glee!!!!!! - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 170 Old 05-26-2011, 11:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Madi- Lots of people asked to take pics of me with my shirt! It was so fun!

So, the concert was REALLY good. Better than I thought it would be. They did SO MANY numbers back to back and had Will and Sue on the video screen. Sue was hilarious. The only thing I didn't like so much was that not all of the characters were in character the whole time. Santana said a lot of nice stuff, and Puck was nice too, which was weird. Kurt was in character the whole time and really made the show great. Same with Blaine.

Here's my recap on the individual performances:

Finn: MUCH better singer in person than on the show. I'm not sure why they alter his voice on the show so much, but he was really good live. I was shocked!

Rachel: She held the longest, highest note than I thought was possible. Amazing! She really is a solid, good performer.

Mercedes: EVEN BETTER LIVE! No one can sing like that woman! And she was very personable with the audience.

Britney: She danced AMAZINGLY and was in almost every number. She is so talented and I found myself watching her almost the whole time.She closed the show with her dancing.

Kurt: His voice is even higher in person. He was the most "in-character" of all of them. He performed "Single Ladies" and was just amazing!

Blaine: He had a couple of rough starts to a few songs, but he was still really good. He performed a lot out in the audience. A girl in the audience got through the body guards and kissed him. That was hilarious, but he was a good sport about it.

Tina: She BLEW ME away with her singing! She should really be featured more on the show. Besides the Rachel Ballads and Mercedes Belting Tunes, Tina was really the BEST singer.

Santana: She was good, but wasn't in character at all.

Sam & Quinn: Sam was better live than on the show too! He played a lot of guitar. Quinn got her hair cut above her shoulders and didn't look like the character any more.

Mike: Like Britney, he also danced a lot and was fabulous! He and her did some couples dancing with lots of flips and turns and it was awesome.

Puck & Zizes: Puck sang great and did a rap that was awesome (forgot which song but did it on the show too). He did a lot of acoustic guitar and did a lot of performing out in the audience. I wish he was in character, though. Zizes was in character the whole time and participated in a few of the numbers. She apparently can play the guitar really well. She did a huge electric guitar solo that was awesome!

All in all, GREAT SHOW! :)

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#152 of 170 Old 05-26-2011, 12:38 PM

that sounds like a lot of fun :)

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#153 of 170 Old 05-26-2011, 03:44 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Awesome! What fun!

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#154 of 170 Old 05-27-2011, 07:31 AM

Quinn got her hair cut on the season finale of the show. 

also who else hated the season finale! the only part i liked was the same mercedes part

cold.gifme + headscratch.gif him and one littlecat.gifPaco the Taco hoping for one of these  makebabe.gifin the near future

#155 of 170 Old 05-27-2011, 07:46 AM

I wasn't thrilled with the finale either.  I'm really bored with Rachel story lines.  Supposedly the finale is meant to be a set up for season 3 which the creator says will be the best yet but I still feel they could have done a better job.  It was rushed and just way too finn/rachel heavy.  They barely touched schu's broadway dream/deciding to stay and although the creator insists quinn's hair cutting was all she needed to deal with the Finn break up, it was pretty ridiculous that she was all 'I have big NY plans, you'll see!' and then briefly considers ruining it for EVERYONE just to get back at finn and rachel but its all okay because her hair is shorter.  They are doing a really poor job of developing her character.  They started after the baby was born but they reverted her back to first season barely pregnant quinn as soon as she started dating Sam.

I'm really ready for some good Tina and Mike story lines.  Tina and Mike STILL get left behind so I hope that changes right away in third season.  We've seen more of pretty much everyone now but we know almost nothing about Mike.  Rachel and Finn keep shoving him out I guess.

However, I AM glad they didn't make it into the top 10.  I'm surprised they even managed to choreograph their songs considering they had written them practically before going on stage.  They only had two songs anyway so what would they have done if they had gotten in?

#156 of 170 Old 05-27-2011, 02:37 PM

monarchgrrl that is really cool! thanks for the low down! These things never come through my town else I would be there!

#157 of 170 Old 05-27-2011, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It does sound really cool. I would love if something like that came here!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#158 of 170 Old 06-02-2011, 01:29 AM

I did NOT like the finale.  I didn't understand what Quinn's big plans were for NY either and was disappointed about that too.  There's no cliffhanger!  HOw can that be the season finale?  It seemed more like a series finale to me.

Akie, single mom to M (02/18/06), E (08/04/07) and Z (06/22/09)
#159 of 170 Old 12-01-2011, 07:17 AM

Anyone want to chat about the new season??  lurk.gif

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#160 of 170 Old 12-01-2011, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter

I'm finding it kind of blah I guess. I think it is going to be cancelled soon.

treehugger.gif *CPST*  mama to my three year old DS1 broc1.gif1.31.09 and wedded to angel 8.07  hola.gif

DS 2  waterbirth.jpg 8/18/12!!

#161 of 170 Old 12-02-2011, 06:19 AM

Aw, I'm really enjoying it!!  Tho - I only just started watching.  I caught up on the past 2 seasons on Netflix pretty fast and then just watched this season's episodes this week!!  I love the show. I heard though that Rachel, Finn, Santana, and Kurt are leaving the show.  Not much "show" left if they leave, you know?  

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#162 of 170 Old 12-02-2011, 11:55 AM

They're not leaving the show they are just graduating

#163 of 170 Old 12-02-2011, 11:58 AM

You think you'll keep them on the show?  Oh I hope so.  Especially Kurt!  

#164 of 170 Old 12-02-2011, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I stopped watching right before the sex episode.  DD2 loves glee for the singing and so I record them and we fastforward through the story line and go to the singing.  I watch the show but I just haven't felt like watching tv these past few weeks. 

#165 of 170 Old 12-02-2011, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

I liked this weeks episode about Santana. She is my favorite. I cried when she was talking to her grandmother greensad.gif

I would not be bummed if Kurt or Rachel were gone I guess. They irritate me! I do love Blain though. WTH is going on with Puck and Shelby??? what is she doing?

treehugger.gif *CPST*  mama to my three year old DS1 broc1.gif1.31.09 and wedded to angel 8.07  hola.gif

#166 of 170 Old 01-28-2012, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

I have been a little meh about glee lately, but this last episode was so great. I cried a bunch of times (and not just because I'm pregnant.. I don't think!) I loved Artie's internal conflict about dating Becky, I loved Becky's internal British monologue, I loved when Sue handed Emma a rose.. oh and I really super loved the Grease opening with Sam and Mercedes. Sam was the PERFECT Danny Zuko. I didn't love Finn proposing to Rachel. and as usual I fast forwarded most of the Rachel songs.

#167 of 170 Old 01-29-2012, 01:58 PM

i loved the grease bit! and emmas song was great too :)

mama to one '07 and one '09
#168 of 170 Old 03-09-2012, 04:26 AM

Oh no! I just caught up to the last episode! That was way, way, too much. I think Glee may have jumped the shark. Seriously? that much drama in one episode? This is not a soap opera!

I think Quinn and Santana are the most beautiful girls on the show. Quinn is just so, so beautiful! I'm not liking the new producer. Really not liking this change. ugh!!!

Oh, and can anyone explain to me what happened to that character Lauren? The big girl who Puck was interested in for a little while? Or in real life? Did she get a better job or something? I kind of miss her. Is anyone still watching Glee?

Akie, single mom to M (02/18/06), E (08/04/07) and Z (06/22/09)
#169 of 170 Old 03-10-2012, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

yah I'm still watching. I think it was more ridiculously drama filled because it was the season finale, right? or at least the mid-season finale?

I don't know what happened to Lauren. I don't remember an exit, she was just gone at the start of the new year, right? was she supposed to have been a senior last year?

#170 of 170 Old 03-17-2012, 10:15 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadiMamacita View Post

yah I'm still watching. I think it was more ridiculously drama filled because it was the season finale, right? or at least the mid-season finale?
I don't know what happened to Lauren. I don't remember an exit, she was just gone at the start of the new year, right? was she supposed to have been a senior last year?

I am so happy that Glee (who has a HUGE teen audience) covered LGBTQ suicide issues.  And, they handled the issue beautifully.  I had several amazing sessions with my teen (both gay and non-gay) clients because of that episode.

I could have done without the whole wedding crap, though.  And, I'm not sure what is going on with the Quinn and totally did not see that coming.   

There were just too many drama filled storylines: Kowalski, Rachel & Finn's wedding stuff, Regionals & Quinn.   Wish they would have just stuck to a couple of them. 

As for Lauren, she dumped Puck & Glee Club because she felt they were bring her reputation down since they lost Nationals.  There was a little quip of her dumping Puck during the first episode of the season.     

Tags
Music Together

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page