ANTM Cycle 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-09-2010, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It started last night! I meant to start this thread yesterday but I didn't get around to it.

This season I'm going to count how many times a night Tyra says "smize"!

So, who else is going to watch?

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2010, 06:47 PM

It started already? Looks like I need to add something else to the DVR. Shows sure seem to be starting early this year like it used to be when I was a kid.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

Old 09-09-2010, 06:54 PM

Oh crap! I knew it started last night and completely forgot since we weren't home. I'll have to find it online.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:56 PM

It started. No one stood out for me yet.

Tyra going on about taking it to the next level annoyed me, but I thought she looked really good on last nights episode. Throughout cycle 14 she wore these horrible body suits that looked like space suits meets alien wear - this is much better!
Old 09-10-2010, 10:15 AM

I really liked the girls this season, so far. Jane, Kayla, and Liz are my favorites based on the first episode. But there are plenty of other girls I liked as well. Rhianna (Willow), Annamarie, and Kendall are gorgeous. I think the only girls I wasnt impressed with are Lexie, Kacey, and the sisters.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:14 PM

I am SO SO glad that it wasn't some cheesy theme or something.

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
Old 09-10-2010, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

I've already forgotten the names, but I'm not impressed by the sisters. I like the gap-toothed girl who already was a model. I bet they will expect a lot from her. I LOVE that there is a girl with large boobs, but I wish there was a plus size model this time. But I guess for Vogue Italia they won't accept that. I kinda like the theme this year of high fashion, editorial. And I was also glad that Tyra didn't do anything cheesy...so far. Hopefully she's stepping it up this season.

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

Old 09-10-2010, 08:28 PM

I was also cheering on the girl with the huge bust. I'm a 34DD when NOT pregnant (well, I was...I think BFing knocked it down to a D...not complaining)

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
Old 09-13-2010, 06:55 PM

you can find it online at sidereel.com
Old 09-15-2010, 06:40 PM

I like the blond girl with the freckles. Chelsea?
does anyone else wish that Janice Dickinson was still a judge? ANTM was always more entertaining when good ole Janice was on....
Old 09-15-2010, 11:58 PM

So far I think it's started off well! I see more potential in this crop of girls than last time.

So glad Tyra has toned down the dramatics (for now)

Don't really like Annamaria's attitude, curious to see what will happen with Ann, and Esther.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:51 PM

Im very glad to see that Tyra isnt a fan of the skin and bone girls. It was really quite shocking to see her in that bikini.

I just think Jane is stunning. She was in the middle this week. I hope she improves. I want to see more of her.

Kelsey and Anne definitely deserved to be top 2. They both pulled of amazing pictures.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:54 PM

anamaria was hard for me to look at because I'm an eating disorder survivor. I wouldn't be surprised if Tyra put her on just to kick her off for her body type. She will get work with her body, though. There's ALWAYS someone that wants to hire heroin chic.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:38 PM

This show is my guilty pleasure, I've been waiting all summer for cycle 15 - can't wait for the drama to unfold
Old 09-17-2010, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

I'm so glad Annamaria went home. It's one thing to be naturally super skinny but to purposely starve yourself and then be really cocky about it and is bad. I think Tyra did the right thing, even though her face could definitely out-model some of those other girls. I would rather have seen Tyra set her up with an eating disorders program and other help. Instead she is going to keep doing what she's doing and hoping she gets booked. Not good.

Old 09-17-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchgrrl View Post
I'm so glad Annamaria went home. It's one thing to be naturally super skinny but to purposely starve yourself and then be really cocky about it and is bad. I think Tyra did the right thing, even though her face could definitely out-model some of those other girls. I would rather have seen Tyra set her up with an eating disorders program and other help. Instead she is going to keep doing what she's doing and hoping she gets booked. Not good.
If she doesn't want help it would be a HUGE waste of money to send her anywhere.

Old 09-17-2010, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post
If she doesn't want help it would be a HUGE waste of money to send her anywhere.
True. True. You're right about that. It just made me really sad. I hope every agency tells her no and the reason and hopefully that would push her to get help. I doubt it, though.

Old 09-17-2010, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchgrrl View Post
True. True. You're right about that. It just made me really sad. I hope every agency tells her no and the reason and hopefully that would push her to get help. I doubt it, though.
Like I said, heroin chic (that really skinny "Kate Moss" look) will always be in style for someone. It's sad, but very true.

Old 09-19-2010, 02:10 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I have watched every episode since Cycle 1! LOVE this show. I already have a favorite this season -- Chelsea.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:42 PM

More modeling agents are starting to go away from that superskinny look because of criticism they're getting. She wasn't just skinny, she was bones.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaina View Post
you can find it online at sidereel.com
Thank you! I swear my DVR hates ANTM. It's set, but it won't record it. lol.

Mom to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(12), bikenew.gif(7), energy.gif(5),  guitar.gif(4), baby.gif (born 7/8/11), dog2.gif, and chicken3.gif

Old 09-20-2010, 11:29 AM

I finally watched it (I really suck at remembering when it's on). I was glad to see Anamaria go. Her attitude was just awful.

I really like Liz, but I gotta root for Chelsey, she's from my state.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:17 AM

So the makeovers...I think they all turned out really well. Although I thought Chelsey looked like Anna Paquin before, now they could be twins.

I was not at all surprised by who went home last night.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:26 PM

I think either one of them could have gone home last night. Hopefully this was a huge wake up call for those who did so bad.

Hated Tyra's hair.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:28 PM

That red that Kayla got? I've had that before...LOVED IT!!! *sigh* It makes me want to color my hair again! (It's naturally a dark brown)

Old 09-23-2010, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

I loved the makeovers, but I gotta say, I'm glad Sarah went home because I couldn't stand the bleached eyebrows with dark hair. What's up with that?? It looked ridiculous! I LOVE the red hair, especially the cut they gave her. And I thought it was great that they widend the teeth gap on what's her name. She looks amazing!

Old 10-07-2010, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone watch last night? Not that I actually care about the people on the show but I thought it was really mean of them to do the runway show like that. It was just for laughs and to see how many times someone could fall. I cringe when I see people stumble or almost hurt themselves. I just thought it was plain mean! I mean it could have accomplished it with it moving slower. It was too fast for anyone, especially in heels!

Old 10-07-2010, 02:23 PM

Maybe was just a tad bit cruel, but I think it's better than the meat dress they made them wear a few seasons back!

Christian SAHM & birth doula.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:32 PM

I thought it was a stupid challenge. Seriously? It's hard to walk on those things in flat shoes! It was a huge injury risk to the girls. Those belts were going fast.

Old 10-07-2010, 04:55 PM

not only that - is that really how the designer wants his clothes to be modeled?? at least let them practice once...

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

User Tag List