weeds season 6 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 89 Old 10-09-2010, 12:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
O figured they were going to somehow use Doug and a tax ID number... I'm no at all sure wth they are doing this season... There is no WEED.... Smh

This is a tree on fire with love, but it's still scary since most people think love only looks like one thing instead of the whole world. *
#62 of 89 Old 10-09-2010, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadiMamacita View Post
they should have had doug claim the prize with his SSN, then leave him behind. but i'm not a doug fan.
DH and I thought about that...but they could still find all the info for the RV they claimed. (VIN number and whatnot)

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#63 of 89 Old 10-09-2010, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

so they could steal a smaller one and leave the nice new one in its place. i doubt the person who got their small older rv would file a report about it.. i mean, its still trackable but...
i just was really sad to see them drive away from a prize like that without even THINKING about another option.

treehugger.gif *CPST*  mama to my three year old DS1 broc1.gif1.31.09 and wedded to angel 8.07  hola.gif

DS 2  waterbirth.jpg 8/18/12!!

#64 of 89 Old 10-09-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
so they could steal a smaller one and leave the nice new one in its place. i doubt the person who got their small older rv would file a report about it.. i mean, its still trackable but...
i just was really sad to see them drive away from a prize like that without even THINKING about another option.

This is a tree on fire with love, but it's still scary since most people think love only looks like one thing instead of the whole world. *
#65 of 89 Old 10-09-2010, 03:24 PM

The previews for next week showed them in an RV - I don't know if it's the same one, but they get one somehow. I wonder if they end up following the guy from the contest and making a deal of some sort with him.
#66 of 89 Old 10-09-2010, 03:32 PM

I hope so. It just seems really out of character to for them to just drop it.

And honestly, I don't mind Shane. He has had to deal with this all of his formative years, while having had enough of a childhood to remember what "normal" is... It'd be weird for him to have not had a breaking point, I think.

#67 of 89 Old 10-09-2010, 03:39 PM

Yeah, Shane doesn't really bother me. Yes, he's creepy - but he's been traumatized. And, honestly, I don't have a huge issue with what he did to Pilar. He was protecting his family - he walked up and heard her threatening to kill him and/or his brother, and he had every reason to believe in that moment that she would carry out the threat. I think his creepiness since then is a direct reaction to having killed someone - warranted or not, self defense or not, something like that is traumatic and this is how he's dealing with it.
#68 of 89 Old 10-09-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse View Post
The previews for next week showed them in an RV - I don't know if it's the same one, but they get one somehow. I wonder if they end up following the guy from the contest and making a deal of some sort with him.

I was going to say this, too. It's Andy, Doug, and Silas driving it and they get pulled over. I'm betting it's the same RV, though it's hard to tell from what they show.

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#69 of 89 Old 10-15-2010, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

I thought this week was pretty funny, but what is up with nancy DTD so violently? she's always getting pulled around by her hair, spanked etc.. am I the only one who thinks this is sort of strange?

treehugger.gif *CPST*  mama to my three year old DS1 broc1.gif1.31.09 and wedded to angel 8.07  hola.gif

#70 of 89 Old 10-15-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
I thought this week was pretty funny, but what is up with nancy DTD so violently? she's always getting pulled around by her hair, spanked etc.. am I the only one who thinks this is sort of strange?
I just assumed that's what she's into.
#71 of 89 Old 10-15-2010, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

well thats what I assumed also.. I mean, she sure appears to enjoy it..
I just mean, how does random dude in bar know that its ok.. it would make for awkward tv to have a conversation about it, but as someone who has never engaged in that particular brand of DTD with a stranger, is that how it would go down??

#72 of 89 Old 10-15-2010, 04:16 PM

Well, I could explain how I assume that it happens...

Since we don't see the entire encounter (I'm guessing... cause it lasts only moments... and well, she seems satisfied...) so I think that he may start of a bit less intense...a light tug on her hair, or a firm grasp on her backside.... to which she reacts with great enthusiasm... which he takes as a sign to keep going...

But that is just what I imagine happens

With Esteban however, I think he just took control cause that is what he wanted to do and didn't really care.

#73 of 89 Old 10-15-2010, 04:44 PM

Well, since his pick up line was "do you need someone to make you listen?" while pulling her hair, and she seemed to be happy with that. . .I assume he just figued she was game
#74 of 89 Old 11-15-2010, 08:17 PM

I just watched the season finale....and I hated it. Anyone else?

#75 of 89 Old 11-18-2010, 10:56 AM

Meh.  I just watched the finale on youtube and didn't think it was all that great.  I still will watch next season as I do enjoy it and am curious where it is heading.

#76 of 89 Old 11-18-2010, 01:12 PM

I liked it.  It wasn't super exciting, but I thought it was a good way to end the season.  Now, hopefully she has some leverage on Esteban being in prison knowing what she knows about him.  I guess he'll have the baby, then?  Unless she gets him locked up and then gets out.  Anyhow, I hate having to wait so long for the new ones to start, but I'll definitely be watching. 

#77 of 89 Old 11-21-2010, 08:39 AM

He won't get the baby without court interjection because ANDYS name is on the birth certificate remember? I had to think about it for a minute because initially I thought, "well now Esteban will get the baby, but wait no, Andy's named as the father!" BRILLIANT!

I was also thrilled to see Nancy have to face the consequences of her actions. 

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

#78 of 89 Old 11-21-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettinaAuSucre View Post

He won't get the baby without court interjection because ANDYS name is on the birth certificate remember? I had to think about it for a minute because initially I thought, "well now Esteban will get the baby, but wait no, Andy's named as the father!" BRILLIANT!

They didn't end up changing that? I know that they talked aobut it but I don't remember if they actually did it. If they didn't then that will definitely help. If they did, and Esteban's name is on the bc, there will still be hang ups with Esteban taking the baby because he is not a permanent resident and the baby is a US citizen. It could be done, but it won't be an automatic thing. Considering this is a "Plan C" and Andy was involved in it, I am pretty sure it is planned out pretty well.

#79 of 89 Old 11-21-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettinaAuSucre View Post

Oh!  How could I forget about that!?  That makes me feel better.  Didn't Esteban not want his name listed because of his career? 

#80 of 89 Old 12-22-2010, 02:43 PM

I'm a couple episodes behind (watching at the 'rents who can afford Showtime winky.gif), but I wanted to sub anyway.  I think I left off in the episode where Silas finds out about his real father and Esteban catches up with Nancy at the airport.  I watched the first 5 seasons on Netflix in, like, a week. redface.gif

Plus DH & DD1(8) & DS(6) & DD2(5) & DD3(2)
#81 of 89 Old 02-25-2011, 05:06 PM

I just finished watching this season and I loved the ending!!!

Nancy is just a trainwreck but, she loves her kids.  She loves them so much that she send them away and then took the fall for her son.  Maybe it's her redemption?  I don't know but, I loved it. 

Why did I think this was the series finale?  There are more seasons?

#82 of 89 Old 03-24-2011, 05:42 PM

Yes, it was picked up for another season, which starts June 27, 2011.  Yay!  I'll still be behind everyone because I watch it online.  I really liked last season.  I watched it in 2 sittings.  LOL.  I really love Silas.  He's such a good kid deep down.  He wants to do the right thing.  He's just so tainted from Nancy's problems.  He's also very, very hot.  thumb.gif  I love Shane too.  Yes, he's a sociopath now, but considering his upbringing it doesn't surprise me in the least. 

Did anyone else notice they started playing Weeds on the TV Guide channel?  I rarely scroll through the channels, but a couple nights ago I did just that and found it playing.  It's season 5 right now.  I set it to DVR just to have something else to watch while I fold laundry. 

*Edited to add:  It's already back to season 1 now on TVGC.  They show 6 or so episodes on Friday nights (or at least they have the past 2 Fridays).

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#83 of 89 Old 04-02-2011, 06:11 PM

Last season's ending was great, wasn't it? It really left me wondering if that was really the end of the show, but I'm glad to hear there will be a new season. What a crazy cross-country trip that was too!

Knowledge is power.

But only as powerful as the mind which grasps it, reading.gif the heart which believes in it, heartbeat.gif and the hands which wield it.goodvibes.gif

#84 of 89 Old 06-23-2011, 12:29 AM - Thread Starter

who is ready for the new season! we will be watching on youtube again since we don't have cable. the guy who uploaded them last season usually seemed to get them up on the right day at least..just an hour or so after it airs. but I go to bed earlier now so who knows if I will stay up late enough to watch them
Spoiler::::: highlight to read cuz I'm too lazy to make real spoiler tags

I read that this season picks up 3 years into the future where Nancy has been in prison and the Botwin boys have been in Denmark. Not sure how I feel about that!

#85 of 89 Old 06-23-2011, 12:38 PM

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I watched a clip on E! about the premier.  Nancy kisses her cellmate.  She is being let out of prison, which Esteban had some sort of hand in.  She's afraid he is going to kill her. 

I can't wait to watch this season.  I finally got DH caught up on all the seasons so we can watch together.  I want to buy Showtime (and Showtime 2) for the summer for Weeds and Big Brother After Dark, but I'll probably just settle for watching Weeds online and reading BB updates.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

#86 of 89 Old 06-25-2011, 06:42 AM - Thread Starter

where do you watch online?

#87 of 89 Old 06-25-2011, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadiMamacita View Post

where do you watch online?

http://watch-weeds.com/

#88 of 89 Old 06-28-2011, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

I couldn't get that to work, but Shotime has their own YouTube account and it was up there..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDtH_aDqFyk

#89 of 89 Old 07-14-2011, 07:15 AM - Thread Starter

hello weedies??

Is Nancy trying to get herself back to jail? What on earth is she doing??

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page