Tonights episode of Average Joe Adam Returns - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 03-23-2004, 02:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
One of the girls competing for Adam has a child. I didn't see her reveal it to him, but I saw him kick her off the show for it. I am surprised they even let her on in the first place. Oh well, better to know now that he couldn't deal with a child then later.
Did anyone see her tell him?

Mama to DD#1 2001 reading.gif, DD#2 2002 2whistle.gif, dog2.gif, & cat.gif. Me & my man partners.gifbelly.gif June 2014.
#2 of 11 Old 03-23-2004, 02:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I saw it in the teaser. She was very up front and honest about it. I htink he handled it OK. I think it kinda sucks but he had no desire to be in a serious relationship with someone who has a child and at least he was honest with her right away.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#3 of 11 Old 03-23-2004, 03:02 AM

I am addicted to this show.And I HATE reality television.I guess I just like rooting for the underdog.

I watched tonight too. I felt Adam was very caring and honest about her having a child and that he wasn't ready for that. She made a comment in the clip after he sent her home about some men just arent mature enough to separate things to get to know her first before they decide. I thought to myself a mother and child come as a package whats to separate?? He was mature enough to know this!!
Besides doesn't the winner go away on vacation for several weeks with adam?? She was already complaining of missing the boy age 6 after a few days.I think he made a good decision.

Linda
#4 of 11 Old 03-23-2004, 01:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
well I saw it last nighjt too and I was really disapointed that they hide the fact she had a child. why do this? its so unfair to everyone involved! so dumb... I liked the show and I am a reality junkie :

so funny how they would show clips of adam making out and then switch to the girls being catty :LOL oh reality!
#5 of 11 Old 03-23-2004, 04:49 PM

did you see the preview for next week? they see the trailer as well as the make out seens. it looks like some of them decide to leave or at least call him on it. It doesn't look pretty.

I was werded out a little about the way she kept going on about how she was independant and how her son had nothing to do with anything, etc. . . If I was single and dating my child would have everything to do with a serious relationship and I would want to know right up front if I guy wasn't in to that. Why waste my time with a guy who wasn't intrested in my child? Maybe she just wasn'[t looking for any sort of serious relationship and he is?

Anyway, I am so intoi this show because I watched theoriginal average joe and was a) impressed with how cute some of the average guys were and thought "hmm, they don't really belong here" and then was absolutely astounded when she didn't pick Adam. Was she nuts?

Did anyone see the finaly of Average joe 2? I couldn't bring my self to watch. who did she pick? Average or not? Have you niticed bith times it came down to one average and one above average? planned? I htink so.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#6 of 11 Old 03-23-2004, 05:20 PM

First of all, I just wanted to point out that I totally called him sending home the bikini girls (on the other thread here about this show). I was right! Ha, ha!

I don't like that they're going to show the women clips of him kissing everyone. They're obviously trying to start fights and cattiness within that house, and it looks like they're all going to put poor Adam on the spot about it, after he's gone out of his way to be considerate of everyone. In the first two seasons, the women were kissing all the guys, too, and no one called them on it! Adam can't get a break, even on his own show!

(Lilyka, on Average Joe 2 she picked pretty boy Gil. I think it was set up so the final two had to be one average guy and one pretty boy.)
#7 of 11 Old 03-23-2004, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bunnybartlett
I thought to myself a mother and child come as a package whats to separate?? He was mature enough to know this!!
I didn't see it last night, I forgot it was on, but I have to agree with you. Mother/child is a package. I think that if he knows he is not ready for child better to tell her now and not lead her on.
Quote:
If I was single and dating my child would have everything to do with a serious relationship and I would want to know right up front if I guy wasn't in to that. Why waste my time with a guy who wasn't intrested in my child
Exactly!

lilyka, in the second show she was told that she had to eliminate even amounts of both sides, but to a point I think. I was so hoping that she picked the average joe, and they fooled me when they brought the hottie in first, they do the opposite on Bachelor, and I hadn't watched the first Average Joe finale so I didn't know~:LOL I got all excited thinking they are cutting him he arrived first! :LOL

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all
#8 of 11 Old 03-24-2004, 12:08 AM

Dang it. he was so sweet. grrrr. Can't an average Joe ever get a break. Well I guess Adam is. :LOL

Heather - I just have to say, Scout is one of the most beautiful babies I have ever seen

#9 of 11 Old 03-24-2004, 12:26 AM

I have to agree with lilyka, Heather those eyes!!!!!!!

#10 of 11 Old 03-24-2004, 04:46 PM

Awwww.. thanks! I think so, too, but I've always assumed I was just biased!
#11 of 11 Old 03-24-2004, 06:04 PM

Nope you were right on the $$

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page