glee!!!!!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 170 Old 10-27-2010, 01:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So who else geeked out at the cameos by Barry Bostwick and Meatloaf? And sang along to all of the songs?

Bubba (9) bikenew.gifLukey (5) jog.gif  Fat Baby (2) babyf.gif  Me faint.gif

#62 of 170 Old 10-27-2010, 02:02 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Meatloaf did a good job portraying a conservative local politician-type.

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#63 of 170 Old 10-27-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeMommy View Post
So who else geeked out at the cameos by Barry Bostwick and Meatloaf? And sang along to all of the songs?
I waaaaaaay geeked out during this epi. It's been a while but I've seen RHPS many times and love the songs. I tried to sing a long and add some of the silly lines.... But DH kept shushing me!

He was the Criminalogist to my Frankenfurter.... *sob*

I loved the Toucha Toucha Touch Me scene and thought Emma was the perfect Janet. And Brittany and Santana outside the window, perfect!!

Really FUN episode!!

Rhianna
#64 of 170 Old 10-27-2010, 06:06 PM

It was an ok episode for me. I kept expecting it to get better and have something really cool happen, but it kind of fizzled for me.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#65 of 170 Old 10-27-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flminivanmama View Post
puck is not gone for good - just two episodes...

it's not on next week (baseball is one) RHPS is in 2 weeks...

Lea Michelle is a broadway actress and can't seem to get that WE CAN SEE HER FACE FROM WHERE WE'RE SITTING"

I too can't stand that it's "the rachel show" - one song an episode from her is plenty thankyouverymuch

can anyone tell me if Kurt's dad was always bald & just always covered it with a cap? or if they shaved him to make him look sicker even though he had a heart attack not cancer or brain surgery? I try not take this show seriously at all but I am just checking....
The actor who plays Kurt's dad has been bald for awhile now he has just always hidden it under a hat.

student/sahm to three awesome girls who are always on the go!
#66 of 170 Old 10-27-2010, 10:15 PM

I liked the Toucha Toucha Touch Me scene. Mostly for Emma and her fabulous outfit and flippy hair. I also liked Sue, but I always like Sue.
#67 of 170 Old 10-28-2010, 12:04 AM

I think that Brit made the PERFECT Columbia and I disliked how Quinn sang Magenta. Those are my only two comments about the show which I thought was fun but wasn't as awesome as I was expecting.
#68 of 170 Old 10-28-2010, 04:16 AM

Loved Emma's performance! And Mercede's.
And, a certain Mr. Schuester needs to play more with his shirt off.

-pixie, my dear, and (A-88), N-98, Littlest-06/00-08/00, J-03 & Little Miss Cotton Ball Button-03 (SN), S-05, Hope-loss 09/09, Bean-loss 04/10, and littlePopcorn due feb. 8th -11.
#69 of 170 Old 10-28-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiekisses View Post
Loved Emma's performance! And Mercede's.
And, a certain Mr. Schuester needs to play more with his shirt off.
Yes, yes, and yes.

Bubba (9) bikenew.gifLukey (5) jog.gif  Fat Baby (2) babyf.gif  Me faint.gif

#70 of 170 Old 10-28-2010, 12:28 PM

I thought was fun but wasn't as awesome as I was expecting.

Yeah, that's a good way to put it.

Emma was a great Janet, she really fit the part.

And I think Finn is a perfect Brad. He does bumbly, indignant and sweet very well.

#71 of 170 Old 11-27-2010, 08:57 AM - Thread Starter

I loved the wedding! I thought it was so sweet and I loved that Finn asked Kurt to dance!

treehugger.gif *CPST*  mama to my three year old DS1 broc1.gif1.31.09 and wedded to angel 8.07  hola.gif

DS 2  waterbirth.jpg 8/18/12!!

#72 of 170 Old 11-28-2010, 08:05 AM

I really liked the last two episodes.  I love Gwenyth Paltrow and the wedding was super fun.  Sue' wedding to herself in the athletic dress was great too.   

#73 of 170 Old 12-01-2010, 07:23 PM

What is the point of Emma getting married?  (I did love her haircut and green stripped coat.)

#74 of 170 Old 12-02-2010, 06:55 AM

The Emma getting married thing is odd.  I am sure she will have marriage issues, and Will will have an ethical dicision on what to do, etc, etc.

I am looking forward to them doing Christmas next week!

#75 of 170 Old 12-02-2010, 08:36 PM

so is the newish character guy from the warblers supposed to be kurt's love interest? if so... hubba hubba wink1.gif

mama to one '07 and one '09
#76 of 170 Old 12-13-2010, 09:02 AM

Just watched my DVR'd Christmas Episode.....loved it!  The Sue the Grinch thing was too funny.  And I loved the Kurt/Blaine "Baby it's Cold Outside"....very cool. 

Unfortunately Mr. Schuster had his shirt on the whole time, though blush.gif.

Lisa   L&D RN mama to DS#1 (4-01) DS#2 (9-03) DD (10-05) vbac.gifX2,  ribbonpb.gif 10-2011

#77 of 170 Old 12-15-2010, 06:28 PM

what i didnt understand about the christmas episode were puck and rachel both getting into it aren't they jewish just seemed a little weird other than that i loved it especially brittney

cold.gifme + headscratch.gif him and one littlecat.gifPaco the Taco hoping for one of these  makebabe.gifin the near future

#78 of 170 Old 12-27-2010, 03:21 PM

Shaina, I noticed the same thing, wondered what the characters Puck and Rachel would think. 

#79 of 170 Old 12-27-2010, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Didnt one of them mention being jewish and not celebrating christmas, but being into it because everyone else was?

treehugger.gif *CPST*  mama to my three year old DS1 broc1.gif1.31.09 and wedded to angel 8.07  hola.gif

DS 2  waterbirth.jpg 8/18/12!!

#80 of 170 Old 02-07-2011, 09:23 AM

I did not love or hate last nights show.

I though the bit with the sparkling breasts was inappropriate.

I loved Sue, though.  Loved her.  I wonder what is going to happen to her character now that she has gone over the deep end?  I half expected her to shoot herself out of a cannon, lol.

I am interested to see where the Quinn/Finn thing goes...I can see them together, but I am not sure how Finn can forgive her for leading him as being the father for months.

I kind of like Rachel and Puck together.  She is a good girl who is not really good, and he is a bad boy who is not really bad.

I hope the homophobe/bullier does not come around.  In reality they rarely do and it would just be too friggin Hollywood if they all get along together and sing kumbaya.  

#81 of 170 Old 02-07-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

I did not love or hate last nights show.

I though the bit with the sparkling breasts was inappropriate.

I loved Sue, though.  Loved her.  I wonder what is going to happen to her character now that she has gone over the deep end?  I half expected her to shoot herself out of a cannon, lol.

I kind of like Rachel and Puck together.  She is a good girl who is not really good, and he is a bad boy who is not really bad.

I hope the homophobe/bullier does not come around.  In reality they rarely do and it would just be too friggin Hollywood if they all get along together and sing kumbaya.  

I agree with these parts. I don't want Finn and Quinn back together...no real reason, I just don't!

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#82 of 170 Old 02-08-2011, 06:33 PM

Fat Bottomed Girls made me laugh so hard.  WHY did Puck think that was a good idea???

I'm over Quinn.  How dumb can she be to ruin two relationships by cheating?

And random question: Does knowing someone's coffee order mean you're into them to you?

obstruct livery vehicles

#83 of 170 Old 02-09-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey693 View Post

And random question: Does knowing someone's coffee order mean you're into them to you?

See, I don't get why that was a big deal either...if they get coffee together EVERY DAY then why is it a big deal that he knows it? Unless he's totally clueless and never listens...but even then he should get it partially right just because it's in his mind each day.

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#84 of 170 Old 02-09-2011, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey693 View Post

See, I don't get why that was a big deal either...if they get coffee together EVERY DAY then why is it a big deal that he knows it? Unless he's totally clueless and never listens...but even then he should get it partially right just because it's in his mind each day.

I think that for an average teenage boy, remembering a coffee order would kinda be a big deal...lol.

The expressions of everyone when Puck was singing Fat Bottomed Girls was the highlight of the show for me.  Freaking loved it!!!

And as usual....Brittany's one-liners made me giggle.

Lisa   L&D RN mama to DS#1 (4-01) DS#2 (9-03) DD (10-05) vbac.gifX2,  ribbonpb.gif 10-2011

#85 of 170 Old 02-17-2011, 03:14 PM

Was anyone offended by Sue's suicide attempt? Or should I say, Sue-icide? I saw an article, didn't read it, that said 'this time Glee went too far', that the fake suicide was just too much. It didn't seem fake to me, I thought she really had attempted suicide.

Offensive, anyone?

#86 of 170 Old 02-17-2011, 03:24 PM

I could tell it was going to be another one of her stunts but I was offended too.  I don't think suicide is funny in the least.  I don't like the character anyway.  Actually, I seriously seriously can't freaking stand her.  I liked her at first when she wasn't so over the top but she destroys things and physically assaults students and the only thing that ever happens is a spanish teacher and a guidance counselor try to help her.  She should be fired for that kind of behavior.  It pisses me off that its perfectly acceptable for her to be so abusive.  I can ignore the fact that the football team repeatedly gets away with slushying students although that baffles the heck out of me but glorifying a teacher for being over the top mean (seriously, why wasn't the principal/school board involved with the cannon/trying to force brittany?!) and trying to make it funny is horrifying.  Its not funny in the least.

I actually LOVE glee but sue sylvester is getting on my last nerves.  Any more over the top and I won't be able to watch.  Its all well and good that they are trying to show that bullying for being gay is wrong but they do a crap job of showing that no really, all bullying needs to flipping STOP and adults actually need to help kids/teenagers with it.  I can't believe the adults never DO anything... except will of course... who just tells glee club to sing more.  arg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeymom View Post

Was anyone offended by Sue's suicide attempt? Or should I say, Sue-icide? I saw an article, didn't read it, that said 'this time Glee went too far', that the fake suicide was just too much. It didn't seem fake to me, I thought she really had attempted suicide.

Offensive, anyone?

#87 of 170 Old 02-17-2011, 10:07 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

lol.gif  I love Sue Sylvester.  I find myself cringing through the entire show, her spots are the only part I like.  I hope she takes down the whole club, honestly.  I should probably stop watching, eh?  I thought the fact that she ate 4 full bottles of gummi vitamins funny, because it was over the top.  I didn't find it offensive, I found it in the vein of the put upon, guilt tripping mother who is always accusing her children of wanting to kill her.  I don't like the Lauren Zizes character and I don't really care about the relationships between any of the students anymore.

#88 of 170 Old 02-18-2011, 10:27 AM

Actually I wasn't offended by the suicide, I just didn't agree with the article that claimed the suicide was faked. 

But, yes, I could do without her rampaging down the hall throwing students around.

And I agree, the show wouldn't be half as good without her. 

#89 of 170 Old 02-18-2011, 02:42 PM

Why was Emma gone ofr so many shows?  She seems like she's been relegated to teh background and I loved her.  And what happened to Uncle Jesse (I refuse to call him Carl)?

obstruct livery vehicles

#90 of 170 Old 02-21-2011, 06:30 AM

I miss Emma too,and her adorable wardrobe.  It could be the large cast makes it hard for them to include everyone, and they seem to be writting Will as over his attraction to Emma.

Tags
Music Together

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page