Dexter - Season 5 - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 173 Old 11-30-2010, 01:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

so the preview for next week shows Jordan attacking someone saying that he has to destroy any witnesses or something...  maybe the pi ends up getting killed by Jordan if he follows dexter to Emily's house or something.

And I wonder what happens, if dexter confronts quinn about the cameras in the apartment... that could get ugly.  I can't imagine how things will work out if quinn doesn't die but if he does die it will just be a repeat of the doaks story. 

#152 of 173 Old 11-30-2010, 08:03 PM

looks like there will be a season 6 but it may be the last...   gloomy.gif

#153 of 173 Old 12-01-2010, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Deb is crashing on Quinn's couch until she finds her own place.

#154 of 173 Old 12-05-2010, 09:58 PM

where are you guys????  I need to talk to someone!!!!!!  How is it all going to work out????????????

#155 of 173 Old 12-06-2010, 05:05 AM - Thread Starter

Im here and im POED!!!!!  45 minutes?  Really!?!?!  Cuz they started it two minutes late, and it ended at 947!  WTF?!?!  I hate it when they do that. 

As far as how it will end.  Ya.  I got nothing.  lol  sorry. 

#156 of 173 Old 12-06-2010, 08:40 AM

I, too, was like WTF?  Are they always that short?  ugh.  I'm looking forward to the finale, but am still really bummed we'll have to wait so long for the next season to start (but yay for another season). 

I'll have to watch the trailer again, but was it Deb telling Dexter to drop the knife?  Lumen being back with Jordan has me so anxious, though I know that's the best way they could have went for it to revolve the season finale around it and Jordan's capture.  I've heard that the finale isn't at all what we are expecting... I would expect Jordan getting caught and killed, Deb possibly finding out about Dexter, Deb and Quinn making up).  So now I'm dying to know what is really going to go down. 

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#157 of 173 Old 12-06-2010, 08:46 AM

I kind of expected it to be short.  It seems like they do that on the second to last episode.  I couldn't stop watching the clock because I knew it was going to end any second.  ugh.

I don't think that they showed deb holding a gun at any identifiable person, just that she was holding a gun at someone.  I didn't really think the preview showed much of anything.

I don't know who is going to end up dead.  maybe no one, that would be a surprise!  I can't imagine how it's going to work out with Quinn and Dexter. 

#158 of 173 Old 12-07-2010, 12:58 PM

[URL=http://dexter.otavo.tv/]Dexter Season 5[/URL] will premiere on September 26, 2010,  and will consist of 12 episodes. Despite the death of her character in Season 4, it has been revealed that Julie Benz will return for Season 5, but it has been confirmed that she will not return from the dead, nor will she return as a psychological illusion, such as Harry.

#159 of 173 Old 12-12-2010, 05:21 PM

Today is going by too slowly!  I cannot wait for Dexter to start.  My kids better be asleep - or at least upstairs being quiet.  LOL! 

#160 of 173 Old 12-12-2010, 05:33 PM

I don't even get to watch it today bawling.gif  Too much to get done...  I probably won't watch it until wednesday!  I'll be avoiding this thread for the next few days.

#161 of 173 Old 12-13-2010, 09:16 AM

So what did you all think?  (except Toolip - you better come back and comment after you watch!). 

It wasn't near as exciting as I expected, though I realize now that they filmed it before knowing for sure they would be back next season - so a cliffhanger wouldn't have worked as well for an ending. 

And hey, at least I don't need therapy to process the finale like last time (kidding, but dang). 

Did you catch Deb saying to Dex, "I bet you are relieved it's all over." ?

I hope Lumen comes back next season - I really liked her. 

#162 of 173 Old 12-13-2010, 09:35 AM

OH!  Thanks for the clarification that they filmed it before they knew they'd be back -- I was so disappointed because it definitely wasn't as exciting as I expected based on the last seasons!!

That was the CRAZIEST moment when Deb walked in...I thought for sure she'd find out, and what an interesting cliffhanger that would've been!!  That seemed almost unrealistic that she'd just walk away like that, but I think they did a nice job of setting it up (i.e., her vigilante theory...). 

I, too, hope Lumen comes back, and I'm kind of sad that Dexter has lost her, too - especially since she was the only person who truly loved and saw Dexter for who he is.

Anyway, this show is AMAZING, and i will be so sad when it's off the air...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer's Wife View Post

So what did you all think?  (except Toolip - you better come back and comment after you watch!). 

It wasn't near as exciting as I expected, though I realize now that they filmed it before knowing for sure they would be back next season - so a cliffhanger wouldn't have worked as well for an ending. 

And hey, at least I don't need therapy to process the finale like last time (kidding, but dang). 

Did you catch Deb saying to Dex, "I bet you are relieved it's all over." ?

I hope Lumen comes back next season - I really liked her. 

#163 of 173 Old 12-13-2010, 06:37 PM

I was kind of disappointed with this season. I wonder how getting divorced will affect the scenes of Dexter and Deb.

#164 of 173 Old 12-14-2010, 05:34 AM - Thread Starter

WHOA!  Just read that MCH and JC file dfor divorce!  jaw.gif

#165 of 173 Old 12-14-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbailey View Post

I was kind of disappointed with this season. I wonder how getting divorced will affect the scenes of Dexter and Deb.

I wonder this, too.  It bums me out that they split.  I wonder what happened?  I read that they weren't getting along while filming this season (I'm sure that was after they separated), and that the crew isn't sure how they will work together next season.  Who knows if it's true, since reports say the divorce is amicable. 

#166 of 173 Old 12-14-2010, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Charlie's~Angel~ View Post

I know! I'm so sad. (like I actually know them!, lol)

BettinaAuSucre likes this.
#167 of 173 Old 12-14-2010, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nola79 View Post

Quote:

me, too!  I was all bummed out about it yesterday, like it changes my life in any way.  LOL!  It just made me happy when watching the show to know they were married and in love in real life.  Shattered all that for me!

#168 of 173 Old 12-14-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

me, too!  I was all bummed out about it yesterday, like it changes my life in any way.  LOL!  It just made me happy when watching the show to know they were married and in love in real life.  Shattered all that for me!

me, too! I felt the EXACT same way.

Oh, and about the actual show, lol, I did like the finale. It was predictable, but ended ok. I do wonder if Lumen will come back. I just knew Deb was going to walk away from the scene in which she could have potentially busted Dexter.

#169 of 173 Old 12-15-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

me, too! I felt the EXACT same way.

Oh, and about the actual show, lol, I did like the finale. It was predictable, but ended ok. I do wonder if Lumen will come back. I just knew Deb was going to walk away from the scene in which she could have potentially busted Dexter.

OMG!  Ok, just watched it!  I am not disappointed!  When Deb walked in and saw JC dead... omg, so good.  I was grinning like a fool when she was talking to them behind the plastic.  SO many people called when I was trying to watch.  It was ridiculous, had to pause like 10 times.  So I guess that comment about Rita's character coming back was just a lie?  Or they changed their minds?  I was seriously sad when lumen said she was leaving.  I honestly almost cried, pathetic, I know.  And I had no idea about the real life divorce!  That is sad too!  ITA with everything everyone else said. 

Anyone else watch the interview with JS after?  She didn't really say much but it made me even more sad about the fact that she and dex spit.  I ended up really liking them together.  I can't believe we have to wait SO long to be with Dexter again!  boo hoo.  what will I do with myself?  And I probably won't even be able to enjoy next season, knowing that it is the last! 

Ok, so really.  Was it really that realistic that they would break up?  I mean, she still accepts him, right?  I don't know.  I think they could really be happy together still.

Also, Quinn knows that Dex killed the pi.  Right?  How can that really work out?  He's just going to keep it to himself?  Really?  Was there just so much evidence against him?  Whose blood did Dexter use to cover Quinn?  And will Cody and Aster be in next season?

#170 of 173 Old 12-16-2010, 01:21 AM

Quote:

Also, Quinn knows that Dex killed the pi.  Right?  How can that really work out?  He's just going to keep it to himself?  Really?  Was there just so much evidence against him?  Whose blood did Dexter use to cover Quinn?  And will Cody and Aster be in next season?

Yes. Basically, it's "I won't tell you really killed Liddy, if you won't let them think I killed Liddy." Dex. could have EASILY framed Quinn for the murder-and Quinn knows it. I think for Deb's sake, they called an unspoken truce. 

#171 of 173 Old 12-16-2010, 08:50 AM

Oh my goodness! i just watched episodes 6-12 in two nights on the laptop while I wrapped presents. I think the first half of the season was a little slow, but the second hlf I loved! Watching it back to back like I did din't give me any time to analyze and predict between episodes so I was surprised and shocked at the end.

I was really sad that Lumen left, but I agree that she had to. I know she accepted him, but since her "dark passenger" had left, she couldn't be with Dexter. I think if she had stayed, every time Dexter went to do what he does, it would have brought back the pain of this part of her life.

This may be out there because she is so much older than the others, but a theory with Emily (that I doubt will ever be addressed, but sometimes its fun to think what happens behind the scenes right?) So Jordan is dead and wearing a necklace of Emily's blood...Emily is dead in her house with evidence of Jordan (prints etc). I know LaGuerta hated Deb's idea of the vigalante couple, maybe she would decide that Emily was 13 and Jordan found and killed her?

I'm excited for next season! Oh and I have decided to ignore any news of them getting divorced and instead I am going to hear it as they are having a baby! YAY! :)

#172 of 173 Old 12-16-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatha_Ann View Post

Oh my goodness! i just watched episodes 6-12 in two nights on the laptop while I wrapped presents. I think the first half of the season was a little slow, but the second hlf I loved! Watching it back to back like I did din't give me any time to analyze and predict between episodes so I was surprised and shocked at the end.

I was really sad that Lumen left, but I agree that she had to. I know she accepted him, but since her "dark passenger" had left, she couldn't be with Dexter. I think if she had stayed, every time Dexter went to do what he does, it would have brought back the pain of this part of her life.

This may be out there because she is so much older than the others, but a theory with Emily (that I doubt will ever be addressed, but sometimes its fun to think what happens behind the scenes right?) So Jordan is dead and wearing a necklace of Emily's blood...Emily is dead in her house with evidence of Jordan (prints etc). I know LaGuerta hated Deb's idea of the vigalante couple, maybe she would decide that Emily was 13 and Jordan found and killed her?

I'm excited for next season! Oh and I have decided to ignore any news of them getting divorced and instead I am going to hear it as they are having a baby! YAY! :)

They got rid of the body so I'm sure they got rid of the necklace too. 

I do wonder about Emily's body.  They could have gone somewhere with that I think.

I was also confused when LaGuerta congratulated Deb for "cracking the case"... I mean all they found was an old camp when they went out there, I think.  For all they know Jordan is still on the run and they don't have any more proof, right?  I didn't think that part was very clear.

#173 of 173 Old 12-16-2010, 08:51 PM

Oh you're right, I totally forgot that they dumped his body! I guess thats what happens when I watch too many episodes in a row...I forget who's still lying around!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page