Project Runway - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 50 Old 10-22-2010, 10:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is now one else watching to the finale?

I want to discuss what happened last night!

WTF were the judges thinking?!? This is what annoys me most about the show is I know that the producers use their power to sway the judges. How could they possibly send that person home!!!

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 50 Old 10-22-2010, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I always liked gretchen but, her clothes last night were terrible! That hammock butt swing thing was just awful!

I just didn't see anything remotely fashion forward about anything she did.

At least Michael C. had runway worthy pieces. I can't imagine anything of gretchen's on a real runway. Her jewelry was terrible, her clothes looked like Goodwill separates. I'm just really shocked that hey kept her. Unless she redesigns her entire collection, I just don't get how she stands a chance. Michael at least had some amazing pieces to work with.
#33 of 50 Old 10-22-2010, 02:20 PM

I've never liked Gretchen or her clothes. I'm a pretty annoyed that they put her in the top 3. The only thing that would have made me more upset is if they had sent Andy home instead.
#34 of 50 Old 10-22-2010, 02:49 PM

don't care a whole lot for michael C or gretchen.

just glad andy and mondo got to go!

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Olivercoolshine.gif

#35 of 50 Old 10-22-2010, 02:52 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laedi View Post
I've never liked Gretchen or her clothes. I'm a pretty annoyed that they put her in the top 3.
I agree. Her stuff is just ugly to my eye.

Mike C. would have put on a better show.
#36 of 50 Old 10-23-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcal View Post
I always liked gretchen but, her clothes last night were terrible! That hammock butt swing thing was just awful!

I just didn't see anything remotely fashion forward about anything she did.

At least Michael C. had runway worthy pieces. I can't imagine anything of gretchen's on a real runway. Her jewelry was terrible, her clothes looked like Goodwill separates. I'm just really shocked that hey kept her. Unless she redesigns her entire collection, I just don't get how she stands a chance. Michael at least had some amazing pieces to work with.
I agree 100%! I cant believe they kept Gretchen over Michael. I seriously hated everything she did all season. I just don't get it.

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#37 of 50 Old 10-23-2010, 02:46 PM

I finally watched this last night. All season I've been wondering what the judges saw in Gretchen - and I still don't see it. Not at all. Last night's were even worse than the rest of the season.

I felt really bad for Michael C. He seems to need his parents' approval so badly, but I suspect they wouldn't have been supportive had he won the whole show. I think he does some great stuff for someone who doesn't really know anything about sewing or fabric - and I think someday he'll probably be a great designer. For now, though, he's not in the same league as Mondo and Andy (though he's light years ahead of Gretchen IMNSHO). I think whomever they picked for that third spot was destined to be a filler. The showdown is between Andy and Mondo. I like them both, but I'm definitely team Mondo. I'll only be really disappointed, though, if Gretchen manages to take it somehow.
#38 of 50 Old 10-23-2010, 09:46 PM

eclipse- I totally agree with your whole post.

I'm a big PR fan and won't stop watching, but I've been utterly perplexed and annoyed by this season's judging. I could not stand Gretchen's , honestly I thought it was laughable and she'd definitely be out. Totally disagree with Nina's comments- *I* am quite "crunchy granola" (even tho I can't stand that term) and there was NOTHING "crunchy granola" in her clothes. Mismatched safari print highwaisted pants and blouse, a swinging-rope-butt-like dress ???? doesn't say "crunchy" to me in the least; long flowy skirts, comfortable dresses and pants, maybe.

I do wish gretchen well and hope things improve for her. I missed why she didn't have a home and her bank account was empty when she returned? Was she staying with her mom?

I liked what I saw of Andy's. Loved the fabrics from Laos and all the intricate work he did, and the color pallette.

I like Mondo's creativeness, workmanship, and vision, even if personally I don't like the clothes. I would be happy if either he or Andy wiins, but I'm betting on Mondo.

Michaels' reaction was really over the top. And again, with Gretchen's "concern".

Oh- and I'm surprised heidi didn't like andy's hair pieces- anyone remember the hat challenge where she wore an upsidedown flower on her head?
#39 of 50 Old 10-23-2010, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaken View Post

I do wish gretchen well and hope things improve for her. I missed why she didn't have a home and her bank account was empty when she returned? Was she staying with her mom?
It sounded like she had a bad break up with someone.
#40 of 50 Old 10-23-2010, 10:13 PM

Oh, and I agree that Michael's reaction was over the top, but it at least seemed genuine, which is not something I could say for Gretchen's "concern."
#41 of 50 Old 10-24-2010, 02:10 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse View Post
Oh, and I agree that Michael's reaction was over the top, but it at least seemed genuine, which is not something I could say for Gretchen's "concern."
Re: the bolded, really?? My DH and I were cracking up because it looked so ridiculously fake to us. You could tell that Mondo and Andy were actually weeping (although in a much more reserved way), but Michael looked like he was auditioning -- trying to parlay his PR loss into an acting career or something. Blech.

ETA: I did think that Michael's clothes were clearly superior to Gretchen's, and he has every right to be upset, I just thought that he milked it for the cameras. I'm probably just a black-hearted ogre, though.

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014
#42 of 50 Old 10-29-2010, 01:31 AM

What? Shenanigans!
#43 of 50 Old 10-29-2010, 01:46 AM

what? boo.
#44 of 50 Old 10-29-2010, 04:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ok, I cant believe I'm saying this but I agree with the winner. She really listened to the judges, elevated her collection and had some great wearable pieces. I agreed with their assessments of the other two.

Andy's was beautiful but very one note. Mondo's was too juvenile.

I don't think Gretchen's was a runway show stopper but I liked that it felt real and true to her.
#45 of 50 Old 10-29-2010, 01:36 PM

I've never understood what the judges saw in her clothes. I can look at any of them and see anything but "ugly."
#46 of 50 Old 10-29-2010, 02:28 PM

I don't think I'm going to watch PR anymore. I just don't agree with the judges. And this winner? Heck no!!!! The only thing I liked about it was the hats and hairstyles. There was one dress that would have been ok to see on the street. The rest were horrible! I'm done with this show. I think that it's been played out so much that all the really talented designers wouldn't audition.

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#47 of 50 Old 10-29-2010, 07:39 PM

they never pick my favorite designers. i mondo.

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Olivercoolshine.gif

#48 of 50 Old 10-30-2010, 12:15 AM

i agree wholeheartedly that mondo should have won!!
whoop-dee-doo if gretchen's designs are "now"; i've seen enough of now, show me something different. besides that, i just don't like her stuff!
bummer!!!

wife to dh, mama to dd1   june 2007, dd2 march 2009 and dd3 april 2011
#49 of 50 Old 11-08-2010, 01:02 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Mondo was robbed!
#50 of 50 Old 11-08-2010, 07:37 PM

I'm no fan of Gretchen but I don't think Mondo's show pieces lived up to what he had done the rest of the season. The rectangle color field dress was like a girl scout's sewing project.

I was fascinated by the judges' discussion in the final show. I'm so glad they let it go on that long and didn't just edit together a couple of snarky comments.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page