Average Joe: Adam Returns - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-16-2004, 02:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just finished watching Adam returns. I wish I was not into these reality shows, but thats what all those years without a tv will do. Your desire for easy entertainment comes back multiplied.

I was thankful to see that the women were all realitively normal looking. I am a little frustrated that they are going to be bringing in the swimsuit models too.

I feel like the editors want us to root for Jen L (the one with the really big smile and the biggest nose) she is definitely cute and seems fun but they seem to want her to be the portrait of average the way Dennis was the first time and David (with the poofy hair and big glasses) was the second time.

I am not sure I will be able to get really vested in this if he ends up looking shallow.

I really liked him the first time and I would be sorry to see a dark side of Adam come out on TV, even if I knew it was partly editing.
#2 of 7 Old 03-16-2004, 04:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
I am a little frustrated that they are going to be bringing in the swimsuit models too.
It seemed to me from the previews they showed at the end that he's going to make all the swimsuit models turn around and go home. He said something like "I just had to do it--I had to take control of the show". That would make me happy, if I'm right.

It seems like so far he's really concerned about NOT being shallow, but I guess we'll see how it goes as the show goes on.
#3 of 7 Old 03-16-2004, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

I hope you are right about him sending them home. (not that there isn't a beauty like that who would be interested in him.) I didn't like how those three guys doing that part of the selection were only going to choose based on looks.
I also thought that Tariq should have come up with a few more matches out of the 4 million eHarmony folks. He sent one home already.
He sent the two fattest girls home too. I suppose there is a lot that is edited out. I know one was like a stalker, too.

I am sure with three little kids I missed a lot, but I did tape it, if I REALLY feel like going back over a few parts. Makes me look like a fanatical viewer too, huh?

It looked like they were not going to let the average girls know that the swimsuit models were competing (that is, living separately, dating separately).

I missed the "take control of the show" part.
#4 of 7 Old 03-16-2004, 11:41 PM

I saw the commercial I thought he looked a little like Matt Leblanc off friends ..told dh 'that isn't average joe -that is close enough to look good" LOL
#5 of 7 Old 03-17-2004, 05:56 PM

I didn't know swimsuit models were coming??? I also wonder why this show is only 4 weeks and the others were much longer. I hope that he picks a relatively normal girl, I thought that all of them were cute, but I am sad that he send the heavier ones home, especially the one who was supposed to be a good match. The other one WAS sort of stalkerish! :LOL

He seems like a nice guy, but my fear as him would be that most of these girls only want me now that they know I have $$. I thought he was great before I found out he had $$ but I am sure alot of these girls realized just how great he was after the $$ came into play, kwim?

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all
#6 of 7 Old 03-17-2004, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

I think Adam has a lot of endearing qualities and that he is nice looking. I think a lot of the public watched him and favored him before the last episode where his fortune was revealed. He is surrounded by loving friends, he is well-grounded, and funny. He also seems to pick up on the disingenous (sp?) or false kindnesses of others. Like he said of the stalker "she is a big fan of the show and a big fan of me..." (implied was...but a little crazy, right?)

I think he'll be able to determine who is there for more than money. The thing is, how many of these relatively average looking girls have a shot at most bachelor dating shows. I hope they like him not just want the chance at romance and figure he'll feel sorry for them and give them a shot.

Not that most of them were ugly. just not perfect. many of them were more attractive than me, by the way, so i am not being harsh i hope.
#7 of 7 Old 03-17-2004, 06:10 PM

No I don't think you are being harsh at all. I hope your right and he meets a nice girl who likes him for him, well as much as you can really know someone from watching them on tv :LOL and not the $$. It should be interesting to watch and I do hope he gives the models the heave ho!

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page