Dexter - Season 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 173 Old 08-19-2010, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
WHOOPS. I started this in the wrong forum on accident.

9/26. Whose ready? After the final scene from last year, Im not so sure.
#2 of 173 Old 08-19-2010, 04:15 PM

I'm not sure I like where the trailer implied it's going. I'm afraid that they're setting it up for this to be the last season.

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#3 of 173 Old 08-19-2010, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter

trailor? What trailor? lol

I will have to check it out when i get home. I switch back and forth between sho and HBO depending on what show of mine is on. Incase you havent noticed, its True Blood Season. So showtime will just have to wait.
#4 of 173 Old 08-19-2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post
I'm not sure I like where the trailer implied it's going. I'm afraid that they're setting it up for this to be the last season.
I hope not! I just discovered Dexter via netflix a couple months ago, and I LOVE it. Possibly my fav show. Of course, it'll be another show where I've watched previous seasons on DVD all the way through and it's gonna kill me to have to wait a week in between shows, though.
But I'm ready!
#5 of 173 Old 08-19-2010, 04:20 PM

Oh, and did ya'll know that in real life, Dexter is married to Deb??
#6 of 173 Old 08-19-2010, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nola79 View Post
Sur did. And hes recently a cancer survivor, though I cant remember what kind.
#7 of 173 Old 08-19-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie64g View Post
I saw it on fb. I "liked" Dexter, and every so often a preview of the new season will pop up.
#8 of 173 Old 08-19-2010, 04:23 PM

Quote:
I did hear that. Glad he's in remission.
#9 of 173 Old 08-19-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nola79 View Post
DH came home and told me that recently! Of course, he worded it like, "Dexter married his sister" and it took a moment for me to realize exactly what he said.

Quote:
Hodgkin's Lymphoma? I think that was it...

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#10 of 173 Old 08-19-2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:

I will have to check it out when i get home. I switch back and forth between sho and HBO depending on what show of mine is on. Incase you havent noticed, its True Blood Season. So showtime will just have to wait.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUbCMbW-BRE

#11 of 173 Old 08-19-2010, 04:53 PM

I'm still finishing off Season 4 even though I made my friend tell me everything that happened. We'll be getting Showtime before Season 5 starts. I can't wait.
#12 of 173 Old 08-19-2010, 05:16 PM

I cannot wait until Dexter starts up again. I love it more than any other show in the history of television. I'm excited to see where they take it, with him being a single father and all. Oh, and with Quinn on his a$$ now, should be good.

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#13 of 173 Old 08-19-2010, 05:25 PM

I absolutely adored Dexter! But that last season finale really shook me. Usually I don't let stuff I watch affect me like that, but I was pretty horrified. I was in a serious funk for like two days. It was bizarre.

I'm not sure how I feel about this next season. How do you make a recovery from something like that? The trailer didn't provide any optimism in that respect. They were trying to keep their viewers on their toes and avoid becoming "predictable", but I'm afraid they may have gone too far in the other direction and painted themselves into a corner. I dunno. I won't be turning our cable back on for it. If I can see it some other way, then I'll wait for the reviews and check it out later.

I'm me. In love with this guy. We're bringing up two girls: Big A (8) and Little A (3)

#14 of 173 Old 08-19-2010, 08:05 PM

Oh boy I so hope this isn't the last season. "Six Feet Under" is still my favorite show of all time and it took a while for me to move on after it ended. Now Dex is my fave and I'm just not ready for it to end!
#15 of 173 Old 08-21-2010, 09:31 AM

I'm so excited too!! I was hoping that the season finale was a dream sequence. It will be so weird not having Rita around.
#16 of 173 Old 08-22-2010, 06:55 PM

I finished watching Season 4 late Friday night. It's Sunday and I'm still disturbed by the image of the baby sitting in the blood.
#17 of 173 Old 08-23-2010, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbailey View Post
I finished watching Season 4 late Friday night. It's Sunday and I'm still disturbed by the image of the baby sitting in the blood.
THIS. THIS. THISSSSSSSSSSS.

ANd I just watched the trailor finally, and I gotta say, I might have a hard time watching any of the new season. If I were childess, it might not be so bad, but seriosly, since Ive become a mother, so much about what I can stand in the way of fiction or reality has changed. Im distrubed by the silliest things. THAT IMAGE was burned into my brain and I didnt heal for alteast a week. I almost slept on the floor of Charlies room at the time, with the Matthew in a nice little nest next to Charlies crib. I was THAT disturbed. It took all the energy I had to block out that image and try to fill my head with wonderful images.

The trailor was so full of the children being heartbroken or purley innocent and cluelless of now being motherless. The image of him holding the baby up, still covered in his mothers blood. I almost yacked on the computer screen.

I will try watching it, but it might be out of some perverse respect and loyalty for a show I began watching BEFORE i had children.
#18 of 173 Old 08-23-2010, 09:53 AM

I have to agree with you, Gina. I am so sensitive to all sorts of content now ("Gone, Baby, Gone" just wrecked me) where I wasn't before the girls arrived. Can't wait for the new season of Dexter, but will be avoiding that preview.

Mom to two lovely girls, 4 and 3. SAHW/M in need of sleep.
#19 of 173 Old 08-23-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
THIS. THIS. THISSSSSSSSSSS.

ANd I just watched the trailor finally, and I gotta say, I might have a hard time watching any of the new season. If I were childess, it might not be so bad, but seriosly, since Ive become a mother, so much about what I can stand in the way of fiction or reality has changed. Im distrubed by the silliest things. THAT IMAGE was burned into my brain and I didnt heal for alteast a week. I almost slept on the floor of Charlies room at the time, with the Matthew in a nice little nest next to Charlies crib. I was THAT disturbed. It took all the energy I had to block out that image and try to fill my head with wonderful images.

The trailor was so full of the children being heartbroken or purley innocent and cluelless of now being motherless. The image of him holding the baby up, still covered in his mothers blood. I almost yacked on the computer screen.

I will try watching it, but it might be out of some perverse respect and loyalty for a show I began watching BEFORE i had children.
I told DH that I would have to leave the room if they kept showing clips of Harrison crying for his Mommy. I can't handle that.

#20 of 173 Old 08-23-2010, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

I was JUST having a discussion with my co worker ( who incidentally was listening to the soundtrack for The Road, and we began talking about how I will NEVER watch that because of my inability to seperate fact from fiction) and I was starting to tell him how I might not be able to watch on of my favorite shows this season for this very reason. I started to ATTEMPT to describe the final scene of last season. To my embarrassment, I couldnt even do THAT!?!?!?! My eyes welled up and my throat got a big old lump in it. GOD im pathetic.
#21 of 173 Old 08-29-2010, 11:17 PM

I'm a HUGE Dexter fan. I just finished season four via Netflix and will be watching season five on the internet. There's no way I can wait another year after what happened in the very last episode.

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
#22 of 173 Old 09-11-2010, 07:06 PM

I love Dexter! I don't think I have taken a single bath without images of Rita and the baby coming to mind since the season closer last year. DH watched the first season and tried to talk me into watching it.... I was not interested, and bothered by the fact he enjoyed a show about a serial killer so much. Then when season 2 came on I watched 1 episode and was hooked. Caught up on season 1 in like 2 weeks on my iphone. I hope this isn't the last season. Anyone read the books? DH did and says the "real Dexter" would have never had a family. Ohhh and I just adore Deb. Is she an amazing actress or what? She made me cry last season.

Mom to 3 Married to geek.gif for 10 wonderful years luxlove.gif
13 af.gif 9 goodvibes.gifand 6coolshine.gif

#23 of 173 Old 09-12-2010, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter

Books ?!?!
#24 of 173 Old 09-12-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Books ?!?!
Yes! You didn't know? I did hear they weren't very good, though.

@Boxofrainmama, Deb is mine and DH's fav character, too! (well, besides Dexter)
#25 of 173 Old 09-12-2010, 12:04 PM

I have to sub to this thread because I cannot wait for the new season. I think the last scene was probably VERY shocking if you didn't anticipate it was coming. I didn't know how they'd do it, but I had this feeling all season they'd "get rid of her" somehow. She became really controlling and weird that last season, perhaps to soften the blow.
I was still surprised, I literally said out loud OMG they did it. Of course the whole born in blood thing mimics Dexter so I wonder where they are taking that.
I agree with the person who said Six Feet Under was the best show ever and it took them awhile to move on. Me too, I didn't even watch the first couple of Seasons of this on TV because I couldn't imagine him as anyone other than David. Wow, can this dude act. Not only can he go from David to Dexter but he's making a serial killer attractive. If this is the last season, which I think it is, then I can't wait to see what he'll do next.

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

#26 of 173 Old 09-12-2010, 12:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm pretty sure he signed on for at least one more season. I did have a pit in my stomach at the end of last season when I had the realization that, at some point, the season would end it would be over! I seriously felt a sense of loss I've NEVER been so addicted to a tv show

I can hardly wait!!!!!
#27 of 173 Old 09-12-2010, 12:37 PM

"Anyone read the books? DH did and says the "real Dexter" would have never had a family."

I've read the books, I'm currently on the 4th one. (SPOILER ALERT!!) In the books he marries Rita as well, and takes her children under his wing. So he does have a family. The first book bears similarity to season one but beyond that they go off in a very different direction than the TV show. It's fun to read the books because it's like a different Dexter, so you get more Dexter! I would not say the books are bad, they are just very different. You get far more insight into Dexter's mind.

Really looking forward to the season premiere.

SAHM to 3 girls
#28 of 173 Old 09-12-2010, 12:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbailey View Post
I'm still finishing off Season 4 even though I made my friend tell me everything that happened. We'll be getting Showtime before Season 5 starts. I can't wait.
GAH! I'm still plowing my way through Season 3... I need to catch up quick...

This is a tree on fire with love, but it's still scary since most people think love only looks like one thing instead of the whole world. *
#29 of 173 Old 09-12-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2texas View Post
"Anyone read the books? DH did and says the "real Dexter" would have never had a family."

I've read the books, I'm currently on the 4th one.
I think my DH only knew of 2 books...... I will have to ask him! VERY interesting!

Mom to 3 Married to geek.gif for 10 wonderful years luxlove.gif
13 af.gif 9 goodvibes.gifand 6coolshine.gif

#30 of 173 Old 09-17-2010, 07:53 PM

I can't wait

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page