Sister Wives! - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#211 of 226 Old 11-04-2010, 01:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was glad to hear Robyn's son with Asperger's seemed to be adjusting well. I was worried about the transition for him!

Mama to 2 little darling squooshy faces
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#212 of 226 Old 11-05-2010, 01:16 AM

Location: back in the GREAT state of Minnesota! oh how i have missed you!
i watched the special and i felt i got some clarification. i am still a little confused on money (dont really care that much about this one more just wondering ) and Health Ins (this one i care about... i want to know how the afford it and how it works) ... i feel like those 2 questions get danced around when asked.

Your life doesnât change by the man whos elected. If your loved by someone you can't be rejected... decide what to be and go be it! If your a caged bird brake in and demand that somebody free it.
#213 of 226 Old 11-05-2010, 01:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebug View Post
i watched the special and i felt i got some clarification. i am still a little confused on money (dont really care that much about this one more just wondering ) and Health Ins (this one i care about... i want to know how the afford it and how it works) ... i feel like those 2 questions get danced around when asked.
Yes, exactly. I understand the children would all be covered because Kody is the father. But how do the non-working moms get insurance? Through the state? Do they buy it themselves? Technically speaking they are single moms. Also, do the non-working moms get food stamps?

The money thing too. Do they get an allowance or something for food and clothes? Is the mortgage paid off? I don't know why I am interested but it seems like a lot of work to keep up with.

treehugger.gifearth.gifribbonwhite.gif Anne (31), single WOHM to Karen (5)ribbonyellow.gifshamrocksmile.giffambedsingle1.gifjoy.gif
#214 of 226 Old 11-05-2010, 02:50 AM

Hmmm....I just sat here and read through all 11 pages of this thread. Guess I'm gonna have to watch the reruns now. All you ladies brought up good points on some interesting topics. I had absolutly no interest at all in this show until now... what SAHM doesn't love a little drama that doesn't involve her own fighting children.

Now where's that tivo remote.
#215 of 226 Old 11-08-2010, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frugalmum View Post
I am puzzled over my Meri (sp?) seems so upset about the new wife when she was the one who encouraged Kody to approach her and dance with her in the first place?
I've wondered this the whole time. It was Meri's idea - she suggested she would be a good next wife - and now she's upset I don't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyChristianMama View Post
She did say something about needing to provide a safe home for her kids and that she had been working on that for the last couple years. I assumed it had something to do with leaving her ex.
Yeah - didn't she say she was in an abusive marriage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich View Post
Nola, when Kody make that comment to Meri about the vulgarity of even imagining how it is for her, I lost all respect for him.
Exactly. I just don't get the what's good for the goose isn't good for the gander thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbailey View Post
She kept saying they felt it would be better for the company but didn't really go into too many details. I felt bad for her. She seemed really upset. I can only imagine work may have been a nice escape for her.
Do we know what type of job she had?

Lisa   L&D RN mama to DS#1 (4-01) DS#2 (9-03) DD (10-05) vbac.gifX2,  ribbonpb.gif 10-2011

#216 of 226 Old 11-08-2010, 12:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisoula View Post

Do we know what type of job she had?
She worked in the mental health industry in some capacity.

Elizabeth - Doing life with Scott partners.gif

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png
adoptionheart-1.gif  Follow our journey  mdcblog5.gif

#217 of 226 Old 11-26-2010, 09:35 AM

Is anyone planning on watching the honeymoon special on this weekend? I saw a clip of it on some website and the wives were complaining about the length of time of Robyn and Kody's honeymoon. Janelle seemed the most annoyed and said it isn't Robyn but the idea of the time. Everyone always says it isn't Robyn but I think it is Robyn. I can't wait for Season 2 of this show.

BettinaAuSucre likes this.
#218 of 226 Old 11-26-2010, 10:42 AM

I watched it.  It was funny to me, because the whole time they were on their honeymoon the other three wives seemed super peeved about it.  Then, at the end when everyone was back together they were all "Everyone is different, Robyn NEEDED eleven days, so it's ok". 

Also everything the husband said wouldn't be felt by the other wives was expressed in the interview...

Heathyr hang.gifBlessed Catholic Wife to DHwheelchair.gif Devoted Mama to DS1 biglaugh.gif(3/17/08) and DS2blowkiss.gif (8/5/2010)familybed1.gifcd.giflactivist.gifribboncesarean.gifx2 
#219 of 226 Old 11-26-2010, 11:07 AM

I just saw the honeymoon episode last night. I keep watching the shows, but always feel a little, icky(?) afterward. I'm not sure how to explain it. I feel sad, or anxious for the wives. I don't like to see all their sadness.

KempsMama likes this.

Michelle , 20+ years with a wonderful DH
Mama to two boys, 12 and 10

#220 of 226 Old 11-27-2010, 07:37 AM

Jumping in here...  I was unphased by any jealousy until the Honeymoon special, it seemed to me like the first three are VERY jealous of Robyn, that it became all too apparent that he DOES like a younger tighter bod as evidenced in a 11-day honeymoon---which I agree is completely selfish when you have that many wives and KIDS at home.  #3 does a lot of manipulation with her language and her thinking, she has some reason why being #3 is best and that she chose it, and when she said that she cornered (seems to me) Robyn into saying that she "needed 11 days" she turned it around to it being "sad" because in her mind she's reformatting it to be that Robyn and Kody are not bonded like the first 3 are.  The only reason I think this whole thing will work out is because Robyn comes from a poly background, otherwise it just looks like disaster!

KempsMama likes this.
#221 of 226 Old 11-27-2010, 08:33 PM

I didn't realize I was a week late in seeing this but just finished watching it. I just don't see how this can work. The other wives are jealous and Robyn is trying way to hard to prove she isn't threatening. I thought it was selfish of him to take such a long honeymoon and also selfish of Robyn to leave her children for that long especially right after such a new event in their lives.

I thought Meri would be the one to clash the most with Robyn but I think it will be Christine. She seems the most bothered by this.

#222 of 226 Old 11-27-2010, 09:04 PM

The honeymoon show was crazy. 11 days?!? Seriously?

#223 of 226 Old 11-28-2010, 08:56 AM

I think the honeymoon show really showed a lot. Kody gets something different from each wife...i.e., Janelle is his "best friend", Christine is the loving homemaker, etc. The women all get...him. Who, by his own self-admisssion, still has a lot of growing up to do. I think it is interesting that Robyn had her mom come watch the kids for most of the honeymoon (though they didn't show it, she did say that). That might have been better for her kids, actually. I can't really imagine what it must have been like for the other wives to watch that episode and see Robyn and Kody all over each other on the honeymoon. I would imagine he hasn't acted like that with any of them in a long time, if ever.

gbailey likes this.
#224 of 226 Old 11-28-2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JElaineB View Post

I think the honeymoon show really showed a lot. Kody gets something different from each wife...i.e., Janelle is his "best friend", Christine is the loving homemaker, etc. The women all get...him. Who, by his own self-admisssion, still has a lot of growing up to do. I think it is interesting that Robyn had her mom come watch the kids for most of the honeymoon (though they didn't show it, she did say that). That might have been better for her kids, actually. I can't really imagine what it must have been like for the other wives to watch that episode and see Robyn and Kody all over each other on the honeymoon. I would imagine he hasn't acted like that with any of them in a long time, if ever.

ITA. He does seem to have a physical connection with Meri, the 1st wife, though. Not so much with Janelle and Christine, although they each have 6 children together so there's obviously something going on there...lol

#225 of 226 Old 11-29-2010, 01:31 PM

I agree regarding your Meri comment. I think she and Kody seem to have the strongest connection with each other. They're interactions seem so natural and when he looks at her I see something I don't see when he looks at the other wives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nola79 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JElaineB View Post

ITA. He does seem to have a physical connection with Meri, the 1st wife, though. Not so much with Janelle and Christine, although they each have 6 children together so there's obviously something going on there...lol

#226 of 226 Old 11-29-2010, 02:37 PM

Is there anyway to watch this online?  I can't see it on the web site!

lady Mummy to Smoosh, 8-2005. Waldorf inspired homeschooler and crazy knitter!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page