Bachelorette w/ ALI (commit to stay away from spoilers here or not) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 152 Old 05-16-2010, 07:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The season of the Bachelorette with Ali is soon and I am super excited. Every season I ruin it by reading spoilers especially Reality Steve. This season I have committed to myself to stay away from sites like that and just get the whole sappy love story package from ABC. Anyone with me?

edit- welcome even if you are into spoilers.
#2 of 152 Old 05-16-2010, 09:49 AM

I'm here but not commiting hahah. I'm sure i'll peak at reality steve at some point. I kind of think it's fun to know. But we'll see. In any case i wont' share any spoilers on here and ruin it for anyone else! When does the show start? I haven't seen any previews yet...

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#3 of 152 Old 05-17-2010, 09:35 PM

I watch Dancing with the Stars so they are always talking it up. It was fun to watch Jake as a contestant and see Vienna in the audience!

I am in!

And I don't do spoilers for shows like this b/c it ruins the anticipation and fun for me!

TBH, I'm kind of not that excited about Ali as the bachelorette. She was pretty blah on the show. I hope she's more interesting on this edition. I would have been more excited to see Tenley as the bachelorette.
#4 of 152 Old 05-18-2010, 12:39 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah I am not too crazy about Ali, but wouldn't want to see Tenley either. But knowing me, I would watch either way.
#5 of 152 Old 05-18-2010, 02:04 PM

ahhh ... the dream of the night in shining armor, etc

a good experience for Ali, but such a problem if you expect it in real life.
#6 of 152 Old 05-18-2010, 11:54 PM

I'm in and I never read the spoilers. Hopefully spoilers won't find their way onto this thread like on the Bachelor thread.

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#7 of 152 Old 05-23-2010, 02:53 AM

I am in I need something to have in the background while I crochet

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

#8 of 152 Old 05-25-2010, 12:14 AM

Shooter? Ick, how gross and tasteless, esp upon first meeting a woman! Ewwwww

The only ones I like were the guy from cape cod, roberto, and kasey (but hate the name, it reminds me too much of kypton!)
Posted via Mobile Device
#9 of 152 Old 05-25-2010, 12:55 AM

Location: back in the GREAT state of Minnesota! oh how i have missed you!
i am in!

i really hope no one spoils it this time around...lol i cant stay away, but i SOOOOO hope i stary FARRR away from reality steve this time. i like not knowing!

Your life doesnât change by the man whos elected. If your loved by someone you can't be rejected... decide what to be and go be it! If your a caged bird brake in and demand that somebody free it.
#10 of 152 Old 05-25-2010, 02:26 AM

i thought tonight was good! its great to Ali in the roll of choice maker! i felt really bad for Rated-R (dont know his real name) i did not get the vibe at all that he is there for the wrong reasons. i think he is the best looking out of all of the guys and had a great personality to go along with it. he is my fav so far. i do wonder how they are going to shoot hot tube shots together with the cast....

the guy who sang the song was so cute and i thought he did a great job. the song was too funny!!

Your life doesnât change by the man whos elected. If your loved by someone you can't be rejected... decide what to be and go be it! If your a caged bird brake in and demand that somebody free it.
#11 of 152 Old 05-25-2010, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter

I thought r-rated was there for the right reasons. He seems like a good ordinary guy.

I am really liking Ali as the bachelorette. She is so ordinary saying stupid things like have a good night thing to one of the guys. I really liked Jake, but he seemed like he was reading a script sometime. Ali is just going with the moment it seems.
#12 of 152 Old 05-25-2010, 08:31 AM

I fell asleep during the last part of the show. I saw where she gave a rose to the rated-r guy and the first impression rose to Roberto (who I think she really has a crush on). So -- anyone "important" get kicked out last night? DH couldn't remember -- he wasn't really watching -- he had a basketball game on in the background, I think.
#13 of 152 Old 05-25-2010, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter

Outdoorsy guy they showed a lengthy bio of in the beginning wasn't given a rose. I really like that type if guy, buy guess Ali doesn't.
#14 of 152 Old 05-25-2010, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter

The Lawyer with the bad tom hanks haircut wasn't given a rose. What a relief. He looked really old to me too compared to the other guys.
#15 of 152 Old 05-25-2010, 08:52 AM

I can't believe I missed it! They are re-running it on Sunday though, phew!
#16 of 152 Old 05-25-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post
The Lawyer with the bad tom hanks haircut wasn't given a rose. What a relief. He looked really old to me too compared to the other guys.
I agree!!!
#17 of 152 Old 05-25-2010, 03:36 PM

Even though we've barely gotten to know the guys yet, Roberto is my favorite. I HOPE he continues to be a good guy. He's definitely the cutest, I think. The last guy she gave the rose to seems really sweet, too. I also (so far) like Frank, the guy with glasses that stood up on the limo. He seems fun. I wish Jonathan (the weather guy) didn't get one. He's so annoying. And Shooter? EWWWWW. So glad she didn't keep him.

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#18 of 152 Old 05-27-2010, 12:32 AM

I'm in!

I wasn't going to watch this season because I really couldn't stand Ali towards the end of Jake's season. But Tivo went ahead and recorded it. And now I already really like a few of the guys - Frank, Roberto, the Cape Cod guy, Rated-R.

Shooter?? What the---? That was awful. I'm glad she got rid of him. And that Canadian guy with the long-ish hair who was picking fights with everyone has got to go.

I'm committing to not reading Reality Steve this time. Last time I did and I just couldn't believe it would be Vienna ... it kind of ruined every rose ceremony for me.
#19 of 152 Old 05-27-2010, 02:33 PM

its on hulu.com

i dont really think any of the guys are that cute this season

cold.gifme + headscratch.gif him and one littlecat.gifPaco the Taco hoping for one of these  makebabe.gifin the near future

#20 of 152 Old 05-29-2010, 09:38 AM

Rated-R guy is Justin.

I like Justin and Roberto. Just because of looks though. I need to see more of their personalities to really root for someone.
#21 of 152 Old 05-29-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post
I was totally LOL at this, he looked like such an 80's character, that was so strange!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokulele View Post
And that Canadian guy with the long-ish hair who was picking fights with everyone has got to go.
I can just tell, he and the weather guy are going to be the ones who stay around longer than necessary, just for the drama of everyone not liking him- like with that one guy in Jillian's season, and Vienna.

(BTW, did anyone see Jake and Vienna's dance on DWTS?)

I agree, I don't think too many of them are cute. I have high standards of cuteness. Hopefully as their personalities come out more they will seem more attractive. The only ones who are remotely attractive IMO are the Cape Cod guy, Justin, Roberto (sort of- he seems nice but we shall see), and Frank (although w/ the glasses and messy hair there is a hint of "trying too hard")
#22 of 152 Old 05-30-2010, 09:36 AM

Wow, I never even knew who Reality Steve was until the end of last season with the whole Roz thing so I've never gone through a season with him, now I'm intrigued!

I was in a weird mood when I watched the show, but I felt like the ex-hotshot now-screenwriter guy with the glasses is a plant, and maybe the guy with the hair, too.

Shooter? UGH!

My favorite was "Do you like the Red Sox?"
"I'm from Cape Cod!"
#23 of 152 Old 05-30-2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaken View Post

(BTW, did anyone see Jake and Vienna's dance on DWTS?)
Yes, she was good! I read that she might be on the next DWTS season.
#24 of 152 Old 05-30-2010, 09:40 PM

was anyone else seriously bored. cause i was you would think they could find cuter more interesting guys

cold.gifme + headscratch.gif him and one littlecat.gifPaco the Taco hoping for one of these  makebabe.gifin the near future

#25 of 152 Old 05-31-2010, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaina View Post
was anyone else seriously bored. cause i was you would think they could find cuter more interesting guys
i agree. and ali isn't the most interesting bachelorette, either. nonetheless, I'll be watching tonight!
#26 of 152 Old 05-31-2010, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaina View Post
yah kind of. It took me two days to get through it online. I dunno...i'm sure it will pick up as we get to know the guys more. I also kept thinking, wow none of them really stand out in terms of attractiveness. There were lots of pretty girls on Jake's season...these guys seem more ordinary LOL maybe that will make them better/nicer/more committed...afterall Ali said in the first episode she's ready to have kids!!

I think rated-r is there for the right reasons and the other guys were super jealous of him. They probably think his job is cool even though they made fun of it and they probably sense he's more attractive then them lol.

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#27 of 152 Old 05-31-2010, 10:23 PM

I am including some space for those who have not see it yet..

I would like to go on record as saying that I think both Craig M AND the Weatherman are creepy!

ribbonpurple.gif  "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

#28 of 152 Old 06-01-2010, 12:52 AM

really? i like the weatherman... hmm that leaves me thinking?

i am board this season too! if feels like its all about the man drama. i dont know. its taking me longer to warm up this season.

and Roberto... he had me at i played for the Twins and the Rockies!!! SOLD the Twins are my NUMBER 1 team and the Rockies are second not a close second but second oh and hes cute and seems really nice!

#29 of 152 Old 06-01-2010, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebug View Post
really? i like the weatherman... hmm that leaves me thinking?

i am board this season too! if feels like its all about the man drama. i dont know. its taking me longer to warm up this season.

and Roberto... he had me at i played for the Twins and the Rockies!!! SOLD the Twins are my NUMBER 1 team and the Rockies are second not a close second but second oh and hes cute and seems really nice!
I agree about Roberto, he seems really sweet and he is very cute

#30 of 152 Old 06-01-2010, 03:38 PM

My thoughts:

yikes, craig M was scary, it was almost like he had too much to drink or there was something else going on- he couldn't even get out one full sentence or thought, even when Ali asked him a direct question.

I think she kept the weatherman around as a reward for telling about craig. you just never know which way it will go with that- sometimes they oust the tattler b/c they are spending so much time talking about others and not building their relationship. I don't see him lasting much longer though.

I felt bad that they made the guys wear tiny bathing suits; that didn't seem right to force someone to show off their body and be photographed if they didn't want to be - male or female

poor justin, limping along behind!

I liked Justin, Jesse, Ty, Roberto, and Frank.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page