Anyone watch this show? With The Donald :LOL

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2004, 01:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yea, I do, I was surpised the Heidi got voted off but then again, Troy and the other guy are close so I guess I should have known he would not have taken kwami(sp?) with him.
Old 03-12-2004, 01:37 AM - Thread Starter

I was pretty sure that she was going, although for a minute I thought Donald would have fired Troy for not bringing Kwanie with him. It is now 4 guys and 2 girls. I will be very surprised if a girl wins this, although I have to say I think Amy is the smartest one of the bunch. She saved their butts with the advertising idea.

My dh said that he read somewhere that Troy is a forerunner for the job and that he has had 180 job offers from other companies so far! I personally don't get that he is that smart, nice yes, cute yes, not that smart. I think the two smartest as far as I can tell are Amy and Nick. What do you think?

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all
Old 03-12-2004, 04:33 AM

I'll out myself. :LOL

My dh summed up Troy perfectly-he said his only strength is not getting fired. He's not a visionary, nor is he creative at all. He's like that old school sales manager type-full of motivational cliches.
He annoys me.

I think Amy and Nick will be pitted against each other-that will make for interesting viewing.

Kwame is so hot.
Old 03-12-2004, 04:53 AM

"Kwame is so hot"

Oh YA........I`d like to be under him for an hour or so!
Old 03-12-2004, 06:20 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Heidi... needed to go. She's been lucky so far that someone else always pisses the Donalds hair off and gets fired instead of her. I agree with Carolyn. She isn't awful she just really hasn't delivered.

Troy... Okay, I love me some Troy. He knows how to connect with people and get things done. The volume sales of the water, the way he charmed the celebs on the auction show. I think he knows how to build the kind of relationships and loyalty that gets things done. I agreed with him sending Kwame back to the room, but he should have simply said that it was because he felt Kwame was stronger overall though he did not outperform Heidi in this particular task. That's what Trump is doing. Last week Omarosa was the only one the losing team that sold anything but she went home anyway. Because the Donald is fed up with her attitude. (Also, Omarosa lied about disagreeing about the artist and I guess no one else remembered since no one called her on it. She does a nice job of re-writing history.)

Kwame is hot. Also... he's maybe not the best but he's not bad. I was incomfortable with the autograph thing at Planet Hollywood though.

Nick... hate him. Can't explain it but he is just smug and smarmy. Also, not as smart as he thinks.

Bill... Very smart. Has shown he knows when to shut up and when to speak up. Has good ideas, leads well and unlike some of these baraccudas is able to listen to other people and take direction.

Amy... Preatty smart but not all that and abag of chips. The Donald agrees with me.

Kristy, karrie... whatever her name is.... On the A train to fired-city. She hasn't done anything attention worthy. She has laid back, ridden coat tails and it has been noted.

I simply adore Carolyn and George.

I have bad dreams about the hamster on the Donalds head.
Old 03-12-2004, 10:56 AM

I recently got hooked on this as well---I was painting the living room and watching friends and couldn't touch anything with my wet-paint hands so I got stuck listening to it. Four weeks later, I'm hooked.

I wasn't surprised to see Heidi go. She was a little too off-the-cuff for the group, too easy to speak her mind when sometimes you just need to smile and nod and fake your enthusiasm. Troy does nothing for me. I can't stand Bill, he's just kind of smarmy to me. Nick is also smarmy but in the same way The Donald is, so I think that is going to work well for him. Katrina is not long for this world---she's always complaining and never seems to have anything nice to say about anyone (which is nice at a party, but not in business). Kwame is hot but hasn't done anything very outstanding in the episodes I've seen. Amy is very very smart and as long as she doesn't get her bum burned w/ Nick, she could certainly go all the way.

Oh, goodness, I can't believe I had that much to say about this show.

I'm a morning person.  We actually do exist.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:38 AM

I think the funny thing is, and maybe we would all agree, is that no one stands out as being stellar enough to do the job! Dawningmama, I feel the same way about Bill! The guy seems so spineless-you can see him shaking in his boots if the D asks him a direct question. And then he hems and haws. I just think he's a dufus. I also think Amy is sharp-but a sharp marketing person. Her idea about the rickshaw advertising is one any marketing person would have come up with-not really all that innovative.

Did anyone else crack up at the comments Heidi and Troy made when they were trying to sell the art last week? Sorry, I'm a bit of a snob about that. :LOL
Old 03-12-2004, 02:27 PM

Quote:
I recently got hooked on this as well---I was painting the living room and watching friends and couldn't touch anything with my wet-paint hands so I got stuck listening to it. Four weeks later, I'm hooked.
That's okay--you don't need to make excuses--we understand! :LOL

While I don't think Heidi did anything this week to merit getting fired, she definitely was the next obvious choice. She's cleaned up her act a lot since her mom was diagnosed with cancer, but she's still not company president material.

I can't stand Nick, for the same reasons as kama--he's smug and smarmy. Remember when they were at that club and he and Amy were flirting, and he was chomping on that gum!? That image haunts me.

Katrina is leaving soon. She would have gone this week if her team had lost. Trump can't stand her.

I'm not sure how I feel about Amy. She's smart, but I don't know. If she genuinely has a crush on Nick, I have to wonder about her.

Kwame is indeed hot. And he hasn't done anything totally stupid to get fired, but I'm not sure whether he's got anything outstanding going for him that will keep him around until the end.

I think Troy is great. He may not be the smartest one in the competition, but he's got the personality that's crucial to succeed. He's friendly, funny, self-deprecating, and as someone pointed out on the show a couple of weeks ago, he knows how to read people and respond appropriately. I think he could win it.

My other choice to win it is Bill. I agree with everything kama said about him. I don't think he's wishy-washy, I think he's just cautious. Which, I admit, may not fly well with The Donald, but I think it's generally a good way to be in business.

But then... what do I know about business? :LOL
Old 03-12-2004, 02:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
i missed the show last night.
can some tell me why heidi got the axe and I saw a promo that said, "don't cross caroyln. what happened?

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Old 03-12-2004, 03:01 PM

Yippee! I was wondering if anyone else was watching! I'm hooked and it is the only TV I watch. The Donald is the funniest thing on television--at least his hair is! I love staring at his hair--its a marvel!

It was an article in USA today yesterday that said Troy was the favorite. In addition to being a nice guy he also cares for his mom who has lupus and his step-sister who has mental and physical disabilities. I'm all for Troy!

Loved all of Kama'aina Mama's comments. Although I'm not that much of a fan of Bill--he doesn't do anything for me! I think it will come down to Troy and Amy.

For me the saddest thing on this show has been the women! Besides Amy, there really hasn't been any talent. I was hoping that Omarosa was going to be the strong, smart one but she really turned out to be a whack job! Heidi was way too rough around the edges. I agree that Katrina will be the next to go. And remember Tammy!

It is so much fun and so much fun to go on about the day after around the water cooler! And you should see the banner outside of trump world tower on 5th avenue--the donald bigger than life! Hysterical! It is really just a big long commercial for donald trump. Like he needed one.
:LOL

Mama to two wonderful daughers: 02/03/03 and 10/19/05
Old 03-12-2004, 03:16 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I love this show!!
I have watched it since the begining (I know sad )

I love Troy. He is so cute, and smart and funny. I think he has a good chance to win.

Kwame has a good chance too. I think he just has not had his chance to shine, but it will come soon.

I HATE Nick. He just bothers me. I put he and Sam at the same level. THey just get on my nerves.

Bill is the other person I would put on the list for winning. He plays the game really well. He can listen to the others and knows how to make everybody happy.

I don't really like Amy either. She reminds me of the stuck on them selves pretty girls from high school. I think she is just playing Nick, while he is really stuck on her.

I think Katrina will be the next one gone, if her team loses. She strikes me as ditsy and flity, "the no one likes me" attitude does not fit in here.

Wow, I sound really mean.

I can't wait to see what happens next!

belly.gifSAHM, carseat geek, cattle raising woman to 5 girls (15, 10, 8, 6, 2) wild.gifand a stork-suprise.gif due in July!
Old 03-12-2004, 03:59 PM

Wait - I haven't watched since Tammy was fired - who else has been fired? Did they finally get rid of Omarosa?

"We shape the clay into a pot but it is the emptiness inside that holds whatever we want" Lao Tzu
Old 03-12-2004, 04:11 PM

No one really crossed carolyn - I'm not sure why they said that in the preview, it was a fakeout.

I like Amy and Troy. Troy is definitely a small town boy - not NY thinking but in general I think he really tries to come up with ideas and does have a good attitude.

Katrina has to go next.
Old 03-12-2004, 04:18 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
I liked Heidi. I was kind of bummed that she got canned. But she is my type of gal -

Kwame is useless...he hasn't done anything! Witht he art thing - did anyone notice that he didn't even seem to be present at the gallery? And then the riding the pettycab around and not one sale. I think he is lovely (my) but I don't think he has the ooomph to be good at this job.

I like Troy. He reminds me of middle management type though.

AMy is a little too full of herself for me to take her seriously - I think she stays out of the way enough and only opens her mouth when she thinks it is safe. And as a result she has been in a good spot several times. I think that she has a good shot of making it unless she gets put in a tight spot and has to think fast and makes decisions fast.

Everyone else has been a non entity to me...Katrina annoys me. Bill and Nick sort of blend into one person for me.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Old 03-12-2004, 06:44 PM

I agree with AdinaL. I liked Heidi - at least she was interesting.

I love Troy - he always seems to be able to come up with ideas when the pressure is on (I do not work well under pressure so I really admire that trait).

I can't stand Katrina - what a bitter woman.

I can't stand Nick although I did like how he gave back the money last night.

Bill and Kwame are both just blah to me.

I like Amy although I don't see what she's done except manage to always be on the winning team, which I don't think was due to her.

I think Amy will win.
Old 03-12-2004, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ladylee
I think the funny thing is, and maybe we would all agree, is that no one stands out as being stellar enough to do the job!
Don't mean to disagree with another MDC momma, but I do!

I think that Troy and Amy are both stellar. Troy is definitely a guy that figures out a way to get something done even if he doesn't have the expertise for it. He blew me away on the apartment challenge - he knew absolutely nothing about real estate (or NY city for that matter!) and he was smart enough to go for the same apartment that the other team wanted and he out-negotiated the woman who is the supposed real estate expert!

I find his demeanor very non-threatening and likable. His negotiations during the Pediatric AIDS challenge were nothing short of brilliant. I think he is an absolute winner.

Amy has been my fave since the beginning. She hooked me when she negotiated for a golf club with a Chinese man and didn't do it by acting stupid or naive. She was amazing! And her idea for the advertising was great.

Given the two, I would probably opt for Troy because I think he has an easier personality to get along with but I don't think the Donald could lose by hiring Amy.

The one that I absolutely can't stand is Nick - when he's good, he's good. But 50% of the time he makes terrible decisions and he is a LOUSY negotiator.

The other three stink!
Old 03-12-2004, 07:06 PM
lab

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Has anyone heard the stink on Omarosa?

She is crazy! Apparently she is doing the talk show circuit claiming a racial slur was thrown at her. (the producers have reviewed the tapes and claim she is lying).

Very interesting to hear her take on her 'head truama' She says she has the mri to prove it!

Trying to do the right thing with three kids and a hubby. 
ds20, dd18, ds17
Old 03-12-2004, 10:57 PM

LoveBeads-by all means disagree-the operative word there was maybe :LOL. I didn't see the apartment episode, and I do think Troy and Amy are two of the best contestants on the show & that they both have lots of positive attributes, but I don't see either one being company president.

After working for 15+ years in NYC and rubbing elbows w/various movers and shakers (I'm not glorifying myself to say I was one-I wasn't!) I've got the impression that someone really has to be unique to handle the whole NY thing. I don't see any of the people who are left being able to do that-Heidi had elements of it, even that crazy guy (Sam?) had elements of it. Everyone else is too nice.

Oh, Omarosa. I had such high hopes for her. What a disappoint! :LOL
Old 03-13-2004, 03:58 AM

Kwame is gorgeous....

That's all I have to say.

Kylix
Old 03-13-2004, 04:16 AM

Yeah... Omarosa showed promise at first... before the pressure brought out the lunacy.

I keep wondering... how many companies does the Donald own? I'm sure some of them are on the smallish side and if they tank under this kid it won't hurt him much. I mean... the bottled water thing... it's just starting out... he hasn't got a ton of money into it yet. If it is mishandled it starts slowly and doesn't capture much of a market share, (no big deal) and if it is run well it goes like gang busters and makes everyone involved happy and rich.
Old 03-13-2004, 12:56 PM

I've been watching the show since it started, and I'm very disappointed in the women. the infighting, moodiness, bitchy-ness, sheesh its like they all have PMS all the time. The guys don' t act that way, why are the women? I certainly wouldn't want any of the women on this show to run my business (if i had one) simply because I don't think any of those women could make rational business decisions because they seem moody all the time, based on what they've shown us.
Old 03-13-2004, 01:51 PM

Well, I think the guys demonstrate some neanderthal-type behavior, too. I would say there's a lack of maturity and self-control among all of them-I can't believe the blame games they take into the board room. Wait, I remember now, this is TV! :LOL
Old 03-13-2004, 02:17 PM

You'll enjoy this.
NY Post on Omarosa - She's Baaaack

God she was both repellant and fascinating to watch, but I was very happy to see her go. I'm not surprised at all the attention she is getting. Even an Entertainment Weekly writer wrote a short blurb this past week how he loved her because she was so "bad."

I LOVE the show. I love the Donald (I admire him for his success). I love real estate development. I LOVE Carolyn! I love seeing NYC again on TV. I am from there.

I have been watching from the beginning, out of curiousity, not expecting much and was surprised to get hooked. DH hates "the Donald" and is hooked as well. :LOL (I can't stand Survivor anymore. I don't watch/can't stand any other pime time reality show other than MTV Real World vs. Road Rules now and then.)

So who do you think SHOULD win? I think Bill (cigar owner?) should win. I think Amy is smart and has a lot of potential to be chosen.

Though the women played on their sexually too much. That was my only pet peeve about the women's team. As far as their in-fighting It's just interesting that it was basically due to one person who couldn't control her emotions (Ereka) which also got her fired because she lost it when she couldn't find her own data. :

I couldn't stand Tammy - what a disaster. Yet the women never had an ugly confrontation with her. Odd.

10 - boy
5.5 - girl
Old 03-13-2004, 03:03 PM

Well they were obviously hoping for high drama when they decided to make the initial teams men vs women... and they got it. I really wish they hadn't. It is such an un-natural situation and it never works as well as balanced teams.
Old 03-13-2004, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ladylee
After working for 15+ years in NYC and rubbing elbows w/various movers and shakers (I'm not glorifying myself to say I was one-I wasn't!) I've got the impression that someone really has to be unique to handle the whole NY thing. I don't see any of the people who are left being able to do that-Heidi had elements of it, even that crazy guy (Sam?) had elements of it. Everyone else is too nice.
Yes, yes, yes!!! I am also from NYC and worked there for several years before moving to DC (in advertising!). So I totally hear ya! There is definitely a certain personality that is needed to deal with the other New Yawkas and that is why I am totally set on Troy and Amy.

I'm sorry you didn't see the apartment episode - I think it would have definitely given you a different perspective on Troy. He was amazing!

I think Heidi has that "edge" but she is way too rough around the edges. Look at the woman that Trump hired - she's cool, classy and short on words.

I say Amy or Troy can handle it! Can't wait to see what happens!!
Old 03-13-2004, 05:21 PM

From tanibani's link:
Quote:
"I want to bring back serious suits that show you mean business - I love French cuffs, sharp lapels and low-cut business jackets that accentuate what women are.
Since when does "low-cut" equal "means business"? And "what women are"? Give me a break. That woman's crazy.

Quote:
I keep wondering... how many companies does the Donald own? I'm sure some of them are on the smallish side and if they tank under this kid it won't hurt him much.
kama, I'm thinking they're probably not actually going to turn over a company to the winner. It will probably be more of a title thing with some intern-type responsibilities. I'm sure there will be a lot of supervision by someone who actually knows what they're doing. I think Trump likes money too much to let someone throw lots of his away.
Old 03-13-2004, 09:10 PM

OK, LoveBeads, I'll give Troy a chance :LOL. I will say he's what I wish MORE people in NY were like. Amy is slick enough to deal, but again, I only see her in some sort of marketing/advertising position. She'll be successful wherever she ends up though. I wish I had seen more of Tammy's drama-wasn't watching those episodes. I see Donald is doing two more seasons. Hurray!

(can I just share my experience with The Donald? I met him backstage at a performance of Jesus Christ Superstar. I was in the dressing room of one of the actors & he came in to thump him on the back. At the time it was quite surreal for me.)

And yes, it is great to see shots of NY again, even though the financial district & midtown aren't my favorite parts of the city. I tried to stay below 23rd St. (and above Canal) as much as possible!

User Tag List