he switched to Molly).

I read the spoilers so i'm not going to say anything more other than, don't worry you will be "surprised" (eye roll) about what happens...*yawn*

Old 07-03-2010, 01:48 PM

Justin was smart and duplicitous, like when he said "two roses were given out today, one for Justin, one for Rated R" it was clear he was up to no good, and that the guys were right about him being there "for the wrong reasons." That gf of his must have been soooome ticked about the other gf he had, those vm's were priceless! I had a pit in my stomach when he was originally caught and then when he was 'fessing up, it reminded me of past situations when I was young-n-dumb and blindsided by someone's lies. I do think Justin is smart, but dangerous, I'm glad he's gone.

I saw a magazine cover about Ali's "partying past" and how Justin says "she's not as innocent as she may appear!" I feel bad for her, it really hit me in the promo when she was freaking out about Frank and she worried that there was something wrong with her. I'm such a sucker for these shows!
Old 07-03-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:

You mean, not picked to be on the show, not "not picked" at the end to get engaged?

Not picked to be on the show. It's like 'thanks for the titillating info, Chris Harrison.'
Old 07-04-2010, 05:44 PM

I agree, I wish they didn't show so much on the promo's. Now we know who gets the hometown dates, and who goes to the tropical location.

And, I surprised it hasn't been brought up- Ali seemed totally sympathetic towards Justin's girlfriend, but this girl was going along with him to trick Ali into falling in love with him and taking him to the top 3! I'd be pretty upset that she was helping her boyfriend play with another woman's feelings like that!
Old 07-05-2010, 11:50 PM

Oh my gosh, Jake scared me tonight. He had no affect. It was creepy seeing his facial expressions and how he was treating Vienna. I did not watch his show much so I don't have any feelings towards them one way or the other. He reminded me of how my STBX treated me and watching was just very scary for me. I wish I hadn't seen it now!

User Tag List