True Blood: Book and Show comparison lots of spoilers, no tags - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 188 Old 07-29-2010, 04:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiecat View Post
I had wondered if Hadley was (still) human or not so that line answered that question. When I read the summary about Hadley introducing Sookie to a member of the family I immediately assumed it was Hunter but now I am thinking maybe Claudine. But that is really different if Hadley knows Claudine. But her also having contact with Hunter would be different, too. Or I guess in the books she only lost contact with Hunter once she was turned? We just didn't see all that.
I don't know. It's hard to say how they'll do it since they're changing so much.
#62 of 188 Old 07-29-2010, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraC View Post
This is the comic-con preview that is super juicy!

http://www.hbo.com/#/true-blood/abou...GyMQIAWCcXOA==
That wasnt the same one, but still very good. Thank you.

That WAS Franklin. I could tell by the sillouette. Which makes sense now that I think of it. I was watching 6 today, again, and realized that when she blugeoned him, he didnt disinegrate like vampires are supposed to when they die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyantavid View Post
I think that scene when Bill's in the sun is dream while he's out of it after Lorena's done with him. Just my guess.
ok, DUH!!!! Dream sequence. Why the HELL didnt I think of that?!@?!?! IDIOT!
#63 of 188 Old 07-30-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie64g View Post

That WAS Franklin. I could tell by the sillouette. Which makes sense now that I think of it. I was watching 6 today, again, and realized that when she blugeoned him, he didnt disinegrate like vampires are supposed to when they die.
I don't think Franklin is dead either. But I was wondering about the disintegrating thing...they don't seem to when they die in the show. Or am I missing it? In the books it seems like a vampire's death is a pretty neat and tidy thing but when Bill staked Longshadow - ewwwww!!!! (Poor Ginger -she's hilarious.)

Allison, mom to ds born May 2002
#64 of 188 Old 07-30-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
I don't think Franklin is dead either. But I was wondering about the disintegrating thing...they don't seem to when they die in the show. Or am I missing it? In the books it seems like a vampire's death is a pretty neat and tidy thing but when Bill staked Longshadow - ewwwww!!!! (Poor Ginger -she's hilarious.)
Or just now when Bill staked that bald dude, or back in Season 1 when Jason's girlfriend staked Eddy. Yea, its pretty nasty. So the fact that Franklin didnt do any of those things suggests to me that hes STILL alive. Or, errrrr, well, you know, a living vampire anyway.
#65 of 188 Old 07-31-2010, 04:49 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Debbie Pelt is prettier than I pictured her in the book, which makes sense, since I didn't really get what Alcide saw in her anyway. Crystal just doesn't seem right, however, that's not really how I pictured her.

Of course, Sookie isn't really how I picture her from reading the books, and I watched a season and a half of the show before I started reading the books.

For some reason, I picture Claudine as looking like Maryann--maybe because she was showing up in the show as I was reading the series. I dunno. Sophie-Anne and Pam are not depicted the way I read them in the novels. Sophie-Anne seems too weak and flighty, and Pam is just not at all like she is in the books, in my opinion.
#66 of 188 Old 08-02-2010, 10:21 AM

Well, I did not like how the staking of Lorena went down in the show. Anyone else? I'd rather Sookie have done it herself than Bill come to her rescue.

Oh, and Crystal in the books is described as dark, with dark hair. So I guess that's why she doesn't seem right.
#67 of 188 Old 08-02-2010, 10:26 AM

Absolutely I prefer the book staking of Lorena but given how they are portraying Sookie I didn't think she'd do it alone. I was wondering if it would be her at all so I was glad it was.

The scene with Claudine was remeniscent of Jason and Amy's V trips *shudder*. So hokey.

But a very good episode!

#68 of 188 Old 08-02-2010, 02:22 PM

I didn't like the way they introduced the Fae storyline, and I couldn't complain to my husband, because he hasn't finished the books yet!

I love Eric and Pam and Lafayette, I am glad they kept him in. I can do without Tara at this point, although she is more interesting on the show than in the books.

Mom to two lovely girls, 4 and 3. SAHW/M in need of sleep.
#69 of 188 Old 08-02-2010, 02:28 PM

OK, The whole fea-dream sequence had me going, ahhh, WHAT?!?!?! Especially with the running and dancing and nakedness. Sorry, but it had cheesecake facotry written ALL OVER IT! Just my opinion though.

I'm glad franklin will be coming back. I liked him in a crazy freakish sorta way. I was SOOOO mad when it ended at 950 pm. Immediately I screamed, THEY DID IT AGAIN!
#70 of 188 Old 08-02-2010, 04:51 PM

The actress portraying Claudine is way off from the book character. I'm wondering if they are going to skip making Jason Fae.
#71 of 188 Old 08-02-2010, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter

I thought I had remembered that Crystal was dark haired also. I'm not sure why they changed how Sookie staked Lorena, it was such a good part of the book and it seemed, to me, like they lessened Sookie's character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neetling View Post
The actress portraying Claudine is way off from the book character. I'm wondering if they are going to skip making Jason Fae.
I totally agree about Claudine. I had a hard time even watching that part of the show. I was also thinking the same thing about Jason. It would make sense considering he was affected/effected? by Maryanne. The only other reason I can figure that Sookie might not have a blood type is because of all the vampire blood that she has ingested.
#72 of 188 Old 08-03-2010, 10:26 AM

Please dish how Sookie Staked Lorena in the book. I have read the synopsis, but it didnt give much detail.
#73 of 188 Old 08-03-2010, 11:12 AM

In the books, she found Bill and Lorena, then Lorena went to attack Sookie. When she did, Sookie had a stake in her hand, and Lorena fell on the stake. It was almost on accident, but Sookie did do it by herself and was glad she did it.
#74 of 188 Old 08-04-2010, 03:42 PM

Was it just me or did Claudine have a British/Irish/Scottish accent? I don't think she talked that way in the books, did she?

Crystal seems WAYYYYY off! It seems like they are trying to make her a character the audience can sympathize with.

And Bill helping Sookie stake Lorena, geesh! We all know she can do that herself!
#75 of 188 Old 08-04-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquitane View Post
Was it just me or did Claudine have a British/Irish/Scottish accent? I don't think she talked that way in the books, did she?
Yes, on the show she has an accent, and in the books she does not.
#76 of 188 Old 08-04-2010, 08:46 PM

Hey book readers. Any relevance in Claudines comment about the water NOT being what killed sookies parents? Or is that a total show thing?
#77 of 188 Old 08-04-2010, 09:12 PM

It is a book thing and I believe it is in book 8 where they talk about that.

Sara
I love my girlsMadaline(9), Mary-Grace(7), Georgia(3), & Evelyn(1)
#78 of 188 Old 08-05-2010, 08:18 AM

OK, now what about the V? Or humans drinking the vampire blood at all? Is there any similarities in the books to this? Just curious because this is the first time I have ever seen or read this type of activity in Vampire mythology, whether in books or movies. Usually the recipt of vampire blood, either drinking or introvenusly, has always resulted in turning. (I have been into the whole vampire mythology for a LONG TIME, and read several different conotations of the matter)

I actually think its a pretty cool spin. V being a powerful and addictive drug, but also having the ability to cure things like cancer, aids, and asmtha.
#79 of 188 Old 08-05-2010, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie64g View Post
OK, now what about the V? Or humans drinking the vampire blood at all? Is there any similarities in the books to this? Just curious because this is the first time I have ever seen or read this type of activity in Vampire mythology, whether in books or movies. Usually the recipt of vampire blood, either drinking or introvenusly, has always resulted in turning. (I have been into the whole vampire mythology for a LONG TIME, and read several different conotations of the matter)

I actually think its a pretty cool spin. V being a powerful and addictive drug, but also having the ability to cure things like cancer, aids, and asmtha.
It's mentioned in the books that people do V, but it's not a storyline.
#80 of 188 Old 08-05-2010, 09:26 AM

It is in the books. Eric and the queen don't sell it in the books but it is mentioned that people do like to drink the blood and have been known to drain a vampire just to get the blood to sell or injest.

Sara
#81 of 188 Old 08-05-2010, 10:43 AM

Yes in the books V is pretty much the same as any other illegal drug. And there are drainers (like the Rattrays from S1). It's mentioned it's a very hazardous occupation.

#82 of 188 Old 08-05-2010, 10:46 AM

I don't really like the v storyline in the books. Maybe that's just because I really don't like the queen? I don't know.

I'm not sure how much of the fairies they'll bring into the show, but there are good and bad fairies. Although if Claudine's telling Sookie already that water didn't kill her parents, I do wonder how much (or if) Niall will be in the show.
#83 of 188 Old 08-08-2010, 11:25 PM

Ok, Bill and Sookie back together??
Holly looks different from what I pictured (of course). I also don't care for how Calvin is portayed...or all of Hotshot, for that matter. I wonder if Jason will get bitten?
I was surprised Sookie didn't kill Debbie, but I guess keeping with the books, she should kill her next season. It does seem like they're setting it up for the amnesia storyline, which is great
I'm so over Bill!
#84 of 188 Old 08-09-2010, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nola79 View Post
I'm so over Bill!
Me too! Bring on the Viking!!!!!

Sara
#85 of 188 Old 08-09-2010, 08:36 AM

I loved this:

Jessica: "No way!"

Bill: "Way."

Laughed out loud at that! Maybe he's starting to "get" her? Liked that he started teaching her how to be a vampire.

Are they bringing Holly in to start the Eric amnesia storyline? How the hell is Eric going to stay free of Russell? Maybe Alan Ball will have Russell be the catalyst in the amnesia story?
#86 of 188 Old 08-09-2010, 09:53 AM

Loved the scene with Bill and Jessica!

I am really wondering if they are going to make Jason a panther, too. Was Ruby Jean forshadowing the witches coming? I think I heard Hallow has a significant role in S4. The fight between Sookie and Debbie was great! I can see that Sookie will kill her next season - I hope so!

#87 of 188 Old 08-09-2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
I loved this:

Jessica: "No way!"

Bill: "Way."

Laughed out loud at that! Maybe he's starting to "get" her? Liked that he started teaching her how to be a vampire.

Are they bringing Holly in to start the Eric amnesia storyline? How the hell is Eric going to stay free of Russell? Maybe Alan Ball will have Russell be the catalyst in the amnesia story?
That was funny! It surprised me that Bill showed so much wit.

Quote:
Loved the scene with Bill and Jessica!

I am really wondering if they are going to make Jason a panther, too. Was Ruby Jean forshadowing the witches coming? I think I heard Hallow has a significant role in S4. The fight between Sookie and Debbie was great! I can see that Sookie will kill her next season - I hope so!
Panthers? Who is a panther? I didn't read the books so maybe I have no business butting into this thread, I am just lusting for TB info.

Mom to DS, born fall 05 after ,,, wife/best friend to DH We have
#88 of 188 Old 08-09-2010, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caneel View Post
That was funny! It surprised me that Bill showed so much wit.

Panthers? Who is a panther? I didn't read the books so maybe I have no business butting into this thread, I am just lusting for TB info.
The people in Hot Shot are werepanthers. That's why Calvin called Sam a "shifter" - he can tell what Sam is.
#89 of 188 Old 08-09-2010, 03:21 PM

Oh, Caneel, read the books! They are so much better than the show!

Then you can come on here and make snarky comments like the rest of us!!
#90 of 188 Old 08-09-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Oh, Caneel, read the books! They are so much better than the show!

Then you can come on here and make snarky comments like the rest of us!!
Come on over to our side, Caneel! Read 'em, they're great, you'll love them!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page