Project Runway - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 50 Old 07-30-2010, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Anyone watch it last night? Anyone else feel the judges were SO wrong in the person sent home? And maybe it was because she was a dready girl?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 50 Old 07-30-2010, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wow, that snuck up on me! I have been catching up on season 1 on netflix and I was surprised to see the next season on tv already!

YES I thought the judges decision was SO wrong!! Backwards monk outfit stapled together, and guy who sends the girl down the runway with barely anything on get to stay, and someone who actually thought about it and crafted something, albeit unflattering, gets sent home?!?! Made no sense. Obviously just to keep the more interesting characters in the show.
#3 of 50 Old 07-30-2010, 01:58 PM

I agree. Tim said it was adorable. I think the guy who made the dull dress with the knit edging from the jacket at the top should have gone. Combining ready to wear and glamor is really not all that innovative plus he wasn't much of a character.
#4 of 50 Old 07-31-2010, 11:54 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I think the producers pretty much know who the better designers are and which ones will only go so far and they eliminated based on tv drama (or interest) factor. A quiet girl who does cute (I thought the halter was cut weird, but she had a good idea) dresses but ultimately washes home in four or five rounds is less interesting than a weird guy who does...whatever that Casanova dress was...and washes out in four or five rounds. I hated it for her, she looked so sad and she was the only one eliminated! That had to feel awful especially as the smock "dress" and Casanova's dress were really just awful. Poor thing.

So far, it's hard to tell much from one challenge about their abilities as designers, but I enjoy "embrace your crooked zipper" and I hope her designs are as awesome as the little quotes she keeps dropping.

Also, Austin and Santino? LOVE! Who knew I could LOVE Santino, and Austin is like this weird little bird. I can't get enough. Cowgirl dress was SUPAH cute!
#5 of 50 Old 08-01-2010, 02:30 PM

I liked the Santino & Austin show too!

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#6 of 50 Old 08-01-2010, 03:09 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Now I want to go to cow girl summer camp. They have to do that somewhere, right? I haven't been on a horse since second grade but that looks like fun. If they have surf camp for women, they have to have trick riding camps, too, right?
#7 of 50 Old 08-01-2010, 05:33 PM

I was bummed with the Austin and Santino show. I don't want to see them design and make clothing that matches who they're designing for (yawn)-I want to see regular people bust out of their norms and wear fabulous real Santino and Austin designs!

I liked McKell's dress, but hated that black stapled kimono thing. wth?
#8 of 50 Old 08-03-2010, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaken View Post

YES I thought the judges decision was SO wrong!! Backwards monk outfit stapled together, and guy who sends the girl down the runway with barely anything on get to stay, and someone who actually thought about it and crafted something, albeit unflattering, gets sent home?!?! Made no sense. Obviously just to keep the more interesting characters in the show.

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#9 of 50 Old 08-03-2010, 09:46 PM

Totally in agreement that Stapled-Backwards-Kimono guy should have gone home. After he made those comments about being so close to his model's naked boobs...what was that?? Way to be professional on national tv.

There was an article in my local paper about "crooked zipper" girl - Kristin I think her name is - cuz she's a local. As soon as I saw her on the show I realized that I had seen her before - standing in line behind me and my son at our local co-op. She started talking to DS (this was a couple months ago, so he was about 22 months)...she was very nice..."I can feel two eyes looking at me," she said with a big smile. Then she ran into one of her old high school teachers and we chatted a little about how weird it is when teachers from long ago look the same.

Teacher until birth of DS (7-27-08)blowkiss.gifand now DD (10-17-11)femalesling.GIF:, now SAHM, wife to my wonderful hard-working DH.   cd.gifnocirc.gifselectivevax.gif

#10 of 50 Old 08-05-2010, 09:02 PM

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Olivercoolshine.gif

#11 of 50 Old 08-05-2010, 09:20 PM

i didnt know it was back!! oh am i missing out. i LOVE Heidi Klum!

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#12 of 50 Old 08-06-2010, 08:24 AM

Oh, I feel so bad for bowler-hat-guy's model- she looks so sad! And he insults her. Last week on the extended judging footage, Michael Kors called her Kelly Osborne in a choir robe!

And Selma Blair said Cassanova's pole dancer in Dubai model was like an ethereal stripper!

I noticed they're not doing models of the runway this time- I like to see behind the scenes although 1/2 hr was too long. I would love to hear what the models have to say about their outfits and the designers!
#13 of 50 Old 08-07-2010, 04:21 PM

I can't believe the red dress didn't win. The pants outfit was just so leaden. It was slightly better in the photos that appeared in Time Square but mostly because the hair and shoes were better.
#14 of 50 Old 08-08-2010, 10:23 AM

Yes, I feel like people would actually wear the red dress, not so much a one piece jumper.

Gretchen's mullet is intriguing. I wonder if it's intended to be or if it's bangs that got carried away?
#15 of 50 Old 08-13-2010, 01:34 PM

I was SO impressed by some of those dresses last night!!! I agreed with the winner, but I think second place should have been that long red ruffly dress that a guy made, I think with red plastic plates and other things. That was gorgeous!!!!

I didn't like the losing dress, but I SO with they would have sent home Casanova. He drives me crazy and his dress was hideous!

I liked Gretchen at the beginning, but wow, she's getting a huge head!

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#16 of 50 Old 08-13-2010, 01:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh, Gretchen. I know they edit contestants into a character, but they have a lot to work with there. She doesn't need to comment on everyone's work. And I thought her outfit was terrible. Here, wrap some fringe around her waist, call it a skirt.

I hope Ivy is ok. She is so great.

treehugger.gifearth.gifribbonwhite.gif Anne (31), single WOHM to Karen (5)ribbonyellow.gifshamrocksmile.giffambedsingle1.gifjoy.gif
#17 of 50 Old 08-13-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia View Post

I hope Ivy is ok. She is so great.
Yeah, I would have picked Ivy's dress (that was the gray flowery one with the purple flower on the side, right?) and the long red one to win. She is so talented!!!!

There seems to be more talent than last year. I know they have to keep the drama around for the show, but I'm really just watching for the clothes and creative tests.

#18 of 50 Old 08-13-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia View Post
Oh, Gretchen. I know they edit contestants into a character, but they have a lot to work with there. She doesn't need to comment on everyone's work. And I thought her outfit was terrible. Here, wrap some fringe around her waist, call it a skirt.
I thought the same thing about that skirt. It looked like a very sad Christmas tree. I can't figure out why the judges were going on about how great it was.
#19 of 50 Old 08-13-2010, 10:29 PM
Banned

Sooo much more talent this time, it seems! I LOVE how they are showing so much more of the dresses throughout the whole episode, instead of hard to see two seconds during the show. I like the extra 30 minute format.

I can't believe the red dress (Mark was it?) didn't make it to the top 3. I love always a bridesmaid whatshername, but her napkin dress wasn't really all that impressive overall, somehow to me.

I feel kind of bad for Gretchen. She needs an attitude adjustment, but damn she's good and it must be awkward. She needs to just shut up a bit. Always a good idea!

I get why they picked the jumpsuit last week... it looked better on a billboard, whereas the red dress would make an awesome cover. I think being a bridesmaid just where you want to be early on-- that way if you blow one challenge here or there, they'll let you pass b/c they know you are good, but they won't get sick of you, you won't peak too early in the judge love. Like Mia last season.

I felt sooo bad for the woman who went home this week. She could have done so much better and I really liked her, and Cassanova is clearly just being kept on by the producers as a character. The woman who was out was a real designer who at least respected the compitition. She knew she screwed up... if only she had tried some course correction earlier... I wonder if Gretchen's advice to her actually tanked her!
#20 of 50 Old 08-21-2010, 09:25 AM

Interesting week. I didn't think any of the garments were hideous, although agreed that Kristin was the right one to go. Her dress looked sloppy, ill fitting, and randomly looped and draped and thrown together.

I agreed with the guest judge and didn't love Valerie's either. April's diaper! I can't remember them all now, but several of the outfits were really good. Funny how after so much focus on Gretchen, she was barely mentioned this week!

I didn't get Heidi's hat a huge red upsidedown rose on her forehead, and how corny to play that song as she came out. Some of the other hats were really cool, though.
#21 of 50 Old 08-23-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Interesting week. I didn't think any of the garments were hideous, although agreed that Kristin was the right one to go. Her dress looked sloppy, ill fitting, and randomly looped and draped and thrown together.

I agreed with the guest judge and didn't love Valerie's either. April's diaper! I can't remember them all now, but several of the outfits were really good. Funny how after so much focus on Gretchen, she was barely mentioned this week!

I didn't get Heidi's hat a huge red upsidedown rose on her forehead, and how corny to play that song as she came out. Some of the other hats were really cool, though.
Yeah, I also agreed with Kristin going home. And that diaper!? What was she thinking?

#22 of 50 Old 08-27-2010, 01:49 PM

I really liked last night's episode! I agreed with the judges. I was sitting there with my jaw hanging open at Gretchen's 180 degree opinion turn. And then TIM going off!!?? WOW!!!! Amazing! Loved last night.

I felt like the girl who made the Golden Girl vest outfit should have gone home. That was the.worst.outfit.ever!! I couldn't believe she thought any of that looked good!!!

#23 of 50 Old 08-29-2010, 12:56 PM

I loved last week's episode! I was surprised Ivy didn't get sent home - or at least be made to sweat it out with Gretchen & AJ before they announced who was auffed...

Awaken - Heidi's husband is Seal & one of his biggest songs was "kissed by a rose"

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#24 of 50 Old 08-29-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchgrrl View Post
I felt like the girl who made the Golden Girl vest outfit should have gone home. That was the.worst.outfit.ever!! I couldn't believe she thought any of that looked good!!!
Oh, that outfit was so funny!! LOL, I want to watch the show again just to see it! And the puffy shirt that went with it! overall I did like the Team Luxe concept much better than military and lace, but in practice I guess it ended up being watered down and plain. I don't see how the colors were "hideous" though. The grayish silky blouse was nice.

Gretchen, wow, she is talented but I'd have a hard time getting along with her! She really seems to take over! I couldnt believe her complete change in attitude from crying with pride over the collection, and then saying it's so awful.

I expected more from Ivy. I really think she is talented but it's not coming through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flminivanmama View Post
Awaken - Heidi's husband is Seal & one of his biggest songs was "kissed by a rose"
Yes, I know, that's why I thought it was corny- so obvious and literal- wear a rose, play the song, it's by her husband. anyway- that's just me, I'm easily annoyed
#25 of 50 Old 08-29-2010, 08:52 PM

Team Luxe's entire process was really flawed. It's almost as if no one wanted to take responsibility by not doing individual outfits. How on Earth could each designer do pieces that would mix into the ensemble, with no one person assigned to perfect a single outfit (except for Ivy and look how hideous that was). I get trying to work cohesively as a team, but every one is being judged individually. Their biggest disaster was definitely the proportions.

I do think Gretchen is very talented and somewhat annoying/controlling, but it seems like the show is going overboard trying to paint her as a total bitch. Compared with some of the past seasons divas, she seems quite tame.
#26 of 50 Old 08-30-2010, 10:30 PM
Banned

Quote:

I know! I get it, you're married to Seal, good for you. Still, INCREDIBLY bad moment. Like, the designers were all trying not to laugh at her. "We're on TV, she's a JUDGE, smile and nod!"
#27 of 50 Old 09-03-2010, 10:04 PM

Ok, I don't always like how catty the other contestants are to Michael C but I had to agree with them last night- I could not stand his design, seriously, I thought that was in the bottom and am totally shocked that he won. The frumpy lace at the top, fussy bows, weird too short bottom. I would feel the same way if I were another designer and saw that the judges picked that dress...like what's the point if they are going to go for that.
#28 of 50 Old 09-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Banned

Mondo was robbed! I think they wanted Michael C to win just for the drama of it, him going from beaten up on the runway to the winner. Only problem is, it really seems that he does not deserve to be painted that sympathetically. I'm ticked he has immunity again, altho Michael Drummund is free to leave, IMO

I was glad Christopher was finally in the top, however grudgingly. DH went to school with him, so we're rooting for him to stay around a while longer...

I thought Gretchen handled herself well this week; that must have been hard to face Tim after that, but she was very mature. Ivy seemed a little high school drama to me. Valerie needs to get her stuff together; she's been mediocre and I really liked her early stuff so I want to see more!
#29 of 50 Old 09-04-2010, 09:33 PM

Oh, and Valerie's top! That was so funny how Nina was like, you made her boobs look huge, and like they were coming out of HERE (her neck)
#30 of 50 Old 09-04-2010, 09:39 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
[QUOTE]Mondo was robbed![ QUOTE]

I agree wholeheartedly.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page