ANTM Cycle 15 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 51 Old 10-07-2010, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flminivanmama View Post
not only that - is that really how the designer wants his clothes to be modeled?? at least let them practice once...
Yeah, good point! I was thinking that, too! No one would have looked at the clothes, they would have only been seeing the falling and stumbling. Stupid!

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#32 of 51 Old 10-08-2010, 10:32 AM

I couldn't believe they didn't even let them practice. Kacey did good, but her dress was also much shorter than everyone else's, which had to help.
#33 of 51 Old 10-13-2010, 03:08 PM

I agree, that was the most ridiculous challenge. the dresses were actually really beautiful (not crazy like what they normally have them modeling) and you couldn't even focus on them. what is the point in having a model fall all over the place and you can't even see the dress. Just like that roller coaster challenge the other week, how are the supposed to do an emotion or a certain "face" with the wind blowing in their faces and being forced back like that? Liz won b/c she was the only one whose face just happened to not be completely contorted. Just ridiculous.
#34 of 51 Old 10-21-2010, 10:27 AM

Any thoughts on who's left?

I was a little surprised at who went home last night. I'm dying to see what ends up happening with Ann. I'd be surprised if she won it all considering how much they talk about her personality. Liz is annoying. Kayla and Chelsey are my favorites so far.
#35 of 51 Old 10-21-2010, 10:45 AM

the blog I read about the show (fourfour) has an Ann breakdown countdown ... My sons watch with me and we also think its definitely going to happen at some point

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#36 of 51 Old 10-21-2010, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyantavid View Post
Any thoughts on who's left?

I was a little surprised at who went home last night. I'm dying to see what ends up happening with Ann. I'd be surprised if she won it all considering how much they talk about her personality. Liz is annoying. Kayla and Chelsey are my favorites so far.

I think Kayla might win it all.

I am increasingly drawn to Ester but I do not think she will win.

Ann will be top 3 or so - Ann is great, but the quirky ones who take amazing pictures rarely win - the models have to be good overall to win.

I was not at all suprised by who went home. Kendall is gorgeous, but her pictures are boring.
#37 of 51 Old 10-21-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post
I was not at all suprised by who went home. Kendall is gorgeous, but her pictures are boring.
Ture, but I never was all that impressed with Esther.
#38 of 51 Old 10-21-2010, 12:23 PM

And why is it that every single cycle they do something with designers and there's always a few girls who have no idea who the designers are? I'm not trying to be a model and have at least heard of all of them.
#39 of 51 Old 10-21-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyantavid View Post
And why is it that every single cycle they do something with designers and there's always a few girls who have no idea who the designers are? I'm not trying to be a model and have at least heard of all of them.
I thought Kendall not knowing who Vera Wang is was really bad. I know very little about fashion - but know her.

I think the blond/brunet with long hair (Esters partner last night) might go home next. I do not even remember her name - which is not a good sign for her.
#40 of 51 Old 10-21-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post
I thought Kendall not knowing who Vera Wang is was really bad. I know very little about fashion - but know her.

I think the blond/brunet with long hair (Esters partner last night) might go home next. I do not even remember her name - which is not a good sign for her.
Yeah, Jane. I think you're right. She's not doing much at all and her pictures have never been great.
#41 of 51 Old 10-21-2010, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Ann will be top 3 or so - Ann is great, but the quirky ones who take amazing pictures rarely win - the models have to be good overall to win.
In BritansNTM & Australia'sNTM the quirky ones tend to win. This season, with the prizes, I could see it being more of a possibility.

I don't think Ann has too many looks though. She seems to do very very similar things each time.

I was surprised that the judges(Tyra) said that they haven't seen someone like Kendall in a long time, she looks ALOT like Kristi(I think that was her name) who won the last cycle just with long hair.

She was blah though.

I can see Kayla winning.

Chris has too much personality, she may need to reign that in a bit. She can't jump in every photoshoot.

Jane has potential but she needs a bit more teaching.

Esther is middle of the pack. She can pull it up more.

Chelsey is middle too. I hate that they widened her gap more on the makeovers, though that's more due to my own teeth issues.lol

Overall I feel all of the people they selected this time are very green, moreso than normal. They've taken too many weeks to get to okay with the odd fluke shots.
#42 of 51 Old 11-11-2010, 07:26 AM

Any thoughts on who's left?  I really want Chelsey or Kayla to win it.  Ann takes good pictures, but that's all she's got.  I'm kind of surprised Jane's still in there, but I really don't think she's got enough to win it.

#43 of 51 Old 11-11-2010, 08:49 AM

Kayla FTW!  - that's what my boys and I think smile.gif

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#44 of 51 Old 11-15-2010, 11:07 AM

kayla or ann chelsea kinda annoys me and i dont know why jane is still around

cold.gifme + headscratch.gif him and one littlecat.gifPaco the Taco hoping for one of these  makebabe.gifin the near future

#45 of 51 Old 11-18-2010, 06:59 AM

Ok so last night surprised me a bit.  I'm glad Chelsey's still in it though! 

#46 of 51 Old 11-18-2010, 06:44 PM

I was expecting Kayla and Ann or Kayla and Chelsea to be in the top two.  I expected Kayla to win.

I am not sure who is going to win - but I think it might be Ann.  We will see.

#47 of 51 Old 11-19-2010, 08:46 AM

i think the judges have been trying to boost anne's confidence since the beginning (come on, 5 best pictures in a row?  there was at least one or two that should have been someone else!) because they decided early on they wanted her to win.  i just don't get the anne love; sure she can take a pretty picture but doesn't tyra always gone on about how it's so much more than just a pretty picture??

i think it's unfortunate that kayla was eliminated; i think she could have done well and she's shown tons of growth.  look how well she can pose with the male models now!! 

meh, i've lost interest in the finale.  i think they screwed this up!  the finals should have been chelsea and kayla.

wife to dh, mama to dd1   june 2007, dd2 march 2009 and dd3 april 2011
#48 of 51 Old 11-19-2010, 09:00 AM

I don't get the big deal with Ann either.  Yeah, some of her pictures are really good, but they talk so much about personality and were really hard on Jane about it.

I'm pretty sure Ann's gonna end up winning it at this point.  I really think it should have been Kayla and Chelsey at the end and I would have been happy either way.

#49 of 51 Old 12-01-2010, 02:18 PM

The end is here!  I'm still rooting for Chelsey, but I'd be really surprised if she won it.

#50 of 51 Old 12-01-2010, 05:41 PM

I watched a marathon of this over the weekend and am now watching the last show. I think Ann is going to win but I don't see the big deal about her. Not sure why either of them are in the finale.

#51 of 51 Old 12-03-2010, 07:15 PM

and so ends another cycle!  I enjoyed this one more than usual, less of Tyra's theatrics which was appreciated.  I didn't think either finalist walked well on the runway at all.  Very happy for Ann, she is more high fashion, but I think it will be hard for her to adjust to a model's lifestyle.  I hope Chelsea is successful in whatever she does!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page