glee!!!!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 170 Old 09-21-2010, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
is back tonight!
i'll weigh in tomorrow after i've watched on hulu.

treehugger.gif *CPST*  mama to my three year old DS1 broc1.gif1.31.09 and wedded to angel 8.07  hola.gif

DS 2  waterbirth.jpg 8/18/12!!

#2 of 170 Old 09-22-2010, 12:29 AM

I miss the old music
#3 of 170 Old 09-22-2010, 09:01 AM

I liked the episode but it was a little bland. Needs more Puck.

I'm a morning person.  We actually do exist.
#4 of 170 Old 09-22-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcal View Post
I miss the old music
Me too!! If it turns into nothing but rap and Gaga I might throw up.

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#5 of 170 Old 09-22-2010, 01:14 PM

Watched the whole thing and I really didn't like it. Don't like the new coach. Hated the "inappropriate touching" scene. Hated the music.
#6 of 170 Old 09-22-2010, 02:24 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I pretty much felt about it the way I feel about most episodes. Some of it's really cheesy & embarrassing to watch, some of it is touching, some is funny, the musical performances lack individuality and sound too processed, and I love Sue Sylvester

I loved the scene with Sue and her comments about the breast implants, and then the fight between Quinn and Santana. I kind of liked the football coach angle. I thought Finn's audition for the Cheerios was funny.

I had watched the scene with Rachel and Sunshine on the Glee facebook page, and I had hoped that was just a weird little teaser, but that actual scene was in the show, and that was just too much. Rachel's over the top most of the time, but that was offensive. Sending her to a crackhouse I can see, but talking loudly in broken English didn't really seem in keeping with her character. I did actually like their musical performance and I liked Rachel singing "What I Did for Love" at the end, although I wasn't sure if it was love for herself or for Finn or what?

I also liked the scene with Kurt, but the slushie thing is getting old. It's hard to believe that people who are talented enough to be professional singers, since that's basically what they all are, there is no way you can buy them as a high school glee club--would just accept having slurpees thrown in their faces. It's such a disconnect for me, but that's how I feel about a lot of the show.
#7 of 170 Old 09-22-2010, 02:29 PM

I love the new coach! She's awesome! She has heart. I really can't wait for next week's Britney episode! REALLY can't wait. I love that the Sue vs. Will fued is back on. I didn't like them being on the same side.

I wasn't thrilled with the songs they chose, except the New York song. I liked that whole performance. I think they just wanted to hook the younger crowd back in for the season premiere. Hopefully they'll keep up with a good mix of 80's, 90's and today's music.

I didn't love the whole new girl vs. Rachel thing, so I'm glad she's going to the other school. I knew it would happen though since I knew that girl (forgot her real name) wasn't going to be a regular. I hope the new quaterback joins the club. I love his voice. And I LOVED the line "I've never had balls in my mouth. Have you?"

ETA: Like Viola said, I also loved the breast implant stuff from Sue!

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#8 of 170 Old 09-22-2010, 03:21 PM

I got to see most of the episode (missed the cheerio tryout! part). I was so shocked by the Will/Sue alliance, I looked over to DH and said "oh my I think that a sign of the apocalypse."

I like some of the new music, mostly because its outside of my usual listening genres, but I do hope for it to just be blended into the 80's/90's and etc. and not the mainstay.

about the implants & Sue

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#9 of 170 Old 09-22-2010, 09:13 PM

I missed Emma. Was the actress doing something or just not in the premier? I like how they set up this seasons conflicts.
#10 of 170 Old 09-23-2010, 12:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawningmama View Post
Needs more Puck.
there is never enough puck! i still miss the mohawk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viola View Post
"What I Did for Love" at the end, although I wasn't sure if it was love for herself or for Finn or what?
I thought it was love of the spotlight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezlyryan View Post
I missed Emma. Was the actress doing something or just not in the premier?
i was wondering the same thing!

I LOVED the new york song.
I wish they would team with another group to do a flash mob, in order to get some interest for the club. that would be fun!
I liked the new guy's voice too, but I also just like that song. and I like it when Artie raps

treehugger.gif *CPST*  mama to my three year old DS1 broc1.gif1.31.09 and wedded to angel 8.07  hola.gif

#11 of 170 Old 09-23-2010, 02:28 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
I liked Rachel singing "What I Did for Love" at the end, although I wasn't sure if it was love for herself or for Finn or what?
Most definitely it's for herself. She admitted as much to Finn. I'm so glad Finn called her on her "I'm being mean to Sunshine because I love you guys so much" load.

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#12 of 170 Old 09-23-2010, 02:42 PM

I sang "What I Did For Love" for a voice class once...and an audition...so I have a special love for that song! I was really glad they closed with it.

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#13 of 170 Old 09-23-2010, 06:19 PM

I actually thought that Rachel did it for the club, but everyone was doubting her so much that she was all "Fine whatever, it was for myself".

Love the new football coach!!!!
#14 of 170 Old 09-23-2010, 06:34 PM

I thought the episode was dull. And what was with all the commercials? It felt like the episode was maybe 20 min. long. The NY song was good, but the rest of the show was seriously lacking. I hope it gets better!

You can find me on Facebook. PM for info.
#15 of 170 Old 09-23-2010, 06:44 PM

I was beyond disapointed in the episode. The best part was sue and the breast implants.

I'm REALLY hoping they can pull out all the stops with next weeks episode...I dont want to stop watching it

Can't wait for the Rocky Horror Picture Show episode...my life will be complete

mommy daddy son daughter = our family
#16 of 170 Old 09-23-2010, 08:26 PM

I think R did it for the love of the spotlight AND because she did not want things to change within the group.

Also they showed other peoples love as well: T wanting a BF she could dance with, Q's love of power getting the head cheer position back even though it would hurt S, and F feeling that without football he had no place. What T & Q did was also pretty suck ass but as always R was the only one that got called on it by anyone.

I love Sue, she is 100% crazy BUT she also does have a heart. She just doesn't want anyone to know about it. I like the new coach and I like how they set up the future conflict within the episode.

ETA: I did however HATE the scene where they had B accuse the new coach of touching her.

Ima Sophie + D + J =
#17 of 170 Old 09-24-2010, 02:08 PM

I was pretty underwhelmed by the first episode back, sadly. It seems like they would have wanted to come back bigger/better, but doesn't feel like anything really even happened.

Will & Sue - brief alliance, but then back to fighting

New Members - almost, but nope

Rachel, Quinn (everyone but Finn I think) - status quo on everything

I liked that when Santana and Quinn got into the catfight, she used Quinn's pregnancy against her. (Seems realistic for her character). But I didn't like that it was the ONLY thing that was mentioned about the pregnancy and giving up the baby. Is/was it hard on her? Does she see the baby?

Also as far as Santana's implants were concerned - am I the only one that didn't really see them?!

The first season started out kind of slow, so hopefully this will go the same way.
#18 of 170 Old 09-24-2010, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLo879 View Post
I was pretty underwhelmed by the first episode back, sadly. It seems like they would have wanted to come back bigger/better, but doesn't feel like anything really even happened.

Will & Sue - brief alliance, but then back to fighting

New Members - almost, but nope

Rachel, Quinn (everyone but Finn I think) - status quo on everything

I liked that when Santana and Quinn got into the catfight, she used Quinn's pregnancy against her. (Seems realistic for her character). But I didn't like that it was the ONLY thing that was mentioned about the pregnancy and giving up the baby. Is/was it hard on her? Does she see the baby?

Also as far as Santana's implants were concerned - am I the only one that didn't really see them?!

The first season started out kind of slow, so hopefully this will go the same way.
i didn't notice santanas new boobs, either.
and I loved the fight. i thought it was great.

#19 of 170 Old 09-24-2010, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezlyryan View Post
I missed Emma. Was the actress doing something or just not in the premier? I like how they set up this seasons conflicts.
this video suggests she is coming back! and with John Stamos, no less
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...sses-emma.html

#20 of 170 Old 09-29-2010, 10:49 AM

Any So You Think You Can Dance fans watching? Did you catch Mark Kanemura in the Britney/Santana number? He was the guy on the far right on the couch...and he was dancing!

#21 of 170 Old 09-29-2010, 12:26 PM

We are going to get some singing and dancing from Stamos at some point, right? Please?!

I enjoyed this episode, even though I was disappointed not to get a production number from Stamos. I thought GleeBrit was a better Brit than RealBrit (who looked lovely as well).

I'm a morning person.  We actually do exist.
#22 of 170 Old 09-29-2010, 12:33 PM

Holy smokes! Gleebrit Rocked! I liked this episode better than the last but still not loving this season.
#23 of 170 Old 09-29-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post
Any So You Think You Can Dance fans watching? Did you catch Mark Kanemura in the Britney/Santana number? He was the guy on the far right on the couch...and he was dancing!
TOTALLY!!! I was just coming to post this. I LOVED seeing him on there!

I LOVED last night's episode. Britney S. Pears is SO good! I just love her. She's better than Britney Spears!

"Are you a cat?"
"It's like a Jewish cloud"

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#24 of 170 Old 09-29-2010, 03:07 PM

I was disappointed with the Rachel number...her voice is WAY too high to pull of Britney music. It sounded...wrong.

#25 of 170 Old 09-29-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
I was disappointed with the Rachel number...her voice is WAY too high to pull of Britney music. It sounded...wrong.
This. It was the worst number of the night. And the dancers they had around her *totally* outmoved her, and made her look terrible. The chick on her left with the 8-pack abs was pretty darn hot.

Jen, SAHM to Jamie and Alexandra and with #3 in May
#26 of 170 Old 09-29-2010, 09:46 PM

This episode is A LOT better then the first one...but still not as great as the first season

"It's like a ink blot test...a big wet butt stain ink blot test"

mommy daddy son daughter = our family
#27 of 170 Old 09-30-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
No! I missed it!-my brain couldn't keep up with all the scene changes-why can't they just let us watch them dance instead of flashing back and forth between scenes?? (or maybe it's just my aging eyes, LOL)

However, I *did* see a guy from So you think you can dance" in the madonna episode, when Sue was singing. I don't remmeber his name-Nathan??

I am enjoying the new season-I watch very little TV so anything at all is like brain candy to me.

Kelly, wife to DH, mom to Caden Reese (10-2-06), Tessa Brynn (12-26-08 ), and Maddox Quinn (7-16-11). Fur-mama to Finnegan, Ripley, Raisin (my little kitty amputee) and Kimchi. 748/2011, 2028/2012-I did it!! 2023/2013-Again!!! 404/2014
#28 of 170 Old 10-02-2010, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

Brittany was very convincing as Britney. She did a great job. I though Rachel did a horrible job as well. I was really liking that we were getting to see more of the other characters, and then they had to go and give her a song or two..

I really liked this episode. I thought it was great EXCEPT for the lack of puck. WHAT is going on with him this season?? He was in like, 4 group shots the whole episode. boo.
Glad Finn is back on the team, and yay for Artie! I was glad to see the coach change her mind.

#29 of 170 Old 10-06-2010, 03:48 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Woo hoo, they sang something from Yentl!
#30 of 170 Old 10-06-2010, 09:46 AM

I liked most of last night - I think the issue was sensitively handled.

Tags
Music Together

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page