True Blood Season 3 premiers June 13th - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 425 Old 07-03-2010, 11:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh, I am sooooooooooo missing True Blood this week already!!!!

A whole nother week and a day *sigh*
#122 of 425 Old 07-04-2010, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie64g View Post
Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
In the Books, sookies grandfather is a fairy. So I am guessing in the show, that is why his name was circled on the papers found in Bills house.

Also, in the books, it is discovered that bill was sent back to Bon Temps specifically for sookie by queen sophie anne. I think in the show it is going to come to light sooner then later, the same revelation. The king of MS has already hinted at it, but bill denied it.

Strangle though, the show is supposed to be loosly based on the 3rd book right now, and all this stuff, I think, happened around book 5?

Sweetdaughter, you just made me blush.
I think that you are right. I read somewhere that they might start condensing the books in the shows because otherwise it would take too many seasons to make all the books. So that is probably why we are seeing stuff in the show that doesn't come till later in the books.
#123 of 425 Old 07-04-2010, 03:01 AM

don't know how to do spoiler tags so I'll leave a big space.

Did Sookie's grandfather have the book character's name? At this point she has no idea her lineage has any supernatural beings in it.
#124 of 425 Old 07-04-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neetling View Post
don't know how to do spoiler tags so I'll leave a big space.

Did Sookie's grandfather have the book character's name? At this point she has no idea her lineage has any supernatural beings in it.
ohh, good question. I'll have to go back and watch it to see.

Spoilers are easy like this [spoiler ]text[/spoiler ] (without the spaces).

I am wondering though, if anyone would be interested in a separate thread where we could discuss the show and books. That way one thread could be show only thread with no spoilers. I know last season I hadn't read the books and I couldn't not click on the spoilers and I found out stuff I didn't really want to know. Also, I think it would be fun to be able to talk about both without having to use spoiler tags. Anyone else?
#125 of 425 Old 07-04-2010, 12:52 PM

I believe it is her grandfather's name but the grandfather she knows and her biological grandfather are two different people. It said in the book that her grandmother couldn't have a child with her husband and the fairy son of Niall was in love with her and they had two children together. I hope I got that right. We are on vacation and my books are in the car so I couldn't look it up. She doesn't know any of this yet but I think she will find out sooner rather than later. I do think they will start borrowing from the other books just to keep things interesting. I like how they don't follow the books exactly but just enough that I understand where things are going. The author has said that she likes how the show flows and since they don't tell her how to write books she won't tell them how to write the show. I thought that was super funny. I hope Eric and Sookie hook up soon.

Sara
I love my girlsMadaline(9), Mary-Grace(7), Georgia(3), & Evelyn(1)
#126 of 425 Old 07-04-2010, 03:45 PM

So I went back and checked and the name that is circled is Earl Stackhouse. So maybe it was circled just to clue us in that her grandfather is important, even if it isn't who she thinks it is.
#127 of 425 Old 07-04-2010, 04:00 PM

Thanks for the spoiler tags tutorial. I fixed my post.
#128 of 425 Old 07-07-2010, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

OOOOOOMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!! It feels like 8 years since a new epi. THIS IS TORTURE!
#129 of 425 Old 07-08-2010, 06:50 PM

I was wondering how you all felt about discussing the books and show in relation to each other (I've read all the books). I love both for what they are and they are quite different!

If you look back to even season 1 as well as book 1 the set up is there for
Bill's betrayal of Sookie (him being sent by the queen).
I thought it was very cool how we're seeing more of it in this season of the show. I wonder when it will totally come out. (That was a brutal scene in the books.)

I assume Arlene's baby's dad is Rene. Even though I think a man deserves to know whether a child is his or not I did love her letting Terry think it's his!

I am dying for a new ep!! Though I'm worried because where I usually watch it online isn't working right now...

Agree about that last scene being...ewwww!

I am surprised how much I love Jason in the shows. LOL at him asking about "Santa".

I love Alcide in both book 3 and the show so far but how he acts in later books put me off him. Totally hot, though!

Allison, mom to ds born May 2002
#130 of 425 Old 07-08-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiecat View Post

I am surprised how much I love Jason in the shows. LOL at him asking about "Santa".

I love Alcide in both book 3 and the show so far but how he acts in later books put me off him. Totally hot, though!
LOL to Jason, I like him, too. The Santa question totally cracked me up!

I am on book 2, so I've only seen Alcide on the show, but yes, totally hot!

Oh, and I CAN'T WAIT for Sunday, yay!
#131 of 425 Old 07-09-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiecat View Post
I know! And I typically do not go for guys with facial hair.

Yeah, that last scene was a bit too much for me. Did it really need to be THAT harsh?

The previews for the next episode are looking pretty good!

Mom to DS, born fall 05 after ,,, wife/best friend to DH We have
#132 of 425 Old 07-09-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caneel View Post
I know! And I typically do not go for guys with facial hair.
Me either! And the actual actor, looks not as good clean cut....crazy! It must be the character....
#133 of 425 Old 07-10-2010, 01:14 PM

Where do you watch online? I am on vacation and won't be able to see this weeks episode until next week. I don't think I can wait that long.

Sara
#134 of 425 Old 07-10-2010, 02:36 PM

TVShack is pretty good for watching.

I'm about halfway done with the books, and I wonder if they'll introduce Quinn. I won't go into any more detail since I don't want to spoil, but I like him and hope they include him! Alcide is totally hot...his description in the book had me thinking "meh", but WOW! Nobody compares to my Eric though

Does anybody else just love Pam? She's one of my favorites for some reason, I absolutely LOVE her! Total girl crush.

treehugger.gif NMY, uber-crunchy, college student, doula-in-training, health food store worker and future librarian read.gif

#135 of 425 Old 07-11-2010, 12:59 AM

I just looked on TVShack and it said that the site has been seized by the US government for copyright issues. Where can I go to now?? I will hate to have to wait until I get home on the 18th to watch. BOOOO

Sara
#136 of 425 Old 07-11-2010, 01:10 PM

http://www.free-tv-video-online.info/

I had been going there and searching for it and so far I have always found a link that works. I don't download it - just stream it.

I love Pam, too, both in the books and the show! I hope they introduce Quinn, too, if the show keeps going.

#137 of 425 Old 07-11-2010, 10:07 PM

Thank you Katiecat!!! I hope I can watch it there.

Sara
#138 of 425 Old 07-11-2010, 11:08 PM

I feel badly for Bill. This episode is NOTHING like the books. It is kind of like getting 2 stories.
#139 of 425 Old 07-11-2010, 11:22 PM

Calvin selling V? Really?

And I so wanted to see Sookie getting all made up pretty and making friends with Janice! Well, screw that!

I readily admit I like the books better, but I DO like the show. But some of the stuff Alan Ball is doing with this is just, yech!

Oh, and isn't Franklin described as a "distinguished older gentleman?" Are they basing this Franklin more on the other vampire BF Tara had, I think his name is Mickey?

ETA- We do need a thread just to compare books with show because all I'll end up doing here is complaining about the changes I don't like!
#140 of 425 Old 07-12-2010, 12:15 AM

I both like and dislike the show in comparison to the books. I much prefer the way they laid out the first two seasons in the show. I like the characters on the show better. However, there are so many things in the books I'm just DYING to see on the show. The whole Eric/witches thing, the trip to New Orleans, Quinn, Alcide...I like how they laid all that out in the books. I want them to include it all!

That being said, is that a bald guy I see in the previews for next week?! Quinn?! Maybe? Also, LOVE Eric's little daydream

And Alcide? WOW! He's sooo hot. He just needs to be shirtless all the time.

treehugger.gif NMY, uber-crunchy, college student, doula-in-training, health food store worker and future librarian read.gif

#141 of 425 Old 07-12-2010, 12:16 AM

Well, at first I thought this episode started off slow...but then it got really good. It's killing me to wait a whole week between episodes!

I'm only on book 2, and haven't read any in a week, so I don't have much to compare to, but I think this season is really getting good.
#142 of 425 Old 07-12-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquitane View Post
Calvin selling V? Really?

And I so wanted to see Sookie getting all made up pretty and making friends with Janice! Well, screw that!

I readily admit I like the books better, but I DO like the show. But some of the stuff Alan Ball is doing with this is just, yech!

Oh, and isn't Franklin described as a "distinguished older gentleman?" Are they basing this Franklin more on the other vampire BF Tara had, I think his name is Mickey?

ETA- We do need a thread just to compare books with show because all I'll end up doing here is complaining about the changes I don't like!
I started a new thread here http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1242609 My favorite line last night from Eric "tell all your cousin-brothers to back off." DP I am glad that I have read the books otherwise lines like that would be lost on me.
#143 of 425 Old 07-12-2010, 02:18 PM

Oooh. . .I've gotta check out the new thread (although I have a couple of books I haven't read yet!)

Second to that line, my fave was Lafeyette' "How'my s'posed to deal with this f!ckedupness?!?" or something like that, when he was in the middle of talking to Eric in the car and Eric did his vampire disapearing act.
#144 of 425 Old 07-12-2010, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

I am racking my brain trying to remember who Calvin was. HELP!

So much for me thinking the one theivin Sam was his mama.

I DO NOT like whats going on with Franklin all of a sudden. I liked it much better where Tara was all turned on by him. Her afraid of him and him being obsessed with her is just rubbing me the wrong way.

Debbie pelt made me want to hurl. NO FREAKING WAY someone as smokin as Alcide needs to be all broken hearted over someone so hideous. OYE!

I love Lafeyette. Always have. That guy makes me ROLL!!!!

Nevermind, I figured out who calvin is.

The previews for next week look AMAZEBALLS!!!!! Thank gosh I only have to wait 7 days.
#145 of 425 Old 07-12-2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie64g View Post
I am racking my brain trying to remember who Calvin was. HELP!

So much for me thinking the one theivin Sam was his mama.

I DO NOT like whats going on with Franklin all of a sudden. I liked it much better where Tara was all turned on by him. Her afraid of him and him being obsessed with her is just rubbing me the wrong way.

Debbie pelt made me want to hurl. NO FREAKING WAY someone as smokin as Alcide needs to be all broken hearted over someone so hideous. OYE!

I love Lafeyette. Always have. That guy makes me ROLL!!!!

Nevermind, I figured out who calvin is.

The previews for next week look AMAZEBALLS!!!!! Thank gosh I only have to wait 7 days.
Wait, Calvin was in this episode?! I clearly didn't pay attention as closely as I should have

And I TOTALLY agree about Debbie! She is so gross! I mean, she was gross in the books, but what's with the hideous 80's hair/dress? Ew.

#146 of 425 Old 07-12-2010, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaBeanie View Post
Wait, Calvin was in this episode?! I clearly didn't pay attention as closely as I should have

And I TOTALLY agree about Debbie! She is so gross! I mean, she was gross in the books, but what's with the hideous 80's hair/dress? Ew.
The scene with Lafeytte trying to sell V in Hotshot. And Eric swoops in to save him because he can sense when Lafeyette is in trouble because the latter dranks erics blood. That whole scene cracked me right up.

Oh yea, and hey book readers, what was the deal in the bar where they all started shifting, and it appeared that Alcide couldnt stop himself from shifting. I would like to think that the writers arent so stupid as to throw in a full moon AFTER Alcide left the house. I mean, I would hope hes a bit more aware of that stuff ahead of time. YKWIM?

It become very clear to me that all of Jasons story lines are boring the ever loving SHIZ out of me! WHich is so depressing because I love his character. But honestly, if I ever go back to watch any of them, I just FF through his scenes. Its sad really.

And it also occurred to me what is really bothering me about tara and Franklins relationship. She was all, I wanna die, drinking til she passed out, pill popping and the like. And now all of a sudden, not even 24 hours later, shes scared of dying? It would be WAY cooler if Tara was all, I dun give a hoot, bite me muthahucka! Tie me up, who cares?!?! It would make more sense why Franklin would be all obsessed with her. Those are the things that drew him to her to begin with.
#147 of 425 Old 07-12-2010, 03:26 PM

Ahh ok, I thought that was Hotshot but wasn't sure.

This was several books ago, but there wasn't a whole lot of explanation given for the shifting in the books either (it essentially went down the same way). I believe it was a full moon in the book, but I don't remember why they went out if everyone was going to shift?

#148 of 425 Old 07-12-2010, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

I dunno about the rest of you, but after they finished branding Debbie, and she lay half nekked on that stage. Coot comes up and starts de-robing, I held my breath for another AWFUL scene like last week. Took a big sigh of relief when they gave us a break.

Bill punching out Lorena was AWSOME. I can't stand her. Her accent drives me bonkers.
#149 of 425 Old 07-12-2010, 05:09 PM

Yeah, Debbie is freaking gross! And that 80s hair? I was going to post something about that, but then I thought, what if somebody on here is sporting that same 'do? But, since it's been brought up, she is a total scrank, as my DH would say....
And I like Bill punching Lorena as well, I can't stand her either!
#150 of 425 Old 07-12-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraC View Post
Thank you Katiecat!!! I hope I can watch it there.
I watched it there this morning no problem! Hope it works for you.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page