House Season 7 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 49 Old 10-19-2010, 01:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
That's right! Cuddy's daughter Rachel. Not only was she way too big for jars of baby food, but she just didn't look two years old. Maybe two years and eleven months. Cute girl, though.

I'm disappointed that Dr. Chang didn't take the job.

Quote:
I guess because they didn't really go into what it meant for the mother to have "not been there" for the older daughter. I just never empathized at all with the daughter - without further information, she just seemed like a jealous spoiled brat.
Yes, that's it. There was no explanation about their background. I wonder if the writers thought it wasn't necessary to elaborate, that the mom and daughter were stand-ins for an existing story that they hope we're already familiar with.

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#32 of 49 Old 10-19-2010, 03:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't like Cuddy and House together. Their sex scenes are lacking. I think it's because of their personalities.

My favorite scene in this season was when House pulled Wilson out of the window by a cart.

Cuddy's daughter is huge!

Weird episode, I didn't feel the mother-daughter dynamic either. I'm not liking this season. Just weird.

Akie, single mom to M (02/18/06), E (08/04/07) and Z (06/22/09)
#33 of 49 Old 10-19-2010, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

I was really looking forward to Wilson and House babysitting but the whole episode was flat for me. :/ Well, I liked Wilson doing baby talk. Other than that, everything about this episode felt rushed, pushed and really unnatural (which is how I've felt about the season in general, I was just hoping this ep would be a bright spot).

I'm a morning person.  We actually do exist.
#34 of 49 Old 10-19-2010, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeymom View Post
I would be very unhappy to find out my new boyfriend was getting massages -therapeutic or otherwise- from a hooker, much less a hooker he'd had sex with before. I would not continue to date a guy who would do that. Cuddy thought fast and offered House a solution that she could live with: drop the hooker massages and try this physical therapist or it's over. Totally fair. He can take it or leave it. If the physical therapist doesn't do as good a job he can decide from there.

She'd be utterly stupid to think House would never succumb (ha!) to temptation again. It's disrespectful to her.

That's where that guy was from!! Thank you. Knew he was in an ad recently.

Oh, I missed this. I totally disagree that Cuddy would feel that way. It feels completely out of character for her to be so uninterested in House's pain management. For the entire arc of the show (and before, even), she has been really involved and interested in him finding non-narcotic ways to manage his pain. To yank someone from him who is helping him is much more selfish and cruel than she has been with him in the past. It felt like a really cheap storyline. House is becoming the Wilson in this relationship and it's painful to watch. /overly invested rant on fictional characters' lives

#35 of 49 Old 10-19-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawningmama View Post
/overly invested rant on fictional characters' lives
Not overly-invested, just well thought-out. I love it.

#36 of 49 Old 10-20-2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Huddy continues to annoy me. House has a massage therapist who actualy helps (after going through how many? 10?) and keeps his debilitating pain managable without drugs (which he has fought so hard to stay off of) and Cuddy cares that he used to sleep with this therapist? Wth? These are grown people? Ridiculous.
Yes! Exactly.
And this:

Quote:
Oh, I missed this. I totally disagree that Cuddy would feel that way. It feels completely out of character for her to be so uninterested in House's pain management. For the entire arc of the show (and before, even), she has been really involved and interested in him finding non-narcotic ways to manage his pain. To yank someone from him who is helping him is much more selfish and cruel than she has been with him in the past. It felt like a really cheap storyline. House is becoming the Wilson in this relationship and it's painful to watch. /overly invested rant on fictional characters' lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse View Post
The mother/daughter thing was weird - I guess because they didn't really go into what it meant for the mother to have "not been there" for the older daughter. I just never empathized at all with the daughter - without further information, she just seemed like a jealous spoiled brat.

While the House/Wilson/Cuddy'ds daughter story was totally unrealistic, it was at least funny, and it was nice to see more Wilson this episode.

I'm glad the doctor auditioning for the team told Taub to grow some balls .

As a side note, did anyone catch Cameron on How I met Your Mother last night?
Yes, to everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeymom View Post
That's right! Cuddy's daughter Rachel. Not only was she way too big for jars of baby food, but she just didn't look two years old. Maybe two years and eleven months. Cute girl, though.

I'm disappointed that Dr. Chang didn't take the job.
Totally agreeing on Rachel, she looks older. (And is cute.)

I'm not sure about Dr. Chang though. It might just be that I haven't seen enough of her, so I might have really taken to her later, but for now, nah, whatever.

-pixie, my dear, and (A-88), N-98, Littlest-06/00-08/00, J-03 & Little Miss Cotton Ball Button-03 (SN), S-05, Hope-loss 09/09, Bean-loss 04/10, and littlePopcorn due feb. 8th -11.
#37 of 49 Old 10-24-2010, 10:18 PM

House's ex-wife, played by Sela Ward is now on CSI: NY. Don't know what happe2nedxzz4 2 Stella. It's kind of weird to see her on there beczu I didn'† know her as anything but House's ex

#38 of 49 Old 10-27-2010, 03:28 AM

Happy!House is a little strange and hard to adjust to.

Not all those who wander are lost 
#39 of 49 Old 10-27-2010, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by akichan View Post
House's ex-wife, played by Sela Ward is now on CSI: NY. Don't know what happe2nedxzz4 2 Stella. It's kind of weird to see her on there beczu I didn'† know her as anything but House's ex
Resident House geek: Her name was Stacey and they were never married, just lived together for 5ish years. She married someone else and after a brief affair with House, left Princeton again with her husband.

I adore Sela Ward and I love the Stacey character (those are some of my favorite scenes to rewatch and that House-in-a-relationship is a pretty stark contrast to the one we're seeing now). My favorite Sela Ward role is Teddy in Sisters, though. I especially loved her with Falconer, played by a young and very eyebrow-heavy George Clooney. *swoon* Talk about chemistry.

#40 of 49 Old 10-27-2010, 11:25 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
i agree with you guys. i am sooo not liking where these weak story lines are going. is it going to go the usual soap opera way where more relationships start taking central roles rather than trying to figure out the disease?

did you find strange the camera work on the daughter. they showed her staring in this bizarre totally blank way and then panning where she should be there and she wasnt. i kept wondering if there was something wrong with the older dd and that she was somehow poisoning the baby.

i am starting to look around. i only watch on hulu. and i discovered modern family that i really enjoy. so i am happy about that.

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#41 of 49 Old 03-08-2011, 11:04 AM

So a friend of mine says we got to witness them jump the shark last night.  Right now I hate last night's episode.  What do you think?? 

The dream sequences were fun but our favorite people cannot sing and dance.  lol.gif  Love the axe cane! 

#42 of 49 Old 03-08-2011, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

I'm conflicted about a lot of last night's episode. The idea of a dream sequence episode is kinda silly in and of itself and I'm disappointed in probably about 80% of it but the slash fan in me loved a lot of it---the My Two Dads bit with the family hug, Milkman!Wilson was too flippin' adorable and Hugh in heavy eye make-up and fingerless gloves and a top hat, while singing and dancing in some kind of crazy Gaga-esque video? Gah and Unf to the max.

I like Hugh Laurie's singing voice. It's quite different from House's voice, though, so I think that's why it didn't work as well last night. HL really lowers his vocal range to speak in an American accent but when he sings, he sings closer to his natural voice pitch. There is a disconnect that makes his singing feel "off" from House's voice.

Mostly, I am pleased that Huddy is over (and I feel pretty confident that it is & I am hoping there won't be too much dwelling on a will they/won't they backslide) and I am pleased that he's back on Vicodin. Which I get sounds awful, but I at least want to see him struggle w/ addiction and pain, yk? The euphoria of Huddy was a pretty big and unsustainable coverup of the pain and work of living with addiction and chronic pain.

I need to rewatch last night's episode. I was spoiled and knew the breakup & drug relapse were coming, so I was mainly watching for those and not paying enough attention to the POTW or secondary and tertiary characters. I think it was the first time I liked the Amber Tamblyn character. lol.gif "Hate the statistics, not the statistician" needs to be embroidered on a pillow. I've been really, really enjoying the Taub/Foreman relationship the last several episodes. They have their own little baby bromance going on and it's adorable.

#43 of 49 Old 03-08-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
am pleased that he's back on Vicodin. Which I get sounds awful, but I at least want to see him struggle w/ addiction and pain, yk?

Yup, I think that's what the character Greg House is supposed to be about.  But-   I really liked that he quit the Vicodin, got cleaned up and got together with Cuddy.  It felt indulgent and I'm glad the writers indulged me.  orngbiggrin.gif  

I really wonder how they'll wrap up the series.

#44 of 49 Old 03-23-2011, 06:33 AM

That was an interesting ending...

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#45 of 49 Old 04-12-2011, 05:35 AM - Thread Starter

Wow. I gotta say, I was blown away with last night's episode. Olivia Wilde and Hugh Laurie killed me with their acting. Amazing. I never thought I would love a wilson-free episode so much! I'm glad I taped it because I definitely need to watch it again. I'm excited to have 13 back! She bored the heck out of me when she was dating Foreman (their ship being aptly named Boreteen) but last night's ep reminded me how much I liked her when she was first auditioning for a spot on the team. She has amazing (non-sexual) chemistry with House---she holds her own as they challenge each other and push one another out of conversational comfort-zones. Great, great stuff.

I found the patient story pretty compelling this week also! Really interesting take on hoarding. Whoever wrote this week's episode did a great job.

#46 of 49 Old 04-15-2011, 09:26 AM

Whew! It's been a busy week.  We finally got around to watching it last night.  Agreed, this was a really good episode!  It was smoothly edited, well written. Fun. 

That Thirteen was so knowledgeable about mechanics and guns was a bit goofy, I thought. But I know it added to her sex appeal.

This was a well-directed episode. 

Edited add, no Wilson and no Cuddy, either!

#47 of 49 Old 04-19-2011, 01:19 PM

"Next week ferrets, right?" Lol!

#48 of 49 Old 04-20-2011, 05:13 AM - Thread Starter

Another great episode! Masters really grew on me over the arc and I enjoyed this look at her, the parallels to House and I really loved that House wanted something, got involved in something and asked for something that had nothing to do with his love life or addiction. He was into medicine this week. The last two weeks reminded me what I have always loved about this show: the ensemble and the medical mystery and a balance between the medicine and the personal stuff. Sure, we've been awfully light on the Wilson, but the chicken stuff was *great* and if he's only in 3 scenes but those 3 scenes are enjoyable and funny? That's ok w/ this Hilson 'shipper.
journeymom likes this.

#49 of 49 Old 04-29-2011, 02:18 AM

I do not like Thirteen. But then again I thought Masters was too much like a Cameron.  Meh.  I think House should be cancelled if it's going to continue this way.  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page