Dexter - Season 5 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 173 Old 11-09-2010, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I havent had a chance to watch yet. so I have been avoiding the thread for fear of spoilers. Guess I didnt have anything to worry about.
#122 of 173 Old 11-09-2010, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I loved the most recent epidsode... finally seems to be going somewhere. La Guerta seems to be headed down tho...

This is a tree on fire with love, but it's still scary since most people think love only looks like one thing instead of the whole world. *
#123 of 173 Old 11-09-2010, 09:39 AM

Im still here but need to catch up today on 2 episodes. This season is not doing it for me. Usually I am on the edge of my seat dying (no pun intended lol) for the next epi, but this season I'm like MEH.Whatever.

Me and my wonderful husband serve God. Blessed with twin girls 2/11/11. <3

#124 of 173 Old 11-10-2010, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong Mama View Post

Im still here but need to catch up today on 2 episodes. This season is not doing it for me. Usually I am on the edge of my seat dying (no pun intended lol) for the next epi, but this season I'm like MEH.Whatever.

ITA

#125 of 173 Old 11-11-2010, 09:14 AM

I still love it - I think it will get a bit more exciting coming up (Quinn finding out more info, maybe?).  I really like Dexter and and Lumen together.

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#126 of 173 Old 11-13-2010, 12:16 PM

Can anyone provide a link to watch online? I need to downgrade my satellite services, but I also really want to see the rest of the season! TIA

#127 of 173 Old 11-13-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nola79 View Post

Can anyone provide a link to watch online? I need to downgrade my satellite services, but I also really want to see the rest of the season! TIA

We just got Direct TV a week ago, but we were watching Dexter through megavideo.  not sure what the link is exactly, but it's a media sharing site, and you have to download the program first and then find the episodes (and also download them).

#128 of 173 Old 11-14-2010, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer's Wife View Post

Quote:

We just got Direct TV a week ago, but we were watching Dexter through megavideo.  not sure what the link is exactly, but it's a media sharing site, and you have to download the program first and then find the episodes (and also download them).

Thanks

#129 of 173 Old 11-14-2010, 07:11 PM

I liked this episode. In my opinion, the best one so far. I hope they get better from now on. I wonder what'll happen with Laguerta and Deb?

#130 of 173 Old 11-14-2010, 09:17 PM

I really liked tonight's show.  Got me all excited to see next week's episode!  How much longer until the season ends? 

#131 of 173 Old 11-15-2010, 04:24 AM

Last night was episode 8, so I think only 4 left. Wow, that went by quick!

#132 of 173 Old 11-15-2010, 04:53 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks

http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/internet/

and

http://www.tv-links.eu/

are the two main ones that we use... they have links to lots of different hosting sites. zshare, megavideo and novamov seem to the fastest loading and most reliable. One caveat with megavideo is that, unless you upgrade, you can only watch for like 70 mins a day before you will be forced to take a break (so we usually dont use it for movies...)

This is a tree on fire with love, but it's still scary since most people think love only looks like one thing instead of the whole world. *
#133 of 173 Old 11-15-2010, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackenzie View Post

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks

http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/internet/

and

http://www.tv-links.eu/

are the two main ones that we use... they have links to lots of different hosting sites. zshare, megavideo and novamov seem to the fastest loading and most reliable. One caveat with megavideo is that, unless you upgrade, you can only watch for like 70 mins a day before you will be forced to take a break (so we usually dont use it for movies...)

Thanks!

#134 of 173 Old 11-15-2010, 08:43 AM

Just finished watching this weeks and wow... great episode. LaGuerta is certainly making up for all of the time that she hasn't been a hag lately, isn't she... dang. I'm glad Batista seems to still know himself though....

#135 of 173 Old 11-15-2010, 08:58 AM

i agree!  i like dexter and lumen together. she is the first one who really knows him, and she's sticking around.  i wondered whether she'd run away after actually witnessing his whole process, but she seems to be in it for the long haul...  i can't believe how last night's ep ended!!!!  what's gonna happen w/ quinn and the PI?  also, i was finally starting to like laguerta....bummer...

Quote:

I still love it - I think it will get a bit more exciting coming up (Quinn finding out more info, maybe?).  I really like Dexter and and Lumen together.

#136 of 173 Old 11-21-2010, 07:30 PM

I really liked this week's episode! I can't wait for next week.

#137 of 173 Old 11-21-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:

Oh my gosh!  So exciting!  What are you guys thinking is going to happen with the PI?  And what about the kids?  I can't believe there are only THREE more!!!  why does it always come to this?????

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Just testing if I know how to do spoiler text here  :)
#138 of 173 Old 11-22-2010, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolip View Post

Quote:

Oh my gosh!  So exciting!  What are you guys thinking is going to happen with the PI?  And what about the kids?  I can't believe there are only THREE more!!!  why does it always come to this?????

Just testing if I know how to do spoiler text here  :)

It is getting really good!  I am so bummed there are only 3 episodes left of the season.  I was really sad last night thinking about it which makes me realize how happy Dexter makes me and how lame I must be to let a TV show have such an impact on me. LOL!  All I know is there better be another season... anyone know for sure?

Toolip - I thought you had something exciting in your spoiler about the next episode ;) I was like, ooh, what does she know?! :D 

I wonder if both Dexter and Lumen are caught on the PI's tape, or just Lumen - you know how she said she wants to do this one?  Deb realizes someone is taking them all out, but maybe Lumen gets blamed on it all and not Dex?  I still really like Lumen and hope she stays on the show, though, and doesn't get killed or locked up.  Maybe something happens to the PI and all his evidence?  Except that they reopened the case, and all. 

Jordan is so creeping me out.  Not in the same way that Trinity did, but he still gets to me. o

oh, and I actually felt a bit sorry for Quinn last night.  I like him with Deb, so it stinks that he messed that up. 

#139 of 173 Old 11-22-2010, 09:30 PM

So I just re-watched the preview for next week and it looks like the pi can clearly see Dexter and Lumen in the kill room and lumen has a knife that she is holding up over the table but there is no one on the table (I paused it to examine more closely).  I am REALLY curious what is going to happen with him.  And Laguerta.  And Quinn.  I'm still reeling from last night! 

#140 of 173 Old 11-23-2010, 05:10 AM - Thread Starter

You know what though?  Im thinking Deb was just looking for a reason to get mad at Quinn, and one fell into her lap. Cuz really, its not THAT bad.  She doesnt know the half of it yet.  LOL

I just tried googling Dexter Season 6 and got no where.  I guess we will have to wait to see what Showtime annouces.

#141 of 173 Old 11-23-2010, 09:49 AM

I'm almost sure that MCH is signed on for next season as well.  Last year or the year before he signed a contract for several years and I remember being SO relieved.  I think that they will make a big deal when the series is over.  Let's not panic!

As for Deb, I think that there is some history going on.  Quinn said some things to Dexter that made him really defensive and he kind of told Deb (Dex made it clear that he didn't like Quinn) and Deb is SO protective of Dexter.

#142 of 173 Old 11-23-2010, 03:38 PM

Just jumping in here ;) but I am actually really liking this season.  Last season I thought was dumb and I was hating Rita, but this season seems way better to me.  

My prediction for the next few episodes....

The PI obviously sees Dexter and Lumen doing something incriminating, whether killing the guy or just preparing to.  He's going to call Quinn and say "hey, I got them" and blackmail Quinn, by saying he'll go to LaGuerta with the info unless he pays him.  Quinn will kill him before he can go to LaGuerta, and will help Dexter cover it up.  

That's my prediction :lol.  DH thinks Lumen will kill the PI, but I'm not sure how that would fit into the story...if she gets caught it could bring down Dexter, and if she doesn't get caught Dex would have a problem with it since she didn't follow "the code".

CPST & mom

#143 of 173 Old 11-29-2010, 04:58 AM - Thread Starter

OK, so I am going to rewatch it again tonight, but I gotta ask.  Where was Harrison last night?  And why was lumen in Dexters appt for most of the episode? OH, and did Deb and Quinn kiss and make up?

The reason I dont know, is cuz I dosed off on the couch, and woke up about 15 minutes in.  So im not sure how much I missed. 

#144 of 173 Old 11-29-2010, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Charlie's~Angel~ View Post

OK, so I am going to rewatch it again tonight, but I gotta ask.  Where was Harrison last night?  And why was lumen in Dexters appt for most of the episode? OH, and did Deb and Quinn kiss and make up?

The reason I dont know, is cuz I dosed off on the couch, and woke up about 15 minutes in.  So im not sure how much I missed. 

Harrison went with the nanny to Orlando to visit his siblings and grandparents.  Lumen stayed in Dexter's apartment b/c Jordan knew about her and where she was staying - but Dexter said he didn't know about his apartment.  I don't think Deb and Quinn made up - but I wish they would. 

I was afraid for like half a second that they were going to get caught, but remembered the empty house right before they flashed to it.  phew.  I'm still really bummed there are only 2 episodes left.  I don't know what I'll watch after the season ends. 

#145 of 173 Old 11-29-2010, 08:35 AM

Oh, and what the heck was up with that Emily chick and Jordan?  I don't really get it, though I know he made her lie after he realized they were going to question her. It just seemed so odd to me.  I suppose she was that afraid of him, or brainwashed?

#146 of 173 Old 11-29-2010, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter

I think im going to go with brainwashed.  But yea, she tripped me out. 

My BFF was totally POed about Dex and Lu doin the nasty.  lol  I was indifferent about it, although I was kinda liking how "pure" their relationship was.  WHo wants to take a guess thought at how turned on Dex seemed to be at the site of Lu dropping that knife on Alex.  lol 

Jordan is all thats left right?  Yea, two episodes left.  Whats on after this?  Californication and Big love.  Darn it.  Two different stations, and I can barely afford what I got now.  lol

#147 of 173 Old 11-29-2010, 10:18 AM

I wasn't pissed about Lumen and Dexter hooking up, but I didn't really believe it. I don't mind the idea of them together - I like her way more than I liked Rita, that's for sure - but it just doesn't seem like this is how or when it would happen. I wonder if she's coming back for next season?

What I want to know is - where the hell is Deb living? Is she actually living with Quinn? Did I miss them moving in together? Because I thought she was still mostly living in Dexter's apartment. And since she's so pissed at Quinn, I thought she'd be back there at least a bit and run into Lumen there.

Does anyone think Deb might find out who did it (Lumen, not Dexter), and not arrest her for it? I mean, Deb was kidnapped and went through hell with Dexter's bio brother, and really seems to understand why someone might be offing them. I half wonder if she'd be willing to conveniently ignore evidence and let a victim taking out her rapists slide.
#148 of 173 Old 11-29-2010, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Eclipse thumbsup.gif to every.word you typed. 

#149 of 173 Old 11-29-2010, 11:17 AM

I have wondered that too. I can see Deb ignoring to a point if Dex steps in and speaks for her some
#150 of 173 Old 11-30-2010, 01:04 PM

So I had homework that I had to finish and I didn't get to watch until just now....  holey moley!  Loved it!  I loved it when Dexter and Jordan were in the lab!  So exciting!

Quote:

Oh, and what the heck was up with that Emily chick and Jordan?  I don't really get it, though I know he made her lie after he realized they were going to question her. It just seemed so odd to me.  I suppose she was that afraid of him, or brainwashed?

Yeah, what was up with that?  What do you mean that she lied.  When did she lie?  When did he realize they were going to question her?

I think that she is brainwashed probably. 

Do you think that there are others that are still alive?  They only found 4 (5?) bodies, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Charlie's~Angel~ View Post

I think im going to go with brainwashed.  But yea, she tripped me out. 

My BFF was totally POed about Dex and Lu doin the nasty.  lol  I was indifferent about it, although I was kinda liking how "pure" their relationship was.  WHo wants to take a guess thought at how turned on Dex seemed to be at the site of Lu dropping that knife on Alex.  lol 

Jordan is all thats left right?  Yea, two episodes left.  Whats on after this?  Californication and Big love.  Darn it.  Two different stations, and I can barely afford what I got now.  lol

I was kind of disappointed too, I hoped they would just be kill buddies or something.  I was pretty sure it was coming though.  Jordan is all that's left.  I think probably nothing will happen next week.  I mean, lots of stuff will build but but all the blood will be shed on the last episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse View Post

I wasn't pissed about Lumen and Dexter hooking up, but I didn't really believe it. I don't mind the idea of them together - I like her way more than I liked Rita, that's for sure - but it just doesn't seem like this is how or when it would happen. I wonder if she's coming back for next season?

What I want to know is - where the hell is Deb living? Is she actually living with Quinn? Did I miss them moving in together? Because I thought she was still mostly living in Dexter's apartment. And since she's so pissed at Quinn, I thought she'd be back there at least a bit and run into Lumen there.

Does anyone think Deb might find out who did it (Lumen, not Dexter), and not arrest her for it? I mean, Deb was kidnapped and went through hell with Dexter's bio brother, and really seems to understand why someone might be offing them. I half wonder if she'd be willing to conveniently ignore evidence and let a victim taking out her rapists slide.

That's a good question about Deb.  Well, actually, was it the last episode when she said that she would move out?  Maybe she found another place...  I don't think that she moved in with Q.

I think that they are setting Deb up to eventually accept Dexter for who he is.  Maybe not this season but before the series is over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesong55 View Post

I have wondered that too. I can see Deb ignoring to a point if Dex steps in and speaks for her some

They are sure setting Deb up to be accepting if she does find out!  She felt nothing when she shot the fuentes brother in the bar (what happened to the other brother anyway???  are they going to wrap that up?)  And when she said that she would be the kind of person to go after these guys...

So when dexter was talking about how lumen accepts him, blah, blah, blah (at the end) how is that different than how he felt about Lila?  Just made me wonder...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page